AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-25, 11:20   Link #261
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNick
well thats up to kishimoto; cuz you see if he would go to oro this whole arc would be useless. either way things are going wrong; tho i am curious to see the outcome
If he were to not go to Oro it will be useless... completely useless.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:28   Link #262
Captain_Dope

There are A LOT of hints that points out that Sasuke will reach Orochimaru no matter happens. If he returns to Konoha then the last 60 chapters have been a waste of time and in vain!
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:37   Link #263
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
There are A LOT of hints that points out that Sasuke will reach Orochimaru no matter happens. If he returns to Konoha then the last 60 chapters have been a waste of time and in vain!

One could say that those 60 chapters would be wasted if the mission fails considering that's what this arc is about: the mission to bring back sasuke. It wouldn't surprise me if sasuke is back in konoha against his will. He'll probably end up in jail locked up and guarded by ANBU ninjas to prevent him from escaping considering that konoha can't allow the sharingan to fall into Orochimaru's hands.

It's very tempting to assume sasuke will definitely get to orochimaru when you think about how the story line will change on the long term but the same thing could be said if sasuke dies or akatsuki kidnapped naruto. Just because a big change is possible doesn’t' mean it will happen; kishimoto might have other plans.

Also, sasuke going to orochimaru will alter the rest of the naruto story line too much and will lead it to a narrow focus imo. Either the series will have to forget about sasuke for a while or it will be all about him training with oro and konoha's battle with the sound. Many things might end up being ignored like kakashi's past, akatsuki, etc...

Unless there's a time jump....
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:41   Link #264
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNick
anyways; i read about some oro hint? am i the only one remembering neji? "you have better eyes then me; go find sasuke" *sighs*
What this most likely means is that naruto knows sasuke well and which ways he would travel. Its definetely not true that naruto's eyes surpass the byakuugan. But as you see, Naruto finds Sasuke fairly fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
It's very tempting to assume sasuke will definitely get to orochimaru when you think about how the story line will change on the long term but the same thing could be said if sasuke dies or akatsuki kidnapped naruto. Just because a big change is possible doesn’t' mean it will happen; kishimoto might have other plans.

If naruto were to get kidnapped by Akatsuki, wouldn't someone have to rescue him? And the series would not revolve around Naruto's life and journeys, which is not a bad idea but the series could no longer be called "Naruto".
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:09   Link #265
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin
The reason why there was no mention of "losing yourself" in chapter 232 is because it was not stated. The flashback Sasuke has of Sakon's statement is only a small portion of what was said in chapter 179. But, there is definitely mention of losing yourself (or free will) in chapter 179.
Thanks, I wasn't completely sure of the inane translation about that and I haven't the manga on this hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Thats true. Kakashi is what, 26-27 years old, and even he has only enough chakra for 4 chidoris. Sasuke is only 12-13, and can already create 2. I imagine he'd probably have enough reserve to create maybe 6 or more by the time he's reached Kakashi's age.
Yeah but remember also that the Sharingan of Kakashi consumes his chakra at a very high rate, way more than for a true Uchiha like Sasuke which explains why he can only do 4 Chidori per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
My point is that once you start a Chidori, you have to charge with it to be at maximum effectiveness. Once you are charging, it is too late to do anything BUT hit your opponent's attack straight on, you can't dodge anymore.
The very meaning of using the Sharingan along the Chidori is to dodge while charging and once again, piercing with the Chidori without charging as Sasuke did some chapters ago works just fine.

Quote:
It's a two step decision. First, he says he needs to put his all into one attack because he doesn't have time. So he dumps all his chakra into a black chidori of death and propels himself forward at high speed. While this is happening, Naruto does the same with Rasengan.
Yeah and it's precisely this part which is stupid and needed only to see the rematch of the Super-Cool-Chidori-of-the-Black-Death vs. the Super-Two-Flavors-Rasengan-of-the-Foxing-Kill.

Quote:
NOW, he has a decision to make. Dodging is most likely not an option. So...does he hit Naruto in the head, and eat the Rasengan? What would that accomplish? At best both of them die. Or, does he hit the Rasengan? He's already charging full-on with the Chidori, it's too late to backtrack and say "Maybe I shouldn't charge, but rather wait and dodge the Rasengan and then charge and hit him". So the best option is to hit the Rasengan and hope his Chidori can overwhelm it.
Yeah it's too late to do what he should have done in the first place which is precisely my point.

On a side note I would add that at the beginning of their fight Sasuke did easily avoid a blow of naruto in middle air whereas he wasn't even using his Sharingan.

It's perfectly possible to avoid this kind of blow in middle air... When Kishimoto wants to.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:28   Link #266
kakash1

Someone said something about naruto summoning gamabunta earlier.. but honestly, do you think that kishimoto would only let naruto have a summon? sauske obviously randomly learned how to summon from no one.. he taught himself how to summon and when naruto summons gama, sauske will summon manda. thats how naruto works. and if the dark chidori hits naruto.. he wont die.. are you guys crazy? this series is called naruto for a reason.

I wanna make a prediction for next chapter.. kakashi shows up and stops the fight. knocking sasugay out. then itachi shows up out of nowhere and kakashi and itachi fight. its gonna happen.
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:33   Link #267
missy1701
Passer-Byer

My friends and I were talking one day, and he said he thinks Kakashi is going to get in the middle of it.

But wouldn't it be funny if Sakura was there.. That would be some serious never-ending drama.
missy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:34   Link #268
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakash1
Someone said something about naruto summoning gamabunta earlier.. but honestly, do you think that kishimoto would only let naruto have a summon? sauske obviously randomly learned how to summon from no one.. he taught himself how to summon and when naruto summons gama, sauske will summon manda. thats how naruto works. and if the dark chidori hits naruto.. he wont die.. are you guys crazy? this series is called naruto for a reason.

I wanna make a prediction for next chapter.. kakashi shows up and stops the fight. knocking sasugay out. then itachi shows up out of nowhere and kakashi and itachi fight. its gonna happen.

And who told you that Naruto would die.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:42   Link #269
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
First, you have to make clearler the eye part, as i'm still reading it as if Naruto has better eyes than Neji's Byaukugan.

SEcond, if you think that Naruto can hold Kabuto's strength by his own, then you are crazy indeed. Kabuto has more strength especially when it was normal Naruto, not Kyuubi Naruto. He could have escaped Naruto's hold, but he didn't for the reasons that i tiold you in my previous post. That's like saying that Naruto can do that to Kakashi, and Kakashi can't escape Naruto's grip, which of course is impossible.

Third, Let see if the rasengan can pierce the wing and then killed Sasuke, which of course it won't happen. He may damage a wing but that about it, PLUS REMEMEMBER Sasuke has his full sharingan not to metioned altered by the cursed seal.

Fourht, if you think that Naruto was scare only obe time, then i recomend to you that you re-read the entire series. Sasuke was afraid of a Sannin, the most powerful one of the three, but he still fought it. Its not about been fan but giving the facts straight.

Fifth, WTF you are talking about, Kishimoto had them fight equally, why do you think Sasuke got the heaven seal and the cursed seal level two, to have a equal fight.
Umm man, the Rasengan as far as we know is the strongest Jutsu (minus Mangekyoku Sahringan) so I'm pretty sure it could take apart a wing, easily at that. The Yondaime made the jutsu, and that jutsu was his legacy. He wasn't an ordinary ninja because he managed to defeat the Kyubii. This proves the reasengan is powerfull when done with just normal Chakra. Narutos is being amde with Kyubii Chakra, one of the most powerufl in the Naruto-verse. IE Sasuke's wings could EASILY be shreded up and there'd still be time for Naruto to slice and dice sasuke.

Where exactly did naruto freeze up? If I'm not mistakened he stopped a Summon from killing Sasuke. Tell me exactly what chapter he freezes up in so I don't have to redl the whole arc. Bring some facts into this. Naruto fought a Sannin as well, hell, he's chalanged all of them .

Also where in the manga does it say Oro is the strongest Sannin? Nowhere. If you say/think it was implied in someway tell me where/how. The only impression I got from the manga was:

ORo is scarred of Itachi, thinks hes weaker then Itachi. Itachi admits Jirayia is a strong opponent. Only conclusion i cna draw from the course of this story is, that Jirayia is stronger then Oro.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:43   Link #270
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The very meaning of using the Sharingan along the Chidori is to dodge while charging and once again, piercing with the Chidori without charging as Sasuke did some chapters ago works just fine.
They never said that, only that

1) charging at full-speed makes it easy for your opp to counter
2) you need Sharingan to see that counter

There was never any statement that you were supposed to dodge that counter. My impression was that by counter they mean it's easy for the OPPONENT to dodge your attack and hit you, and you are supposed to see which way they dodge and where they attack from and beat their attack with the chidori. There's no proof either way, but I'd rather believe the explanation that doesn't say the manga is stupid.

Quote:
Yeah and it's precisely this part which is stupid and needed only to see the rematch of the Super-Cool-Chidori-of-the-Black-Death vs. the Super-Two-Flavors-Rasengan-of-the-Foxing-Kill.
Which part? First, he comes to the entirely logical conclusion that he needs to do his most powerful attack, the one most likely to be able to penetrate Naruto's chakra shield and do damage that he can't heal, because he doesn't have time to experiment with different things to see what will work. Then, once they are both headed straight at each other at top speed with no more ability to dodge, he comes to the also entirely logical conclusion that it is better to hit the Rasengan and hope he can overwhelm it than to simply trade hits and both die.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:45   Link #271
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Guess the possibility of someone being between them at the end is out of the question now that I seen the pages put together. Wonder who is going to die though. Im kind of anxious now, I mean, I'm just surprised at how the manga is going, but excited that next week is POSSIBLY the end of this arc.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:54   Link #272
missy1701
Passer-Byer

I doubt anyone's going to die.. maybe the two forces will cause some kind of explosions and they hurt each other or something.. I dont think Sasuke will die though, he has more issues to deal with as the series goes on.
Old 2004-09-25, 13:19   Link #273
Lathmeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Umm man, the Rasengan as far as we know is the strongest Jutsu (minus Mangekyoku Sahringan) so I'm pretty sure it could take apart a wing, easily at that. The Yondaime made the jutsu, and that jutsu was his legacy. He wasn't an ordinary ninja because he managed to defeat the Kyubii. This proves the reasengan is powerfull when done with just normal Chakra. Narutos is being amde with Kyubii Chakra, one of the most powerufl in the Naruto-verse. IE Sasuke's wings could EASILY be shreded up and there'd still be time for Naruto to slice and dice sasuke.

Where exactly did naruto freeze up? If I'm not mistakened he stopped a Summon from killing Sasuke. Tell me exactly what chapter he freezes up in so I don't have to redl the whole arc. Bring some facts into this. Naruto fought a Sannin as well, hell, he's chalanged all of them .

Also where in the manga does it say Oro is the strongest Sannin? Nowhere. If you say/think it was implied in someway tell me where/how. The only impression I got from the manga was:

ORo is scarred of Itachi, thinks hes weaker then Itachi. Itachi admits Jirayia is a strong opponent. Only conclusion i cna draw from the course of this story is, that Jirayia is stronger then Oro.

You wont have to read the manga far to find where Naruto freezes.

Naruto Froze up for the first time in his first real 'battle'. Volume 2, in chapters 9 and 10. he starts to freeze up again in Volume 2, chapter 13, but remembers his oath never to do that again, and he has never backed down from a fight since. Sasuke also started to freeze up when faced with that Jounin battle too, but he overcame it.

On a side note, I would like to know how it would be possible for Sasuke to block with his wings AND strike someone at the same time? Are we thinking that Sasuke will strike through his own blocking wing to get at naruto or something? Those wings are huge and ungainly.

I don't know if any of you have ever used a shield before, but you can't have it both ways. You defend OR attack. not both at once.
Lathmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 13:29   Link #274
missy1701
Passer-Byer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathmeer
You wont have to read the manga far to find where Naruto freezes.

Naruto Froze up for the first time in his first real 'battle'. Volume 2, in chapters 9 and 10. he starts to freeze up again in Volume 2, chapter 13, but remembers his oath never to do that again, and he has never backed down from a fight since. Sasuke also started to freeze up when faced with that Jounin battle too, but he overcame it.

On a side note, I would like to know how it would be possible for Sasuke to block with his wings AND strike someone at the same time? Are we thinking that Sasuke will strike through his own blocking wing to get at naruto or something? Those wings are huge and ungainly.

I don't know if any of you have ever used a shield before, but you can't have it both ways. You defend OR attack. not both at once.
His wings are kinda gay, I mean, they look maybe semi cool, but they're weird. And he has some funky makeup going on.. Creepy. I'm seriously liking where its going. But i really hope the next chapter kind of ends it so we can move on and find out what happened to Chouji (DONT DIE!!) and Neji (YOU TOO).
Old 2004-09-25, 13:36   Link #275
Lathmeer

Yeah. Sasuke's lipstick i could have gone without seeing.
Lathmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 13:39   Link #276
Satoru

Of course nobody will die. Cut it out. Why should Kishimoto kill main characters like Kakashi or Sasuke and let Kiba the weak dogninja survive? You guys with your strange death theories can be glad if there is at least one death in this arc...Chouji. It sure is a matter of opinion but I would bet money on this.

Great Naruto Quiz...
Did you notice the mistake in chapter 232? (It's on page 12)
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 13:41   Link #277
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
First, you have to make clearler the eye part, as i'm still reading it as if Naruto has better eyes than Neji's Byaukugan.

SEcond, if you think that Naruto can hold Kabuto's strength by his own, then you are crazy indeed. Kabuto has more strength especially when it was normal Naruto, not Kyuubi Naruto. He could have escaped Naruto's hold, but he didn't for the reasons that i tiold you in my previous post. That's like saying that Naruto can do that to Kakashi, and Kakashi can't escape Naruto's grip, which of course is impossible.

Third, Let see if the rasengan can pierce the wing and then killed Sasuke, which of course it won't happen. He may damage a wing but that about it, PLUS REMEMEMBER Sasuke has his full sharingan not to metioned altered by the cursed seal.

Fourht, if you think that Naruto was scare only obe time, then i recomend to you that you re-read the entire series. Sasuke was afraid of a Sannin, the most powerful one of the three, but he still fought it. Its not about been fan but giving the facts straight.

Fifth, WTF you are talking about, Kishimoto had them fight equally, why do you think Sasuke got the heaven seal and the cursed seal level two, to have a equal fight.
yare yare im gone for a sec and it all starts over again

first; neji said it himself; neji says naruto is capable of getting sasuke out of the darkness cuz naruto has better eyes. ( if you remember naruto once said "again one with special eyes" thats why neji said it

second kabuto himself said he couldnt get away

third you saw what the chidori did with naruto when it hit him; rasengan is stronger then chidori and thats stated by jiraiya and kakashi and kakashi made the jutsu so he knows best eh

fourth; yes sasuke fought him; thnx to naruto. naruto said something and sasuke was like OMFG youre darn right; naruto wasnt the one scared of oro. and that sannin talk is BS cuz at THAT time they didnt even KNOW he was sannin; mind you naruto was willing to fight tsunade when he found out she is sannin; he wanted to fight oro as well.

as for the last point. think straight; i already know theyre equal; YOU for one DONT. since all i heard out of you is how sasuke is going to kick naruto's ass; equal huh?

next time read before posting

and yes indeed it would suck if sasuke got back to konoha; but if he goes to oro the scene with neji talking to naruto would be useless. one way or the other its going bad ( unless itachi takes naruto or sasuke )
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 13:44   Link #278
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
One could say that those 60 chapters would be wasted if the mission fails considering that's what this arc is about: the mission to bring back sasuke. It wouldn't surprise me if sasuke is back in konoha against his will. He'll probably end up in jail locked up and guarded by ANBU ninjas to prevent him from escaping considering that konoha can't allow the sharingan to fall into Orochimaru's hands.

Also, sasuke going to orochimaru will alter the rest of the naruto story line too much and will lead it to a narrow focus imo. Either the series will have to forget about sasuke for a while or it will be all about him training with oro and konoha's battle with the sound. Many things might end up being ignored like kakashi's past, akatsuki, etc...

The arc isn't about the mission the arc is about Sasuke choice to go to Oro.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 13:45   Link #279
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
Great Naruto Quiz...
Did you notice the mistake in chapter 232? (It's on page 12)
You mean where Itachi's forehead protector doesn't have the line through it? Meh, maybe it's an old picture XD.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 13:46   Link #280
skillosopher
Dr. J

Send a message via AIM to skillosopher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalavita
And the genius term really sucks in Naruto. The only true genius in the series should be Shikamaru for now since they call talented people geniuses. (And they call Naruto the dead-last even when he beats all the so called geniuses up.)
i totally agree. there are too many geniuses right now.

lee = genius of hard work
sasuke = genius
kakashi = genius
shika = genius
neji = genius
oro = genius
naruto = genius of never giving up

all these people have been called geniuses...its kinda...mmm...overabundant.
skillosopher is offline   Reply With Quote