AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-09-23, 06:59   Link #21
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

For anyone has trouble with nicovideo
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...42154157428946

There are Gundam 00 OP, SRW Scramble Commander 2 PV and OGs Gaiden PV, too.

@Kaioshin_Sama: I have one off-topic question that I want to ask you
"Who is the girl in your signature?"
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 11:44   Link #22
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

wow...The 00 OP is pretty bad...It actually looks like a fan made AMV..
Seems like they didn't spend much time on it...
Old 2007-09-23, 12:47   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
For anyone has trouble with nicovideo
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...42154157428946

There are Gundam 00 OP, SRW Scramble Commander 2 PV and OGs Gaiden PV, too.

@Kaioshin_Sama: I have one off-topic question that I want to ask you
"Who is the girl in your signature?"
I don't know, just some crazy girl image I found on Akibakko. I chose it as a reminder to how you don't want to screw with a loli these days. They'll do horrible things to you.....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 15:06   Link #24
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
wow...The 00 OP is pretty bad...It actually looks like a fan made AMV..
Seems like they didn't spend much time on it...
For your info, the (偽) after the title of the "Gundam 00 OP" means "counterfeit/fake". So yes, it IS a fanmade AMV.
Old 2007-09-28, 09:53   Link #25
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

High quality trailer can be downloaded here
http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/ruline....htm?num=15754

Just click on the blue text that has the "wmv9" at its right.
I'm really excited for this game. It's really awesome, even there are only UC series.

@Kaioshin:
Quote:
I really hope that music in the background has nothing to do with the game.
Too bad, it's the theme music of this game . Listen carefully, it's not bad, though.
Old 2007-11-08, 23:37   Link #26
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sorry for the double post, but this thread is pretty much dead if I don't do that

Newest battle scene:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...h&v=&uploaded=
There's no BGM yet.

Latest scan:
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9674/srwggenlh7.jpg
Old 2007-12-01, 13:40   Link #27
beamknight87
Gold Saint

mmm has anyone got it? My copy arrived yesterday and I was like "cool".

After the first couple of hours I was like "... not SO cool"

Guess I have been too used to SRW games and I'm a complete n00b in this series. More or less I understand most of the mechanics (evolving units, Master Unit...) Still, I decided to play first the 0079 stages, and I'm stuck in the 4th one, where a gazillion Zeon grunts must be defeated. The only decent units I have got are 4 Phoenix Gundams but that's all... anyone has some tips? Like a decent stage to gather exp or $ more quickly, since I feel the 0079 stages are this hard, I tried the other storylines and man, I got brutally pwned >_<
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 14:17   Link #28
yangxu

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
mmm has anyone got it? My copy arrived yesterday and I was like "cool".

After the first couple of hours I was like "... not SO cool"

Guess I have been too used to SRW games and I'm a complete n00b in this series. More or less I understand most of the mechanics (evolving units, Master Unit...) Still, I decided to play first the 0079 stages, and I'm stuck in the 4th one, where a gazillion Zeon grunts must be defeated. The only decent units I have got are 4 Phoenix Gundams but that's all... anyone has some tips? Like a decent stage to gather exp or $ more quickly, since I feel the 0079 stages are this hard, I tried the other storylines and man, I got brutally pwned >_<
Well you should really focus on leveling up one of your Phoenix Gundams into a Nu. You must've been evenly leveling up all of your pilots/mechas, it's not a good idea in this game, at least. What you want is an overpowered unit that can provide aid to others when needed, and if the weaker ones are in danger, the overpowered unit can clear the map if necessary.
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 17:02   Link #29
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangxu View Post
Well you should really focus on leveling up one of your Phoenix Gundams into a Nu. You must've been evenly leveling up all of your pilots/mechas, it's not a good idea in this game, at least. What you want is an overpowered unit that can provide aid to others when needed, and if the weaker ones are in danger, the overpowered unit can clear the map if necessary.
Thanks, and yes, you are right, u need an uberpowered mech able o assist anyone in the battlefield. I decided to do some previous stages again to more or less level up the Phoenix Gundams and then I challenged the 5th stage of the 0079 story... short and sweet, these guys rock da house! I even managed to S rank Amuro and get his RX-78-2 for mass produce. Anyone has got some evolution trees? The Phoenix can only (de)evolve to a RX-78-2 and that last one I'm not even sure in what the heck it turns into (has 4 possibilities).
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 20:34   Link #30
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Try Char's Counter the attack first stage for some money. You can get the Nu Gundam at that stage, since it's not hard to get Amuro into S-rank. The only troublesome thing is you have to defence the mothership & the shuttle (the hard one is the mothership). Keep active Minosky, you may be fine. Nu Gundam is the beast at that stage, its only weakness is lacking of EN, making it's harder to obtain S-rank.

This game is hard, or I'm just suck....at first, I tried Crossbone first, and I realize how weak my crew is, so I had to restart at 0079.

You may feel tired at first couple of hour, but when you get some decent units & a good master unit, the fun begins ^^.
Old 2007-12-02, 01:02   Link #31
yangxu

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Thanks, and yes, you are right, u need an uberpowered mech able o assist anyone in the battlefield. I decided to do some previous stages again to more or less level up the Phoenix Gundams and then I challenged the 5th stage of the 0079 story... short and sweet, these guys rock da house! I even managed to S rank Amuro and get his RX-78-2 for mass produce. Anyone has got some evolution trees? The Phoenix can only (de)evolve to a RX-78-2 and that last one I'm not even sure in what the heck it turns into (has 4 possibilities).
You can keep an eye on this thread, I think the starter updates quite often on the evolutionary tree.

http://bbs.a9vg.com/read.php?tid=790261&fpage=1
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 17:18   Link #32
Lighto

SD Gundam G Generation Spirits

I've spent some time playing the latest game in Gundam Universum.
SD Gundam G Generation Spirits which was released by Bandai for Ps2 recently.
It's your typical strategy game with animated battle system. It looks more or less like
the Super Robot Wars OG released by Banpresto some time ago but with different Robots.

At the beginnig of the game we have an access to 3 different story modes,
each story mode consists of a few episodes like Gundam lost War, etc. I'm not sure how long each episode is but looked kinda lenghty.

I've captured some gameplay movies and screens for you guys, as usual :} .
Movies don't show any skill playing a game just a mechanics, bear that in mind while watching :} Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucRXAHBekXI - Opening Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZCbvRFSYA - gameplay movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVP28dae97A - gameplay movie 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLIum9UCK8 - gameplay movie 3
http://www.c-games.info/games,002,6281.html - ingame screens and info
Lighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 22:56   Link #33
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
i think i just saw freedom here?

Spoiler for Freedom:
Old 2007-12-12, 23:27   Link #34
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

No, that's just the screen of the old game, SD Gundam Seed. Only UC in this game.
Old 2007-12-26, 22:56   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I've finally got a chance to try this game and I really like it. First off the presentation is a lot better than in any of the other G Gen games I have played. Every stage seems to be accompanied with some artwork and even in stage the units are manipulated in such a way that it truly feels like you are being immersed in the story. For example in MS Igloo which I am playing right now, Char's Zaku actually does the morse code blinking with it's monoeye on the stage map. There have also been some major changes to the way some of the units work to balance them out. First of all, ships are about the size you would expect them to be on the map, as are some of the larger and more powerful units, giving them more space to be targeted in and less room to manuever in tight spaces or near a cluster of units. Yes now every unit isn't merely one space large, but some are several. For example the Jotunheim is a good 4x6 spaces in size at the very least. Also with ships and some larger units is the necessity to rotate them in order to aim their wide attacks, which costs a turn. The balance to this handicap comes in them often having extremely powerful attacks.

Also changed is that you can assign one of your team characters as "Master Unit", which acts like unassigned guest units in SD Gundam G Generation F in that they recharge a good 25% of their health and energy each turn and don't need to be near a ship or leader to have a decent chance of hitting something. New features include the Haro point system which gives you points for destroying enemy units in efficient manners and possibly for completing mission objectives. You start with a discoloured Haro, and getting a certain number of points brings it up to Green, then Bronze, Silver and I assume Gold. Depending on what Haro colour you have by the end of the stage you will receive bonuses like Options parts and new characters. The game is also more generous with the number of units you can assign to a ship as well.

Unchanged is the assigning of a crew to your ships (positions are Captain, Operator, Gunner, Mechanic, Driver and Guest). Captain is your general leadership circle and his stats have the general overall modifier on any of your ships stats, Operator I'm unsure of, but I assume it adds to the Captains modifiers in some way and influences your units accuracy bonuses for being in the ships COM range, Gunner has an effect on weapon power and accuracy, Mechanic dictactes how much HP and EN your units will recharge in the ship per turn, Driver dictates the ships dodge and Guest if it is anything like the past game should extend your leadership circle. Also unchanged is the ability to purchase new units, capture, steal and add to production list guest units you have aced.

The visuals of course are better than SD Gundam G Gen F and units in a link attack actually appear in the battle more like the Squad system in SRW Alpha 2/3 rather than a support attack.

If I had a few complaints though they would be the seeming lack of any AU series (Huge Letdown, but no Bandai game is without it's let downs it seems) and the inclusion of the Zeta Gundam A New Translation stages over the classic TV series (along with that incredibly unfitting Gackt song). Also, I'm not to keen on certain stage counts. All of Mobile Suit Gundam in six stages and all of Zeta in Six as well (whereas G Gen F had 10 for each) seems a bit short. They seemed to really want to emphasize the side stories though.

Overall the game is really fun and a lot more accessable than I thought it would be though. I also love the them for the MS Igloo characters, and Oliver May's 2D design looks amazing, as do most of the MS Igloo characters. It couldn't have been easy to take the 3D CG characters of the series and turn them into 2D.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 23:05   Link #36
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I've finally got a chance to try this game and I really like it. First off the presentation is a lot better than in any of the other G Gen games I have played. Every stage seems to be accompanied with some artwork and even in stage the units are manipulated in such a way that it truly feels like you are being immersed in the story. For example in MS Igloo which I am playing right now, Char's Zaku actually does the morse code blinking with it's monoeye on the stage map. There have also been some major changes to the way some of the units work to balance them out. First of all, ships are about the size you would expect them to be on the map, as are some of the larger and more powerful units, giving them more space to be targeted in and less room to manuever in tight spaces or near a cluster of units. Yes now every unit isn't merely one space large, but some are several. For example the Jotunheim is a good 4x6 spaces in size at the very least. Also with ships and some larger units is the necessity to rotate them in order to aim their wide attacks, which costs a turn. The balance to this handicap comes in them often having extremely powerful attacks.

Also changed is that you can assign one of your team characters as "Master Unit", which acts like unassigned guest units in SD Gundam G Generation F in that they recharge a good 25% of their health and energy each turn and don't need to be near a ship or leader to have a decent chance of hitting something. New features include the Haro point system which gives you points for destroying enemy units in efficient manners and possibly for completing mission objectives. You start with a discoloured Haro, and getting a certain number of points brings it up to Green, then Bronze, Silver and I assume Gold. Depending on what Haro colour you have by the end of the stage you will receive bonuses like Options parts and new characters. The game is also more generous with the number of units you can assign to a ship as well.

Unchanged is the assigning of a crew to your ships (positions are Captain, Operator, Gunner, Mechanic, Driver and Guest). Captain is your general leadership circle and his stats have the general overall modifier on any of your ships stats, Operator I'm unsure of, but I assume it adds to the Captains modifiers in some way and influences your units accuracy bonuses for being in the ships COM range, Gunner has an effect on weapon power and accuracy, Mechanic dictactes how much HP and EN your units will recharge in the ship per turn, Driver dictates the ships dodge and Guest if it is anything like the past game should extend your leadership circle. Also unchanged is the ability to purchase new units, capture, steal and add to production list guest units you have aced.

The visuals of course are better than SD Gundam G Gen F and units in a link attack actually appear in the battle more like the Squad system in SRW Alpha 2/3 rather than a support attack.

If I had a few complaints though they would be the seeming lack of any AU series (Huge Letdown, but no Bandai game is without it's let downs it seems) and the inclusion of the Zeta Gundam A New Translation stages over the classic TV series (along with that incredibly unfitting Gackt song). Also, I'm not to keen on certain stage counts. All of Mobile Suit Gundam in six stages and all of Zeta in Six as well (whereas G Gen F had 10 for each) seems a bit short. They seemed to really want to emphasize the side stories though.

Overall the game is really fun and a lot more accessable than I thought it would be though. I also love the them for the MS Igloo characters, and Oliver May's 2D design looks amazing, as do most of the MS Igloo characters. It couldn't have been easy to take the 3D CG characters of the series and turn them into 2D.
So it's generally like G-Gen Portable, but with large, space-consuming ships and units?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 23:42   Link #37
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
So it's generally like G-Gen Portable, but with large, space-consuming ships and units?
For short, yes. However I think it's a lot more fun than GGP.