AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 17:32   Link #81
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I went into this first episode not knowing it was going to be a "girl who hates guys that eventually warms up to (usually uninteresting/poorly developed) male protagonist" type of deal. I was lured in by the promise of a cute demon loli (who's design [eyes] and attitude gives off strong vibes reminiscent of Laharl from Disgaea) voiced by Kugimiya. :< I can't stand anime with that theme, so I doubt I can stick with this show. The OP & ED are forgettable (although the visuals of the ED are quite charming), and the story seems like it's headed somewhere I'm just not fond of. I think I'd be rolling my eyes too much from all of the cheesy naughty jokes as well.

If I had to give something a plus, I'd say that the character designs are cute and the animation is fairly solid. I love roles where Kugimiya does something different from her usual overrated "tsundere voice", and this is definitely one of them (she has more of a "young spoiled brat/rebel" tone, which is very befitting of Lotte). The cast as a whole seems pretty decent all-around, too. (Judit especially.) Other than that, not my thing, unfortunately.
Old 2011-04-10, 18:02   Link #82
Xacual

I'll give it another episode but so far I'm disappointed in yet another adaptation it seems. It seems like they're going to change the flow of the story around which saddens me a lot.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 18:37   Link #83
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

While i was watching it , i remembered of Zero no Tsukaima(when for a new season..)
Girl's harem ? Yeah , it changes of male harem but seems like the male lead will have his own harem too. Probably the Drama plot will be about some others candidates for Astarotte's harem , well i think or it'll only focus on Astarotte & the guy development.

About the "Semen" lol , they described it as "Life-seed".
Her mother got +3000 hunks since her 10 years , that's a lot , is she still alive or ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 19:28   Link #84
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
While i was watching it , i remembered of Zero no Tsukaima(when for a new season..)
Girl's harem ? Yeah , it changes of male harem but seems like the male lead will have his own harem too. Probably the Drama plot will be about some others candidates for Astarotte's harem , well i think or it'll only focus on Astarotte & the guy development.

About the "Semen" lol , they described it as "Life-seed".
Her mother got +3000 hunks since her 10 years , that's a lot , is she still alive or ?
I've seen the second vol of the manga and yes her mother is still around. All and all it reminds me of a more Echi Hayate. Male lead is a lot older and a bit more mature then most harem leads and tends to treat many of the girls in a fatherly manner, (not suprizing since the girl with him is his daughter and is the same age as Astarotte.)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 20:23   Link #85
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I've seen the second vol of the manga and yes her mother is still around. All and all it reminds me of a more Echi Hayate. Male lead is a lot older and a bit more mature then most harem leads and tends to treat many of the girls in a fatherly manner, (not suprizing since the girl with him is his daughter and is the same age as Astarotte.)
He's not that much older, he's just 23, 13 years older than Lotte and Asuha.

BTW, I'm not sure, but when Asuha crashed into Judit, it looked like she had already revealed her worst and most regular bad habit: nopan. Someone's got to do something about that kid's love of drafts.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 20:39   Link #86
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well it's definitely more than just the age that accouts for how he treats Lotte
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 21:00   Link #87
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
He's not that much older, he's just 23, 13 years older than Lotte and Asuha.
Being over a decade older than someone is "not that much older"?
Old 2011-04-10, 22:03   Link #88
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 22:27   Link #89
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
He was responding to my statement about him"lot older and a bit more mature then most harem leads" which tend to be 16-18. I still say 5+ years qualifies as a lot older. The fact that he apeers to be a single father raiseing a 10 year old speaks vollumes about him and raises quite a few questions some of which I know the answers to but still.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 22:38   Link #90
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 01

Wow, I gotta admit, I'm rather impressed by episode 01. Clearly some nice points here and there, such as object based censors, production quality, some nice bit of music here and there, and of course notably the voices work, which I don't need to state the obvious, but I have to admit, Asuha brought back the Moetan memories

There's one slight ick I noticed, which may be just me thinking (looking) too much into. Seems to me things are going to move slow, if episode 01 is evident of the rest of this series. Not that I have a problem with it, except for the part where I'm just not sure how many eps this series is

Oh, and.... PONYTAIL ALERT!

You know the drill, she's mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
BTW, I'm not sure, but when Asuha crashed into Judit, it looked like she had already revealed her worst and most regular bad habit: nopan. Someone's got to do something about that kid's love of drafts.
I believe she was nopan. Her butt was pretty bare for a girl her size

I'm more worried about her... precious spot down there with no cloth to guard against the elements, her doorway to heaven is open to infection! The horror!

*mangatron runs*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 22:55   Link #91
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The amazing world designed by illustrator okama was the star of ep1 for me. I was much more struck by it than by the Dog Days world, which was pretty good in its way, too.

I've enjoyed the bits of the manga I've read, and although this is approaching the story a bit differently, it still seems on track so far to me. We shall see.

@Asuras -- No worries about inappropriateness for kids: this show isn't for kids. It's on at 1:30 am Sunday nights. The loli pantsu shots won't offend anyone who's actually watching. Unless the governor of Tokyo is up late....

I particularly liked the ED by azusa.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-04-10 at 23:37.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 23:43   Link #92
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
He's 23? He sure doesn't look like it.

I'll give it another episode or two since it stars KugiRie, but it just might be a little too loli for me.

This might be the most perverted role for Kugimuya. Well, besides Mizore's "Let's make babies."
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 01:16   Link #93
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
...but it just might be a little too loli for me.
this. no wonders, lolitron is here.

really, what's up with lolis and overly cute chara designs this season? they're like everywhere...

anyways, I'll try to stick with it for the fanservice (which seems to be of good quality) and for the funny jokes.
but really, a bit too loli for my tastes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Clearly some nice points here and there, such as object based censors
Hm, that usually doesn't bode well. I mean, isn't it unlikely for them to get removed/uncensored in BDs...?
then again, an ova has been announced, so...
Old 2011-04-11, 04:35   Link #94
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I meant not that much older than the typical male lead in these sorts of shows. He's just a few years older than normal, and Lotte's just a few years younger. Together that makes a very big difference, but I don't think this is going to go in a legitimately romantic direction, at least not any time soon. Particularly since that heroine is exactly the same age as the hero's own daughter. A responsible single father who's been dedicated to caring for his daughter is not likely to look at a little girl her age like that. More likely he'll look at her much like a second daughter. And I think that makes the loli aspect a little better for those who're strongly opposed.

Also, this is most definitely not Kugimiya's most ecchi role. I believe that title belongs to RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 04:47   Link #95
Kakkou
Tch.

Ugh, I may as well get this out of the way: I hate Naoya's voice. I already had rock bottom expectations when I found out Rina Satou was voicing him. Terrible miscast; She'd only be suitable for voicing younger Naoya. She should just stick to voicing 10 year old mages, level 5 electromasters and traps.

That side everything else was pretty solid. Nice variety of colours to compliment Yui Haga's original designs and nicely animated to boot. Voices (save for one >_>) were all fitting. The first episode itself had a lot of padding and a fair amount of variation from the manga so Diomedia may be doing they're own thing here. We'll see how it goes. Not bad, not bad.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 05:10   Link #96
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
He's 23? He sure doesn't look like it.
Indeed , i thought he was 14-16 like almost all male harem.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 05:45   Link #97
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Indeed , i thought he was 14-16 like almost all male harem.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-04-11 at 19:01.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 05:45   Link #98
Xacual

His age could be considered a spoiler, it was considered a big deal when it came out in the manga by the other characters...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 06:30   Link #99
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Hmmm, KR's voice sounds right for the character, unlike that of Rose from the Dragon Crisis series.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 06:38   Link #100
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
His age could be considered a spoiler, it was considered a big deal when it came out in the manga by the other characters...
Hmm, I guess that is a spoiler. But it's not too hard to see he's quite older than the girls, ja? At least Judi looks just as young

But yeah, that should be spoil-tagged. In fact, I would welcome the tags more often for this series, I'm a bit out of the loop here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
this. no wonders, lolitron is here.

really, what's up with lolis and overly cute chara designs this season? they're like everywhere...

anyways, I'll try to stick with it for the fanservice (which seems to be of good quality) and for the funny jokes.
but really, a bit too loli for my tastes...

I also think this is a bit too loli, I have not seen any preview whatsoever so my surprise at the production quality is, a surprise. Note that I mentioned "memories of Moetan" in my previous post, when that series aired, I had to steer clear of that thread here because an old stalker friend was seriously gonna drill me on it any chance he can get (I ended up not finishing that series)

Quote:
Hm, that usually doesn't bode well. I mean, isn't it unlikely for them to get removed/uncensored in BDs...?
then again, an ova has been announced, so...
My joke about object censors are clearly a jab at the blinding lights and the dark shadows, seriously, I'd welcome object censors as long as the anime doesn't give me eye cancer

But if they'd want, it shouldn't be to hard to edit those scenes for a BD release, after all scene replacing isn't new, and... they could always supercharge their Specials to the Echii-maxx
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, loli, romance, seinen