AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 05:45   Link #21
HasuMasu
*Artist

I am ashamed for laughing out loud because the first thing that came to mind was HnA.
Old 2011-12-12, 06:03   Link #22
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I am ashamed for laughing out loud because the first thing that came to mind was HnA.
I never thought of that!

Although I ... umm ... know what you mean, I think.... *cough cough*
Old 2012-03-01, 13:51   Link #23
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Okay, so last year, we sorta had a false alarm about a new tv series. However, if this ANN article is correct this time, we should see a new tv series next month in April.

Hoping for the best.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 17:53   Link #24
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Premieres on April 4th!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...title-revealed

Quote:
Director: Sayo Yamamoto
Character Design: Takeshi Koike
Series Composition: Mari Okada
13 Episodes
DAT STAFF!
Old 2012-03-07, 17:59   Link #25
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Apparently it won't let me change the title... Been awhile since I had to do this, I forgot members can't. Would a mod by chance change the title to what I currently have edited in the first post?
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 18:53   Link #26
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
DAT STAFF!
I'm not that familiar with the franchise (My only Lupin III experience was the Miyasaki version) but with that staff I can't pass it up.

At what studio is this all happening,do we know?

Last edited by totoum; 2012-03-07 at 19:35.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 19:34   Link #27
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Not only is Koike doing character designs, but he's animation director as well.. awesome! Synopsis sounds really cool as well.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 22:04   Link #28
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Director: Sayo Yamamoto
Character Design: Takeshi Koike
Series Composition: Mari Okada
13 Episodes
Lawl. Cue the rage.

*Serious mode* FFS. Hopefully Lupin won't be forced to crossdress...

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-03-07 at 22:22.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 02:06   Link #29
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Lawl. Cue the rage.

*Serious mode* FFS. Hopefully Lupin won't be forced to crossdress...
Okada!? Okada?! She'll have Lupin and Zenigata in maid uniforms while Fujiko does everythng cool!

Nah, seriously, I'm looking forward to the flamewar show.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 02:47   Link #30
ZODDGUTS

As long it's nothing as bad Cannan I can stomach it.
Spoiler for .:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 03:18   Link #31
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I like Canaan.

Who the hell cares tho? I will watch because friggin' Koike in here.. despite I know nothing about Lupin.

My god.. next season would be totally awesome. Watanabe, Koike, and Umakoshi will have their new show by each.. dayum.
Old 2012-03-08, 06:03   Link #32
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

^Do yourself a favor and download, rent or buy Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostrio. If yo wanna get introduced to Lupin III, might as well do it right with it's best and epic movie. Not saying this doesn't have the potential to be a great series or anything.
Old 2012-03-15, 04:18   Link #33
totoum
Me at work

Dai Sato has just joined the writing staff,he'll be working under Okada,that's another interesting addition.

Music will be done by Naruyoshi Kikuchi (former saxophone player for Yoko Kano's band The Seatbelts) and the ED sung by Nikiie
Old 2012-03-15, 06:23   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Dai Sato has just joined the writing staff,he'll be working under Okada,that's another interesting addition.

Music will be done by Naruyoshi Kikuchi (former saxophone player for Yoko Kano's band The Seatbelts) and the ED sung by Nikiie
Dai Sato working under Mari Okada instead of the other way around is just like the most humiliating thing for the poor guy. What a shame that his career seems to have come to this. Hopefully for Lupin fans he ends up being her ghost writer or something cause he's far more equipped to handle something like Lupin the Third than her I would think.

Don't understand why the industry is trying to push Okada so damn hard when frankly she's just very limited in her capacity as a writer and only seems to excel when given a "slice of life" type project to work with. I mean you've got Dai Sato on board...give the man the project. Whatever, I swear I give up on you Japan....somedays at least.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 08:58   Link #35
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Dai Sato working under Mari Okada instead of the other way around is just like the most humiliating thing for the poor guy. What a shame that his career seems to have come to this. Hopefully for Lupin fans he ends up being her ghost writer or something cause he's far more equipped to handle something like Lupin the Third than her I would think.

Don't understand why the industry is trying to push Okada so damn hard when frankly she's just very limited in her capacity as a writer and only seems to excel when given a "slice of life" type project to work with. I mean you've got Dai Sato on board...give the man the project. Whatever, I swear I give up on you Japan....somedays at least.
Well its not like Dai Sato himself free from flaw.

That more glaring than Okada's most horrible product if you ask me lol.
Old 2012-03-15, 10:17   Link #36
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Well its not like Dai Sato himself free from flaw.

That more glaring than Okada's most horrible product if you ask me lol.
Yes I know about this, everyone has at least one bad work. Also Dai Sato probably is better off handling the script than the other way around, but I still don't understand what Okada is doing here and why the industry is trying to push her so hard. It's yet another trend that kind of worries me going forward. It kind of fits into that whole trying to fit square pegs into round holes problem they've got going on with trying to fit genres and tones together that just plain don't mix except it has to do with staff.
Old 2012-03-15, 19:16   Link #37
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

^Bad is an understatement. I was actually expecting a good movie, because he was writing it.
Old 2012-03-16, 01:57   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I wonder if BONES asked him to do E7 AO, and he turned it down - or whether he was asked at all. Seems like a better gig than getting coffee for Okada Mari.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 04:47   Link #39
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I wonder if BONES asked him to do E7 AO, and he turned it down - or whether he was asked at all. Seems like a better gig than getting coffee for Okada Mari.
Lets not forget Okada isn't alone on this,there's Takechi Koike and also Sayo Yamamoto directing.

You could say she's still a "prospect" since she has only one directing credit to her resume but she's been around,she's worked on Dai Sato shows like E7,Ergo Proxy and Samurai Champloo for exemple so maybe that's what made him want to work on this,or maybe it's a coincidence
Old 2012-03-16, 09:49   Link #40
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You know what I have a theory and it is just a theory so people ought not to take it too seriously and freak out or anything, but I've noticed a trend of late whereby the industry doesn't seem to show a lot of respect or interest in promoting or working with older talents in lieu of what appears to be an attempt to create idol staffing. A lot of older voice actors for example who are still very much capable of performing seem to have trouble finding work while newer flashier and more attractive talents seem to be cropping up all the time. I've referred to this trend as the Idol Seiyuu boom. Similarly I would call composers like Yoko Kanno and Yuki Kaijura Idol Composers since whenever they make a well-received soundtrack you literally cannot get out from all the praise and admiration that comes raining down say compared to when someone like Hiroyuki Sawano who makes a well received soundtrack for Guilty Crown and Supercell gets all the credit for it.....guess that last bit makes for another example too eh?

Alright here's the part that I bet people yell at me for even though it's just pure theory and speculation...could the frequency of Okada's work and the aggressive promotion of her by the industry be an attempt to make her the first Idol Writer?