AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-27, 23:02   Link #201
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I like Mountain of Faith as an introduction to the "newer" generation of Touhou games, but Perfect Cherry Blossom is good too. Its Easy mode feels the hardest to me out of all the Windows games, although Normal mode is barely any harder compared to the difficulty jump of the others.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 04:44   Link #202
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Touhou 13 is announced. From what I can read, it seems a trial will be available in the upcoming Reitaisai (March 13th).
Summer Comi will be delicious
Old 2011-03-21, 03:16   Link #203
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Too bad Reitaisai 8 got canceled, I was really looking forward to playing Touhou Shinreibyou.

I hope that the festival will be held after the current situation calms down. There's quite a long wait until the next Comiket...
Old 2011-03-21, 03:27   Link #204
Ota-kun
v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

It'll be a heated conflict of circles now that two events coincide with each other. R8 or C80?
Ota-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 05:35   Link #205
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.D. View Post
Too bad Reitaisai 8 got canceled, I was really looking forward to playing Touhou Shinreibyou.

I hope that the festival will be held after the current situation calms down. There's quite a long wait until the next Comiket...
http://www.moetron.com/2011/03/20/re...d-for-may-8th/

Comiket 80 is on August 12-14, so there are still a gap between them, no worry.
Old 2011-03-21, 16:29   Link #206
Honoakari
Lurking Member

So Reitaisai 8 will be held on May 8th... That's about seven weeks from now.

At least ZUN now has enough time to improve the Shinreibyou demo.
Old 2011-04-15, 13:39   Link #207
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

The demo for 13 was released and I was playing around a while ago. Coming from someone who hasn't really enjoyed any of the post Mountain of Faith titles, I gotta say the demo was really really cool and really really bleh at the same time. Why is it cool? Because Youmu's character should become the new standard for the series. The insanely powerful charge shot which requires close distance and good timing makes this game so much more fun than any of the recent titles for me. It was really refreshing seeing something like it in it. The bleh? The first three stages were relatively easy, and overall I still don't think it has any of the really awesome patterns that first got me into this series, like those present in PCB.

That said, Youmu really is stealing the show here. It completely changes the way you play this game and makes it much, much more risky, yet offering a huge pay-off in terms of sheer power. You can easily capture a spellcard with as few as 4~5 charged shots from Youmu -- considering, of course, you can open your way through the bullets to get close. It's like playing a Shoot the Bullet game, in a way, except the bullets don't disappear and the charge is way faster. Really nice stuff.

Other than that, there's a system that when you die you get really powerful/invincible for around 10 seconds, but I'm not quite sure how it works yet. Much like the blue/green/purple ball thingies which pop up everywhere, which I also have no clue what they're being used for. The "Ultra Mode" after death thing is interesting, though, since if it proves to be useful for scoring it could make suicide an option to improve on scoring in certain parts.

Anyway, playing with Reimu/Marisa/Sanae felt like more of the same, which might be good for you, but Youmu actually made this demo fun for me. Coupled with the death system thingy, it's offering some variety which could make up for a really fun game. I'll be waiting on the full ver.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-04-15 at 13:53.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:29   Link #208
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

The spirit things come in four colors - red, which adds 1 to your life counter; green, which adds 1 to your bomb counter; blue, which adds 10 to your maximum point item value; gray, which adds to your "Trance meter" (I'm not sure how much each one adds, but the maximum to trance meter is three "flame symbols".

Trance is automatically activated when you die with at least one flame symbol in your trance meter, and you can also manually activate Trance by pressing C when you have a full trance bar (3 flame symbols). During Trance, you're invincible, your shot is really powerful, and all the non-gray spirits are worth more (blue spirits now add +100 to max point item value, and red/green spirits are worth double now). Downside is that if you encounter a spellcard while under Trance, you automatically fail it (so if you die when you know the next attack is a spellcard, you might want to consider not shooting all the time if you're OCD about capturing spellcards like I am). After Trance wears off, you die properly if you activated it by dying, but obviously if you manually activate it you'll be fine afterwards.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 17:53   Link #209
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Demo is fun. Wonder if ZUN is going to add more of the red (purple to me) spirits in the final product, because I think I only saw enough for one additional life...so that might make 1ccing a full game rather difficult.

3rd boss gimmick is nice and requires suicide rushes I usually don't enjoy doing to actually capture cards.

I'm more of a Normal difficulty person, but I'll experiment on higher difficulties to see the ramp up in the new game to see if I can handle it a bit better.
Old 2011-04-19, 11:51   Link #210
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just can't stop laughing .
Old 2011-04-19, 16:32   Link #211
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Somehow, I feel sorry for Sakuya fans.
Old 2011-05-17, 05:53   Link #212
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Has there been any news on the release date so far?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 12:11   Link #213
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I suppose this is the reason why Marisa attracts girls and builds a harem despite being a washboard :

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 17:04   Link #214
DKN117

Hey, there IS a Touhou thread! I'm new to the fandom, see, and I was looking around...

Been writing a (NSFW) fanfic where Reisen finally turns the tables on Tei/Tewi and implements "Punishment Time!" for the little prankster rabbit. This is a funny (SFW... though I can't say where your imagination might lead with it) scene I came up with:

Spoiler for SFW Clip from "Reisen's Revenge":
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 00:12   Link #215
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm just reminded that there is a cosplay contest going on by Otaku House, and there are several Touhou cosplayers out there, but the noteworthy one is this one. Too bad he's failing out of the top 5. What's worse? The one who is taking the fifth place is one of the fail cosplayer that just has many friends =.=.

Just like the image if you want to vote for him. Let the worthy one remain .
Btw, spread this one around if you have time.
Old 2011-07-14, 00:34   Link #216
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
This was supposed to be a thread about the GAMES, not about derivative works or fanon.
Old 2011-07-14, 00:44   Link #217
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I think Touhou needs a sub section XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 01:15   Link #218
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I think Touhou needs a sub section XD
I agree, it has its own image thread Image, counting this game thread, and even a SOTM dedicated to it. But there must be a reason there wasn't one created yet.
Old 2011-07-14, 09:39   Link #219
DKN117

Yeah, I only posted my fic clip here BECAUSE there is apparently no Touhou Fanfiction Thread.

On another matter, I will now randomly say that Reisen ("Awesome Little Bunny Who's Also Good For Her Sex Appeal") is my favorite Touhou character.

(Looks at "Age" stat, looks at desk calendar, grins)
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 20:48   Link #220
Seitsuki
Onee!

Ooh, forgot we had a game thread too xD I think most of our general chat just went on in the Image thread.

If you want a dedicated fan creation thread though, you could always just make one!

Tags
game, ps vita, touhou