AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 27 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 18.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 20.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 21.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 9.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-30, 16:29   Link #41
immblueversion

My say:

Not as good as I hoped, but not as bad as I imagined. I give this a passing grade of 7/10.
Old 2009-09-30, 16:30   Link #42
Guignol

Really? When they first introduced her I didn't know if it was really Itou or not, but this time I can definitely tell, because she sounds exactly the same as normal Eva.
Old 2009-09-30, 16:32   Link #43
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guignol View Post
Really? When they first introduced her I didn't know if it was really Itou or not, but this time I can definitely tell, because she sounds exactly the same as normal Eva.
The first time she was definitely Itou, the second one as well - but it sounds like she was sick while recording or something like that, if your normal tone is in middle rage your voice has to be in perfect condition to pull of convincable high tones.
Old 2009-09-30, 16:47   Link #44
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Don't you guys think that Ryukishi is actually omitting the more confusing parts from the anime? Sorry, but I'm at this mentality right now that if it was cut from the anime, it isn't completely needed to solve the truth of Umineko.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:06   Link #45
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Don't you guys think that Ryukishi is actually omitting the more confusing parts from the anime? Sorry, but I'm at this mentality right now that if it was cut from the anime, it isn't completely needed to solve the truth of Umineko.
So you're saying the epitaph, a major part of the story and basically the kill order list for culprits, is not important to the story.

I highly doubt it.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:16   Link #46
Divaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
So you're saying the epitaph, a major part of the story and basically the kill order list for culprits, is not important to the story.

I highly doubt it.
Well, I disagree, how many times do we need to be told the kill order? And I never really did get the whole sweet fish thing in the novel either.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:26   Link #47
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Well it's not like the breakdown of the Epitaph simply just repeated the kill order.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:28   Link #48
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaa View Post
Well, I disagree, how many times do we need to be told the kill order? And I never really did get the whole sweet fish thing in the novel either.
Not the point. The epitaph leads to the hidden gold and the epitaph and it's solution is one of the bigger riddles in the entire series. EP 3 proves it IS solvable, but DEEN left out all the speculation for it, so it makes it look like Eva just figured it out in a dream
Old 2009-09-30, 17:28   Link #49
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
See you after Umineko's Yakusamashi-hen.

Just because Ryu07 is "Overseeing" it doesn't mean he didn't already cook up another one of those kinds of arcs. In fact, that might've been what he meant by "Overseeing it", so that any details they cut out can be re-explained in a filler arc later.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:31   Link #50
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
See you after Umineko's Yakusamashi-hen.

Just because Ryu07 is "Overseeing" it doesn't mean he didn't already cook up another one of those kinds of arcs. In fact, that might've been what he meant by "Overseeing it", so that any details they cut out can be re-explained in a filler arc later.
Only reason that happened was because Ryukishi was letting DEEN do what they wanted with Higurashi. Not a good thing, since they butchered the question arcs in the anime, which is why a filler arc was needed for anime viewers.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:34   Link #51
Workworkwork

Quote:
Only reason that happened was because Ryukishi was letting DEEN do what they wanted with Higurashi. Not a good thing, since they butchered the question arcs in the anime, which is why a filler arc was needed for anime viewers.
Of course. That doesn't mean a filler arc won't happen, however. Take note that at the least, DEEN does manage to keep certain details around, like the Epitaph. My guess is there will be a filler arc just for further explanation, since I can imagine trying to fit all that into only 26 episodes would be a pain.

Not that I don't still wish DEEN hadn't obtained Umineko.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:50   Link #52
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Except the VN players haven't solved the epitaph yet either.
Old 2009-09-30, 18:14   Link #53
bigemperor

Quote:
My guess is there will be a filler arc just for further explanation,
That's not gonna happen all of you are thinking too much deen DESTROY THE FIRST SEASON OF HIGURASHI is not like umineko that they skipped some things in the first season of higurashi THET SKIPPED OMMITTED AND CHANGED THOUSANDS OF THINGS and they add a 4 episode anime only arc to solve that (only 4 episodes to solve an entire rush season and they continue to skip everything related with berkanstell or key points like the future of akasaka in kai the great piece 51 from the visual novel)
Umineko is 100 times better than higurashi in adaptation so don't expect an anime original arc to explain skipped things.
Old 2009-09-30, 18:55   Link #54
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

What the heck did they do with that magic battle?! TOO SHORT!

Sasuka DEEN da. They always butcher good scenes.

Umineko is already looking more bleaker and bleaker. Oh man....

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-09-30, 19:01   Link #55
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
What the heck did they do with that magic battle?! TOO SHORT!

Sasuka DEEN da. They always butcher good scenes.

Umineko is already looking more bleaker and bleaker. Oh man....
In all honesty, DEEN doesn't do action scenes very well to begin with, usually at least. So maybe it's better we can still imagine how it "Really" happened in the SN.
Old 2009-09-30, 19:03   Link #56
blitz1/2

Quote:
In all honesty, DEEN doesn't do action scenes very well to begin with, usually at least. So maybe it's better we can still imagine how it "Really" happened in the SN.
Do you want me to post a fanmade version of it or is that against the rules?

Old 2009-09-30, 19:07   Link #57
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
It's been posted numerous times around these parts, so feel free to do so for those who haven't seen it I guess.
Old 2009-09-30, 19:09   Link #58
Workworkwork

Quote:

I've seen it. As I said, DEEN doesn't do action scenes well. That fanmade version being better than the "Professional" scene is no surprise. Sorry, I guess I worded my previous post wrong.
Old 2009-09-30, 19:16   Link #59
blitz1/2

I'll post it here anyways, for those who wants to know the true length.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LvFF...layer_embedded
(oh and there's something special in the end. xD)

Old 2009-09-30, 19:16   Link #60
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I can't post a review, or a proper response yet due to the lack of a decent raw.

Quote:
That wasn't my point. Ryukishi said the Epitaph was solvable by Episode 3, but he didn't exactly say it was because of the parents' discussion. I know it's still early to jump to conclusions, and I could be wrong in the end but unless the anime wasn't meant to be solvable, then the parents' discussion could be a red herring, or just gives more hints to make it less difficult.
Closed Thread