AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-07-09, 20:04   Link #1101
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

The second that the final getsuga tenshou was introduced, this series spiraled downwards. Still entertaining but not really good.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 21:18   Link #1102
nfsac

Imo Bleach is the best of the top 3 shounen we had. It is a series that made a lot of profit, different midia as anime, movies, video games etc. The starter arc was for me the best as it was a simply a different idea that no other manga had thought about. As of the SS trip it became the very basic super power fighting series we have tons off. I agree on the point the editors/executives end up changing the original idea and make their own series. Sad.

Bleach had awesome villans, too many useless characters that never get their plot solved, many we will never hear about their bankai or even shikai.
The protagonist is the kind of shaddy MC I dont really find it nice but he was ok compared to other series. Oh well it is sad to see the last arc like this, with a countdown to the final chapter like: Ok we had enough profit and we failed to make the plot any more interesting, let us sink this now....
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:23   Link #1103
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
The Sternritter would be taken a lot more seriously if they weren't such a glorified red shirt army, even the Arrancar were written so we would feel SOMETHING about them, there's only like 2 Quincies if that I even care about, and they're probably dead. Also the plotholes...
This is partly just because there's so many. With ten Espada (some of which were just throwaway ones, like Pumpkinbro, NotKaien, and even Nnoitra and Yammy), it was entirely possible to give them all unique personalities and interesting motivations.

But you can't do that with twenty-seven different characters. There's no time to flesh any of them out, apart from Bazz-B and Haschwalth, and they all just blur together, so what you're left with is a confusing tangle of faces and names without any meaningful character behind them.

Add to that the fact that we know nearly nothing about the Sternritter as a group. We don't know what they've been doing all this time. We don't really know what their goal is, other than 'serve Yhwach,' and we barely have any explanation as to why they do that. But one of the earliest things we found out about the arrancar is why they serve Aizen (he has no fear, and they find that inspiring and almost hypnotic), and what they were doing before he came along.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 09:27   Link #1104
ChuckE
Provoker

I think we did not have enough preparation for quincies. I mean the time between arrancar appearance and Ainzen defeat felt much longer that it was with quincy invasion.
Old 2016-07-16, 11:20   Link #1105
Jack
The Most Villainous Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
The second that the final getsuga tenshou was introduced, this series spiraled downwards. Still entertaining but not really good.
Still kinda wondering if the Final Getsuga Tensho was actually supposed to be some form of Letzt Stil.
Old 2016-07-21, 13:43   Link #1106
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

God, this final arc had so much wasted potential....
Old 2016-07-22, 02:19   Link #1107
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Too many characters with nothing to do for/with them.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 19:10   Link #1108
Tsundere_Maid

I think one of the biggest issues with believe (that was mentioned here as well) had to be..

Over abundance of characters (that tried to seem important).
Too many people gaining to many powers.
It just seemed to dragon too which was one major flaw.
Plus the arcs together seemed to always play out in the same style and mindset. Some enemies become friends, and some friends become enemies as we enter this mysterious new world yet again.
Tsundere_Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 20:02   Link #1109
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

fullbring happened
Old 2016-08-17, 08:51   Link #1110
Sparteh

Forced ending. Kubo could have fixed it in a 100 chapters or so.
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 12:26   Link #1111
Riku186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
Forced ending. Kubo could have fixed it in a 100 chapters or so.
I agree, Kubo has been forced on many things with this series and a lot of issues I hear about stem from them. In the end the ending itself was forced.
Riku186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 18:14   Link #1112
nfsac

Indeed. Urgh we can no longer fix it, Axe it!
Authors hear this a lot....
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 20:59   Link #1113
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

If this ends like what some spoilers are saying, this will be officially the worst manga that i've ever read. Though I dont necessarily blame Kubo since obvious rushed ending is obvious....
Old 2016-08-17, 21:50   Link #1114
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
If this ends like what some spoilers are saying, this will be officially the worst manga that i've ever read. Though I dont necessarily blame Kubo since obvious rushed ending is obvious....
If this is the worst, you are quite lucky.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 05:24   Link #1115
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
It seems as though Kubo had a general outline for the series but botched up the execution. Bleach has some great ideas and concepts but it got botched up in execution.
Old 2016-08-20, 09:37   Link #1116
Chosen_Hero

Old 2016-08-20, 13:38   Link #1117
sayde

If nothing else, the video definitely puts some perspective behind the editorial influence the jump staff can have on top of painting a rather dreadful picture of how much free time authors actually get. All things considered, I might actually have to throw Kubo a pass on some of the issues I've had along with some of the twists and turns this series has taken over the years. Because if you're running on only 4-5 hours of free time a week, then I could easily see getting so burned out to the point where the process of reflecting back on your work to discover the most simple and yet effective solutions and conclusions to various plots go ignored in favor of whatever just happens to pop into your head at that very moment in time. And because of the unknown level of influence the editorial staff may have, I'd also have to forgive Kubo for not being able to effectively plan ahead. Because I'd imagine doing so could be difficult if the editorial staff insists on you doing something that runs completely contradictory to what you had in store.

Oh well...RIP Bleach. And Kubo, I hope you can finally take a long deserved break.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 13:52   Link #1118
DerGilga
Banned

Is the work schedule of a mangaka really something new for some people? Here an old picture of the schedule of another mangaka:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 14:53   Link #1119
itachi-san314

^ yea... no thanks. I was aware of the scheduling, but seeing that chart makes it seem even worse. I'm actually surprised that the weekly mangas turn out as good as they do. For all the problems with Bleach there was a lot of great stuff too. I think monthly releases make more sense. At least on a humane level.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 15:07   Link #1120
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

A weekly schedule only seems to yield good results (for a story) in the long run if it's already mostly planned out. As much as I like Kubo, I don't think he really planned anything out in advance. In fact, he probably just took it head on weekly like Toriyama did.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote