AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-14, 13:07   Link #21
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Zek

-You know I've got to agree with you on that one. I don't think we've seen Shikamaru's plan fully unfold just yet. There's probably a very large explaination waiting for us once it is fully set in motion. My only concern is that uif the plan indeed works then they will not need Naruto as back-up. Then again this is a shonen manga where the main character always comes to the rescue....
Old 2006-12-14, 13:23   Link #22
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

5 hearts means five lives? Maybe not. One serious attack could take them all out at the same time. Though I'm a little questionable about his regenarative abilities... that might be the real reason why he'd be hard to kill...

The scanlation this week was crap! You can't see anything well.

I did find it interesting that ino said if she missed she couldn't return to her body or something. In the past, we've seen her miss with no consequence (ie sakura in chuunin exam, ino missed several times). Wonder whats going on there...

Also, now we know the mask destroyed was probably water. He used fire, lightning, earth, and wind at the same time. Seems like he was trying to go all out and use as many elements as he could, unless you're arguing that for some reason he was specifically holding back the water element...kinda dubious. 4 masks left, 4 elements used. Crunch the numbers... Does kakuzu have his own affinity, maybe, but it wouldn't matter. He'd most likely never use it.

Kakashi rocks...
Shika is cool...
Where is Naruto?...
Ino is as useless as ever...
What are sasuke and orochimaru doing right now?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 13:25   Link #23
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I am also saddened by that fact that Ino can offer no real contribution. I guess if she's a healer she could so something, but nothing at all exciting :\
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 13:32   Link #24
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
I did find it interesting that ino said if she missed she couldn't return to her body or something. In the past, we've seen her miss with no consequence (ie sakura in chuunin exam, ino missed several times). Wonder whats going on there...
When did she miss? IIRC the only time she actually used it was the time she caught Sakura.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 13:33   Link #25
yuchan

Regarding that ghosts fire jutsu, now thats a fire jutsu! We've seen tons of mediocre fire jutsus but that's one's the most impressive, well, next to Itachis black fire jutsu. And Shikamaru going toe to toe with an Akatsuki? While Hidan may be a knucklehead, no way could a lazy 15 year old chuunin compete with him in hand to hand combat could he? And when the hell is Ino gonna do something? This shows that Kisihi doesn't seem to know what the hell he wants to do with her regarding fighting skills.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 13:35   Link #26
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Zek

-True but it really is odd that she hasn't really contributed to anything other than finding the location of Hidan and Kakuzu. This is really odd considering she and Sakura made a wow to one another that neither will lose when it comes to their rivalry. If this is all that Ino has to offer after 2.5 years then she really is the most useless female in the Narutoverse...
Old 2006-12-14, 13:55   Link #27
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Zek

-True but it really is odd that she hasn't really contributed to anything other than finding the location of Hidan and Kakuzu. This is really odd considering she and Sakura made a wow to one another that neither will lose when it comes to their rivalry. If this is all that Ino has to offer after 2.5 years then she really is the most useless female in the Narutoverse...
I'm sure Shikamaru gave Ino a role in his plan, judging by the way she stayed in hiding throughout the first part of the fight. Her role probably fell apart when Kakuzu survived the attack, which is why she came out into the open.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 14:15   Link #28
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Actually to kill Kakuzu, you don't necessarily have to destroy the other three monster's hearts. One can still aim for Kakuzu's heart to defeat him, but the question is, is it possible for that to happen while evading the other monsters? Who knows.

And also note that Ino is the most important person on the team since she's the only healer on the team. If she dies or fails, the whole team fails. According to Tsunade, which I think she's just total BS. ^^
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 14:42   Link #29
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I wonder why Shikamaru wasn't promoted to Jounin during the timeskip?
The main point is now to show us how strong the former genins will get, so the chuunin -> jounin transition will be the main point of Naruto part 2. This will be the fight which makes Shika and possibly Ino and Chouji jounins. I was always thinking that to become a jounin is completely different process than becoming a chuunin, which means it's not some lame exam or competition, it's real ninja fights that lead to promotion. So most teams will have their big figths, which will lead to their leveling up and then promotions. Shikamaru has already leveled up, his actual fight is much better already then his last fight where he lost Asuma.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 14:49   Link #30
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
When did she miss? IIRC the only time she actually used it was the time she caught Sakura.
I seem to remember her missing a few times with it and then decided to use some cheap trick to finally capture sakura with it. I remember something about it moving in a straight line and thats how sakura was avoiding it, until that cheap trick, but it was so loooonnnngg ago....but she did miss like 3x with no ill effects....
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 15:06   Link #31
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate
I seem to remember her missing a few times with it and then decided to use some cheap trick to finally capture sakura with it. I remember something about it moving in a straight line and thats how sakura was avoiding it, until that cheap trick, but it was so loooonnnngg ago....but she did miss like 3x with no ill effects....
She never missed, she stood in a straight line from Sakura and said she was gonna use the ability but bluffed, then she used her strands of hair (recently cut from her head) and binded Sakura with it. Then she used her mind-control-jutsu.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 15:10   Link #32
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Whoa, didn´t expect Shikamaru to actally do something so aggressive as going in on close courters (spelling?) with Hidan. A bold move that paid off.

A good chapter but I guess all chapter without Naruto in them right now will feel a little more boring than they are no matter what happens.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 15:30   Link #33
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

I have a feeling that this battle is gonna make shikamaru even more Bamf than he already is on new nintendo naruto games. IMO not being able to use kagemane in taijutsu was the only thing stoping it from being an A rank jutsu. Now that he can, there's almost no practical way to avoid it. He's got it ranged, close, AND multi targeted!
Old 2006-12-14, 15:53   Link #34
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Oh yea. Now that we know that he's got 5 hearts (1 for body, and 4 for puppets) it would make more sense that the water mask was destroyed cuz he was doing earth jutsu with his own body (not with masks). And if he could do any element jutsu just cuz he had the masks in his body, then there would be no real reason to remove them so early in the fight(or at all really).

Also he has to put his own chakra thru the hearts of the other ninja to use their elemental affinity, so that means him drawing out the fight by himself would not be to friendly on his chakra reserves unless he gets 5 times the chakra for the 4 extra hearts. We also saw that his heart (maby the real one) was in his arm for an instant. This either means that it's there, OR that he can move it around (wich would suck for kakashi's jutsus).

Finally the last observation is that the longer this fight is drawn out the more likley it will be that shika's team is gonna be hurtting and losing. We've seen so far that the ninja who can last the longest are the ones who come out on top. Kakashi's out of chakra, and shikamaru's prolly reaching his limit as well. Only choji and ino vs 2 akasuki is not the best set up. This makes me think that naruto is gonna pop up with sakura and wipe the floor with the leftovers.
Old 2006-12-14, 15:58   Link #35
Oberon

Ok chapter, but I got major "Stay in the kitchen" vibes from that scene between Shikamaru and Ino. That scene could have been handled better IMO.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 16:08   Link #36
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

Cool chapter. So Shikamaru isn't afraid of Hidan, meaning all those comments about him fighting from a safe distance or in the shadows behind a bush can be put to rest. He'll come out and punch you just to have his shadow stick to yours. ^^

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 17:19   Link #37
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Looks like I was right. The guy with the hearts can take over other shinobis hearts. As an added bonus he can use their nature manipulation.

The question is: Can he use their jutsu's or just the manipulation. The manipulation would be better cus then he could use his own jutsus and not be limited by the dead shinobi's skills. Not to mention he wouldnt have to risk going after high level nins for the good jutsus. Any 'ol scrub will do.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 17:39   Link #38
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

@Rich
You're hearst isn't like the brain it can easly be replaced by another so if you destroy his heart he should be capable to substitute his for one of the mask's

@Kotengu
It's difrent to have 5 opponets, one with each element, than just one opponent with all 5, it's a lot harder to avoid attacks if they're comming at the same time and from difrent places !

@Souten no Seigyoku
The jutsos are determied by the mind and not heart it's the chakra proprities that are determined by the heart since it's it that produces you're chakra!
Uchiha_Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 18:01   Link #39
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Gaara View Post
@Rich
You're hearst isn't like the brain it can easly be replaced by another so if you destroy his heart he should be capable to substitute his for one of the mask's
I'm sorry, but as med student i take a bit of offense to this. This is a manga, its made up so yes in a fictional world i guess replacing body parts is easy, even brain implantations.

But your trying to make a real life comparsion please know that transplants of any kind are hard. Hard to get the parts, hard to put them in, hard to maintain them and on and on. Heart transplant is THE hardest of them all, so please do all future heart surgeons a favor and take that comment back.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 18:06   Link #40
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

Yeah but this is Narutoverse Kakuzo just made 4 masks come out of his body and be exactly the same I'm just saying that the Brain is the sourse of the mind and personality as the heart (in narutoverse) his a source of chakra and we can see Kakuzo car easly replace hearts (his words)
Uchiha_Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote