Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-28, 15:33   Link #141
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
I like watching anime on my TV too, all i needed was a 52" widescreen Mid-HD (only 720p) with a DVI plug in the back, an extention cable from my pc to the back of it, and voila, i can now watch anime in good quality and get a next gen console.

Old 2006-11-28, 16:59   Link #142
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Personally i don't suggest people to buy the Playstation 3 now but until a year later, or a better estimation, summer. The reason why i say this is because the playstation has many bugs and errors in the machine to begin with. take the Playstation 2 for example. I guess it takes time for Sony to perfect the machine and correct all it's errors. As soon as the Playstation 3 was released, a patch was released right after. so i suggest people to be a little patient and buy it later
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 17:25   Link #143
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
I like watching anime on my TV too, all i needed was a 52" widescreen Mid-HD (only 720p) with a DVI plug in the back, an extention cable from my pc to the back of it, and voila, i can now watch anime in good quality and get a next gen console.

Forgot about that. Yes if I had a HDTV I would probably pick one with DVI (or even VGA) input and then a PC would be a good alternative for me. But alas I still have a SD TV and neither the money nor the space to put a HDTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Personally i don't suggest people to buy the Playstation 3 now but until a year later, or a better estimation, summer. The reason why i say this is because the playstation has many bugs and errors in the machine to begin with. take the Playstation 2 for example. I guess it takes time for Sony to perfect the machine and correct all it's errors. As soon as the Playstation 3 was released, a patch was released right after. so i suggest people to be a little patient and buy it later
Certainly, certainly. "Revision A" models are pretty bad from a lot of companies, and Sony is certainly one of them. Fortunately they like to fix these issues often, which is why there's like 15+ different models of PS2s for example...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 17:36   Link #144
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Talking about Gundam, i saw the footage of the SCAD SD Gundam game, coming out for the wii.

looks interesting.

I hope they bring that out over here.

As for the Gundam on the PS3, i heard it's a disappointment.

Then again, compared to AC series, they are all rather disappointing.
the Nintendo one is an exception, becauses its SD.

How can i not like the cute-widdle SD versions?

I still play the old Gundam Battle Assualt 2 . . . . I like that one the most out of all the gundam games
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 18:32   Link #145
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Certainly, certainly. "Revision A" models are pretty bad from a lot of companies, and Sony is certainly one of them. Fortunately they like to fix these issues often, which is why there's like 15+ different models of PS2s for example...
i know, but i don't know why people are so desperately trying to buy it. haha during last week i've seen prices drop up and down on amazon and ebay. from a thousand dropped to 600. haha. but if you go to asia it should be much cheaper and you can modify your ps3 to play both asian and american games but not yet because the ps3 is still too advance :P

GHDpro, you getting one soon?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 20:41   Link #146
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Well, keep in mind that the PS3 is online-enabled.
So unless there are any major hardware defects, which would be absolutely devastating to the PS3 launch, don't expect to be seeing the number of manufacturing-lvel updates to the PS3 as we did with the PS2.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 21:41   Link #147
Liquidus
╞╩╗

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQOr-vNDsg
Bluetooth mouse USB keyboard. PS3 controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Ecr8tWetI
Windows runs slow because it's emulated, but people do it just for fun.

~I wonder if videoLAN works on it, since there is a Fedora Core version of it.
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 03:08   Link #148
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
i know, but i don't know why people are so desperately trying to buy it. haha during last week i've seen prices drop up and down on amazon and ebay. from a thousand dropped to 600. haha. but if you go to asia it should be much cheaper and you can modify your ps3 to play both asian and american games but not yet because the ps3 is still too advance :P

GHDpro, you getting one soon?
Probably not. I'm not keen on eBay-ing one, so it'll probably be summer 2007 at the earliest that I'll be able to buy one normally. Probably later. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 shortage remains until after Christmas 2007. Though that may be a bit to pessimistic look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
~I wonder if videoLAN works on it, since there is a Fedora Core version of it.
I suppose it probably would, except that Fedora isn't very optimized for the PS3. Yellow Dog Linux is. For example I heard Fedora doesn't have support for the PS3's sound hardware, which is kind of a critical feature.
Old 2006-11-29, 03:16   Link #149
Lebron
I hear voices

When White Knight Story hits, that will be the day I run out and buy a PS3 for my own, instead of just freeloading off roommates:P
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 10:30   Link #150
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
When White Knight Story hits, that will be the day I run out and buy a PS3 for my own, instead of just freeloading off roommates:P
What's so special about that RPG? It looked very average to me.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 13:52   Link #151
Lebron
I hear voices

iono I just love Level 5. Anything they make is a system seller for me
Old 2006-11-29, 15:47   Link #152
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Except I don't think you can find a $600 PC that can do the same things the PS3 can
Remember, you said "do", not "have the power".
Quote:
3+ Ghz multi-core CPU
You don't need all that power. Especially not multi-core. That's just a fad.
Quote:
256 Mb RAM clocked at CPU speed
At CPU speed? I doubt that. You can get more RAM on the PC for cheap, too.
Quote:
60 Gb HD (higher end model)
Hardly impressive or expensive.
Quote:
built-in wireless and bluetooth
Which you don't need in the first place as a wire is enough and faster.
Quote:
Blu Ray drive
For what? There are hardly (if any) movies out there on Blu-Ray, and you would need a PC (ding-ding!) to burn one so that you can use its storage potential.
Quote:
all kinds of TV out including HDMI, Component and RGB
Why waste money on a HD TV when CRT monitors are cheap and already HD?
Quote:
Also I think a lot of people either don't have their PC close to their PC or don't want to place their PC close to the TV because of size and styling issues.
Unless you get the latest high-end model, your PC itself isn't going to be big, so you can just put it near the TV/monitor, which you already have space for.
Quote:
I have in the past contemplated getting a modded Xbox, but these days the P3 733 Mhz in a Xbox just doesn't cut it for a lot of files out there.
I doubt that. You also contradict yourself in terms of space since the XBox is as 'huge' as a PC.
Quote:
What I might need to wait on is proper software support: the Cell processor isn't easy to program for, so getting media player software that runs smoothly on it might take some time.
While you can get all of that on a PC NOW, with more stability as it has been used and tested longer.

Also, while you are waiting, more powerful PC components are only getting cheaper. I don't see the PS3 getting more powerful as months go by.
Quote:
I guess it takes time for Sony to perfect the machine and correct all it's errors.
Nah, they just release the beta version. :P
Old 2006-11-29, 16:55   Link #153
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Which you don't need in the first place as a wire is enough and faster.
Umm...this is a big deal for those of us that can't put our routers in the same room as our consoles. I had to shell out 100 dollars for the 360 attachment. That leaves a $100 difference, which is more than made back with the blu-ray drive, considering the fact that m-soft is selling the HD attachment for 200.

ONCE Sony gets its act in gear and get a few updates out, the PS3 WILL be quite the console to own. But for now, I don't even know why kids are excited to get them for Christmas.
Old 2006-11-29, 17:37   Link #154
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Why waste money on a HD TV when CRT monitors are cheap and already HD?
Er... I think I said I wanted to watch anime on my TV. That's not just because my TV has a larger display, but also because of convinience: it's simply more comfortable to watch anything from my bed (that's in front of my TV) than it is from behind my desk.

Quote:
I doubt that. You also contradict yourself in terms of space since the XBox is as 'huge' as a PC.
Not true. Xbox is big, but my current PC is at least 2-3 times larger by volume. Arguably the PS3 ain't small either.

Quote:
While you can get all of that on a PC NOW, with more stability as it has been used and tested longer.
I can NOT connect my PC to my TV NOW, as there is no way to connect it and get proper quality picture. If I would have had a HDTV with DVI or VGA, then using a PC might have been an option.

Arguable another factor for the PS3 is simply the gadget factor: sure, you can do lots of things you can do on the PC too and probably better, but it's more fun to get the PS3 to do the same

Anyway... as I already mentioned I'm not going to pay inflated prices and probably going to skip the first model, so I won't be getting one soon unfortunately.
Old 2006-11-29, 18:35   Link #155
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
I suppose it probably would, except that Fedora isn't very optimized for the PS3. Yellow Dog Linux is. For example I heard Fedora doesn't have support for the PS3's sound hardware, which is kind of a critical feature.
Yes, but no guest OS (neither Fedora, Yellow Dog nor upcoming distros)
will have hardware acceleration support from the RSX, which is a shame.
I reckon it was deceided, to prevent the running of some emulator such as pcsx2.

So not really usefull at all, i would say,
since the ps3 os already has a web browser, multimedia player aso.
It would have been more usefull if hardware accelerated Opengl was/is available under linux.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 19:29   Link #156
gameoffreak8

I'll might getting PS3 on March or FF XIII and MSG 4 release around Fall 2007 because I don't have interest on recent games.
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 00:24   Link #157
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoffreak8 View Post
I'll might getting PS3 on March or FF XIII and MSG 4 release around Fall 2007 because I don't have interest on recent games.
FF13 is an 2008 release most likely, since they were about 12% compelete around TGS '06. But yea, I can't wait to play it either. Lost Odyssey and FF13 will make me a happy camper
Old 2006-11-30, 14:43   Link #158
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Er... I think I said I wanted to watch anime on my TV. That's not just because my TV has a larger display, but also because of convinience: it's simply more comfortable to watch anything from my bed (that's in front of my TV) than it is from behind my desk.
Obviously I was implying to replace the TV by the CRT monitor.
Quote:
I can NOT connect my PC to my TV NOW, as there is no way to connect it and get proper quality picture.
Replacing your TV by the CRT monitor makes this a moot point.
Quote:
Arguable another factor for the PS3 is simply the gadget factor: sure, you can do lots of things you can do on the PC too and probably better, but it's more fun to get the PS3 to do the same
Which I think is pretty stupid. It's only more fun because it used to be forbidden territory. Pssh, humans...
Old 2006-11-30, 18:12   Link #159
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I'd say the draw of HDTV versus a PC monitor is obvious. Size, pure and simple.
Old 2006-11-30, 18:21   Link #160
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Obviously I was implying to replace the TV by the CRT monitor.

Replacing your TV by the CRT monitor makes this a moot point.
I'm sorry... but I can't recall any place selling 27" widescreen CRT monitors lately...
So why would I downgrade to a smaller size screen?

Tags
console, ps3, sony