AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-12-26, 21:31   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1103 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Season's greetings, folks! We have ourselves a little holiday gift in the form of a super early spoiler leak! What awaits us in the last chapter of the year? Let's find out! Credit goes to AP's Redon and pewpiece for the initial info:

-Chapter title is "I'm sorry, dad". Splash is a color page celebrating the new year (which appropriately enough features Momo, since 2024 will be the year of the dragon!).

-Still in the flashback, Bonney apologizes to Vegapunk after having witnessed her father's memories. The scientist then gives her her father's birthday gift that he held onto.... a sun-shaped necklace made of sapphire! We then return to the present, where Bonney is still in Saturn's grasp. She fights back, using her Nika-style Distorted Future technique on him, but it proves ineffective! Saturn theorizes it's because she doesn't know enough about the "true" Nika, so she's only capable of replicating the rubber power....

-Curiously, despite everyone being immobilized by Saturn's power, Luffy was somehow able to get some food! Unfortunately, the old man notices, and orders to have him restrained with sea stone. He then reveals to Bonney.... HE was the reason she obtained her Devil Fruit power! As a scientist, he conducted experiments of his own where he "fed" people the fruits in the form of medicine! He gave this DF medicine to Ginny, but she caught the sapphire scale illness as a side effect. However, unbeknownst to him at the time, Ginny ended up passing down the power (and its illness) to her daughter. Saturn then proceeds to explain how the Toshi Toshi power works: The power can allow the user to transform into any future they can imagine. However, the more knowledge the user gains about the truth behind that future, the more limited their power becomes. What's more, in her despair, Bonney starts to doubt Nika's existence, which causes her power to weaken even further! She then apologizes to her father as Saturn prepares to finish her off.....

-....When suddenly, a huge disturbance is seen in the distance, and quickly makes its way to the battlefield! It's none other than Kuma, who obliterates all marines in his way as he reaches his daughter! And indeed, he arrives just in time to block Saturn's attack! The chapter ends with him aiming a fist filled with his rage at the elder....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-12-27 at 12:12.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 22:04   Link #2
Gerard07

Thanks for the spoilers! I wonder when Saturn experimented with Bonney, would it have been after she was captured by Akainu?, and Kuma went into combat, but why did he go to EggHeart?, would Vegapunk have programmed him for that or even Does he have humanity left or something like that?, let's wait for more spoilers!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 01:55   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Thanks for the spoilers! I wonder when Saturn experimented with Bonney, would it have been after she was captured by Akainu?, and Kuma went into combat, but why did he go to EggHeart?, would Vegapunk have programmed him for that or even Does he have humanity left or something like that?, let's wait for more spoilers!.
Kuma's decision to go to the Egghead is obvious. He'll do whatever it takes to protect his precious daughter. The instinct to protect his own daughter, it's similar to when Rouge is enduring the pregnancy for years only to ensure Ace is born safely into this world.

Last edited by Ramero; 2023-12-27 at 09:11.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 11:19   Link #4
Homura7

Just when you thought Saturn couldn't get any worse...

It's like this scumbag made his personal goal to torture Kuma both physically and mentally just because of what he said about being like Nika.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 12:19   Link #5
marvelB

Summary updated! Man, that Saturn is one disgusting bastard. Now I'm seriously starting to wonder if the theories of him (or one of the other elders/Imu) being Bonney's biological father are true....

Anyway, Bonney's DF definitely sounds hella OP. I guess she just needs to see G5 Luffy in action and she'll be able to copy it perfectly, then. But then again, maybe it'll still have limits on it (like staying transformed for too long will strain her body, or something like that). Gotta wait and see. Now, to cross my fingers and hope Kuma doesn't bite it for good next chapter.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 12:45   Link #6
grecefar

that fist to saturn will be satisfying, just like the one of luffy to the tenryuybito.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 13:07   Link #7
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, Saturn confirmed that he is the culprit of Ginny's illness but I didn't quite understand the part in which he gave his ability to Bonney, she had her ability since she was a baby?, and Kuma arrived to save Bonney from Saturn I hope I get to hit him (it seems like he's using haki, right?) since that old man deserves that and much more, let's wait for the next chapter!.
Old 2023-12-27, 13:47   Link #8
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

Holy, Kuma coming has definitely got my attention. Here's hoping it won't actually turn out to be a regular pacifista.

Okay going by the logic of how Bonney's DF works. Combine this fruit with jango's hypnotsim and you got yourself a haxed power.
Old 2023-12-27, 15:57   Link #9
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
that fist to saturn will be satisfying, just like the one of luffy to the tenryuybito.
Something tells me it'll be made even more satisfying than it sounds, aside from Luffy inspiring that moment in him two years prior ("Just like Nika" indeed!). Even better, it'll be even more cathartic if that "erase his memory" thing turns out to only last for so long, like with the revelations about the Rite of Tranquility in Dragon Age Inquisition.

Then again, that's just me being hopeful. After all, it's likely Kuma is dead and gone for good regardless of what happens but it'll still be very satisfying (and ironic) that Saturn gets the stuffing pounded out of him by the same Buccaneer whose life he's utterly ruined and ordered (threatened) to be converted into a mindless killing machine.
At least he still ensured Bonney and Luffy have made it this far.

And don't forget about that Iron Giant. The one that attacked Marijose 200 years ago.
It activated again back around when Luffy went Gear Five.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 16:35   Link #10
Hoodspirit

The translation seems pretty rough and at some points plain wrong.
Best to wait for the official translation on this one, unless other scanlators publish their version.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 17:41   Link #11
The Small One

I'm mostly interessted in Saturn's DF power (if it even is a DF and not something similar), since it looks like is able to immobilize anyone around him and even nullify the powers of other DF users. Sounds a lot like the gravity power that Blackbeard has.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 17:54   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bonney eating a DF even though she never left the church was very suspicious, the explanation given makes a lot of sense. Saturn really is responsible for all of her suffering, but there is little doubt in my mind the power he's granted her will prove to be his undoing. I'm fully expecting a double Nika finish.

Surprised no one talked about it but Kizaru expressed concern for Sentomaru and Bonney, and food mysteriously appeared right next to Luffy before anyone could notice... sounds like something a man who can move at the speed of light can do.
Old 2023-12-27, 20:38   Link #13
Gerard07

I know that many of us expected Kuma to punch Saturn, but something tells me that the old man blocked it or dodged it or something, since otherwise Oda would have ended the chapter showing the punch (although the truth is it would be nice if I was wrong and Kuma hit the old man).
Regarding the food Luffy is eating, I also thought that maybe it was Kizaru but; would that Admiral really help the other side?, it is true that he shows concern for Bonney and Sentomaru but... I have my doubts.
Old 2023-12-27, 22:57   Link #14
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
I know that many of us expected Kuma to punch Saturn, but something tells me that the old man blocked it or dodged it or something, since otherwise Oda would have ended the chapter showing the punch (although the truth is it would be nice if I was wrong and Kuma hit the old man).
Regarding the food Luffy is eating, I also thought that maybe it was Kizaru but; would that Admiral really help the other side?, it is true that he shows concern for Bonney and Sentomaru but... I have my doubts.
Sometimes truth is more painful than a lie. Kizaru could lend a land, but in a secret way. But, do we even consider that Caribou could be snooping around? We haven't seen Caribou ever since the group went separated and later reunited at Egghead.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-01, 04:27   Link #15
Kaz_

Words cannot express how badly I want this Saturn as**hole to get pummeled down by Nikaluffy to death with all his dreams and world crumbling around him, dude makes Celestial Dragons look like the better villains. Wouldnt even mind his secrets dying here with him at this stage, even somehow managed to make Kizaru doubt himself. Just make Kuma witness the scene before he completely perishes.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-03, 15:02   Link #16
Rainbowman

Kuma about to land his punch on Saturn somehow feels as epic as Super Sonic landing the final blow to Dark Gaia in Sonic Unleashed. Love the covers that symbolizes the year of the Dragon.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 08:34   Link #17
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I feel bad that I used to think Vegapunk is the mad scientist. He is.. but he is not immoral one. Saturn is the worst scientist in One Piece universe.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-10, 04:23   Link #18
patnam

no new chapter this week?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-10, 07:24   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
no new chapter this week?
No. 103 was officially released last Friday, and there is another break after that so next chapter is next week. Spoilers on Monday or Tuesday, most likely.
Old 2024-01-14, 00:03   Link #20
electricmastro

Hmm, I thought Bonney would be happier in reuniting with her daddy.
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote