AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-01-04, 15:14   Link #701
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
1. i thought Yui was lead, but how come Azusa plays lead in songs like U&I and Fuwa Fuwa time? curious i guess
I don't know if you could really say Azusa is playing lead on Fuwa Fuwa. She plays higher notes, yeah, but they mostly act as harmony (and Yui has the solo). But Azusa playing lead isn't unprecedented--she played it on Fude Pen, Buru Pen, after all. I'm also pretty sure she has lead on Pure Pure Heart (but it might be the same situation as on Fuwa Fuwa...I haven't seen the official score yet).
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 22:24   Link #702
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I know this is just for the laughs, note that im just jokeing really i dont want to start some K-ON Illuminati conspiracy

Did the Light music club join the Illuminati to get into the Big music industry to make these music videos

what is the Illuminati you say?
Spoiler for lol i believe this but its just a crazy Conspiracy:

--------------

Oh and is it me or does Mio look like Katy Perry in the Listen ending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
The anime designs of the city is based on Kyoto (home of Kyoto Animation), but since they visit Kyoto on the school trip, it's not supposed to take place there.
I think that all we know about the town is that it's located somewhere where they need to pass by Mt. Fuji in order to travel to Kyoto, so somewhere in the northwestern half of the country..

yep its

Toyosato, Shiga
my old post

The Location of K-on!!

Closer look
Spoiler for Driving around town:

Spoiler for More exploring :

Spoiler for Train Station:

Toyosato has only one train station, Toyosato Station on the Ohmi Railways Line.

The Toyosato Elemetry school is there High School

seriously that is a LONG freaken walk to school because they have to pass the Toyosato train station to get there school, and look how far that is
go here and copy and paste this (Toyosato Town, Shiga Prefecture, Japan)
--> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=s&utm_...a&utm_term=map

more info

Cool little thing i fond! Since Yui's Parents Work for a trading Company here is a fun fact!
Toyosato also is the birthplace of Itoh Chube'e, the founder of ITOCHU Corporation, one of Japan's largest trading companies. His house is open to the public.
Omi shonin merchant and founder of Itochu Corporation (C. Itoh) and Marubeni, two of Japan's largest trading companies, in 1858. At age 15, he started out peddling his linen goods on foot from Shiga, traveling west to Wakayama and Osaka. He soon set up shop in Osaka. He even had a shop in San Francisco, California. His second son Seiichi, also born in Toyosato, set up the C. Itoh company in 1918 and started importing textiles from England where he had studied abroad.

Toyonichi Junior High School is next to the train station thats probably where Yui went to middle school

--------------------------------------------------

Spoiler for Statue:

William Merrell Vories (they guy who built the school) (October 28, 1880 - May 7, 1964) or Hitotsuyanagi Mereru (一柳米来留,ひとつやなぎ めれる) was an educator, architect, missionary and entrepreneur born in the United States who worked mainly in Shiga prefecture in Japan.

Spoiler for Biography:

Senjuji temple
Is probably the Shrine they go to During New Years Since it is the Closest Temple in there town
One of the places purported to be where the Goshu Ondo 江州音頭, Shiga's bon dance originated.

They live in the Shiga Prefecture, Kinki region, Honshu island, JAPAN

Kinki region of Japan in light pink. ( in the song " Gohan wa Okazu" they Say they dont live in Kensai which is RIGHT next to Kinki, Kensai is in Dark Pink)

If you're from Kensai, Its all about Okonomyaki and Rice! But im not from Kansai, What the heck!

Pictures
http://photoguide.jp/pix/thumbnails.php?album=143

Spoiler for Extra Videos from my old post:

3-d model yui's house
http://www.syu-ta.com/blog/2010/05/11/041614.shtml

Others

Spoiler for Exploring even more:

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-01-10 at 23:00.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 01:43   Link #703
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Signed K-On!! Guitar Gets 9,999,999,999-Yen 'Bid

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...999999-yen-bid
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 01:56   Link #704
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
The anime designs of the city is based on Kyoto (home of Kyoto Animation), but since they visit Kyoto on the school trip, it's not supposed to take place there.
I think that all we know about the town is that it's located somewhere where they need to pass by Mt. Fuji in order to travel to Kyoto, so somewhere in the northwestern half of the country..
holy cow! thats $120 million USD!! where did that person come up with that money just to spend it all away O.o

That person either robbed a bank, fond a treasure chest. or is some underground black market ring leader drug lord lol
Old 2011-01-11, 02:08   Link #705
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
holy cow! thats $120 million USD!! where did that person come up with that money just to spend it all away O.o

That person either robbed a bank, fond a treasure chest. or is some underground black market ring leader drug lord lol
or maybe funded by Mugi's family XD
Old 2011-01-11, 03:01   Link #706
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
or maybe funded by Mugi's family XD
nyahaha. that's possible. *shot*

anyhow, i want to have that guitar. T__T
Old 2011-01-11, 03:10   Link #707
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

oh, and btw..

here...

newtype just released their update for the most popular anime Male, Female and series rankings.. and as usual, K-ON!!!!!!!!!!

http://bit.ly/fWoglT
Old 2011-01-11, 04:43   Link #708
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Signed K-On!! Guitar Gets 9,999,999,999-Yen 'Bid

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...999999-yen-bid

wtf!?! but the bid was resetted anyways. the final bid was 3M yen. but just thinking about that, uh?? but it's really valuable, considering it's a signed guitar, so no doubt that it will have a really high value. (but i didn't guess that it will be that freakin high, like 9 trillion yen?!?)

oh yeah, about the news, pretty much expected. i hope next year won't be any different, though.
Old 2011-01-12, 03:01   Link #709
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I Made a Light Music Club group join if you like please join we have sweets
"We don't care if you can't play a musical instrument, you could just sit and stay here and do nothing!! Here! Drink some of Tsumugi's delicious tea and try her delicious cake! So please don't leave!"

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=685

but news on that Bid, it was fraud and they reset the bid

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-01-12 at 03:50.
Old 2011-01-24, 00:29   Link #710
krko
The Movie is Coming

^^ *Sigh*
That's not Kakifly, that's the maker of Umi Monogatari. Toyosaki worked with him in the anime version, after she worked on K-On.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 00:42   Link #711
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
^^ *Sigh*
That's not Kakifly, that's the maker of Umi Monogatari. Toyosaki worked with him in the anime version, after she worked on K-On.
oohh nooo my sources were wrong! Okay I really want to find this mans imagie, [Creep Status]
Old 2011-01-24, 01:20   Link #712
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Hmm... I knew that I've seen the post that said that it wasn't Kakifly's photo. (IIRC, it was in the K-ON! manga thread).

but then how to explain this image found here?

Not that I'm sure that he's really Kakifly. But I just find it weird to have his face attached there if he's not K-ON! related.
Old 2011-01-24, 03:56   Link #713
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Hmm... I knew that I've seen the post that said that it wasn't Kakifly's photo. (IIRC, it was in the K-ON! manga thread).

but then how to explain this image found here?

Not that I'm sure that he's really Kakifly. But I just find it weird to have his face attached there if he's not K-ON! related.

LOL. and i'm wondering about that too.. just for laughs?? XDDD because i find it funny. XD
Old 2011-01-29, 20:52   Link #714
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Billboard Japan Music Awards 2010 is fast approaching,it's gonna be on feb. 06. let's see if the HTT makes it! L0L. yeah, i am being hopeful albeit chances are slim..
here's the translated list of nominees..GDM's nominated too but in a different category

http://bit.ly/gigI1A

Tags
seinen