AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 05:44   Link #21681
demino_hellsin
That one guy

not necessarily a coil gun... a linear accelerator reminiscent of gundamverse linear catapults was more the thought of the design. Though how to keep the bullet suspended is the question.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 05:51   Link #21682
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The problem is, demi, not that.

You can escape using a rail gun as bludgeoning tool, especially if it has thick, powerful external frame, the rail won't be damaged that much, at worst, it'll be bent.

The problem of using them as armor, however, is a different beast, basically you have the rail sandwiched between real and additional armor (because you said they''ll cover the armor). It'll take much more punishment than when used as weapon. Deformation is inevitable since the rail act as cushion for the external armor.

Hence I said the Rail must be separated.

EDIT: Can you split a barrel & magnets of magnetic accelerator?
Old 2012-02-11, 05:55   Link #21683
Eratas123

@ Senpai - If a limb is taken off, can it be put back to the body?
Old 2012-02-11, 05:56   Link #21684
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*scratch* *scratch*

Then that's easily solved. I actually took into account already the possibility of the inner rails being warped by impact to the external armoring/frame. That's why the rails actually have 3 layers: rails, shock absorbing layer, actual armor(from innermost to outermost). So when the outter layer is chipped or warped, that only reaches towards the 2nd layer which morphs according to the damage, the 3rd layer is completely untouched. Well Not sure what materials can support the design but that's the basic idea.

EDIT: Not sure, but I think it's plausible. So long as the magnetic fields aren't affected. When two magnets stick it basically neutralizes and re-establishes equilibrium by designating one end as N pole and the other as S pole.
Old 2012-02-11, 06:04   Link #21685
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Some incident cover such, but most of them are, at best, 90% effective due to injury-related deformation. If our assumption about I.S.-verse medical tech is right, then they can do better, hell, they may actually regrow missing limbs and creating spare organ.

@ Demi
Then it's up to you
Old 2012-02-11, 06:08   Link #21686
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Thhink it's possible to regenerate (not re-grow) limbs and heal scars in the IS verse?
Old 2012-02-11, 06:10   Link #21687
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, considering the sheer advancement of biological science required just so Laura can be born. Such this is possible, even if not perfect.

And what do you mean by regenerate instead of regrow?
Old 2012-02-11, 06:14   Link #21688
Eratas123

I mean re-attach the missing limb instead of growing a new one. This is the odd trait Kazuma has: He can't use an IS, but he can re-attach limbs and heal scars in days/weeks.
Old 2012-02-11, 06:19   Link #21689
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well the next concept design was to focus more on the satelliting booster units. 4 of them, larger than the originals by probably 50% or maybe even twice as big. Each one would be equipped with folding linear cannons. Since each unit is shaped like a rabbit's foot, the place where the nails should be are where you can locate the wire-guided daggers which make for a total of 4 cannons and 16-20 wire guiaded daggers.

The main body would compose mainly of the same gear. Concept weapons for it were beam blade emitters lined up along the fore-arm like blade claws, also a concealed folding beam pistol. Also, combat knives stored on the leg armor as well as similar spread of beam emitters.
Old 2012-02-11, 06:20   Link #21690
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
BUH

Of course it's possible, but weeks might be minimal, recovery therapy not included.

@ Demi

You do realize that 2 wire-dagger is already a good, 20 of them is no less than gamebreaker, and I doubt SR has enough computing power to control them, and not to mention Laura herself.
Old 2012-02-11, 06:21   Link #21691
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What do you mean?
Old 2012-02-11, 06:25   Link #21692
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was actually expecting to only put 12 but it seems rabbit's feet have more claws than I initially thoght @_@
Old 2012-02-11, 06:32   Link #21693
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The hardest part of limb attachment process is not let them heal, but to have the nerve system working again.

The injury treatment alone requires several hours, or days where sometimes the severed limb is attached somewhere else (such as attaching the severed arm on your chest, for the most common example). After the injury is declared infection-safe, then the reatachmen surgery was done, letting the cell to connect with each other which will take weeks.

Finally, as I said, the hardest part that is stimulating for the nerve system to work again. This will take few months.

Even if we assume I.S.-verse is as advanced as Gundam 00, it'll take 4-6 weeks at best. Still better than the time needed to regrow it, but that's not the point .
Old 2012-02-11, 06:36   Link #21694
Eratas123

@ Senpai - You forget, Kazuma isn't exactly fully human. He's a literal living weapon, and the only he reason he's the weakest is that he can't pilot due to a genetic fluke. This is also the reason for his emotionless demeanor.
Old 2012-02-11, 06:41   Link #21695
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, it's really up to you, we never saw how advanced, but Cecilia and Rin does recover fast considering their injury (most likely, internal damage).
Old 2012-02-11, 06:50   Link #21696
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Don't forget Ichika "I'm made of iron" Orimura. He gets hit face first by a fist the size of his head and knocked how many feet into the water, and hat does he do? Compliains half-heartedly before racing Rin.
Old 2012-02-11, 06:55   Link #21697
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's rule of funny. By theory, his head must be heavily bleed and suffer mid-to heavy concussion.
Old 2012-02-11, 06:58   Link #21698
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Yet it wasn't rule of funny when Laura did the same thing to Cecilia and Rin? All things considered, they got off pretty light compared to what they do to him regularly.

Going to eat with my family, be back in 2-3 hours.
Old 2012-02-11, 07:04   Link #21699
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Final answer before logging off: Both of them never directly in contact with SR fist, all of the damage are secondary and received by the armor first (except the strangle, which directly held by absolute defense), not to mention the PIC is activated. They're lucky Absolute defense held, because their armor are wrecked after taking severe beatings.

If we take PIC into account, Rin and Cecilia blasted into ground by Maya, creating two meter into soil and unharmed. Ichika is even worse, creating a crater at least 1 meter deep and again, unharmed.

Problem is, Ichika doesn't wear ByakuShiki when he swim, similar to the bath scene, he also doesn't wore the bracelet in the beach.

Rule of funny or very thin justification, pick your poison.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-02-11 at 09:18.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 09:06   Link #21700
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Could a normal human even take half the abuse Ichika gets?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest