AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-15, 12:30   Link #2841
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I can't remember...

Just who was it that beat Nanoha and Fate between A's and StrikerS in that mock battle?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-01-15, 12:57   Link #2842
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I can't remember...

Just who was it that beat Nanoha and Fate between A's and StrikerS in that mock battle?
IIRC Leti Lowran (Griffith's mother and Lindy's drinking buddy).
Old 2011-01-15, 13:01   Link #2843
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
IIRC Leti Lowran (Griffith's mother and Lindy's drinking buddy).
I'd look on Mangafox, but someone replaced the chapter with "Fight, Reinforce Zwei" thing...

Ugh...

Google-fu, help me!

Ah, there we go!

Looks like it was Midget who did it.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-01-15, 17:44   Link #2844
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I'd look on Mangafox, but someone replaced the chapter with "Fight, Reinforce Zwei" thing...

Ugh...

Google-fu, help me!

Ah, there we go!

Looks like it was Midget who did it.
Nah. It was that one head of academy that later Fate visit with Elio in chapter 4 of Striker manga. TSAB 4th Regiment Ground Forces Military Academy Superintendant (same academy Subaru and Teana studied). She even flashbacks to "seven years earlier". That scene is actually during 3 month course that was under her (from same chapter). No name given

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2011-01-21, 01:54   Link #2845
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Whenever Teana uses Cross Mirage in dual-pistol mode, which one is the main one(where the computer is located, the one she loads cartridges into, etc)?
Old 2011-01-21, 02:49   Link #2846
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Whenever Teana uses Cross Mirage in dual-pistol mode, which one is the main one(where the computer is located, the one she loads cartridges into, etc)?
Difficult to say because both guns looks exatcly the same. I have another related question: Cross Mirage's Blazer mode is performed by combining the two guns into one xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-01-21, 03:06   Link #2847
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Difficult to say because both guns looks exatcly the same. I have another related question: Cross Mirage's Blazer mode is performed by combining the two guns into one xD?
Hmm. I was under the impression that the second gun is summoned as an extra firing unit (like the Blaster Bits) and that Blazer mode is akin to Cannon Mode
Old 2011-01-21, 03:39   Link #2848
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

that would wxplain why Cross Mirage's standby form is a single card instead of a pair of cards, the second pistol is a "mirage" xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-01-21, 12:08   Link #2849
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
She loads cartridges into both of them. Watch the one part where Nanoha is training Teana, and you'll see Teana load cartridges into both guns. So I assume there is no "main" one, but that the device merely splits or duplicates.
Old 2011-01-21, 12:16   Link #2850
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
She loads cartridges into both of them. Watch the one part where Nanoha is training Teana, and you'll see Teana load cartridges into both guns. So I assume there is no "main" one, but that the device merely splits or duplicates.
So if she loads each guns, what would happen to both cartridges when she switch back to single-gun mode?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-01-21 at 12:28.
Old 2011-01-21, 12:33   Link #2851
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
So if she loads each guns, what would happen to both cartridges when she switch back to single-gun mode?
Either Cross Mirage would refuse to do it before the catridge in the off-hand gun is spent, or the cardridge will be ejected and stay in Teana's hand instead of the gun...
Old 2011-01-21, 12:42   Link #2852
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Either Cross Mirage would refuse to do it before the catridge in the off-hand gun is spent, or the cardridge will be ejected and stay in Teana's hand instead of the gun...
Hammerspace!

We're clearly moving into the realm of theories here, FWIW.
Old 2011-01-21, 14:10   Link #2853
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Hammerspace!

We're clearly moving into the realm of theories here, FWIW.
Actually, that's not so much a theory. Verossa summoned up a cake, so he could have been storing it in a subspace pocket or something, or simply teleported it to his hand. Considering that every device we've seen so far gets much bigger when activated, we are left to wonder where those parts are stored. Each one having their own subspace pocket that they can access for the extra parts, makes sense.

Especially when you consider how Vita's small mallet necklace ends up as a freakishly huge Giant Hammer a hundred times the size she is.

Hammerspace, indeed.
Old 2011-01-21, 15:07   Link #2854
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Actually, that's not so much a theory. Verossa summoned up a cake, so he could have been storing it in a subspace pocket or something, or simply teleported it to his hand. Considering that every device we've seen so far gets much bigger when activated, we are left to wonder where those parts are stored. Each one having their own subspace pocket that they can access for the extra parts, makes sense.

Especially when you consider how Vita's small mallet necklace ends up as a freakishly huge Giant Hammer a hundred times the size she is.

Hammerspace, indeed.
Or when you consider that Nanoha could take the jexel seeds in RH, or put them out, as needed.
Old 2011-01-21, 15:59   Link #2855
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Same thing that happens to all the devices' cartridges when they are dispelled. Whatever that may be.
Old 2011-01-21, 17:25   Link #2856
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Same thing that happens to all the devices' cartridges when they are dispelled. Whatever that may be.
Are you referring to when they are ejected after use? Because as Vita showed in the first ep of A's, they are ejected from the weapon after the magic is used up. We just don't generally see it much after that, because they don't focus on that aspect. But Teana shows later, that they are left laying around after (that scene with Nanoha training her, she has a bunch of magazines scattered on the ground at her feet).
Old 2011-01-21, 17:29   Link #2857
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think he means when the weapon goes back to hammerspace.
Old 2011-01-21, 17:29   Link #2858
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No, I meant that when the devices are returned to stand-by mode, any cartridges go poof with them. Also, devices assemble fully loaded with cartridges. Whatever happens to Cross Mirage's off-hand, it's likely the same thing that happens to all devices.
Old 2011-01-21, 17:48   Link #2859
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No, I meant that when the devices are returned to stand-by mode, any cartridges go poof with them. Also, devices assemble fully loaded with cartridges. Whatever happens to Cross Mirage's off-hand, it's likely the same thing that happens to all devices.
There is a few images of the cartridge out on the nightstands for bardiche/Raising Heart, though can't remember if it was only in A's.
Old 2011-01-21, 18:06   Link #2860
Kaijo
Banned

Yeah, I see what Keroko is saying, and both explanations fit. You can preload some cartridges and magazines into the weapon and "store" them in hammerspace with the rest of the weapon. You can also have some extra magazines and cartridges hanging around in the real world.
Closed Thread