AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 10:09   Link #1261
Neji112

I think we're past the point of who's stronger. Naruto and Sasuke are at levels where either character can conceivable beat the other. Naruto is physically stronger than Sasuke by virtue of his near unlimited chakra while Sasuke is more versatile and adaptable as he has access to the near unlimited techniques of the Sharingan. To me it's always been a question of will Naruto overpower Sasuke or will Sasuke out technique/hax Naruto. At least in terms of straight combat potential.

Of course things might come down to a battle of will and there could be the battle of Friendship/Jesus no jutsu vs Hatred no jutsu
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 15:50   Link #1262
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

As strong as naruto may be his weak point in genjitsu
sasuka is not and average ninja so if he uses his brain(like he is known for doing)
he should have 51% up on naruto(1% isn't much but hope you get what i am saying)
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 15:02   Link #1263
Alchemist007
*Author

I wonder if his Kyuubi form might imply immunity to fire? It'd be an easy out for Amaterasu.
Old 2011-09-01, 05:45   Link #1264
HasuMasu
*Artist

Perhaps not, I believe the speed was for that purpose.
Old 2011-09-08, 09:13   Link #1265
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Amaterasu is a fire that will burn the target for seven days-seven nights.
Even if there's such immunity for Fire, it wouldn't affect that much.
Look at Raikage's hand for an easy example ^^;

Personally, I always think both Naruto and Sasuke is always on equal strength.
It's a common cliche. Naruto is a hard worker and Sasuke is the genius one.
Just like how Rasengan and Chidori clashes. A form-manipulation vs element-manipulation.

This is proven by Naruto who always focusing his technique on Rasengan.
Making it much stronger in each time the story developed.

When Sasuke got a lot of "weapons", his "weapon" strength isn't developed.
All of his technique is basically a variant of his previous weapons.
It doesn't make him much stronger than Naruto.

Naruto also have his own specialty, a lot of chakra.
When Sasuke chakra is limited so he need Karin and even W-Zetsu as his back-up.
Right when he always spamming MS since he acquired it

I bet, Sasuke bloodline-limit is the greatest factor for why everyone thinks Sasuke is stronger than Naruto
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 14:49   Link #1266
Pilgrim Elder

Personality wise, Naruto is a thousand times better than Sasuke. He's positive and enthusiastic - he may have been slow, mentally, signs of a poor upbringing (no parents) v.s. the Uchiha with a tight knit clan. Naruto, however, never gives up and has the ability to turn shit into gold. Sasuke, such a lame ass arrogant prick; an introvert, but he will prove to have a kind heart in the end. His brother's love for him, WILL save him. He turned the table on Orochimaru, he will figure something out when the time comes.

Sasuke with Itachi's eyes will become invincible. Naruto + controlled Kyuubi + friends, is untouchable.
Pilgrim Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 10:19   Link #1267
LanceX2

lol? Sasuke better?

If Naruto didnt have 9 tails is a stupid arguement. If sasuke didnt have the Dark seal curse or whatever he would have been WTF pwnd by naruto at the falls.

If Sasuke wasnt given Itachi's eyes he would be a blind bat.

If Itachi didnt GIVE sasuke all his MS techniques he would suck even more.

Please, BOTH Naruto and Sasuke were given special abilities but Naruto was Born with his and developed everything because of himself not somebody handing him super powers every 50 chapters.
LanceX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:50   Link #1268
Aqua Knight

It would be too long if they showed all Sasuke's training.
Remember he trained under Orochimaru over 2 (or 1.5 years), and I bet his training was much more intense then Naruto's goofing with Jiraya.
And how can you train MS without side effects?
Old 2011-09-19, 04:41   Link #1269
HasuMasu
*Artist

Wait wait, how do you train with a weapon that hurts you?
Old 2011-09-21, 04:16   Link #1270
ronin myael
lost ronin

sasuke stronger than naruto? who knows! we don't know yet. i guess we'll see soon enough. but if we're talking about brains and maturity in battle, i'd say sasuke has the upperhand. naruto seems to lack the patience to actually study his opponents and plan a strategical attack/defense. he's the berserker type who just rushes into a fight without thinking much. let's hope he will grow out of that before he faces sasuke for a final battle. he has the brains too if he only bothers to use it.
Old 2011-09-21, 06:27   Link #1271
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hm, actually he did show some brains
when he used the 3rd Raikage's ultimate
sword against him.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:50   Link #1272
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
It would be too long if they showed all Sasuke's training.
Remember he trained under Orochimaru over 2 (or 1.5 years), and I bet his training was much more intense then Naruto's goofing with Jiraya.
And how can you train MS without side effects?
You can in no way prove that Sasuke's training was tougher than Naruto's and that Jiraya only goofed around.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 02:39   Link #1273
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You can in no way prove that Sasuke's training was tougher than Naruto's and that Jiraya only goofed around.
No one can prove it but when Sasuke re-appeared post-timeskip he had obtained many of Oro's snake jutsu, evolved his existing ninjutsu, developed kirin, and also learned genjutsu which he had never used pre-timeskip. The only indication that Naruto had been training those 3 years was an improvement in his taijutsu and kage bunshin. He didn't even learn to form rasengan without a clone.

Whenever Naruto's training is shown, his strength increases in leaps and bounds. So what was he doing during those 3 years? Why did Jiraiya try to get Naruto to control the kyuubi when he could've spent that time teaching him sage-mode or rasen-shuriken?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 07:50   Link #1274
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Hm, actually he did show some brains
when he used the 3rd Raikage's ultimate
sword against him.
yeah, one of the rare occasions that he did. that's why i said he has the brains if only he would bother to use it. the problem with naruto is that sometimes he gets too emotional when he fights. emotions, especially anger, affect your ability to think in a battle. let's hope he has matured enough to learn to control his anger and think first before attacking an opponent.

Quote:
Whenever Naruto's training is shown, his strength increases in leaps and bounds. So what was he doing during those 3 years? Why did Jiraiya try to get Naruto to control the kyuubi when he could've spent that time teaching him sage-mode or rasen-shuriken?
i've always criticized kishi for not giving naruto the ample "training and power-up" during those 3 years. i was really expecting naruto to have learned the basics of sage mode at least but all we got was a genjutsu counter that didn't work on itachi and naruto being able to turn into a four-tail miniature kyuubi, which isn't much of an improvement really. i also don't like the way that naruto seems to only grow after he has had some training. i wish i could see him grow as a fighter while fighting. hopefully this war would show us that.

those training arcs bored me to death! i wanted to fast forward them. i wish kishi had let naruto train off-panel and just surprise us with a new technique like he did with sasuke. but just because he showed us naruto's training and withheld sasuke's, doesn't mean sasuke had the tougher training. it could be that sasuke was simply the quicker study that's why he learned more than naruto did. he's deemed as a genius after all. maybe naruto was too stupid to understand jiraiya's instructions or maybe jiraiya didn't know how to teach naruto properly, who knows? i understand your complaint though, those 3 years seemed like a waste of time. naruto learned sage mode in just a matter of days or at most weeks and yet he had 3 years to train under jiraiya. what did they do during those 3 years, stalk women? lol

Last edited by ronin myael; 2011-09-22 at 08:12.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 09:09   Link #1275
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
No one can prove it but when Sasuke re-appeared post-timeskip he had obtained many of Oro's snake jutsu, evolved his existing ninjutsu, developed kirin, and also learned genjutsu which he had never used pre-timeskip. The only indication that Naruto had been training those 3 years was an improvement in his taijutsu and kage bunshin. He didn't even learn to form rasengan without a clone.

It has been said before, the biggest difference between Sasuke and Naruto is their styles with it comes to battle. Sasuke is a versatile fighter who focuses on multiple types of jutsu, so of course he would learn more techniques in that time.
Naruto on the other hand doesn't vary much but rather improves what he does best, which was what he did in that time.
You have to understand that learning more techniques is NOT the only way to get stronger.

Tell me, if you had a monster with unlimited chakra inside you that gets free every time you get pissed about something and will eventually take you over...wouldn't you rather learn how to control him first? What would Sage-mode and FRS do if he was taken over by the Kyuubi?
Also I do not believe Naruto was ready to start Sage training...hell not even FRS training. The only reason NAruto even went to learn Senjutsu was because Jiraya kicked the bucket and they needed someone capable of beating pain so it was a desperate thing.

Again, Sasuke is the type that learns several techniques and uses them, Naruto is the type that learns only a few and improves them.

Also you mentioned Kirin. Yes Sasuke developed Kirin to be his all powerful finishing move (now its a joke compared to MS sharingan techs) but don't forget that Naruto developed and new secret jutsu as well but could only complete it with Sage mode, we have yet to see it though.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 16:52   Link #1276
Casshern

I didn't say he needed to learn a bunch of new jutsu. I said that whenever we see Naruto's training he always comes out a helluva lot stronger in just a few days. 3 years with Jiraiya only made him a little bit stronger.

And we saw how much it took for Kushina to control the kyuubi; Naruto didn't have any of her jutsu. Then we saw what it took for Naruto to tame the kyuubi and Jiraiya didn't have any of those things at his disposal either. Turning the key and hoping for the best was just crazy. At least if Naruto had sage-mode or FRS he would had power that he could rely on without losing to the kyuubi's influence so easily.

Pretty sure "that jutsu" was 9-tails mode.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 19:24   Link #1277
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sasuke.. a genius? Hell no.. he gets strength from psycopaths, he has YET to earn any of the powers he has been givin...

Also, Naruto is mostly wind style, doesnt wind > lightning? just like Fire > Wind?
Old 2011-09-23, 20:32   Link #1278
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Sasuke.. a genius? Hell no.. he gets strength from psycopaths, he has YET to earn any of the powers he has been givin...

Also, Naruto is mostly wind style, doesnt wind > lightning? just like Fire > Wind?
Naruto only applying Fuuton to Rasengan.

Completely different from Sasuke who applying Chidori as his arsenal weapon.
Sasuke is also good at Katon, don't forget there's Amaterasu also.

If Naruto really wants to win,
He'll really need to apply all of his technique in one fight.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 17:08   Link #1279
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yet he also got Amaterasu without any work =\

No one has noticed that naruto worked for his skills and power?
Old 2011-09-24, 22:39   Link #1280
HasuMasu
*Artist

The source of his insane chakra pool was given to him at birth.