AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 04:48   Link #2621
Felyndiira

I predict that Suzu will get one high-point hand, but will still be crushed by the other three teams. Also, I would like to put three Bison dollars on Hiroe trying to save her team again and recover some points in a epic clash against Hisa, thus not tarnishing her image as the fifth placer in the inter-highs, but Himematsu still getting rolled in the semi-finals.

I would definitely love for Yuuki to come out ahead for once. Her character has grown so much since the start of the manga - from getting completely messed up by a slight strategic play (even in the east round) to someone that could easily become a star player on almost any other team save maybe Shirotodai/Rinkai. It's really kinda sad to see her improve so much, become one of the better players in the inter-high, and then still get shot down not because of her own weaknesses, but because she's now facing absolute monsters on Saki's level rather than Jun or Nanpo.

My prediction, though, is that either Satoha gets the early lead, or Usuzan shows us exactly what makes them such a feared first-year team and snatches first place away from Satoha. Yuuki will end up with a net positive score, but still won't quite be in the lead. All of the points will, of course, be paid from Suzu's coffers.
Felyndiira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 09:30   Link #2622
Bladezer

I'm pretty sure the one who will end Yuuki's dealer ship will probably be Satoha, seeing as in the last round it was Komaki who ended it by playing into Suzu's hand. And I see Yuuki securing second place, with Satoha being in first. I say this because we've seen Yuuki beaten down twice, but we can't have Satoha looking stupidly weak.

And if Naruka's eye is part of her ability, if she has one, I suspect to cause the players to see the most moe thing they've ever seen. jk

I'm not sure Suzu will explode, besides what does Kyouko mean when she says Suzu wins explosively, that she gets huge point hands, that she can explode by winning off of other players constantly with huge points?

Also I hope to god they don't skip over Mako's match again.

On another note, its been noted some 1st years can beat a 3rd years tenpai speed. My point is with this in the last nationals, there was 3 dangerous 1st years Komaki, Koromo and Kei, I get the slightest feeling that Shizu will become the 3rd most dangerous 1st year in the nationals. So in other words, I'd feel really sorry for the 4th player at the finals with Saki, who can just tsumo with dead wall, Awai making them have a hard time building a hand with her 5-7 shaten, and having to deal with Shizu's I won't give up until the end attitude, would mean that they could play into her by complete accident.
Anyway its just a thought I had about Shizuno being a dangerous 1st year like Saki and Awai, feel free to poke holes in my theory.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 14:14   Link #2623
Marina2

We were shown in saki vs koromo that even monster player could become nervous and temporary lost their power (as how Kana can score a Yakuman in Koromo no tempai zone)

So, if Shizu's "I won't give up" strong enough to make Awai and S aki lost their confidence then she will not have problem.

By the way, are there any leak from Aghica new ch. ?
Old 2013-01-06, 15:00   Link #2624
The Green One

Perhaps Yukki is saving the levels of badass she has been grinding throughout the matches to bring them all out at once during the time she will truly need it which is going to be vs Teru. If there was ever a time where Yukki needs to be at 200% it is going to be against Teru.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 16:08   Link #2625
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
On another note, its been noted some 1st years can beat a 3rd years tenpai speed. My point is with this in the last nationals, there was 3 dangerous 1st years Komaki, Koromo and Kei, I get the slightest feeling that Shizu will become the 3rd most dangerous 1st year in the nationals. So in other words, I'd feel really sorry for the 4th player at the finals with Saki, who can just tsumo with dead wall, Awai making them have a hard time building a hand with her 5-7 shaten, and having to deal with Shizu's I won't give up until the end attitude, would mean that they could play into her by complete accident.
Anyway its just a thought I had about Shizuno being a dangerous 1st year like Saki and Awai, feel free to poke holes in my theory.
Similar to Kana, Subara, and Kyouko, Shizu’s sheer determination is but a key component in overcoming someone overwhelmingly stronger than her, but I don’t think you would call someone like that “dangerous” would you? I think Shizu still lacks two important traits which set her apart from other first-year monsters: first being the ability to dominate the entire table and the other is THE DEMONIC MONSTER AURA OF DOOM!!! Unlike other national-class monsters we have seen, Shizu isn’t all that intimidating in the eyes of other player (troublesome yes but not terrifying though IMO) which is why I don’t think she can be classified as exceptionally dangerous player just yet. Perhaps next chapter of Achiga can provide more insights as to what she’s truly capable of.

On the other note, if Naruka's left eye really has some form of hidden power, I hope Yuuki will manage to pick up something from her previous match against Mihoko to counter it. That or Mihoko might offer some tip when facing opponent with a magical eye.

Last edited by teja208; 2013-01-06 at 16:20.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 22:39   Link #2626
night_sentinel

Some leaked pictures are out.

Warning massive spoiler ahead!!!

Spoiler for "Prepare to be amazed...:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 22:56   Link #2627
Qilin
Romanticist

What... What the heck happened? Why?!

I'm assuming that this is the aftermath of Himeko's key attacks. I already figured this would happen, but it's still a bit of a shock to see the scores looking like that. Apparently, the predicted kazoe yakuman hasn't happened yet, so much more craziness awaits.

EDIT:

HAHAHA... This is something else.

Spoiler for achiga:

Last edited by Qilin; 2013-01-07 at 23:30. Reason: learned more stuff, so I corrected myself
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:26   Link #2628
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post

Spoiler for achiga:
Spoiler for Hnnng.......:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 00:29   Link #2629
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Spoiler for Hnnng.......:
It's even better than that

Spoiler for Spoiler:

This is literally MadoHomu levels of gay.

Spoiler for More spoilers:

A little extra I'm surprised no one has posted before

Spoiler for Possibility of their meeting:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 00:51   Link #2630
The Green One

So Toki helps Ryuuka cheat, the keyblade master lays the smack down. Awai laughs to herself as the puny mortals have the delusion that they're winning, and Shizu.......Shizu is......well......she's there. Shizu is definitely sitting there. Occupying space. Expertly.
Old 2013-01-08, 01:30   Link #2631
Marina2

^
No

Spoiler for Shizuno:

By the way, can someone remind me why people call Shizu "Monkey" ??
Old 2013-01-08, 01:32   Link #2632
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
^
No

Spoiler for Shizuno:
It was just a joke of course. Naturally Shizu was going to do something, This chapter was meant for Shindouji and Senriyama anyway, one last hurrah before Shiratodai and Achiga flatten them to end things.
Old 2013-01-08, 01:50   Link #2633
Serperior

Oh.. people already posted some spoilers...

Well, here's some Awai!

Spoiler for Awaikening:

Here's a translation for this image:
Spoiler for ...Ryuuka HAS GONE CRAZY! TALKING TO A GHOST!:

Spoiler for A brief summary of the match:
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 02:03   Link #2634
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Oh.. people already posted some spoilers...

Well, here's some Awai!

Spoiler for Awaikening:

Here's a translation for this image:
Spoiler for ...Ryuuka HAS GONE CRAZY! TALKING TO A GHOST!:

Spoiler for A brief summary of the match:
In those first two pictures did I just see Awai attempt a self destruct move DBZ style? Sheesh. If I remember the counted Yakuman hand isn't until the South 3 in the 2nd half. I suppose this is the one Shizu will beat since with scores this close a point gain that huge would put Shindouji in 2nd, assuming Awai goes off on a point gaining binge.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:07   Link #2635
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post

Spoiler for achiga:
So does this mean lovers can emulate their partners abilities? Seeing as Ryuuka's doing it, and Himeko's is effectively just doubling off of Mairu's win. Because if so, I would find it completely funny if in the finals Nodoka pulled off a few rinshan kaihou
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 02:13   Link #2636
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
So does this mean lovers can emulate their partners abilities? Seeing as Ryuuka's doing it, and Himeko's is effectively just doubling off of Mairu's win. Because if so, I would find it completely funny if in the finals Nodoka pulled off a few rinshan kaihou
Actually it's the one who plays 2nd who gets the technique from their partner. So Saki would go all cyber angel on them.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:34   Link #2637
darkchez11

lol man now I'm excited to see saki VS awai face off and about the telepathy thing saki and nodoka already did some telepathy thing in the anime
darkchez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 02:46   Link #2638
Felyndiira

Achiga is getting very ridiculous now >.>.

For the supposedly glorious Senriyama captain - the highest individual point scorer in all of Kansei, who was hyped in-universe to be a bastion of awesome in her own right - instead of either showing us what she can do as a strong non-ability player like Mairu/Yumi or giving her an ability of her own merit, she's borrowing power from Toki as a last-minute shoe-horn. And seriously, storing powers from her thighs - it's like Ritz somehow managed to find 4chan and steer the Achiga manga towards their whole joke of lesbian powers or something (does 2ch make similar kinds of jokes?).

And I'm somehow dreading what Shizu can do now. The entire Achiga team has been shown just a day or two in the past losing badly to the 'good' players in Nagano - even if it's an anime exclusive, I do feel that Ritz had at least some part in influencing this direction. They could not beat Ryuubonmochi, and Shizu, specifically, was sunk very easily by a de-powered Koromo. In my opinion, Ako vs. Sera was what Achiga's level should have been like. Arata vs. her opponents were understandable given that FunaQ was one of the weaker members on Senriyama's team, that everyone was targeting Seiko to some extent, and that Mairu - the genuinely stronger player - did ran away with the per-game point totals. I would almost cry if Shizu suddenly pulls off monster abilities or ridiculous data mahjong out of nowhere, both of which are not only inconsistent with her characterization so far, but would be very difficult to pull off without looking like a deus ex.

But yeah, Ryuuka. Her love with Toki is fine and all, but this is, complete ***-pull aside, just Toki winning those hands, not herself. It's like the author is saying "sorry, we ran out of ideas on Ryuuka, so here, have a second Toki! I can't go wrong by just rehashing a popular character!"

Sorry for the rant, but given how much I've been praising the Saki and Achiga manga for their portrayals of the players, this...
Felyndiira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 03:11   Link #2639
King-Slayer

ohhhhhh this chapter looks to be just as good as the last. Ritz and Igarashi are killing it right now. Can't wait for the chapter to come out.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 03:32   Link #2640
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
Achiga is getting very ridiculous now >.>.

For the supposedly glorious Senriyama captain - the highest individual point scorer in all of Kansei, who was hyped in-universe to be a bastion of awesome in her own right - instead of either showing us what she can do as a strong non-ability player like Mairu/Yumi or giving her an ability of her own merit, she's borrowing power from Toki as a last-minute shoe-horn. And seriously, storing powers from her thighs - it's like Ritz somehow managed to find 4chan and steer the Achiga manga towards their whole joke of lesbian powers or something (does 2ch make similar kinds of jokes?).

And I'm somehow dreading what Shizu can do now. The entire Achiga team has been shown just a day or two in the past losing badly to the 'good' players in Nagano - even if it's an anime exclusive, I do feel that Ritz had at least some part in influencing this direction. They could not beat Ryuubonmochi, and Shizu, specifically, was sunk very easily by a de-powered Koromo. In my opinion, Ako vs. Sera was what Achiga's level should have been like. Arata vs. her opponents were understandable given that FunaQ was one of the weaker members on Senriyama's team, that everyone was targeting Seiko to some extent, and that Mairu - the genuinely stronger player - did ran away with the per-game point totals. I would almost cry if Shizu suddenly pulls off monster abilities or ridiculous data mahjong out of nowhere, both of which are not only inconsistent with her characterization so far, but would be very difficult to pull off without looking like a deus ex.

But yeah, Ryuuka. Her love with Toki is fine and all, but this is, complete ***-pull aside, just Toki winning those hands, not herself. It's like the author is saying "sorry, we ran out of ideas on Ryuuka, so here, have a second Toki! I can't go wrong by just rehashing a popular character!"

Sorry for the rant, but given how much I've been praising the Saki and Achiga manga for their portrayals of the players, this...
Heh, I think they just purposefully didn't show any of Achiga member ability before the semi final. We never saw how Shizu match went with any of the characters in this manga (only a few round but not a full match) so her showing an ability isn't that much of an asspull since we never really got any information regarding her. She did lose to Koromo but we don't know what happened to them after Shizu wanted a rematch so there's that too. Not to mention that she might get powered up after all that training She might not have any godlike/demon ability but at the very least she's confirmed to have some sort of ability/traits that made Koromo aware of her (even going to the extend warning Saki about her).

Oh and I wouldn't worry too much about Ryuuka. She might just haven't shown all her cards yet.. or maybe she's just an ace at getting points like Shindouji VC.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri