AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-26, 14:44   Link #61
PrototypeX2

Akainu was totally awesome in this chapter.One handedly owning %50 of WB pirates and destroying their trademark ship.Loved the single panel when Whitebeard send a silent goodbye to his ship.
Old 2009-11-26, 16:18   Link #62
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

That was a very good episode and Happy Thanksgiving.

Respect and shock for the Supernovas
I am shocked that the other Super novas survived. The only reason i say this is because luffy would have never survived the Shabaody Archipelago arch if it weren't for Kuma and Silver Rayleigh. On top of that watching Admiral Kizaru beat some of the Supernovas without breaking a sweat left me thinking they were screwed. I was wrong to think just because they were rookies that they wouldn't survive. I am impressed with X Drake, Basil Hawkins, Scratchmen Apoo, and Urouge for surviving the battle with Kizaru and escaping. Basil Hawkins was right about his predictions about not dyeing that day.

Just and Idea
If white beard can fling Diomand Jozu at bullet speed then he could break the wall. Jozu can turn into a diamond while he is being thrown at the speed of bullet and then smash the wall with his super strength.

Things to hope for
I hope the some of the supernovas are going to war to. I wonder if luffy as learned to apply his haki with his attacks? Going against the top three admirals at once worse then Ore Jr. rushing into battle with the remaining Shichibukai move. If Luffy can free his brother, Supernovas do join the battle, and remaining Shichibukai screw the marines over then the tide of this battle could turn.

I thought this was going to be a double issue. What happend?
Old 2009-11-26, 16:29   Link #63
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
I thought this was going to be a double issue. What happend?
It wasn't a double issue, There was a separate chapter 0 which ties the upcoming one piece movie with the past manga plot. Its up on sites.
Old 2009-11-26, 16:44   Link #64
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
The wall could be made of sea stone so any DF powers would be useless.
Old 2009-11-26, 17:24   Link #65
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
The wall could be made of sea stone so any DF powers would be useless.
this is wat im suspecting, along with some sort of pressure dampers like in oil rigs, bridges or w/e
Old 2009-11-26, 19:45   Link #66
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I wonder what got Bonney so upset, I guess she must have some connection to Whitebeard...

Yes, I'm already expecting the influx of theories involving Bonney being Whitebead's daughter/granddaughter coming in.....

Anyways, I still have my doubts about the siege wall being made of seastone since, as I pointed out a couple of times already, Luffy clearly touched the wall last chapter without any sort of hint of him losing his power. I can only assume that the wall is made of some kind of new metal that's as strong or stronger than seastone (possible developed by the good Dr. Vegapunk). Yikes, just imagine the marines using that metal as an alloy for the Pacifistas. If Whitebeard couldn't break through its defenses, then a good majority of the world's pirates would be screwed big-time.....
Old 2009-11-26, 20:10   Link #67
DSDSSDWE
Blah

It's also possible that WB is just a lot weaker than before. Having a sword run through you can do that to you, I imagine. He's (internally) bleeding all over the place.

Not sure what Luffy's problem was, though. He could have easily grabbed one of the ledges from where the cannons were placed and catapulted himself over the wall. It wasn't that high.

And did anyone else find it funny how Jimbei can just shoot streams of (sea)water at people? He shot one that landed (Luffy) right in front of the 3 DF admirals. They probably anticipated its landing point and didn't move away accordingly, but if Jimbei tried, I bet he could be one major annoyance to any of the DF users there. Close combat with a karate fishman in the middle of a lake is suicidal. And he can disable you from afar with his (sea)water attacks. He should be so overpowered in this battle (or any battle near seawater).
Old 2009-11-26, 20:22   Link #68
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
This battle is wild. Luffy actually seems to be thinking and planning things out to some degree. He's so close, but he has the three admirals right before him. Even Rayleigh had trouble with Kizaru. I think it's safe to assume that all three are Logia type Devil Fruit users. Probably Luffy's worst match. The only thing that has shown to counteract Logia Types is an opposing element weakness or Haki.

We have finally seen that the Supernovas escaped. That's been up in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, I still have my doubts about the siege wall being made of seastone since, as I pointed out a couple of times already, Luffy clearly touched the wall last chapter without any sort of hint of him losing his power. I can only assume that the wall is made of some kind of new metal that's as strong or stronger than seastone (possible developed by the good Dr. Vegapunk). Yikes, just imagine the marines using that metal as an alloy for the Pacifistas. If Whitebeard couldn't break through its defenses, then a good majority of the world's pirates would be screwed big-time.....
That doesn't mean that Seastone isn't inside the walls. It looks pretty thick.
Old 2009-11-26, 20:29   Link #69
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yes, I'm already expecting the influx of theories involving Bonney being Whitebead's daughter/granddaughter coming in.....
Its pretty obvious its comic relief in accordance with her character. Don't know why anyone would think otherwise when Franky does it all the time in the series.
Old 2009-11-26, 23:54   Link #70
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well, the wall is thick, made by random precious material and have measures to reduce mere direct forces. We also have WB old/sick/got stabbed. They don't need to have sea stones inside for this case....

Also, i think sea stones can't cancel spell or absorb force.....It just stop the power of devil fruit users in contact. Otherwise they had sea-stones shield in action....
Old 2009-11-27, 00:48   Link #71
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
This battle is wild. Luffy actually seems to be thinking and planning things out to some degree. He's so close, but he has the three admirals right before him. Even Rayleigh had trouble with Kizaru. I think it's safe to assume that all three are Logia type Devil Fruit users. Probably Luffy's worst match. The only thing that has shown to counteract Logia Types is an opposing element weakness or Haki.

We have finally seen that the Supernovas escaped. That's been up in the air.

That doesn't mean that Seastone isn't inside the walls. It looks pretty thick.
Have you just started reading? All 3 are Logia users. Ice/Light/Magma.
Old 2009-11-27, 02:06   Link #72
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Have you just started reading? All 3 are Logia users. Ice/Light/Magma.
I don't believe it's been confirmed that Akainu Devil Fruit is a Logia. It's just highly likely. We already know Aokiji and Kizaru are Logia type.

It does appear that the attack Luffy uses goes through all three.
Old 2009-11-27, 03:36   Link #73
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
It does appear that the attack Luffy uses goes through all three.
But why would the ice attack not affect Akainu when it has been shown that logia's are weak to certain elements?
Old 2009-11-27, 04:12   Link #74
PrototypeX2

He has molten lava on his face but this surely doesnt prove he is a logia.Magellan as a poison paramecia, also never felt his own poison's effects while wearing it.

So either Akainu is a complete lava logia (which is less likely) or a volcano paramecia that is immune to lava just like Magellan.Paramecia can also explain why entire meteors raining down as fists, since he may turn his hand into an actual volcano with shape fist summit.
Old 2009-11-27, 05:26   Link #75
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Kizaru beat the Supernovas and he lets them escape? I think the whole scene with the Supernovas is a clue to Kizarus true intentions. Kizaru is supposed to believe in absolute justice. Leaving Supernovas out in the street to escape just doesn't seem to fit someone who believes in Absolute Justice, considering all these fools have bounties on their heads.

We also see Kuma and Raleigh interrupt his arrest of the Straw Hats. Did he tip them off? He also didn't feel like turning into a beam of light and interrupting Kuma. And he took his time "fighting" Raleigh.

Kizaru is a bit of a goof ball, too.

What if he's an inside man for the revolutionaries?

Last edited by mechalord; 2009-11-27 at 05:42.
Old 2009-11-27, 06:40   Link #76
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post

He has molten lava on his face but this surely doesnt prove he is a logia.Magellan as a poison paramecia, also never felt his own poison's effects while wearing it.

So either Akainu is a complete lava logia (which is less likely) or a volcano paramecia that is immune to lava just like Magellan.Paramecia can also explain why entire meteors raining down as fists, since he may turn his hand into an actual volcano with shape fist summit.
He is a Magma Logia user. It fits the logia theme of the 3 Admirals, and as we all know, magma/lava is an nature element. It is all but certain that he is Logia.
Old 2009-11-27, 07:47   Link #77
game2007

And as I said earlier, if he is Logia, that would explain why he didn't defend himself or jump out of the way when Luffy's foot started flying.
Old 2009-11-27, 10:12   Link #78
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Kizaru beat the Supernovas and he lets them escape? I think the whole scene with the Supernovas is a clue to Kizarus true intentions. Kizaru is supposed to believe in absolute justice. Leaving Supernovas out in the street to escape just doesn't seem to fit someone who believes in Absolute Justice, considering all these fools have bounties on their heads.

We also see Kuma and Raleigh interrupt his arrest of the Straw Hats. Did he tip them off? He also didn't feel like turning into a beam of light and interrupting Kuma. And he took his time "fighting" Raleigh.

Kizaru is a bit of a goof ball, too.

What if he's an inside man for the revolutionaries?
What , kizaru never seem like the type to believe Absolute Justice, all 3 admirals have there own form of justice with Akainu looking to be one hat believe in Absolute Justice.

Kizaru look like type that would follow orders but still like to have fun . Which what he was doing when he fought the SN just killing time.
Old 2009-11-27, 13:07   Link #79
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So either Akainu is a complete lava logia (which is less likely)
Why is it less likely again?
Old 2009-11-27, 14:13   Link #80
Aquaman OS

With Whitebeard's ship destroyed it looks like he and his giant armada will either get killed or arrested here freeing up the way for Luffy and Shanks to move further ahead into the new world.
Closed Thread