AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-25, 15:32   Link #121
Yamada II

Finale

That was kinda sad. Koutaro did all that shit but ended up having to kill Kagari anyway. Feeling sorry for poor Koutaro. He lost his family, his friends, he betrayed his comrades, he killed his mentor, but ended up killing the one person he didn't want to. Though he did save the planet, but not in the way he wanted to. Poor guy. He still gets Kagari on the moon, but that's not what he really wanted. And after he gets summoned. Damn he looks cool. Lol he becomes a familiar with a mind of its own.

I liked this season. The prequel was good too, but this felt better. The part on the moon made little sense, but the following part was cool, especially since we got a badass sonuvabitch Koutaro. The strongest parts were where Koutaro was being mean to Kotori after she became a druid. What Koutaro did went beyond mean. It was cruel. She was a little girl who lost her family. Not everyone is as strong as Yasmin to bear through this harshness, yet Koutaro was being so cruel to her. Those emotions, man. Really felt sorry for Kotori. But Koutaro was doing it to keep her away from all this shit to keep her safe. If he really hated her then he wouldn't have told Touka about her. I liked those choices thing they showed where Koutaro chose from a number of options regarding his next step. Those were cool.

Overall, pretty cool stuff here. Liked the second half 8in particular.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 16:56   Link #122
Blueknight78

ok getting ready for peoples dislike my opnion and maybe rant over it but whatever.

ok basically koutaro ended really being a lolicon and what is funny he saying to kotori to be carefull with lolicons while himself being one and he ended with the moon kagari while the arth kagari died and what really happened at that tree top he killed the bitch???? who killed all that guys??? what happened, again a very confuse end here for a very confuse season.

ok overal last episode was a 6.5 /10, while i liked it most, this episde and the previous one, the overal serie really was bad, really bad.

overal poor development for characters, very confuse plot, very bad pace, really feel rushed a lot, flashbacks poor derived, main character weird developments and many others troubles.

while i loved the first season and was hyped for the second all the hype died during the season with all the terrible pace and the fact which in order to understand what is happened was need a lot of explanations from others peoples due to anime really poor explannation and maybe hope which everyone watching the anime already had played the game which is really bad, while some anime only watchers could understand what was happening not everyone could and it's a big narration problem.

this episode with the 11 if had come more earlly or at last character development where proper developed things could get better, i feel this anime could be better if it was a 24 episodes or 36 to have better development.

another problem was all the others characters which basically in first season become important in second they become just "nothing", all of this was about koutaro and everyone else become just a background characters with little to none importance to plot development and just "tools" for koutaro and the plot, specially the main girls even kagari become just a background character while we are forced to deal with one of the worst mc ever.

and here koutaro the guy which big issues of "personality or maybe a bipolar character which sometimes is a emo, another a cry baby then a genocide murder which keep changing personality in a "speed of light" with almost 0 proper development or transition he just "wake up" and now i'm a badass murder kille after previous day being a emo cry baby coward.

for this episode 6.5 /10
for the season overal 3/10 just for the "poor background characters" which where much better than the crap mc and that bad plot, if really the game is like that i probably never could go play it, games like that much confuse and bad plot and character development are not my cup of cake for me little burst from that team was much better than this anime, it really turned out in a bad disappointment.
Old 2017-03-25, 21:29   Link #123
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this whole season felt so rushed and then theres Kotarou change just so much so fast

6/10
Old 2017-03-26, 00:24   Link #124
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 01:33   Link #125
Pen3

Not enough of best girl Akane.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 19:15   Link #126
VTHokiePride

Glad they added some humor at the end with the girls' reaction to Kotarou and Kagari being reunited.
Old 2017-03-27, 19:56   Link #127
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

While I think they at least made this Season 2 some kind of justice (so much skipped parts all through the end), but in essence, this feels like an advertisement to the game.

... Yeah I hope we get a reboot 5 years down the line.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 21:10   Link #128
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And yep, I knew it, S1 ED was telling the actual end after all. Kotarou became the tree, although I don't know how Chihaya is included in this since she was absent in Terra? Which reminds me, there's some huge imbalance with the heroines in Terra. Like sure Kagari has the most (her route) and Kotori is not far behind (her druid), while Akane still gets a decent amount (Sakura's replacement). But the Guardian Girls are in just one scene, while Chihaya is non-existent lol.

Looking at it, it seems Kagari/Kotori/Akane are written by Tanaka, and him writing Terra as well, maybe that accounts the screentime discrepancies?

Poor Jasmine though. All alone in an ice age world. What happeened to the other kids? Maybe they're still surviving with her, but the anime had to cut it out due to budget.

Dafaq was Kagari doing in the moon though? I thought Moon Kagari sacrificed herself to give them one more chance, so it can't be her. So it must be Terra Kagari, but why was she in the moon in the first place? Logic states that 'liquified people' go to the moon (and it was shown she was 'liquified'), but Kagari isn't a 'person'; she's supposed to be the embodiment of the EARTH's immune system. She should return to Earth.

Now I have to reach by thinking that the Moon is just a splinter of Earth, so they're pretty much one and the same, so Kagari being there shouldn't be a surprise. Even then though, it doesn't explain why she manifests on the moon, and that Kotarou had to go all the way there to be reunited with her. So yeah, so many questions even in the end, which is quite sad.

Man, just needed 1 more episode to further develop Kagari/Kotarou's Terra relationship, and 1 more episode to expand the climax, and that would have addressed my concerns with this show. Such a shame that the first season had 13 episodes, while this had only 11. Or maybe this only had 11 because the first seasons didn't do too well? Little Busters easily did 10k, while this one didn't even break 2k. Might have put a big downer on the budget; such a shame really, since S1 IMO was great while they dropped the bomb here, and a couple of episodes would have made a world of difference.

That said, it was entertaining at least. The Tanaka heroines at the very least I truly enjoyed, while I was just kinda meh with Lucia/Chihaya/Shizuru. Kagari was amusing with her obsession with feecof, Akane was the driver most of S1 (shame her personality here was pretty much Moon Kagari 2.0), while Kotori was the most dynamic since the Kotori/Kotarou relationship here is NOWHERE near what they had in S1. So if the anime got anything right, at least it was with those three.

Overall, S1 is a solid A, while S2 by itself is a C. S1 had great pacing from beginning to end and I actually adored the story despite the SoL focus. S2 on the other hand had the most interesting things happen in it, but the pedal-to-the-metal speed left some parts empty while other parts hanging. For a finale, that's some big deductions in my book, though as I said before, the series didn't need much more for it to be great. Oh well, can't win everything.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 02:35   Link #129
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Wow, that was actually a good finale. I didn't think I will pick up Season 2 after that horrible first season, but I'm glad I gave the show another chance. I think S2 pull a 180 over S1, and it was for the better. It was a good season overall. I enjoyed it especially the Akane scenes, damm best girl.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 04:08   Link #130
tsunade666

I haven't watched the rest yet. not much a fan of terra and for me. it ended in moon but just to be clear. there are two kagari. moon and terra. just think of her as avatar of the planet's. or celestial bodies that embodies the miracle of aurora. I haven't watched the anime so I can't be sure but if your thinking of the small bud of flower in the moon then that is what was left of moon kagari, after sacrificing herself to have earth one more chance for salvation.
Old 2017-03-29, 11:56   Link #131
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Don't both Kagari share their memories together? This show is confusing as hell, so I don't really know what the hell I just watch this past two seasons.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 03:58   Link #132
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Managed to watched the ending and I thought that Sakura Kashima will hear Koutarou Tennouji that hating humanity is wrong.... But alas, she died which missed that opportunity.

Lastly, glad that both Koutarou and Kagari reunited again even though she was killed by Tennouji at the climax of the story. As for the rest though, looks like both humanity and Earth are saved, but it appears that civilization was reverted to the stone age.

Gotta say that the second half is better than the first one.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote