Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-23, 20:41   Link #1021
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Fern being so possessive of Frieren was cute.
That micro-pout (at 15:14) was hilarious.

I also thought Frieren's happy expression when Fern said "I may be able to kill Miss Frieren" was so like her.
Old 2024-02-23, 20:42   Link #1022
GDB

Quote:
Fern being so possessive of Frieren was cute. And as expected of someone who's been close to her for more than a decade (it's only hitting me as I type this that Frieren's been with Fern longer than with Himmel), Fern knows best what her master's weakness is.
That reminds me, but I'm glad they kept the little side note of Frieren saying she smelled nice. I appreciate when little side text like that gets kept in anime form.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 22:16   Link #1023
Shadow5YA

Methode was absolutely copping a feel.
Direct contactt is one thing, but I highly doubt she needed a full hug for her restraining magic to work.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-02-24 at 00:48.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 22:22   Link #1024
Decel

What impressed me this episode is how diverse the adversarial setups were. It wasn't just mindless fighting in different styles.

Ubel really shined at how strategic she was giving the bottle to pull Land, and the fighting itself was nicely detailed, not some whirlwindy blurr many shonen fights would do.

And Fern being jealous of Methode

Having just watched Dungeon Meshi, I do wonder how dungeons are made in this world, especially with Edel mentioning that most of them have been cleared.

And we saw water down there, so Kanne isn't totally weaponless.
Old 2024-02-23, 22:36   Link #1025
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ooh little bit glimpse on how powerful Sense actually is.

Ubel and Land are like these kind of dumb couple where they ended up married, having child, growing old together and when they are on deathbed, Land will ask "so have you learned things about me?" and Ubel will answer "yes.. just little bit more"

Fern is actually so cold when she said she is going to kill her teacher lol
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 23:11   Link #1026
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze Fern. That phrasing is kind of cold!

Although I get her logic. Frieren did say she was faster and that's why she likes to let Fern handle combat. So in that sense she should be able to attack faster than the fake Frieren. Plus having the actual Frieren with them should make things plenty reasonable. I suppose they should treat the situation with seriousness. But they've got the pieces to clear this.

I like that Frieren is just having a good time . Even a situation like this probably feels a bit nostalgic. A powerful threat that's keeping them from reaching the goal of the dungeon? A worthy challenge!

While the Ubel and Land thing has cute elements, I do get his unease at all times. Because she is extremely dangerous and honestly letting her gain clone magic has all sorts of risks to it. Of course that side of him is why she was able to score a win. Because he is the type that doesn't want others hurt via his fault he can't let her gain his magic. But that did allow her to realize that the real him would step in if she was going to lose against her double.

Bad luck for Edel. I kind of feel for her having to drop out. Seems pretty rational and examined that situation extremely well. It was just a really bad matchup. Not a big combat type and the copy couldn't be influenced by her hypnosis.
Old 2024-02-24, 07:03   Link #1027
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

Edel commands the clone Sense to kneel. The clone tells her to sit down by stab to the chest (lol). I think the clone was actually still playing nice, since it could have stabbed her in the head (death) instead of the chest.

Methode hug Frieren to test weakness of the elf. Frieren hugs back, and say Methode smells nice. Hmm, I noticed Fern made a grumpy face when Frieren hugged back. ^^

and Wierbel's party got involved in a projectile spam. It looks like a gun fight, with people shooting and then going for some cover. xD

looking forward to next week! Noo... only a few episodes left. This anime is so good. Hopeful that season 2 is already planned!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 07:38   Link #1028
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 8:

looking forward to next week! Noo... only a few episodes left. This anime is so good. Hopeful that season 2 is already planned!
Well it's the biggest commercial hit of the year, so it's only a question of timing. After this season the anime will have used just over half the manga material so I imagine they'll wait for a little bit so as not to completely blow through it too quickly. Late 2025 or early 2026 premiere maybe.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 08:34   Link #1029
kari-no-sugata II

The current season will probably end on chapter 60. There's 125 chapters currently.

If it was up to me, I'd suggest doing chapters 61-107 as a 22-24 episode second season, with the arc immediately afterwards as a movie...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 10:51   Link #1030
velvet nightmare

I'm a bit confused why the clone frieren fight is so complicated for the group.

It's literally Solo Frieren vs. Frieren + numerous other quality mages.

They should literally be able to stomp this fight.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 11:12   Link #1031
Greenish Growth

The translation for Methode said "Normally it should work, barring a large difference in mana"

So she didn't notice that Frieren was suppressing her mana? Very few notice eh?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 11:14   Link #1032
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

All that guarantees is that Frieren will win, not the others. What happens to the ones who would get beaten in the fight?

They all want to pass, not become sacrifices.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-02-24 at 15:29.
Old 2024-02-24, 11:34   Link #1033
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

Because this isn't a video game where you respawn if you die?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 11:39   Link #1034
ChronoReverse

Yeah, they want to win with no casualties.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 18:35   Link #1035
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well it's the biggest commercial hit of the year
Considering Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 aired in the same season, I highly doubt that...
Old 2024-02-24, 19:22   Link #1036
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
The translation for Methode said "Normally it should work, barring a large difference in mana"

So she didn't notice that Frieren was suppressing her mana? Very few notice eh?
Considering she's trained a thousand years to suppress her mana, only the most skilled of mages would notice. It's actually pretty funny they all think of her as a monster when they have no idea how large her mana pool actually is.
Old 2024-02-24, 20:31   Link #1037
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Considering Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 aired in the same season, I highly doubt that...
Well, that's an existing franchise so kind of another category. That's like comparing either of them to One Piece.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 21:08   Link #1038
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
It's actually pretty funny they all think of her as a monster when they have no idea how large her mana pool actually is.
They know she solved Serie's unbreakable Barrier spell in the first test and she did that at the same time she figured out how to capture a Stille bird by suppressing her mana and then she fought Denken in an all-out mage battle and beat him. Bakemono.
Old 2024-02-24, 23:22   Link #1039
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In terms of the group being hesitant I'm not surprised. It's not a question of winning or losing. With Frieren plus others they can almost certainly get some kind of win here. But no one wants to die or be forced to drop out for that. And Frieren has lost to people "weaker" than herself. So even with numbers there's always the chance something goes wrong. Better to plan things out and go in with as good an approach as possible.

Best part is that Frieren really is having a great time. One of those "this is why dungeon conquering is so fun" kind of reactions coming from her. I fully expect at least one flashback to Himmel's party planning out their tactics against an equally troublesome dungeon boss .
Old 2024-02-24, 23:41   Link #1040
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Methode was absolutely copping a feel.
Direct contactt is one thing, but I highly doubt she needed a full hug for her restraining magic to work.
It's not like Frieren didn't get anything out of it too .

Tags
adventure, fantasy