Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 06:08   Link #1581
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
She probably is not an angel(for the sake of the show),I don't think anyone in that group wants to "serve"the mafia Boss,but merely use him.
For most of them, it's a paycheck. Just like in the real mafia - where the hell do you find people who serve others out of slavish devotion? For someone they barely know. And who's a mafia boss.

It doesn't take away from the fact they're helping said mafia boss with his activities. Which no doubt include murder, extortion, and whatever the hell it is mafias do.

Quote:
They have to blend-in to achieve their goals,that's like calling a police/agent spy who's trying to take down an illegal organization(random example) a bad person since he's technically serving the bad guys.

Although I am sure that some of them are trying to use him for bad things,I don't think that it makes everyone in that group a "devil".
That's not my point. My point is that, just because she hasn't been hostile so far, doesn't mean Senritsu "won't use her abilities for bad things". She's already using them to get a job in the mafia.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 00:34   Link #1582
whitecloud

watch ep.41...quite a buildup...phantom troupe ASSEMBLE
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 01:42   Link #1583
leokiko

Genei Ryodan!
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 02:44   Link #1584
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

VA for Chrollo and Shalnark, just don't fit their image and I'm strongly disliking Shalnark childish voice.

Maybe I'm bias with the old animation (1999) VA's

Everyone in Genei Ryodan are badass! Each at Hisoka level or above! I lol@ Hisoka getting horny, looking at Chrollo. I guess its wrong to mark him as a pedo.
Old 2012-07-29, 04:29   Link #1585
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I dunno, I think Chrollo's voice is actually fairly befitting.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 05:22   Link #1586
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Is it just me, or was the preview dialogue rather yaoi-esque?
Old 2012-07-29, 05:36   Link #1587
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

killua is already wearing a bishonen attire...
Old 2012-07-29, 06:33   Link #1588
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
killua is already wearing a bishonen attire...
He wore those very clothes in the manga for a few chapters.

HxH is one of those rare shounens where characters actually change clothes.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 06:36   Link #1589
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oooh, lots of new voices and sounds in this episode.

That church music? No complaints, a real good mood setter. Most of the voices are slightly different, of course, but they mostly are very similar or fit well enough. Feitan is a bigger change than most, but it still fits his quiet theme. Kuroro is a tad different, they seem to be giving him more emotion here. Doesn't bother me too much, but mileage may vary here.

Shalnark's voice... was the biggest disappointment. Too young in my opinion.

Uvo is awesome. Just... yes, awesome. Different voice, but Broskandar fits Uvo like a glove.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 06:57   Link #1590
ookamigirl

Gon & Killua learned interesting info about Greed Island.
So basically you enter the game and can't get out if you don't find a save point.
That's sure one dangerous game, but not unexpected since it was made for Nen users.
Kurapika & few others managed to get hired finally. First mission: protect the boss.
Wtf, the boss is a cute girl called Neon?! No way! Her dad is the one Kurapika is after, probably.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 10:03   Link #1591
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Gon & Killua learned interesting info about Greed Island.
So basically you enter the game and can't get out if you don't find a save point.
That's sure one dangerous game, but not unexpected since it was made for Nen users.
Kurapika & few others managed to get hired finally. First mission: protect the boss.
Wtf, the boss is a cute girl called Neon?! No way! Her dad is the one Kurapika is after, probably.
Her dad's the one with the power, but Neon's the "collector" that Kurapika wants to get close to. Her dad buys her "treasures" in exchange for her fortunetelling. She wants to go the auction, but when it's too dangerous the bodyguards get sent in her place. What does she want to buy? A bunch of human body parts including Kurta eyes. People like Neon who collect this stuff are the very reason Kurapika's tribe was slaughtered. No one would bother stealing something that wasn't valuable. She's his target.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 11:14   Link #1592
whitecloud

If only there're are greed island game in real life...there are a some people I want to throw inside that game...hehe...joking aside it seems it just like SAO but not VR...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:08   Link #1593
gnafcha

Umm, I gotta say. Huge disappointment in Pakunoda's first appearance. They REALLY skimped on drawing her. I think you all know why that's unacceptable. I'm not really a fan of the new style of drawing Anime--way too clean. I miss the grittiness of 90s drawing, like Gundam Wing and the original Hunter X Hunter--am liking the new series so far, though.

Just curious, I'm not familiar with the manga of Hunter x hunter; was the Greed Island OVA as bad as a manga as it was as the anime? There was a huge character change in Hisoka and the series turned incredibly childish. Just wantin to gauge how Greed Island will be if they take the remake that far.
gnafcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:23   Link #1594
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Uvo is awesome. Just... yes, awesome. Different voice, but Broskandar fits Uvo like a glove.
Indeed. Uvo is basically an evil Rider, so Akio Ohtsuka is a perfect fit. As for the rest (based on what little lines we got)...

- Chrollo: Another great fit. The only nitpick I've got is that Mamoru Miyano is a rather overexposed VA, which for me slightly reduces the mystique surrounding the character. But leaving that aside (which he can't help), he's definitely the man for the job and I look forward to his future lines.
- Feitan: An improvement over his voice in the original anime, which, while unique and relatively charming, ended up misguidedly turning Feitan into a trap of sorts. Plus, it's great to hear Kappei Yamaguchi use a voice similar to his creepy L voice once again (probably an unpopular opinion but I gotta say I don't care much for the more normal (for lack of a better word) voice he uses for Usopp and whatnot).
- Nobunaga: Not bad, but I think his original voice fit his character and appearance better, which is kind of annoying since that VA played the guy whose heart Killua ripped out in this version. Could've had him reprise Nobunaga while they were at it, but oh well, the new guy is still a serviceable replacement.
- Franklin: The only one I downright disliked. Calmer and more nonchalant Franklin in the original sounded much better IMO and closer to how I imagined him in the manga.
- Shalnark: Heard lots of complaints, but I'm not sure what the problem is. He's an amiable and cheerful kid... and sounds like one. Plus, hearing Noriko Hidaka in this day and age is an awesome privilege.

The rest we didn't hear as much from (except Machi, whom we'd already heard narrate half an episode), but sounded all right.

I had mixed feelings about their scenes though. The first one was pure filler and honestly felt kind of dry and pointless to me. They already did this with Kurapica's team, in that they came up with filler introductions for them, which resulted in them being essentially introduced twice (first the filler one, then the canon one). I can't really appreciate such senseless padding.

The other scenes were much better though, since, what do you know, Togashi's a better writer than the anime staff. Well, there was still a little anime original material in having Hisoka arrive late, but it worked well enough. And it was rather amusing in that they went for the exact opposite of the original anime, which had Hisoka be the first one to arrive (in case you're wondering the manga didn't specify). I'd say this version's liberty made more sense though considering Hisoka's character.

I felt the music placement could've been better though. The church-like tune felt a little overstated and lacking in subtlety to me. The original anime usually went for this cool and relaxed unofficial Phantom Troupe theme in their scenes, which to me fit their image better - they're kind of like the Turks in FFVII, boasting perpetually cool attitudes and possessing great banter between them. But anyway we'll see how they're handled from now on. Hopefully well, since they're my absolute favorite villainous group in shounen manga.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:30   Link #1595
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 41-

-Manga: Chapters 70, second half of chapter 71, First part of chapter 72
-Nippon's Adaptation: Episodes 50, 51

Spoiler for Part 1:

Spoiler for Part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:42   Link #1596
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
- Shalnark: Heard lots of complaints, but I'm not sure what the problem is. He's an amiable and cheerful kid... and sounds like one.
He sounds like he's in his mid-teens rather than early twenties. That's the only complaint, really.

It's especially a problem since he's supposed to be one of the smarter members.
Old 2012-07-29, 14:52   Link #1597
SHINOBI-03

For me I don't have a problem with Shalnark's voice. I got used to male characters with female voices (Goku, Kenshin, Sojiro, Luffy).

Especially Sojiro. Noriko Hidaka has voiced him in Rurouni Kenshin. It's not a new voice to me.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 15:51   Link #1598
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
For me I don't have a problem with Shalnark's voice. I got used to male characters with female voices (Goku, Kenshin, Sojiro, Luffy).

Especially Sojiro. Noriko Hidaka has voiced him in Rurouni Kenshin. It's not a new voice to me.
That's not it. It's mostly because most people and myself are bit bias to the voice he had back in the 1999 version. Shalnark reminds me of Doremon now...
Old 2012-07-29, 15:55   Link #1599
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't remember what he sounded like. I still think his voice doesn't fit his build. Or role in the troop.
Old 2012-07-29, 16:05   Link #1600
leokiko

VA's so far are good, but if we are trying to compare both versions, I would say only Feitan and Machi seems better fitted for their characters on this version.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen