Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-07, 14:03   Link #3661
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, you can't change it currently, but the developers said they plan to allow that in the future.
I hope so, having excess crew sux especially when their 100%
Old 2013-03-07, 14:16   Link #3662
Gravitas Free Zone

I can only imagine how expensive that retraining will be. Though it would be useful.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 14:27   Link #3663
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

lol ppl are already getting the TDs for brit line.

i've also played the tutorial, its a bit messed up from being translated from Russian. so its not really worth playing unless u made a new acct or r a newb. the rewards is 6k and 300xp. I did it on both my accounts, but unfortunately it didn't make much of a difference on my main acct.

but i think the xp is converted to free xp, so newbs can just spam tutorial as much as they want to get from stock to fully researched tier Is or IIs within a few of hours.
Old 2013-03-07, 14:28   Link #3664
Gravitas Free Zone

The tutorial cannot be abused that way, since it only gives you the reward once.

I was using the tutorial repeatedly to check mod functionality. It got boring fast.
Old 2013-03-07, 14:32   Link #3665
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

But it did give you the satisfaction for destroying a KT with a tank that you normally don't expect to kill it with.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 14:37   Link #3666
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But it did give you the satisfaction for destroying a KT with a tank that you normally don't expect to kill it with.

- Tak
I'm satisfied with that too. I hate how KTs bounce my shots... to bad those are fake versions of the live ones.

btw I can talk on my main acct now.
Old 2013-03-07, 15:04   Link #3667
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
btw I can talk on my main acct now.
For some odd reason, the movie Matrix suddenly popped up in my head...

"What good are your rights if you cannot speak... Mr. Anderson..."

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-07, 15:24   Link #3668
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
For my counterpoint:
"Some people did not like this ceremonial style. But after all when you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite." —WInston Churchill

Got all the mods working. Finally have enhanced minimaps working as they're supposed to, versus crashing my client during 8.3:

Images
Hidden for large image.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-07, 15:26   Link #3669
Tak

Alright, how do you get enhanced minimap working?

The last version I got was from 8.2, I can never modify it work on 8.3... someone help me here.

- Tak

Old 2013-03-07, 15:35   Link #3670
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
For some odd reason, the movie Matrix suddenly popped up in my head...

- Tak
"My name is not Anderson, My name is Neil!" Is what I would reply to that.

well i'll see ya online maybe.
Old 2013-03-07, 15:54   Link #3671
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Alright, how do you get enhanced minimap working?

The last version I got was from 8.2, I can never modify it work on 8.3... someone help me here.
I had massive problems with Locastan's Enhanced Minimap in 8.3, possibly due to its XVM integration versus my not having XVM; I ended up just using the map graphics and deleting the .xml files that controlled the icons and other display items.

The new version released for 8.4, though, works just fine for me despite my not having XVM.

And while it's a bit of a visual soup, being able to see what targets are out there, instead of just icons, is a huge benefit.
Old 2013-03-07, 16:16   Link #3672
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

idk why ppl waste time on XVM mod. its better not to see all that clutter crap on the screen.
Old 2013-03-07, 16:32   Link #3673
Gravitas Free Zone

Except none of that is XVM; the altered tank icons in the team lists are just icons, and the enhanced minimap is just... useful. I could turn off some of the extra stuff in the minimap (after the screenshot was taken I decreased the alpha values of some of the GUI elements), but seeing the tank types on the map is a great help.
Old 2013-03-07, 16:32   Link #3674
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
idk why ppl waste time on XVM mod. its better not to see all that clutter crap on the screen.
So I can see who the obvious noobs are and know not to follow them when they say "follow me into the field!" Conversely, I can see who the good players are and give them my support and help the team win. If it works well it's like being in a platoon.

Also, the only thing I really like about the enhanced minimap is that it gives you that red view range box. Otherwise it makes it so that when you press Ctrl the map pops up and gets in the way of your screen.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 16:41   Link #3675
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
So I can see who the obvious noobs are and know not to follow them when they say "follow me into the field!" Conversely, I can see who the good players are and give them my support and help the team win. If it works well it's like being in a platoon.

Also, the only thing I really like about the enhanced minimap is that it gives you that red view range box. Otherwise it makes it so that when you press Ctrl the map pops up and gets in the way of your screen.
thats what i mean about clutter crap, I just use what WoT game me, the only mods are so i see anime characters for crew, miku hanger, jimbo mod, and the thing to calculate ur stats becuz i get confused when ppl say calculations that I don't even know about becuz their using some mod to calculate it.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:20   Link #3676
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

finally got around to mod the GuP mods, now it should be more interesting, TY to LoweGear who helped on one of the mods that I'm using for GuP.

also props to Pen for introducing mods to me.

although my first mod was the jimbo's mod, which SideStrafe uses. then the second one was the stats that UTE or ES introduced to me.

thanks guys.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:27   Link #3677
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
thats what i mean about clutter crap, I just use what WoT game me, the only mods are so i see anime characters for crew, miku hanger, jimbo mod, and the thing to calculate ur stats becuz i get confused when ppl say calculations that I don't even know about becuz their using some mod to calculate it.
If you don't want any extra clutter, press "v" and then you won't have to see anything besides the environment and the tanks in it.
I use XVM because it helps me, not because I like the clutter.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 17:51   Link #3678
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
For my counterpoint:
"Some people did not like this ceremonial style. But after all when you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite." —WInston Churchill

Got all the mods working. Finally have enhanced minimaps working as they're supposed to, versus crashing my client during 8.3:

Images
Hidden for large image.
I downloaded the mod today for the first time today and I haven't gotten it to work (only the 100% spot range radius and tank sight line works on my minimap). Maybe manually copying the files in the right position instead of WoT mod installer might make a difference.

One complained I have is that I find the standard size icons on the minimap so freaking large. I wish there was a way to make it smaller.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:55   Link #3679
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
If you don't want any extra clutter, press "v" and then you won't have to see anything besides the environment and the tanks in it.
I use XVM because it helps me, not because I like the clutter.
well that would be good if i was making a vid, but i'm playing a game, so i need the crosshair.

XVM to show the tank types on the minimap is useless if you don't keep looking at it often. I can use the minimap and guess based on the list of tanks still alive, I still can wipe the floor against enemy tanks half the time. but ppl using XVM and still lose to someone using stock gui and interface needs to uninstall and start over again and make a new account.

no offense, but if they have all this high tech modding and still manage to lose becuz they can't play as a team, then they deserve to lose, even if they are on my team. I could care less, I don't even have to try half of the time to get at least 1 or 2 kills before i die, if i'm lucky i can even get top gun.

anyways my honest opinion on XVM is that ppl that use them and still sit back afking or something similar deserved to be killed by the enemy.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:58   Link #3680
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Images
Hidden for large image.
is that red square representing the line of sight of your tank? UTE...

and yet I still do way better on the T29 than you XD.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks