AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-30, 13:38   Link #1
SummeryDreams

Clairvoyance

I used not to believe, but I was curious about myself. I mean, I've noticed this long time before. I used to know what other people are thinking, but is somewhat vague, but later on I've realized that, 'oh my God, I knew it was something like this'. I used to feel something as well if something bad/good will gonna happened. I feel agitated about it. I used to predict people's lives ahead as well, I can seem to know what future they will have based on looking how they act. I used to know someone's personality as well, given a very limited time to know about them. I don't believe in this clairvoyance thing, but I don't know, I seem to have one that I didn't noticed? Here are some few examples, I have a friend, and I used to have this odd feeling about him, something really bad since we're in college, and yes, something really horrible is going on at him right now, he's taken the board exam for 4 consecutive times, and is still failing. I have many more, enough for me to be more curious that I supposedly be not believing in. I hope someone else here will enlighten me, whether I might just be missing something, or rather this is just pure instinct, or might be that I really do have one (not into believing this one, but is flexible given the situation).
Old 2013-08-30, 15:26   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Here's the simplest explanation I can give you.

You have a tendency to try and guess or anticipate the future of others, it is a habit of yours.

Over time you have accumulate hundreds if not thousands of guesses, and given enough time, some guesses will be correct and you will start to believe that you have clairvoyance based on these events.

But statistically the small amount of correct guesses is just a random amount of lucky coincidences from a large amount of guesses you make as a habit.

And some times, certain events are easier to guess because you've made some behavioural observations. Take your friend who has taken the board exam 4 times as example, the fact that he has consistently performed poorly, it has become a pattern that you can see quite clearly, that he has a very high chance to fail another test and thus you worry for him.

You may not have clairvoyance, but you are building up keen observation skills that may help you in life.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2013-08-30, 15:52   Link #3
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, it's just another habit!
Old 2013-08-30, 16:06   Link #4
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Here's the simplest explanation I can give you.

You have a tendency to try and guess or anticipate the future of others, it is a habit of yours.

Over time you have accumulate hundreds if not thousands of guesses, and given enough time, some guesses will be correct and you will start to believe that you have clairvoyance based on these events.

But statistically the small amount of correct guesses is just a random amount of lucky coincidences from a large amount of guesses you make as a habit.

And some times, certain events are easier to guess because you've made some behavioural observations. Take your friend who has taken the board exam 4 times as example, the fact that he has consistently performed poorly, it has become a pattern that you can see quite clearly, that he has a very high chance to fail another test and thus you worry for him.

You may not have clairvoyance, but you are building up keen observation skills that may help you in life.
I just hope that this is really the case, I do wish because I kind of don't like the idea having one. But there are times that I really do feel something weird deep inside me. It's really a weird feeling that I couldn't understand, and with that sometimes a feeling of some weird good feeling, or weird bad feeling. Okay, I remember 2 weird feeling that I couldn't understand and results a good stuff that happened that I didn't even anticipated. Note that this feeling is rare enough that I do have experienced it twice, ones that happened before and something good happened that I didn't anticipated, and one is right now, but I kind of don't trust that thing consider it might be a coincidence, but there was a sign a good thing will happen that I didn't anticipate. On the bad side, it's quite a common feeling, but it was perfectly preceeded by a bad happening that I didn't anticipated as well. For example, my ex-girlfriend before. We were in a really good relationship, nothing really bad happen until one time. It happened accidentally though. Like routinely we are texting, then one day, I really felt something bad, a really bad feeling about something. I couldn't understand it, it's really bad but I don't know what it is. Then I've decided to take a walk, then out of nowhere, I saw my ex being with another guy holding hands with each other. So it's like, I feel something good/bad if something good/bad will happen? One good by the way is this. It's the same. Just having a real oridinary day, and I have this unexplained euphoria deep inside. I don't know what's up with that day, but I kind if like it, I don't know why. Then during that night, my mom called me that she was in her way to the airport because she will be coming home for about 10 years of work overseas.

By the way, I really don't want to open this one up. But I've had a really one clear experience of seeing a ghost. She was a child in a white dress floating, then passing into our gates, and disappeared after about 5-7 seconds of looking at it. I don't want to convince anyone about this, but just incase if anyone of you believes this, can it be connected in this clairvoyant thing? Note that I don't believe in clairvoyance, but I do believe in supernatural beings, considering my experience.
Old 2013-08-30, 20:24   Link #5
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Supernatural Beings... Maybe, Maybe Not. Human itself is messed up enough.

Oh, and you are not the only one. If I think of something bad befor saying out, it usually don't happen. But if I say without thinking, then it would happen. Like when my martenal granpa's grave (he was a soldier died in Saigon) was found, at first I said "No", and the grave really isn't the right one. The second time, luck is on our side.
Old 2013-08-31, 12:29   Link #6
SummeryDreams

I'd consider investigating myself anyway from now on. I just hope that I'm just a bit lucky out there, and just coincidence.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:19   Link #7
Haiprbim
Banned

It's all observation, the ability to connect, and above-the-average usage of prediction sense and logic.
Nothing supernatural or weird, you can just imagine the image from the information you are given by emphasizing and connecting them.
You're not the only one who is good at that.
Old 2013-09-03, 15:50   Link #8
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
It's all observation, the ability to connect, and above-the-average usage of prediction sense and logic.
Nothing supernatural or weird, you can just imagine the image from the information you are given by emphasizing and connecting them.
You're not the only one who is good at that.
Yea, I guess that's the case after all. I really did do some investigation over this stuff, and yes, I'm not clairvoyant after all but is just good in critical thinking and investigation stuffs. :3 Over those supernatural stuff, like the ghost, it did happened, but I don't think seeing one will make you a clairvoyant already (I don't want to be one because I don't want to see bad futures). So it's pretty much just instinct and good logic.
Old 2013-09-04, 22:30   Link #9
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator

I doubt its Clairvoyance you have or any supernatural talent (reality-talking lol).
If you ask me, I think you have ESP!

Last edited by Ecolo; 2013-09-04 at 22:30. Reason: I made a mistake
Old 2013-09-05, 14:04   Link #10
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
I doubt its Clairvoyance you have or any supernatural talent (reality-talking lol).
If you ask me, I think you have ESP!
What is ESP? xD I don't have any idea about that. Anyway, enough with the supernaturals as it's freaking me out like seriously speaking. haha.
Old 2013-09-05, 14:23   Link #11
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

ESP...Kind of like remote communication through mind, and really, really hyper sense.
Old 2013-09-05, 15:31   Link #12
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

ESP is Extra-Sensory Perception. Clairvoyance is a subset of that, along with precognition, telekinesis, and so on.
Old 2013-09-05, 19:00   Link #13
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
What is ESP? xD I don't have any idea about that. Anyway, enough with the supernaturals as it's freaking me out like seriously speaking. haha.
Well, considering the information you gave us, it's probably not impossible for you to have it.
But really, this is interesting...
Old 2013-09-06, 16:46   Link #14
SummeryDreams

Just got another good cue of me having that. This idea is whole lot new to me, I mean, I've heard it once before then I've googled a keyword, then that's the time where I've remembered the word. If you guys can help me find some really famous clairvoyant, then that would be pretty much appreciated, ow! The ESP thing as well. Thanks! I'd be searching on my own as well, and will update this with an article, and will see what's on it that is related to what I have. Started to be interested on this as well. lol
Old 2013-09-07, 00:40   Link #15
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Just got another good cue of me having that. This idea is whole lot new to me, I mean, I've heard it once before then I've googled a keyword, then that's the time where I've remembered the word. If you guys can help me find some really famous clairvoyant, then that would be pretty much appreciated, ow! The ESP thing as well. Thanks! I'd be searching on my own as well, and will update this with an article, and will see what's on it that is related to what I have. Started to be interested on this as well. lol
Considering the amount of people in the forum, it probably will be very unlikely to find such a person. People that have ESP is also very rare. At the moment, I'd be happy to assist you in some way but I don't exactly know how...
Old 2013-09-07, 11:14   Link #16
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Considering the amount of people in the forum, it probably will be very unlikely to find such a person. People that have ESP is also very rare. At the moment, I'd be happy to assist you in some way but I don't exactly know how...
I've almost had lost interest, but with what happened last night which is related to this (don't need to mention or I'll be banned forever), I guess I pretty need to see someone who knows about this. I mean, I kind of have this since I was a kid, I used to have a really good intuition, but didn't mind it off. I'm not yet sure, but I guess I have the feeling. Weren't even believing to this before, but my experiences were like teaching me to consider it. There are little that I could read about these stuffs, but my gf's mom has a clairvoyant friend (we argue a lot about this, I was telling her and her mom that this thing aint real, and just a make up story). Her mom invited me to see her, so I guess if I have time, I will.
Old 2013-09-07, 12:09   Link #17
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator

Quote:
I've almost had lost interest, but with what happened last night which is related to this (don't need to mention or I'll be banned forever), I guess I pretty need to see someone who knows about this. I mean, I kind of have this since I was a kid, I used to have a really good intuition, but didn't mind it off. I'm not yet sure, but I guess I have the feeling. Weren't even believing to this before, but my experiences were like teaching me to consider it. There are little that I could read about these stuffs, but my gf's mom has a clairvoyant friend (we argue a lot about this, I was telling her and her mom that this thing aint real, and just a make up story). Her mom invited me to see her, so I guess if I have time, I will.
Well, that sure will be a nice way to start this off. You're the first person I've met that has clairvoyance or anything that possibly relates to it. Being a mature, but still an fifteen-year old, my knowledge holds me back on such things. I'm curious about the results that will occur if you do meet her. I'll keep this thread subscribed.
Old 2013-09-07, 12:14   Link #18
SummeryDreams

Okay, but I'm not so sure that I'll go for the check up. Atleast not now. haha. I don't know, maybe I'm afraid? uuhhmmm.. Not so sure. What I'm truly afraid of I guess is because this whole kind thingy is link to spirits. I've read an article in wikipedia that it was the spirit of the dead that is sustaining the vision for clairvoyant, and ah man! I don't want to see a ghost anymore, atleast not now.
Old 2013-09-07, 14:01   Link #19
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Okay, but I'm not so sure that I'll go for the check up. Atleast not now. haha. I don't know, maybe I'm afraid? uuhhmmm.. Not so sure. What I'm truly afraid of I guess is because this whole kind thingy is link to spirits. I've read an article in wikipedia that it was the spirit of the dead that is sustaining the vision for clairvoyant, and ah man! I don't want to see a ghost anymore, atleast not now.
Well, I sure don't know anything about the possible existence of ghosts, but have you seen them before? Unless you seen one with your own eyes, you can't confirm about there being spirits and ghosts. Plus, scientists aren't accepting the existence of ghosts. I'm not going to pressure you into doing so, but I think you should give it a shot at the least.

Last edited by Ecolo; 2013-09-09 at 18:45.
Old 2013-09-08, 15:25   Link #20
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Well, I sure don't know anything about the possible existence of ghosts, but have you seen them before? Unless you seen one with your own eyes, you can't confirm about there being spirits and ghosts. Plus, scientists aren't accepting the existence of ghosts. I'm not going to pressure you into doing so, but I think you should give it a short at the least.
Well I have, anyway I don't force you to believe in me, but I have. The irony is when I saw that one, I wasn't alone so I wasn't really that scared, but I'm pretty sure it was. Floating child like on her 7th grade, and wearing a white dress. I couldn't recognize her face as it was something like shining. She was floating and traveling straight ahead into the side of our house and disappeared in about 5-7 seconds I guess? I won't force you to believe though as what you've told me as well, no one will believe without an actual experience. That was my first and my last visual experience, but I, I mean we pretty have so many auditory experiences. So pretty much all of us in that house do believe in ghost as we have a regular poltergeist in our old house underground around midnight to late dawn. Though going back with my visual experience, I really hate to see another one again. This what makes me freakout of knowing about this clairvoyance thingy as what I've read from wiki, ghost spirits were the ones sustaining its capability, and I'm afraid seeing another one again.
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion