Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-06, 13:41   Link #301
Jamie OD
Rusty Metal Alchamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
So All Mighty Kan-u Unchou got defeated by a Shaolin Monk?
What the hell was that?
isn't she the one who has the fame of never being defeated in a single combat??

anyway... what does the next eps. preview says?
i'm kinda confused...
The old guy had some sort of incense laying around which weakened Kanu as they were fighting (at least that's how it goes in the manga). Not much happened in this episode. Sure there was the bathing scene but it's so much better in the manga.

I'm curious if we're going to see Ryomou's past in the anime.
Jamie OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 22:13   Link #302
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

How sad.. I was ready with my tissue stock when Kanu wanted to join at first ;( ... Too bad only Ryuubi and that loli -.-
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 22:43   Link #303
ShadowVlican

omg eechi galore :O
ShadowVlican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 07:46   Link #304
Urd
Airborne

next eps. preview is interesting...
they want to obtain Kan-u... and the title
"Kan-u's Surrender" might be interpreted as Guan-Yu surrendering to Cao Cao in the ROTK, right?
Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 14:29   Link #305
WakkaZulu

Anyone know how far the anime will cover from the manga? Also, I'm confused about something from the manga.

Spoiler:
WakkaZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 18:30   Link #306
JayF

Koumei is one moe loli. She even refers to herself in the third person
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 18:39   Link #307
Rurik
Golden

So far so good for this series, in fact I have come to like it way more than the original Ikki TOusen series...I guess the amount screen time Kanu is having have me drooling all over this series, Man I can't wait for an uncensored DVD set to be released!!.

Either way, the story also seems more interesting that the original I like it more already.

BTW, can someone tell how good is this ROTK people talk about? I know is not a Series of Fanservise like this one, but the historic background of it sound interesting.
Old 2007-04-08, 18:57   Link #308
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
So far so good for this series, in fact I have come to like it way more than the original Ikki TOusen series...I guess the amount screen time Kanu is having have me drooling all over this series, Man I can't wait for an uncensored DVD set to be released!!

Either way, the story also seems more interesting that the original I like it more already.
Agreed. The only really likable character in the first season was Hakufu (Ryofu and her follower were moderately likable, but they were mostly just hot), but this season introduced a few more in Ruubi and Chouhi, added another couple of hot cool chicks in Kakouen and Bashoku (especially the latter), and made several of the characters from the first season more likable. (especially Kanu)

And the fights aren't complete crap anymore, either.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 10:03   Link #309
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

is Kanu a lesbian?
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 11:04   Link #310
pink_872

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
is Kanu a lesbian?

Yes she is, but a closet lesbian.
pink_872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 11:26   Link #311
Jamie OD
Rusty Metal Alchamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_872 View Post
Yes she is, but a closet lesbian.
The manga mentions that Kanu and Kakuka were at one point in a relationship (or just had a one night stand). Of course it is possible that she's now a closet lesbian. I haven't seen the subs yet for the latest episodes and I'm in doubt with the English translation of the manga, so I'm not entirley sure on the whole thing.
Jamie OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:20   Link #312
Urd
Airborne

saw eps. 7 raw...

Spoiler for eps.7:

btw, i know this can't be trusted, BUT, wikipedia says that Kan-U was just old friends with Kakuka and Kakouton, not that she was in any kind of relantionship with none...
just my 2 cents
Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:29   Link #313
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie OD View Post
The manga mentions that Kanu and Kakuka were at one point in a relationship (or just had a one night stand). Of course it is possible that she's now a closet lesbian. I haven't seen the subs yet for the latest episodes and I'm in doubt with the English translation of the manga, so I'm not entirley sure on the whole thing.
It true I also agree that shes most likely a closet lesbian. However it could be that she is so concerned with her destiny and what she needs to do that she doesnt really have time to think about it.

She does remind me of Ryoufu a bit and remember Ryoufu was playing on both sides till that the person she really cared about met with a rather F up death and that person was a female.
Old 2007-04-09, 13:16   Link #314
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Ep 7 was pretty quality. It's always nice to see Koukin being useful. Pretty sure I could have done without the 5 minutes of Mou-chan flashback, but otherwise, no complaints. Animation and art were back to their usual quality. It was nice to see Hakufu drawn and animated decently for I think the first time outside of the OP.

Cappery
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=45

Different set
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 13:32   Link #315
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
She does remind me of Ryoufu a bit and remember Ryoufu was playing on both sides till that the person she really cared about met with a rather F up death and that person was a female.
You've just reminded me how much i hate how the first season changed the story for Ryofu & Chinkyuu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Ep 7 was pretty quality. It's always nice to see Koukin being useful. Pretty sure I could have done without the 5 minutes of Mou-chan flashback, but otherwise, no complaints. Animation and art were back to their usual quality. It was nice to see Hakufu drawn and animated decently for I think the first time outside of the OP.
Yeah, episode 07 was a nice looking one --- its a shame all the episodes can't be this good looking. Gaku power!
Old 2007-04-09, 15:44   Link #316
X_Danny_X

i dont see any evidence of her being a closet lesbian. this girl just a warrior and is out there to protect her friends and willing to die in the process.

Spoiler:
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:16   Link #317
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
i dont see any evidence of her being a closet lesbian. this girl just a warrior and is out there to protect her friends and willing to die in the process.

Spoiler:
I don't know where you got that translation form but it wasn't 2 guys about to kiss it Guan Yu drinking blood form the head of a enemy general he had just kill.
Old 2007-04-09, 18:09   Link #318
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You've just reminded me how much i hate how the first season changed the story for Ryofu & Chinkyuu.
That also pissed me off especially since i was a huge Ryofu fan, i guess the anime was going for something more traumatic opps im sorry dramatic. Lets D.D. keeps it up so far i have not been disappointed
Old 2007-04-09, 20:02   Link #319
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I don't know where you got that translation form but it wasn't 2 guys about to kiss it Guan Yu drinking blood form the head of a enemy general he had just kill.
i said it seem they were about to kiss, not that they were going too. i thought he was going to kiss the head to get the blood. after that scene and when the kissing was over she received some new life and defeated the monk. i have all the raw chapters in my computer

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2007-04-10 at 07:42.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 20:34   Link #320
uraznbuddy

i enjoy this series but the one i watch is censor so everything gets lame. so does anyone noe where i can watch it uncensor.
uraznbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote