AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Sasuke's Revenge Justifiable?
Yes: All Konohanians (?) deserve to be felled by Sasuke's blade... 3 5.36%
Somewhat: The Elders (and those like them) are to blame, so they should get what's coming to them... 24 42.86%
No: Revenge is never justified, no matter how monstrous the criminal/action is... 8 14.29%
No: Revenge may be justifiable, but Sasuke's isn't... 21 37.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-14, 11:30   Link #81
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Probably because he knew that telling them wouldn't be a permanent solution. While the whole suspicion thing was what drove the Uchiha to planning a coup d'etat, it was only the straw that broke the camel's back as it were; it was just thrown on top of the years of dissatisfaction the Uchiha had suffered because of the 2nd sweeping them aside.
not just that, but how they felt after the 2nd hokage was chosen. i'm sure they had resentment about the 1st, but the 2nd was too much. the senju and uchiha joined to form an equal union in konoha, yet somehow the senju always wound up in control. it was infuriating to the uchiha, which probably lent credence to the elders' theory that the uchiha unleashed the kyuubi in some sort of revenge for being neglected. as said before they didn't even have any elders with some authority over the village politics. basically, the uchiha always got the shaft, and it adds more fuel to sasuke's justified revenge fire in addition to the massacre and itachi's treatment. it was a pattern with the senju that they offered their rivals an olive branch but then used that peace to keep them down. it wasn't fair from the start of konoha
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 12:13   Link #82
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm saying that for someone who's only concern is securing Konoha from the power Sharingan is capable of that's the clearest course of action. And it's the only one ensured to be permanent. It's horrifying, but yeah, it makes sense to me

Sasuke's stay at home mom was a jounin-ranked nin, but that's besides the point. I doubt Danzou and the Elders wanted the clan dead because they believed every single Uchiha down to the last man, woman and child was evil. And I don't believe that's why Itachi chose to kill the clan. As long as the clan survived the future threat would be there. Yeah, Sasuke's aunt & uncle are harmless. What about their children? Their grandchildren? The Kyuubi and the threat of rebellion pushed those fears to the breaking point. It's always seemed strange to me that Sarutobi didn't do more to try to stop it, but hey, maybe he felt there was no choice left either.

Itachi left Sasuke alive, but he wanted the Uchiha legacy to die. That wouldn't happen as long as there was a clan to rally the Uchiha. Madara's was the true enemy of course, but even as dangerous as he is, he's still a single, tangible threat. The clan was scores, maybe hundreds of uncertainties and each generation brings more. A Uchiha might be a loyal shinobi like Obito, or they could become the next Madara.

But I guess this is better left for the Itachi hero/villain thread...

How would they do that? As Konoha's elite police force, the Uchiha were already the ones enforcing Konoha's laws. Plus, it was Konoha's harsh policies that drove them to plot rebellion in the first place. They're going to remedy that by being even stricter?

The problem is that Sasuke simply doesn't give a damn...about anything. Politics, friendships, cute puppies and kittens... he could care less about all that. That attitude has him stepping on a lot of toes. No one seemed to fundamentally have a problem with his revenge (at least until it became about destroying Konoha) Even when Sasuke killed Danzou hardly anyone seemed bothered by it. But to get at Danzou he raided a shinobi summit, sliced up a bunch of samurai and picked a fight with all the Kages at once. He pretty much wrecks whatever gets in his way .
got to say your reaction to the unchiha massarce is one of with a outlook of no hope for the future. no one is a psychic and knows what the unchiha down the line would do. and to use that to justfied a terrible act is just passing the buck to me. prople like naruto and gaara have said, those type of actions are without any morals, and thats kind of how the ninja world has been for a long time, but think about there has been three ninja wars up until now, and untold number of ninja deaths. seems to me its time to try something else. danzo said at the kaga summit that he really didnt believe in any other way when it comes to peace. the fact is the actions taken aganist the unchiha have come back around to konoha and instead of accepting there part in this mess in creating sasuke, we will just call him a terrorist and kill him.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 12:19   Link #83
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
got to say your reaction to the unchiha massarce is one of with a outlook of no hope for the future. no one is a psychic and knows what the unchiha down the line would do. and to use that to justfied a terrible act is just passing the buck to me. prople like naruto and gaara have said, those type of actions are without any morals, and thats kind of how the ninja world has been for a long time, but think about there has been three ninja wars up until now, and untold number of ninja deaths. seems to me its time to try something else. danzo said at the kaga summit that he really didnt believe in any other way when it comes to peace. the fact is the actions taken aganist the unchiha have come back around to konoha and instead of accepting there part in this mess in creating sasuke, we will just call him a terrorist and kill him.
The problem with Naruto and Gaara's outlook on things is that neither of them have been faced with a situation where there is no "good" solution for them to morally fall back on, and so neither of them knows how it feels to be forced to choose between two evils. And you can call the massacre terrible all you like (and it was), but what other definitive solution was there? It wasn't so simple a situation where you can paint Konoha in the wrong over it, at least not the way you're going about it.

Also, by the way, Sasuke is a terrorist at this point. Whether Konoha is taking responsibility for what happened or not (and even now only certain people even know what really happened), he is a criminal. They didn't call him that just as a means to sweep their actions under the rug.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:33   Link #84
AuraSeer7

I think that Sasuke's revenge is a bit justified. But it is also a bit insane. He's going to kill everyone in Konoha, just because of the Elders? Sasuke seems to have lost his mind to me.

But I can understand why he has lost his mind. Even though he thought Itachi was really evil, he was still his brother, and I think Sasuke was a bit comforted by the fact that he wasn't alone in the world. But when Itachi died and Sasuke found out the truth, Sasuke was really sad and angry, and he thought that he was alone in the world. So he joins up with Madara(?) and decides to avenge Itachi by destroying the village, because that's what Madara(?) wanted him to do. He just didn't want to feel alone anymore.

At least, that is my opinion. ^^
AuraSeer7 is offline   Reply With Quote