AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-17, 21:15   Link #241
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

I'd say this one is way easier than previous games, at least the bullet count is much lower. In a lot of ways, it's the exact opposite of UFO, which had more bullets than you could shake a broom at and so many chances to collect extra lives/bombs that it actually got a little frustrating trying not hit to one by accident.

TD is probably the first and best chance I have at actually beating an Extra Stage. To be honest, I was really hoping we might see Yuyuko pull out some stops after her appearance as a stage one boss. But hey, Nue works. (Even I can dodge those weak spell cards, though. Arrows? Psh. Don't make me laugh. You'll need to at least bring horizontal bullets to stop me!)

Soundtrack wise, I love Sakura of Dead Spirits, and Spirit of Avarice has a great synth feel to it. But that's not really important, what matters is the flood of remixes, covers, and tributes that accompany every Touhou soundtrack. That's where the real fun is.
Old 2011-08-17, 21:35   Link #242
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I find the only reason I feel UFO hard is because of the UFOs themselves. Once I learned to give up and just focus on surviving, the game is a whole lot easier.

Same thing with TD. Those spirits are tempting, but when I realize I better save up trance mode to get x10 bonus from the blue spirit than wasting my life, the game suddenly become easy.
Old 2011-08-18, 17:04   Link #243
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I have heard that this newest Touhou installment was really made to attract newer generation to actually play the game and not dwell too much on the other spin-off franchises. Apparently ZUN realized he made UFO a tad bit too difficult for most to clear let alone do a score run. I heard this newest game is also the Touhou with the silliest scoring system ever. Bombing the bosses actually net you much higher scores.
Old 2011-09-04, 14:15   Link #244
Zakoo

Finally finally finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I beat Suwako hahaha, My first extra start finished in a touhou, argh, she was hard, really really It took me months to do it.
I finally left the beginner group, it's time for to go on Mokou and Nue.

It was my daily joy crisis, nyaa, the tears I had when I saw the final dialogues, hmmm très bien.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 11:42   Link #245
Suzuran
Public Nuisance

Sorry for the thread necro, but I'm not sure where this is most relevant, or if it is relevant at all. Delete this post if it's too far out.

Touhou Seimoe 2011 will be starting Wednesday, November 16th, at 9 AM EST (unless any last-minute issues are discovered in testing)
It's in testing now; Input on the bracket and participation in the testing is welcomed.
See http://seimoe.lunar-tokyo.net/ for details and to participate.
Suzuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 17:35   Link #246
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Mainstream Touhou

From I what I observe with fans of this series is how despite its popularity on the internet, it still remains more or less obscure. Touhou is a series of bullet/danmaku shooting games where it uses monster girls and women as opposed to ships. While Touhou didn't start this trend, it is however the most prominent series to use do this. With that that said, the Anime Tenchu is coming out and it features Touhou as an animated series. Touhou is already massively popular in Japan and on the internet but how would fans feel if this series went mainstream?
Old 2012-01-20, 17:54   Link #247
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
ZUN himself said that he preffers to keep Touhou underground~ish.
Afterall:

Old 2012-01-21, 20:11   Link #248
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

^^So true
Old 2012-01-22, 00:16   Link #249
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

How is admiring a pedophilic vampire hunter mature and intelligent?

Heck her boobs are not even rea-*knifed*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:06   Link #250
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

New models for MMD-Touhou :

Alice in MINISKIRT :

Alice stole Sakuya's Precious Dress :

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 23:15   Link #251
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I want play these games but I want to know which one is the easiest so that I can get started. You can PM me but don't give me that, "You play easy mode?! You suck! lol" stuff.
Old 2012-02-23, 00:44   Link #252
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Probably IN since it's the first touhou (and the only one) that I've managed to 1cc.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 01:16   Link #253
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
IN is the easiest, no doubt. Then it is PCB - depends on the difficulty you pick. Youmu is pretty hard... Ten Desires is pretty easy too... not really... Also I recommend you to play Normal because it prepares you for higher difficulty. You might die a lot more than on easy though. Pick Reimu because homing = less skill curve. Or SakuyaA if applicable. Watch replays if you are stuck...
Old 2012-02-23, 01:19   Link #254
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I want play these games but I want to know which one is the easiest so that I can get started. You can PM me but don't give me that, "You play easy mode?! You suck! lol" stuff.
Easiest? Err....to me, either Youyoumu or Eiyashou

I'm a pure Reimu player....usually using her needles
Old 2012-02-23, 01:58   Link #255
Aesthetic Shampoo

I have a question. If i want to start playing this game...well, where do i start? Like, wheres the beginning? I did some looking into, and there seem to be a whole bunch of different doujin and games and whatnot and i can't make heads or tails out of it.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 02:10   Link #256
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Depending on what you prefer...

If fighting games, and have friends to play with Hisoutensoku is the best

When in air shooting game, Imperishable (Eiyashou) is the easiest or Koumakyou, kinda easy either (Remi is kinda easy, and it's fun playing with Flandre!).... Beware of Subterranean Animism, it's like playing in hell bec. of difficulty.~_~

BTW setting aside the pc98 versions, I think you must start with Koumakyou....
Shiro
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 02:46   Link #257
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
Depending on what you prefer...

If fighting games, and have friends to play with Hisoutensoku is the best

When in air shooting game, Imperishable (Eiyashou) is the easiest or Koumakyou, kinda easy either (Remi is kinda easy, and it's fun playing with Flandre!).... Beware of Subterranean Animism, it's like playing in hell bec. of difficulty.~_~

BTW setting aside the pc98 versions, I think you must start with Koumakyou....
uuuuh....what.

I'm sorry, i should have made this clear from the beginning: i'm a complete noob at this. I've been hearing the word 'Touhou' around for quite awhile now, but i didn't even realize it was a game until i looked into it today. I also found there were a whole lot of them, so i didn't know which to play first, if there are different types, or if there was any particular order in which i had to play them in, things like that. So, where do i start?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 02:54   Link #258
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
uuuuh....what.

I'm sorry, i should have made this clear from the beginning: i'm a complete noob at this. I've been hearing the word 'Touhou' around for quite awhile now, but i didn't even realize it was a game until i looked into it today. I also found there were a whole lot of them, so i didn't know which to play first, if there are different types, or if there was any particular order in which i had to play them in, things like that. So, where do i start?
haha sorry if it wasn't that clear...

Ok here's the arrangement of the official games from the first up to latest installment

PC-98 Games
TH01 Highly Responsive to Prayers
TH02 Story of Eastern Wonderland
TH03 Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream
TH04 Lotus Land Story
TH05 Mystic Square

Windows Games
TH06 Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
TH07 Perfect Cherry Blossom
TH07.5 Immaterial and Missing Power
TH08 Imperishable Night
TH09 Phantasmagoria of Flower View
TH09.5 Shoot the Bullet
TH10 Mountain of Faith
TH10.5 Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
TH11 Subterranean Animism
TH12 Undefined Fantastic Object
TH12.3 Touhou Hisoutensoku
TH12.5 Double Spoiler
TH12.8 Fairy Wars
TH13 Ten Desires

I recommended to start at Touhou 06 which is Embodiment of scarlet Devil.

sample play, ^^

Shiro
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 03:30   Link #259
Zakoo

IN is the easiest, but there's no fun in playing it without knowing the previous character you see ... What point is there in controlling the Remilia/Sakuya pair without knowing who they are? WHAT HERESYYYYYY RESPECT THEM.

Well so I would say begin with the 6, though it's 100% you won't be able to finish it -even in easy mode- (If you are a beginner in such games).

The 7 is easy too, thanks to the slow mode and cheery border, but it's nearly impossible to beat the phantasm mode for a new player.

Then the 8 obviously, it's with this game that new player can become stronger.
Though extra stage might be still hard.

Skip the 9.

Go to the 10, maybe it's on this game that you can finally enter the real Touhou Dimension, since Suwako (the extra boss stage) isn't very hard thanks to the bomb system, doesn't mean you won't have to retry a hundreds of time or so-so.

Elevel, hmm, well even though I can call myself above the average in touhou, I can't even finish it, this one is very hard, yet the bomb system is the same as the one in ten but the lives disappear too fast.

Touhou 12, as well as my favorite, is the second touhou I finished, very hard meeh, but one of the most enjoyable. It's a game where you must know "when to give up" (those who played should understand).

Touhou 13 was quite the let down. Though the music are good, the game mode and spellcard aren't thrilling enough.

So I would say that you should eventually do them in order, because there's no pleasure otherwise, even if you can't win the game, that's how I did, I lost the 6 and went to the 7 etc. Eventually I became a real fan of this serie.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 04:46   Link #260
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Be careful with Double Spoiler or Shoot the Bullet....they're pretty damn hard

Anyway, I'm trying to 1cc normal for my TD play but I always seem to lose ;_; I tried to get some life so that I can survive more but it's hard to get Anyone could give some tips? Also, would using trance during spell cards mean that I couldn't capture the spell cards?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, ps vita, touhou