Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 04:07   Link #921
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea and now my server and the other one is being pummeled by their over numbers and exotic gear. So it's not really fair.
I'm not sure I buy the outnumbered argument, unless you're telling me there are never any queues on your server for WvWvW.

As for overall trends in terms of character levels and gear, I find it all tends to lose importance the larger the groups on both sides are, while having far more importance in the relatively rare very small scale fights.

The biggest hurdle between the top end of the scoreboard and the rest is having a global player community that allows your server to at least put up a fight 24/7-or as close to it as possible. I think this is vastly more important than either of the two issues you brought up.

I'm also pretty convinced that a certain color on Eternal Battlegrounds has inherent advantages, but only Anet has the data to prove that claim. I will say this: I don't think our win margins are ever as impressive as when we are Green. And, when we do lose, it's almost always to someone else, who is Green. Though, that may also be because color is possibly determined by your starting rank within your three-server group. I haven't paid enough attention to determine if that's true or not.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 22:37   Link #922
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Halloween update is up now. Can't wait to try this out
Old 2012-10-22, 22:49   Link #923
Simonsy

in process of downloading right now.

kind of annoyed at myself. I had gotten a black lion key yesterday and "used" it.

totally forgot about this and should have saved it, and used it after the update went live.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 05:33   Link #924
iceyfw

lions arch is pretty lively. meanwhile my warriors face is derp derp when i'm flying on a broom. i bought the witch costume which came with it.

Spoiler for picture:
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 05:34   Link #925
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Who's up for Halloween?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 15:29   Link #926
Simonsy

Well halloween is totally insane. It feels like its launch again, there was so many damn people on last night.

But dang, why does my server have to be so damn good at WvW. I went on today to try and get some kills cause that is only thing monthly i haven't done yet. When I entered the WvW, i saw that we owned EVERY single thing. Was on for like 3 hours and only got 4 kills.

Hoping that the reset is soon WvW wise so I can get some actual killing in.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:31   Link #927
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Reset comes every Friday I believe? Also, does anyone know a good wvw weapon combo for warrior? I'm trying Sword/Axe + Greatsword for mass clearing.
Old 2012-10-24, 00:47   Link #928
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Reset comes every Friday I believe? Also, does anyone know a good wvw weapon combo for warrior? I'm trying Sword/Axe + Greatsword for mass clearing.
Got up to 25 kills for the day, woot.

Damn its slow. I went WvW only once before and managed like 40 kills in a couple hours so didn't think would be hard to get monthly. But dang I sure need a reset or else this takes forever playing 2 dead servers.

That sounds like a good combination though for your warrior. Obviously keep a longbow in your inventory when you think it may come handy. But the axe off-hand is the best by far imo, and I like the swords first three moves better than the axe's or maces.

And you can never go wrong with a greatsword, it is just too good.

The longbow though I recomend having on hand cause its F1 move is amazing and the 3 is also very powerful and aoe. Not to mention its 5 is a pinning move.

I am going to use the same weapons as you, but as I said have a longbow on hand in case a situation comes around that I feel it would be better served than one of the others. Sadly this has to be decided before fighting starts. Wish you could swap 3 weapon sets, lol. Especially theifs. I mean I should be able to easily have 2 daggers, a pistol and short bow on my person. thus swapping between dual daggers, dagger/pistol and swort bow. Heck the size of thief weapons you could easily hold every weapon. a sword, 2 daggers, short bow and dual daggers. hell the outfits show like 10 daggers on them, lol.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:52   Link #929
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That was the funniest night for Maguumians. In Eternal Battlegrounds, we had all our 4 towers + 1 keep fully upgraded with everything until update came in. But before then, after taking out Darkhaven, and Shivering Peaks' 30-40 man pushes. We just screwed around taking our supply camps back playing this music.

I have to thank Mr. Halloween for playing these in the public chat.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-10-24 at 23:09.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 03:03   Link #930
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Well halloween is totally insane. It feels like its launch again, there was so many damn people on last night.

But dang, why does my server have to be so damn good at WvW. I went on today to try and get some kills cause that is only thing monthly i haven't done yet. When I entered the WvW, i saw that we owned EVERY single thing. Was on for like 3 hours and only got 4 kills.

Hoping that the reset is soon WvW wise so I can get some actual killing in.
I'm fairly certain it's less your server is good and more people have realized with free world transfers, there's no "point" (other than, you know, not being a flaming sissy), staying on a losing world. Fights are becoming increasingly worthless. Just log on to my server (Black Gate), as an example. We've got over 400k points, with second place at 15k. The two servers we're "fighting" have had most of their active guilds transfer off. It's just a huge farce.

ANET needs to implement a much longer CD on free transfers, or make them cost money, or some combination of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm not really fond of GS for warrior. Hundred Blades, which is your main burst damage, makes you immobile, making it-imo-pretty much useless for pvp of any kind. T

I think a Hammer is far superior to GS if you want to go the big two-handed weapon route.

As for dual-wielding, whatever you end up choosing, I'd get used to hotswapping in and out a warhorn to your offhand. Charge is too good to ignore.

Double maces are a nice compliment to Hammer.

That said, I tend to run with Longbow/Rifle on my Warrior, while hotswapping in a Sword and Warhorn outside of battles primarily for the runspeed buff from Charge.

Once the lines begin to break and we're the ones overwhelming the enemy, I'll swap in a Hammer, as I love to melee, and this is one of the few times where doing so doesn't mean an almost certain death.

As for your skills, I tend to go shouts, but like weapons, you should get comfortable with hotswapping skills as combat/cooldowns and the situation allows.

A lot of what I just said can be ignored if you decide to participate in a small roving coordinated party, especially on one of the periphery maps (ie: not eternal battlegrounds). There, what weapons/skills you use will depend entirely on your party make-up. When I do this, I'm usually primarily using Hammer/Double Maces (with warhorn hotswap).
Also, cake.
Old 2012-10-26, 11:26   Link #931
Simonsy

So is there stuff to do for halloween yet?

And by that I mean looking at the achievements list I see a crap load of achievements related to halloween, but the only one that I have completed is the Carving Pumpkins. I am close to the opening trick or treat bags. Have like 30 so far on the brawler thing.

But otherwise, the rest are empty.

Are the others available to complete yet?

The ones I've done so far just seem so pointless. Is there some actual story type things I need to do. I have gotten the six parts of the book and put htem together, but that didn't seem to do anything but give me a pointless accessory.
Old 2012-10-26, 15:32   Link #932
Xion Valkyrie

It's supposed to come in 4 parts. I don't think the mini dungeon is available nor is the jumping puzzle. There should be 3 or 4 more parts of the Mad Key scavenger hunt.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 16:30   Link #933
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm not sure I buy the outnumbered argument, unless you're telling me there are never any queues on your server for WvWvW.

As for overall trends in terms of character levels and gear, I find it all tends to lose importance the larger the groups on both sides are, while having far more importance in the relatively rare very small scale fights.

The biggest hurdle between the top end of the scoreboard and the rest is having a global player community that allows your server to at least put up a fight 24/7-or as close to it as possible. I think this is vastly more important than either of the two issues you brought up.

I'm also pretty convinced that a certain color on Eternal Battlegrounds has inherent advantages, but only Anet has the data to prove that claim. I will say this: I don't think our win margins are ever as impressive as when we are Green. And, when we do lose, it's almost always to someone else, who is Green. Though, that may also be because color is possibly determined by your starting rank within your three-server group. I haven't paid enough attention to determine if that's true or not.
a huge guild from a high ranking server switched to a low ranking server to get a easy win, Simple as that. A pathetic move.

People just keep finding ways to cheat the system one form or another. Don't defend these cheap asses.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:16   Link #934
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Green = Highest ranking server of the match
Blue = Middle ranking server of the match
Red = Lowest ranking server of the match

Fort Aspenwood x Maguuma x Dragonbrand

For me this week.
Old 2012-10-27, 03:32   Link #935
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well as soon as the reset kicked in :

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The only reason why we can do this is because we are red, and red is 3 times faster.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 12:12   Link #936
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Inquest = Cat and Mouse chasing game (Wants to play the ghost killers)
Reaper's = LoL/Dota with you actively doing things besides leveling up/etc.
Clock Tower = ... *bangs his head against a wall*
Old 2012-10-27, 12:36   Link #937
Simonsy

The stupid ass clocktower pissed me off.

I got good at it and can make it to the top like 50% of the time. Only things that screw me up in the beginning when there are like 5 charr or nord covering half the screen.

BUT when i get to the top I have like 5% success rate in jumping into the broken clock. Took me like 20 failures to finally land inside. So fricken stupid.
Old 2012-10-27, 13:32   Link #938
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Finally got the clocktower after about 2 hours. I'd say it was infuriating but it was also the only thing that kept me playing for more than 5 minutes within the past few weeks, and strangely addictive. I'm glad I finally did it because my gaming OCD would not allow me to leave until I did. Giving up or even taking a break would be letting the game win and there was no way I was letting that happen.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 15:12   Link #939
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I curse ever Char and Norn player in the world! Over half my attempts were leaps of blind faith with the stupid amount of players blocking my view.

I'm pretty sure I'd have succeeded on the first (or maybe second) try without all the bodies in the way.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-10-28, 15:20   Link #940
Simonsy

Was just playing as one of my low characters. Finished up the human starting area queensdale 100% and got the rewards. one of them was a Black Lion Key. Opened up one of my many chests sitting in bank taking up space.

And I got the [greatsword chainsaw hallaween] skin. whatever its called. Well actually didn't first try. First chest gave me another key, which that key gave me the skin.

SO freaking happy. Didn't spend a dime of real money, was my first or I guess second black lion chest opened this whole halloween event. Had opened like 10 halloween chests but got jack shit in them.

Now to decide what to do. The skin isn't exactly something I think I like visually for my characters who would use it. I have like only 6 gold, and it sells for like 40 gold. Very very tempting. Though wondering if i hold on to it and sell it in a month if I could get like 100 gold for it.

Either way, happy me.

stupid market is down. thinking might sell this and buy the scythe skin. I like that one more.

Last edited by Simonsy; 2012-10-28 at 15:31.