AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-06, 03:06   Link #121
leonaheidern

Hi er its ok cause I figuered out how to copy the script placed on the Bartender wiki into Notepad and saved as .ass format. After that i muxxed it with the xvid4psp pmp format.

First time i converted to avi the video didn't have subs. I saved a copy into avi also haha. gonna put it on my Sarotech Abiggs 2.5" hdd player and bring the thing to my neighbours house for some alcohol goodies.
leonaheidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 23:13   Link #122
evil-samurai

The story was nice but its wasn't something that really! grabbed me. More-so the music does it for me in the show, plus I really like the Voice overs. Though-out the whole episodes I think I was enjoying the music more then anything else. Oh! and it looks like the ending has changed! Nice to see that its going to change every week =)
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 23:17   Link #123
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It seems that the concept of male oriented slice-of-life feel-good anime isn't taking off well. Shame, I quite like it. Contrary to what many people who download it believe, this is not a show about drinking. The cocktails aren't the point of the show, they're just a way of summing up what the episode taught us about someone's life.

This show's closest relative is probably Human Crossing Point.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 04:23   Link #124
tritoch

I love Bartender. And I don't even drink.

Its appealing to adults who were from the 80`s perhaps. But I like the storytelling, its unique and refreshing.

Also, both the Op and Ed songs are killer good. The Op just makes me want to dance to it or something. Its fun.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 05:03   Link #125
Baby-D
Baby timer

Yup, Natural High is awesome. And the male vocal in the OP is Shiina Ringo's Brother, Junpei.

I think the drinks can be both a reason for someone to get started with this show and also something that doesn't drive away those who don't drink at all but rather just helps tie the stories together within the episodes. I've enjoyed all 3 episodes.
Baby-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 05:06   Link #126
tritoch

I cried watching episode 3, it was that good. I love this 1 shot episode style (pardon the pun) [no pun intended on that pun quote]

btw, any news on the OST?

And uh, the ending video changes huh? It was that cafe style in episode 1, now the ending shows a margarita.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 05:20   Link #127
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
Likewise. Of course, I also love Aria. And I don't even ride a gondola.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 07:06   Link #128
Cal-Reflector

With such a novel premise and style of presentation, Bartender looks interesting indeed. Suffice that I felt like a water and whiskey myself after episode 1. Conveniently, I'll be turning 21 in less than 2 weeks.
Old 2006-11-09, 10:23   Link #129
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It seems that the concept of male oriented slice-of-life feel-good anime isn't taking off well. Shame, I quite like it.
Not true! I've turned semi-gay for Ryuu!!! (No, JK. But he is hot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Suffice that I felt like a water and whiskey myself after episode 1.
Was at Hard Rock Cafe yesterday, and guess what made me down a Martini, and a glass of Jim Beam Black?

I absolutely love the OP as well.. like tritoch said, its fun, and if you see Lunar's sub of the lyrics, its very fitting too. Also, tritoch, each ED features a different drink being made. However, I do want to see more of that lady doing the singing for the ED.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:58   Link #130
Baby-D
Baby timer

Not sure on the OST but the op single (and maybe the end with it?) is out in december.
Baby-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 17:36   Link #131
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Not true! I've turned semi-gay for Ryuu!!! (No, JK. But he is hot)

Was at Hard Rock Cafe yesterday, and guess what made me down a Martini, and a glass of Jim Beam Black?

I absolutely love the OP as well.. like tritoch said, its fun, and if you see Lunar's sub of the lyrics, its very fitting too. Also, tritoch, each ED features a different drink being made. However, I do want to see more of that lady doing the singing for the ED.
You live in Dallas? nice.. I know you hate the OU vs UT weekend..

ANyway yeah this show is aweosme. Even for a naive underage adult such as myself.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 05:57   Link #132
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3.

Yet another incredibly heart-warming episode. If a bit ridiculous. I mean, I think the only way to swallow the fact that the character in this episode could come to the realization and then self-redemption after a single Margarita is with a grain of salt (lol get it?).

But they did do a really good job of painting the character through reflection. I guess that's what this series does particularly well. Which is good... a series like this just wouldn't survive if it didn't.

Series continues to deliver pretty much exactly what I figured from the beginning... which is good. If future eps are as enjoyable and heart-warming as this one, well, I'd say we have a winner.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 07:03   Link #133
Lost

Delightful, episode 2. Delightful, and brought me near to tears too.

Sorrow-K, I think this is a winner. The abstract way of story-telling only enhances its... flavour.. so to speak. It's touching; it's intellectual -- Ryuu's guesswork, and the revelation at the end that what was important wasnt really the exact drink, but the feelings it was staked on -- and with this episode, it became insightful too:

Bringing across this story in such a way without making it seem an overdone Father-son plot, and later, the Grandfather's reason for change of heart revealed; tho best of all: Ryuu's realization about old-drinks at the end.

The scene that most stuck with me was the figure of an old man silhouetted, raising a glass to an empty seat, with tears flowing from his eyes. It brings tears to one's eyes. Then again, I always had a weak spot for Father-Son relationships.

The epilogue perfectly summed up the whole episode by going back to what it started off with in the beginning: Bars having no menus. This is a beauty, indeed. Its honestly rare that an episode leaves me with a smile like that, the smile I’m wearing as I write this. Heart-warming indeed. A beauty.

I wish I could have a Kaku.
Old 2006-11-10, 07:12   Link #134
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer
You live in Dallas? nice.. I know you hate the OU vs UT weekend..
Nope, I'm not from Dallas. I believe Hard Rock is International.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-D
Not sure on the OST but the op single (and maybe the end with it?) is out in december.
Thats great to hear! I need more of the OP, and hopefully, the ED.

You know, I'm wondering if those two Bartenders in episode 2, the old-hands, are based on real people. I hope to see more of them. They have really dependable faces.

Lol thanks physics! :P =D

Last edited by Lost; 2006-11-10 at 07:48.
Old 2006-11-10, 07:43   Link #135
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

He's from Singapore.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 07:58   Link #136
Lost

Was at the start of Episode 3, then decided to leave it till another night. Its such a waste watching this back to back. I want to spread this series out as far as possible. Anyway, just wanted to say that the OST sounds really nice too.

And, even if this is nothing like Mushishi, I think its likely that this will become my Mushishi-fix of the season.
Old 2006-11-10, 10:04   Link #137
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

naw nothing can be compared to mushishi. THat show was a master piece. I can't wait for it to be dubbed in English. I will buy all of those DVDs and watch it on my tv
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 11:09   Link #138
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

This series is great. I loved ep.1-2, ep3 is not bad either, but the story is a little bit too far fetched. I don't see how that glass of wine is going to make up for anything. But the history of the margarita is interesting. If they keep it this interesting, then it would definitely be a winner.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 12:20   Link #139
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
btw, any news on the OST?
Yep, it'll be out on the 29th November and include 31 tracks for ¥2,625 (inc. tax). Both YesAsia and CDJapan have it available for preorder if anyone wants to buy it (I may well do after the music in episode 2...)

Also, for financially suicidal fans, the first DVD will be released on the 20th December for ¥4,935. It'll have the first 3 episodes, and the first presses will include an Edenhall coaster (because you KNOW you want one), and a full-colour booklet with cocktail recipes and real photos of them. Hurrah! I'm tempted, but there may be a HD version later...
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 06:09   Link #140
Lost

An EDENHALL COASTER?? I KNOW I want one. Who's gonna buy the DVD but can sell me the coaster?