AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-27, 15:45   Link #101
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

As i have stated before, in this game of "chess" with Akatsuki, their final victory will be the capture of Naruto, thus relates Naruto to the king piece.

I like how they compared shika to a knight, a knight is hard to predict because of its different moving style. That piece can easily turn the game for you, if used intelligently. Of course you can't make a general statement about pieces relating for everyone. For instance, what was Asuma supposed to be? A pawn? In that sense they are the weakest, and that certainly doesnt apply to him. In the sense he was a sacrfice however, it does.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 15:45   Link #102
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolifik View Post
But isn't the king what everyone is trying to protect? Wouldn't that be Naruto when everyone figures out the truth about him?
Actually what everyone is trying to protect/get at is the kyuubi inside naruto. If naruto had someone to bring him back to life like garra, AND he had the kyuubi extracted, then I doubt anyone will be hunting him down anymore. Even the hokage (naruto's goal) wouldn't be the king cuz he is made to be the ultimate defense piece (horse) up to the point of sacrafice for the village. The only things that tie naruto into a shogi piece is his power focused, chakra splouging, most powerful wind chakra combat style. In that respect he would be more like a gold general, or a lance (like rock lee's linear style).

So basically naruto would only fit the criteria of 'king' if he were to be the last jinkuri remaining.
Old 2006-11-27, 15:53   Link #103
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

So far he very well may be. After all, akatsuki has 3 more biju to capture and we know biju can be in wild form as well as sealed in people. Essentially what are the odds that the remaining 2 biju are sealed in people? If all things are held equal there is 1/4 chance of that both are sealed, a 1/4 chance that neither is sealed, and a 1/2 chance that one is sealed and the other a free beast. That is if all things were random and equal.

But even that doesn't matter because most likely, the 9 tailed fox can trump all the others by itself. Its the most powerful. This would could very well make naruto the king. Still I think people take the analogy too far.

I'm more concerned with kakazu and what his traits are. After all, he (along with hidan) brought down a full 2 tailed demon cat and talked about it like they had a relatively easy time. I mean hidan wasn't all burned up and kakazu wasn't even out of breath...I mean think about it. When naruto fought gaara, at the end he looked like he'd been fighting for weeks. When sasuke fought naruto, at the end he looked like he'd been hit by a bus. These are examples where the 2 involved were relatively on the same level. And then you have the oro or jiraiya fights vs the 4 tailed naruto. My point is its not so easy to bring down these things and yet at the end of hidan/kakuzus fight - I'm reminded of what anko said when she saw gaara's team enter the tower during the chuunin exam- they were'nt even kinda dirty...

if he can harden his skin and become almost invincible, it'll be interesting to see how shikamaru will get past that. after all if you think about it, shika is more like a support character, a white mage for gamers. He supports and uses techniques to make the fight easier for his team. He really doesn't actually do the damage himself.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 17:43   Link #104
S_C_L-1

for the RPG class analogy, Shika would fit most as a bard. Sakura = white mage

Shogi is alot more interesting than i thought. i might have to get myself a board and try it out...

there is one thing that kind of caught my interest in the shogi explanation tho.

there are 9 ranks (each vertical position). Odd that there would be 9 bijuu as well. how deeply was shogi involved in the writing of Naruto?

and if the number of tales was related to the ranks in shogi, then what character would that make Naruto? we could think of the bijuu inside of him as a "promotion", in the sense that it makes him stronger. and thus the kind of piece that others would like to capture (do pieces retain their promotion after capture?)
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 20:07   Link #105
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
-Sakura yeah, but Shikamaru isn't much of a bard (after all he doesn't boost stats of others while singing). I say he's more of the Final Fantasy Tactics' class: the Calculator. The class itself isn't all that strong but their abilities to use the landscape/surrounding area to their advantage are top notch. On a side note: Naruto's a berserker and Sasuke-hime's a blue mage .
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:27   Link #106
Yondaime-The Fourth

They are definently revealing kakuzus abilities next chapter. they have to I mean all we've seen is extend-o arms and the ability to sew alot. maybe he can use chakara strings like chiyo-sama except a little different. he might be able to manipulate some kind of string and use it to wrap or entangle an opponent. He looks cool as hell I think. him and itachi are like the two most mischevious/cool members.
Yondaime-The Fourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:38   Link #107
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
HAHAHA How dare you call Shikamaru a BARD... But it might fit though. Its such a worthless class in regards to power, but ppl w/ patience and smarts use them to their advantage. I'd say shika is more like a Chemist, useful and deadly if used right (like in FFV oh yes baby!)

I hate the Job classes "Bard" and "Dancer" so weak... so weak...
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:44   Link #108
Yondaime-The Fourth

OMG. I just saw the Naruto Pic of height comparison. Pretty much when I was in 6th grade I was 4'9. now I am a in 11th grade and i am 5'6. sort of a coincidence. But anyways I think that Kakuzu will end up living and having to fight kakashi. Therefore this means the chidori will be unleashed! BUT WAIT! The chidori will probably not break his defense. therefore (ta-da) naruto hits him with the wind rasengan, shattering his defense and sending him to the otherworld along with cell and frieza.

the reason I think naruto will only kill Kakuzu IF he does is because the story has built up so high for one of the team ten to strike down that fool Hidan. If I were Shikamaru I would decapitate his head then smash it to a bloody pulp. HAh how ya gonna sew that together Kakuzu!
Old 2006-11-28, 01:51   Link #109
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-class uchiha View Post
HAHAHA How dare you call Shikamaru a BARD... But it might fit though. Its such a worthless class in regards to power, but ppl w/ patience and smarts use them to their advantage. I'd say shika is more like a Chemist, useful and deadly if used right (like in FFV oh yes baby!)

I hate the Job classes "Bard" and "Dancer" so weak... so weak...
all of their combat abilitys are buffs and debuffs. which is pretty much what he does.

on the point of them being weak in FF games, i totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime-The Fourth View Post
OMG. I just saw the Naruto Pic of height comparison. Pretty much when I was in 6th grade I was 4'9. now I am a in 11th grade and i am 5'6. sort of a coincidence.
not really. any 1 who is at least 5'6 would have been 4'9 at some point.

and 6th grade to 11th grade isnt 3 years. so it doesnt fit with the timeskip.
Old 2006-11-28, 01:53   Link #110
S_C_L-1

sht. meant to edit my post... not quote it.
Old 2006-11-28, 01:59   Link #111
Yondaime-The Fourth

well technically Naruto is like what 15-16? thats how old I am. I am about the same height as him. I always thought he was really short. Hmph. he caught up to me. I wonder how tall he'll end up being. but on to further news...I want to see kakuzu fight! I bet he's just like that one ninja from the sound four (five) that neji faught. That guys skin hardens in addition he used strings alot.
Old 2006-11-28, 02:19   Link #112
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
and if the number of tales was related to the ranks in shogi, then what character would that make Naruto? we could think of the bijuu inside of him as a "promotion", in the sense that it makes him stronger. and thus the kind of piece that others would like to capture (do pieces retain their promotion after capture?)
Pieces do NOT retain promotion after capture since that could make for an instant win seing as how you can pretty much place them where you want after you get them.

Also the promotion is a bit complicated. First you can only promote (or in somecases you have to promote) under the condition that you can move from the space you've been placed in. Because there is a rule that pieces cant move to where they cant move again.(or else you lose) And since the only way to reverse a promotion is capture, then the kyuubi wouldn't quite fit.
Again, it is my opinion that the shogi references only aply to the overall context of a character in the actual story. An example of this would be that Asuma was trying to NOT be a pawn and upgrade to a gold general, but he faild and got sacked. The other two ninja on the team were bigger pawns than Asuma, but they didn't get sacked (and I don't really see them upgrading either). Therefore if we want to speculate on which character is which shogi piece, (according to kishi's intent) then we have to do so in reference to plot and story signifigance.
Old 2006-11-28, 02:41   Link #113
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Pieces do NOT retain promotion after capture since that could make for an instant win seing as how you can pretty much place them where you want after you get them.

Also the promotion is a bit complicated. First you can only promote (or in somecases you have to promote) under the condition that you can move from the space you've been placed in. Because there is a rule that pieces cant move to where they cant move again.(or else you lose) And since the only way to reverse a promotion is capture, then the kyuubi wouldn't quite fit.
alright, there goes my theory

Quote:
The other two ninja on the team were bigger pawns than Asuma, but they didn't get sacked (and I don't really see them upgrading either).
throw-away characters like them arent even pawns, they are just there to fill a void. plot-tools.
Old 2006-11-28, 18:42   Link #114
Yondaime-The Fourth

I am thinking that possibly the leader might be related to asuma. I think its probably konohamarus father who was exiled from the village. Which might explain his sympathy witht he ways of konoha. On the other hand he might be some super-genius villian that has some sort of background with konoha. I think he is tied to knonha strongly somehow.
Old 2006-11-28, 22:01   Link #115
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Team 10 is about binding their opponent while Chouji does the damage.
Shika binds
Ino Takes over ppl and attacks with them
Chouji does the massive damage. He's also an artillery piece
Add Kakashi to the mix for damage as well.

In the end Team 7 will come to the rescue. Its so obvious.

Speaking of which, Jiraiya hasnt returned from his latest excursion. Konoha could really use him right about now. If he were to lead Team 10, they'd win for sure.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 01:14   Link #116
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime-The Fourth View Post
OMG. I just saw the Naruto Pic of height comparison. Pretty much when I was in 6th grade I was 4'9. now I am a in 11th grade and i am 5'6. sort of a coincidence. But anyways I think that Kakuzu will end up living and having to fight kakashi. Therefore this means the chidori will be unleashed! BUT WAIT! The chidori will probably not break his defense. therefore (ta-da) naruto hits him with the wind rasengan, shattering his defense and sending him to the otherworld along with cell and frieza.

the reason I think naruto will only kill Kakuzu IF he does is because the story has built up so high for one of the team ten to strike down that fool Hidan. If I were Shikamaru I would decapitate his head then smash it to a bloody pulp. HAh how ya gonna sew that together Kakuzu!

Lol... blasted to the next dimension, and yeh is very odvious that kakuzu had already found a way to evade the shadow bind, which will end with with a hostage situation not allowing Kakashi finish the deal, then ino taking over his body and with maybe ataksiki bak-up on its way most likely itachi, and then naruto shows up. and BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RASENGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 01:14   Link #117
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Team 10 is about binding their opponent while Chouji does the damage.
Shika binds
Ino Takes over ppl and attacks with them
Chouji does the massive damage. He's also an artillery piece
Add Kakashi to the mix for damage as well.

In the end Team 7 will come to the rescue. Its so obvious.

Speaking of which, Jiraiya hasnt returned from his latest excursion. Konoha could really use him right about now. If he were to lead Team 10, they'd win for sure.
then how do you suppose they kill hidan because last time asuma lopped of his head and he didn't seem to die. it's not as easy as you think and i don't think it's as obvious.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 01:17   Link #118
S_C_L-1

And if he had a plan to finish them off even without Kakashi, then I doubt he'd decide to substitute what ever he had in mind for a technique that can land one of Konoha's strongest into a hospital.

It just doesnt seem like the kind of decision Shika would make.
Old 2006-11-29, 03:55   Link #119
Negro_Naruto

I think this is the way the fight is gonna be:
- shika keeps kakuzu and hidan binded with his kunai
-Choji kills kakuzu
-Team 10 lets kakashi fight hidan cuz he has sharingan and that will help not get injured as we all know that hidan needs to draw blood from his opponent to perform his curse.
-kakashi sends hidan's head into another dimension
-shikamaru's happy.
-akatsuki sends backup:tobi + deidara
-naruto and sai show up.
- we see some cool fighting from tobi and sai.
-naruto fights deidara and goes:"This is for Gaara!!! Kazesengan!!!!
-deidara dies.
Negro_Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 04:54   Link #120
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Spoilers are out...

And 333 sounds very odd ^^'..
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote