AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 18:33   Link #161
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ It'll be awhile before MGS5 comes out, so you'll have time to play the previous installments before then and better familiarize yourself with the story again.

Question for everybody: who do you prefer, Solid Snake or Big Boss as a character?

Personally, I prefer Solid Snake. Despite all the crap that went on in his life, I commend Snake for never allowing himself to become corrupt and always doing what he truly believed was the right thing to do. He has more willpower than Big Boss does.
Yeah I'm also saving up money for an 80" television so we'll see. It would be cool to play those games on a big screen like that.

As for your other question I grew up with Solid Snake, so I'll always have a special place in my heart for him. I initially had mixed feelings about Big Boss/Naked Snake knowing that he would eventually become the main protagonist for the first two games that were released. However, I think his motivations for Outer Heaven and everything else that follows are going to be revealed more and more. And I'm sure there are other aspects I've forgetting that were revealed in Peace Walker and maybe Portable Ops. I haven't played those yet, but hopefully when I do I'll find out more information. Seems like Big Boss is getting pushed more and more to the front as the poster boy for the franchise.

I will say I was always disappointed how Solid Snake's lifespan is essentially cut short due to his genetic makup. That really sucks.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 18:46   Link #162
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

About the Naked Snake and Solid Snake comparison it my case it's kind of mixed. I liked more Naked Snake during his debut in Snake Eater as he was relatable while Solid Snake was kind of a douche to other people around him. Then in Sons of Liberty Solid Snake became a lot more appealing as he was more friendly while Naked Snake went through the opposite in Peace Walker.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:10   Link #163
Samari
World's Greatest

Naked Snake does look pretty cool with the eye patch though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:39   Link #164
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Speaking of BigBoss guessing Revoltech MGS Peace Walker revoltech will be high in demand when MGSV and Ground zeroes comes out.

http://actionfan.net/wp-content/uplo...1360937304.jpg

So pretty much Bigboss's moral is going downhill and Peace Walker(can't blame him), it was the turning point from Naked Snake to "BigBoss". I'll always remember "Don't call me Snake, call me BigBoss".

Also for those who played MG1 and MG2 you'll see Snake upholding more good back then, most especially at final showdown with Bigboss, where BigBoss mentioned "How do you expect to beat me without a weapon?", Solid Snake replied "Never give up, Fight until the end". That last scene was about morals and the sins of the father and the son taking on the mantle of the name "Snake".

Damn looking back at MG 2 Solid Snake, it's story telling is way ahead of it's time. I really want to see a remake of these 2 games.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-07, 17:55   Link #165
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

If Kojima ever remakes the first two Metal Gears I believe Metal Gear 2 will need some new touches. For example, in the story Gray Fox murders his own girlfriends with a Metal Gear and he does not even give a fuck. He makes a huge exposition before his defeat and mentions his girlfriend for one second. Big Boss is defeated in a really anticlimatic way by Solid Snake even though this is the guy that stopped the Cobras, Gene's FOX and that whole conflict in Costa Rica.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:12   Link #166
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think when you fight Bigboss if they ever remake MG1 and MG2 Solid Snake. They probably go for you can beat him with CQC or with weapons in 1, 2 the same thing CQC or just get that make shift flame thrower that can run out on you, I think there are many ways Solid Snake can defeat Bigboss, both have the same game stealth, CQC and guns, but the edge Solid Snake had in MG1 is the rocket launcher the 2nd game the makeshift flame thrower which caught Bigboss off guard since he taught Snake had no weapons.

I'm personally liking Holly more than any girl for Solid Snake.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:22   Link #167
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Big Boss is too old to perform a fast CQC so I guess he would only be able to do it similar to Judo where the fighter is slow and can only counterattack. Maybe if he has that mechanic arm he can perform a strong physical attack.

Did Kojima ever explained whatever happened with Holly?
Old 2013-04-07, 22:59   Link #168
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Big Boss is too old to perform a fast CQC so I guess he would only be able to do it similar to Judo where the fighter is slow and can only counterattack. Maybe if he has that mechanic arm he can perform a strong physical attack.

Did Kojima ever explained whatever happened with Holly?
Yeah, a grappling style would work best for someone his age. The fight should be similar in fashion to the fight between Liquid and Snake in MGS4.
Old 2013-04-08, 14:02   Link #169
Kazu
Flowing

uhhhh mgs4 ending?

Spoiler for mgs4:
Old 2013-04-08, 15:26   Link #170
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
If anything, Kojima didn't expect MG to be such success and preffered to introduce BB as a generic betraying villain.

And now, trying to justify his actions and ways is proving to be quite an ordeal!
Old 2013-04-08, 19:07   Link #171
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

MGS4 BigBoss can still do CQC, it doesn't really need strength even at an old age(71) BigBoss can still do CQC.

YouTube
Old 2013-04-08, 19:09   Link #172
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I said fast CQC just like when he fought Ocelot at the end of Snake Eater not a slow move from Guns of the Patriots.
Old 2013-04-08, 21:36   Link #173
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
MGS4 BigBoss can still do CQC, it doesn't really need strength even at an old age(71) BigBoss can still do CQC.

YouTube
I called it, but he has a nice,pretty video to show you all.

honestly though some of the moves in MGS4 compared to MGS3 look at the snake vs liquid ocelot fight, same moves but slower and I dont think it's cuz they're old xD
Old 2013-04-09, 22:05   Link #174
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Old 2013-04-09, 22:23   Link #175
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

In the next interview Kojima should just simply respond every question with "Nanomachines, son!" before punching the interviewer.
Old 2013-04-10, 14:21   Link #176
Dextro
He Without a Title

Kojima: "This is my last metal gear"

Yeah yeah, we've heard that one before with MGS4... and MGS2...
Old 2013-04-10, 18:04   Link #177
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Kojima: "This is my last metal gear"

Yeah yeah, we've heard that one before with MGS4... and MGS2...
And MGS3. Even MGS1, I think. It's probably some sort of private running gag of his.
Old 2013-04-10, 18:35   Link #178
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

He'll do a Metal Gear Liquid later on which focuses on Liquid Snake with that accent that can make the ladies wet

Explained also here why Snake and him where expendable because of symmetry.

YouTube
Old 2013-04-10, 20:30   Link #179
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And MGS3. Even MGS1, I think. It's probably some sort of private running gag of his.
Now that we are at it the first Metal Gear game was made without plans for a sequel.
Old 2013-04-11, 20:58   Link #180
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

And probably this is a Metal Gear game without a Metal Gear.

But what the heck is Project Ogre?