AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2021-10-03, 15:01   Link #541
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The only people who would reject "more content" are the kind of people who think the company is being generous by making the game f2p, not realizing that they make more money by being f2p than if they weren't.
No one is going to reject more content. But as someone said earlier in this thread (?), it's impossible for any game company to make content faster than hardcore players can consume it. Should they release more content? Definitely. But there will always be a vocal majority that consumes it all in two days and wails "content drought!" until the next release.

*edit: correction, "vocal minority," not "majority."

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2021-10-03 at 17:45.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 15:57   Link #542
GDB

You ignore those types of people, obviously. But they aren't the only ones complaining/noticing the content drought.

Though if they are the vocal majority as you said (I assume you meant minority, but going to devil's advocate here), then it's mihoyo's duty to churn out more content ASAP because it'd mean the majority of the players are devoid of any content to do and are bored.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 17:18   Link #543
AnimeFangirl

Vocal minority, yes. Most people I know who still play Genshin don't have enough time to play what is currently out, much less clamor for more. Obviously "people I know" is not a valid source of information, but there's more out there than those complaining on Reddit or Twitter.

Based on the livestream of update 2.2 it doesn't look like Mihoyo plans to change its pattern of character events and mini-games any time soon.
Old 2021-10-03, 20:48   Link #544
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Even if they wanted to "churn out more content," there's a limit to how much content it's possible to push out in a single product at a time and have any sort of cohesiveness and keep schedules aligned. Some people insinuate that having "infinite money" allows you to make infinite features at immediate speed (because you just keep on paying more and more people until they add all the things to infinity), but there are absolute limits to that.

Still, I think the more "credible" feedback is about giving people more things to do in end-game (for those who don't want to play it in "bite-sized chunks" mobile game style). It's interesting that the new event this patch is a dungeon with random enemies that's sort of similar to what many have been proposing as an addition to permanent end-game. (I assume the dungeon itself isn't procedural yet, but it could be a logical extension.) Perhaps they are testing the waters to see what feedback they get.
Old 2021-10-04, 11:53   Link #545
Look43

IMO, the problem isn't a lack of content, but the content we already have isn't fun because it's underwhelming, and vice versa; artifact grinding feels unpolished, cause it takes a large amount of resources and time, and when you achieve it, you end going back to square one. I mean, unless you're lucky enough, people hardly have half of their roster "properly geared".

Spiral abyss could be more interesting if you had different teams available, but you end doing all the 12 floors with the same core units (xingqiu, bennett and Zhongli goes brrrr) just to get what? 3-4 pulls every 2 weeks? Sometimes I sincerely don't want more 4* units on the bench, and this amount of pulls hardly gets me closer to a 5* that will also end staying on the bench.

If any of these end game aspects were more "rewardful" people would certainly calm down. Cause as of now, you can't even have those "idle weeks" to amass resources for the next unit/content, much less grind artifacts for the illusional "perfect artifact" that'll never come because of RNG.
Look43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 14:42   Link #546
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look43 View Post
Sometimes I sincerely don't want more 4* units on the bench, and this amount of pulls hardly gets me closer to a 5* that will also end staying on the bench.
Not "sometimes" for me. I have way more characters than I can use. Mihoyo needs to make it easier for people to use different parties AND create content that rewards you for doing so (e.g. Hyakunin Ikki) or they will see their banner income drop rapidly.

They're trying to do something like that with the new corrosion mechanic, but I ignore Spiral Abyss so I don't know how successful it has been in shaking things up.
Old 2021-10-11, 05:33   Link #547
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

New drip marketing. Itto and Gorou for 2.3. It'll be like 1.5 with a rerun and a new character. If rumors are that it's Albedo, then 2.3 is a Geo patch. Yae won't be until next year then. More time to save, or maybe attempt to get Staff of Homa(it's most definitely the weapon banner during Hu Tao's rerun banner).
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-11, 07:52   Link #548
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm debating if I'll actually try and get C1 Hu Tao, or just get Homa.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-11, 12:57   Link #549
AnimeFangirl

I don't need more characters, only more islands.
Old 2021-11-02, 08:27   Link #550
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I spent all my saved up Primos today as someone who just uses spends on the daily primo and battlepass bonus. Scored a C1 Hu Tao, Staff of Homa for her, and an Aquila Favonia for maybe Keqing. All in 140 pulls. Not bad.

Also because of that I'll be saving everything for a Ganyu rerun lol.
Old 2021-11-02, 09:10   Link #551
Marina2

Spent Primogem on Character Banner (from pity at 8/90) won 50/50, got Hu Tao + Thoma in 20 pulls

Then spent Primogem on Weapon banner (for the first time ever!) and won 50/50, got Staff of Homa within 30 pulls

I still can't believe I managed to get all of those in just 50 pulls. My most lucky day ever.
Old 2021-11-02, 10:28   Link #552
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Spent Primogem on Character Banner (from pity at 8/90) won 50/50, got Hu Tao + Thoma in 20 pulls

Then spent Primogem on Weapon banner (for the first time ever!) and won 50/50, got Staff of Homa within 30 pulls

I still can't believe I managed to get all of those in just 50 pulls. My most lucky day ever.
Old 2021-11-02, 13:58   Link #553
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Also spent most of my primos today. I was at 50/90 pity with Hu Tao as the guaranteed character. Got her in 28 pulls, with C3 Thoma and C1 Sayu along the way.

Tried my luck in the weapon banner, because I still didn't have a Sacrifical Sword. Got 3 of them, a Mooun's bow and a Rainslasher...and Staff of Homa.
That was pretty lucky, so I stopped there...and still have 6k primos left.

...now I just need Mora to level Hu Tao and the staff
Old 2021-11-02, 14:49   Link #554
Marina2

Ah.......look like in order to use Homa Staff on Hu Tao, I need to farm some new artifact with Crit rate sub status since my Hu Tao has been using Deathmatch. When I switch from Deathmatch to Homa, her crit rate drop from ~75% to ~35%. I totally forget about it.

So, Zhongli, I guess Homa staff is yours for now.

C1 Hu Tao unlimited charged attack spam is pretty fun, BTW.
Old 2021-11-02, 15:32   Link #555
AnimeFangirl

Did a 10-pull and got Sayu, just who I wanted. No time to raise her for now, but I'm happy to have her.
Old 2021-11-02, 19:28   Link #556
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Thoma in 2 pulls. Got Elegy and Aquila in 20 pulls in the same multi. I said to myself I'd stop when I get a 5 star weapon but since I got 2, might as well go for the guarantee. Took me 70 pulls to get Homa. As much as I want C1 Hu Tao, Yae and maybe Shenhe are on the horizon.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-08, 06:01   Link #557
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Indeed, C1 Hu Tao is very tempting. But with new characters approaching, one can't help but save primos in case their playstyle is interesting.

I imagine Yae Miko may be a catalyst user, and considering her...umm, playful/teasing nature? She may have a taunting skill like Mona and Ganyu's.

This is all speculation so, who knows
Old 2021-11-08, 11:50   Link #558
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You get approximately 60-70 rolls each patch if you clear abyss with 36*, and around 80-90 if you buy the welkin and BP.
Itto will be the only new 5* for 2.3. So you should be fine provided you do have some primogems left and/or glitters. However, that means you have to risk the coin flip if Miko happens to be the first banner of 2.4.

Tao's C1 is somewhat worth it if she is your main dps because the extra comfort of not spending Stamina during her CA also increases greatly her survivability since you will have some stamina left after her rotation. C0 will force you to jump cancel which is clunky and can lead to unfortunate accident. But if you can deal with that caveat, that's a whole extra pity for you. So it depends on how much you value comfy rotation.

Honestly, I would say it is a bit too steep and she might be phased out or made worse if MHY implement more shield piercing/dot monsters. I personally stopped using her since 1.5 unless there is very specific targets that need pyro burst such as the cryo cube in Abyss.
Old 2021-11-10, 16:46   Link #559
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Has anyone else gotten a double 5-Star in a 10 pull yet?

I just did a regular pull a few minutes ago, and I managed to get Qiqi and Jean in the same roll.
Old 2021-11-10, 19:17   Link #560
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Has anyone else gotten a double 5-Star in a 10 pull yet?

I just did a regular pull a few minutes ago, and I managed to get Qiqi and Jean in the same roll.
Not exactly within a single 10 pull, but I got Shogun and Kokomi within 10 pulls of each other while I was raising a bit of pity for future use and got her instead.

Tags
gacha game, genshin impact