AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-06, 01:30   Link #1
ccardoso
Banned

The homunculus aren't only monsters...

Because they can remember moments of their former self... so it isn't right to define homunculus "monsters created by failed human trasmutations", as they aren't simply monsters who have the shape of their former self. As they can remember their previous life inside of them there must be their previous personality, or at least a part of it.
In fact Wrath, at the beginning, isn't evil: he's an innocent child who doesn't remember anything... after he eats the red stones he becomes evil... the same should be for other homunculus so it should be certain that homunculs aren't evil on their own, but they become like that because of the red stones. Instead the pieces of their former self seem to remember them their previous life and more they remember more they are able to have feeling and so become more human (like Lust).
I can assume that the homunculus is an incomplete version of a dead person so: I mean they aren't simply monsters with the shape of the dead person, but they have the personality of the dead person who sleeps, together with the evil side. The side which gets up depends on what they come in contact with.
Is my theory already known? Is it right or am I totally wrong? Please let me read your thoughts
Old 2004-08-06, 03:00   Link #2
Paiser

Right, but their still monsters.
Since they arent humans. They are called Homonclus. Which they have no souls. Including they are Alchemies work.

Okay they arent monsters. But they are not Human.

Wait they are monster since they kill people and seeks like higher top animals thinks. Get to the top of the food chain. Only monster will make human sacraficial to make Philospehere Stone. Only evil human and monster would to that.
Old 2004-08-06, 03:05   Link #3
wolfi_1412
kid(%)

yep, and you can't bring the dead back to life... except for prophets and Jesus though
Old 2004-08-06, 03:28   Link #4
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser
Right, but their still monsters.
Since they arent humans. They are called Homonclus. Which they have no souls. Including they are Alchemies work.
Yes they aren't certainly humans, as a human can't change his own shape or other absurd things...
In fact I said they could be incomplete human beings and they have their former self inside of them, so they aren't simply evil monsters with no relation with their previous life (I mean only the personality, I know their weakness regarding pieces of their previous body). If this is the case then they aren't a total failure... even because they can remember moments of their past lifes, so they aren't other beings, but they could be the died persons in an incomplete form. This changes a lot the results of human trasmutation, right?
Regarding the fact they're Alchemies work I don't agree: in 5th laboratory Ed say the Homunculus are man-made beings and Envy replys him saying that Homunculus are born, not made. So this means that Homunculus are created by something/someone behind the gate in answer to human trasmutations, not directly by them.

Quote:
Okay they arent monsters. But they are not Human.
They're monsters with the same body composition of Humans, as Ed said during his fight against Greed. So they could be incomplete versions of the dead persons who were trasmuted and the evil side of this incomplete versions is risen by the red stones.

Quote:
Wait they are monster since they kill people and seeks like higher top animals thinks. Get to the top of the food chain. Only monster will make human sacraficial to make Philospehere Stone. Only evil human and monster would to that.
Evil doesn't mean monster... ok they aren't certainly humans, not yet at least...
Old 2004-08-06, 03:29   Link #5
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfi_1412
yep, and you can't bring the dead back to life... except for prophets and Jesus though
You're right, in the real world. But here we're talking about Fullmetal Alchemist world, which is totally different I think...
Old 2004-08-06, 04:27   Link #6
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well they aren't monsters maybe, but you need to kill them anyway... so what's the difference?
Old 2004-08-06, 08:06   Link #7
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Hey, Envy is a monster! Greed said how much he loved being called that!
Old 2004-08-06, 08:18   Link #8
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Hey, Envy is a monster! Greed said how much he loved being called that!
I'm not saying that homunculus are cute babies... I only said that they could be the dead persons who were tramuted, but they are incomplete. If that's so then human tramutations aren't a failure!
Old 2004-08-06, 09:47   Link #9
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
I'm not saying that homunculus are cute babies... I only said that they could be the dead persons who were tramuted, but they are incomplete. If that's so then human tramutations aren't a failure!
Not so, Humonculus are failed human transmutation attempts. They are the hideous by-product that should have resulted in the successful recreation of the person the alchemist was trying to bring back from the dead. Think Trisha's horrific failed mass of organs and bones. This is Sloth before she gets the red water from 'whoever' and becomes a Sin.

Wrath is different because he was delivered to the Gate by Izumi.Even though the HT actually produced a living Humonculus, it clearly failed to return her own living child, and Izumi suffered the loss of her internal organs as penance for her failure.

I'm not sure I'd agree that Humonculus aren't monsters to begin with, by definition they are fake 'shells' that have resulted from the failed attempts. They are monsters because they are neither 'real' nor alive and stand as a reminder of human folly and arrogance in the face of *insert your God here*...
Old 2004-08-06, 13:48   Link #10
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

These are standard definitions of Homunculus, according to scientific records of modern Alchemy.

Homunculus.
1. A diminutive human.
2. A miniature, fully formed individual believed by adherents of the early biological
theory of preformation to be present in the sperm cell.
3. A miniature adult that in the theory of preformation was held to inhabit the
germ cell and to produce a mature individual merely by an increase in size.
4. A tiny fully formed individual that (according to the discredited theory of
preformation) is supposed to be present in the sperm cell.

Paracelsus who was born Philippus Aureolus (1493-1541) took the pseudonym of Theophrastus Bombastus Von Hohenheim.

He once proposed that he had created a false human being through his science. Called a homunculus, this creature stood no more than 12 inches tall and does the work usually associated with a golem. However, after a short time, the homunculus was known to turn on it's creater and run away. The recipe consisted of a bag of bones, sperm, skin fragments and hair from any animal you wanted it to be a hybrid of. This was to be laid in the ground surrounded by horse manure for forty days, at which point the embryo would form. This supposed beast relied upon the theories of spontaneous generation.

Theory of Preformation. Popular 18th century pseudo theory (now discredited) stating that an individual develops by simple enlargement of a tiny fully formed organism (a homunculus) that exists in the germ cell.

--This theory partially applies to be truth for Wrath's birth.
Closed Thread