AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-14, 05:27   Link #1101
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
She already won a couple of duels in the first season. Do you selectively erase that from your memory? And she lost against Specter for her character to grow from the cutesy idol.
No i just forgot about it since she's so dull 90% of the time.

Quote:
She's more of a hero since now she changed her view from fighting for herself to fighting for others near/at the end of Season 1.
She goes from fighting for herself.... and usually failing... to being a mercenary for her brother... and losing

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 06:28   Link #1102
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think it's a bit unfair to expect somebody to win if winning would be bad.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 07:08   Link #1103
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
No I just forgot about it since she's so dull 90% of the time.
Ok. Nice that you can admit your own fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
She goes from fighting for herself.... and usually failing... to being a mercenary for her brother... and losing
She's doing what she believes to be a good thing. Also, just one episode ago, she actually saved the lives of two people. One by giving her own getaway-device and another by persuading Emma to give hers. Sometimes, the sign of a good character is not always about winning a fight.
Old 2018-06-14, 09:32   Link #1104
Blueknight78

Quote:
Blue Angel won against Baira, one of the strongest generals of Hanoi who Revolver trusted like a parent and able to wipe out dozens of SOL's AI duelists army in an instant with Faust (not even Playmaker managed to do that, facing two AIs were already difficult for him to the point where Blue Angel needed to help him). Baira is not a fodder, far from it. The three Hanoi generals only lost in the show because they went against the protags. Also, it's Aoi's win that freed hundreds of people from their coma before the "Tower of Hanoi" project. So, Aoi had done a very significant thing by herself without any help from Playmaker. That's actually very impressive compared to other YGO heroines.

She's more of a hero since now she changed her view from fighting for herself to fighting for others near/at the end of Season 1.
normally i would avoid "your replays", but if you read my previous post i talked about it, which that was the "one" character above fodders and probably middle level which she beat" all the others where just "fodders" even the AIs, beating "fodders" is the most important thing she must do if she want to have any dignity, remeber she was a "champion" them winning against hanoi knights and SOL fodders is the first thing we must wait from her and go onizuka.

And when i talked about "hero" was her time in the battle for the cyber world" where her best achievemnt was beat the woman then become a damsel in distress for a second time terrible losing to especter where she tried to "show why she is blue angel" and failing terrible as specter laught of her.

Outside battles indeed help that 2 guys" to logout is being her "best action" so far in this arc since the fused guy also where fodders which where eliminated as soon as they lost, as i told alexis in gx beat much more enemies middle to top tier (not counting fodders) tham she and even at the beginner, you have exemple of strong girl in yu-gi-oh and another problem is her talking about "how important is to her win (nakama motivational speech) and lose terrible it make her "speech too dumb" like onizuka, if you are gonna to lose them don't do that it make her and his defeats looks less patheric at last,

Don't hype a character to be the "awesome character" in the beginning just to make them do really bad most of the times, it make hard to believe in they being "really strong" as they where supposed to be.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-06-14 at 11:47.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 11:39   Link #1105
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
normally i would avoid "your replays", but if you read my previous post i talked about it, which that was the "one" character above fodders and probably middle level which she beat" all the others where just "fodders" even the AIs,
And Baira is a proof that Aoi did not only beat fodders. Baira is middle-to-top level duelist.

Quote:
beating "fodders" is the most important thing she must do if she want to have any dignity, remeber she was a "champion" them loosing to hannoy knights and SOL fodders the first thing expectate from her and go onizuka.
What the hell is this? Can you write this in a more comprehensible manner?

Quote:
And when i talked about "hero" was her time in the battle for the cyber world" where her best achievemnt was beat the woman then become a damsel in distress for a second time terrible losing to especter where she tried to "show why she is blue angel" and failing terrible as specter laught of her.
She beat Baira and that made Baira released all the comatose people (hundreds of them) before "Tower of Hanoi" was activated. That's a big thing since the comatose incident was already a major event. She can be hailed as a hero from that deed alone. After Tower of Hanoi was activated, she lost to Specter (because he is that good) and she just became data like everybody else, including the strong Go & Ghost Girl. It's not like the show went out of its way to make Aoi the sole "person in distress". She simply joined thousands of other victims at the time.

Quote:
Outside battles indeed help that 2 guys" to logout is being her "best action" so far in this arc since the fused guy also where fodders which where eliminated as soon as they lost, as i told alexis in gx beat much more enemies middle to top tier (not counting fodders) tham she and even at the beginner, you have exemple of strong girl in yu-gi-oh and another problem is her talking about "how important is to her win (nakama motivational speech) and lose terrible it make her "speech too dumb" like onizuka, if you are gonna to lose them don't do that it make her and his defeats looks less patheric at last,

Don't hype a character to be the "awesome character" in the beginning just to make them do really bad most of the times, it make hard to believe in they being "really strong" as they where supposed to be.
How many lives did Alexis saved in GX without the help of the MC or her other friends? Aoi saved hundreds by herself. Aoi might not be one of the best duelists in Vrains, but she already deserved to be called a hero by SB. And she's still growing.
Old 2018-06-14, 11:49   Link #1106
alex_drian

Something about Aoi suffering is strangely revitalizing for me, somethings it happen with some characters and not is that I hate them, really, is simply like this. In this season happens with Honey too.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 12:07   Link #1107
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's not like I'm fanboying on Aoi either. I still don't like her attitude & decision last episode. She acted stubborn and quick to make a challenge to a duel when she could've talked it out more. I mean, even Emma saw the folly in that action. It wouldn't hurt to try spend more time talking to the Ignis & their human-pairs about everything.
Old 2018-06-14, 12:33   Link #1108
Blueknight78

Quote:
And Baira is a proof that Aoi did not only beat fodders. Baira is middle-to-top level duelist.
i doubt baira is "middle to top, let's check what she did??, she beat the AIs which where beaten by playamaker and AOI which the only feat was beat hanoi knight fodders", that is her "feat"??? right??? she only was beating SOL fodder army.
Quote:
What the hell is this? Can you write this in a more comprehensible manner?
wrong words, already fixed, was typing too fast without paying attention sometimes i do that and only later try to fix my mistakes, really srry.

My point here was which she was showed as being one of the 2 top duelists in this city, this means which she and go onizuka where supposed to be at last between middle and top, but it's seens which before PM come everyone was just subfodders level(like level 0 or 1 at best), then they where like using numbers fro 0 to 10, they where like 4 ad everyone else was between 0 and 2(2 to hanoi knights), before playmaker.

Quote:
She beat Baira and that made Baira released all the comatose people (hundreds of them) before "Tower of Hanoi" was activated. That's a big thing since the comatose incident was already a major event. She can be hailed as a hero from that deed alone. After Tower of Hanoi was activated, she lost to Specter (because he is that good) and she just became data like everybody else, including the strong Go & Ghost Girl. It's not like the show went out of its way to make Aoi the sole "person in distress". She simply joined thousands of other victims at the time.
she "dont made baira release the peoples" it was baira which did on her own decision to her "promise" which if she loose she will release them and don't forget which she was the same person which already was "ploting" to betray the leader among the other guy, she already was planning in do that based on what they where talking, blue angel was just lucky to stumble in the "right person" and remember before that she was "herself a victim and hostage and was thanks to pm which she was released, because she was fooled in use a virus card.

Quote:
How many lives did Alexis saved in GX without the help of the MC or her other friends? Aoi saved hundreds by herself. Aoi might not be one of the best duelists in Vrains, but she already deserved to be called a hero by SB. And she's still growing.
and when they goes to the other world to save jaden and also had to help the peoples from that world and also when the school was being attacked and she also helped, she could not had saved a whole town or world in one time but she saved a lot of peoples.
Old 2018-06-14, 13:23   Link #1109
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
i doubt baira is "middle to top, let's check what she did??, she beat the AIs which where beaten by playamaker and AOI which the only feat was beat hanoi knight fodders", that is her "feat"??? right??? she only was beating SOL fodder army.
PM & BA beat two AIs. Only two, and they needed a considerable amount of time to beat those AIs. Baira & Faust beat dozens (if not hundreds) of those AIs in an instant. The moment the duo came, those AIs were dropping like flies.

Different scale, different numbers, different duration, different skills. Please understand that.

Quote:
wrong words, already fixed, was typing too fast without paying attention sometimes i do that and only later try to fix my mistakes, really srry.

My point here was which she was showed as being one of the 2 top duelists in this city, this means which she and go onizuka where supposed to be at last between middle and top, but it's seens which before PM come everyone was just subfodders level(like level 0 or 1 at best), then they where like using numbers fro 0 to 10, they where like 4 ad everyone else was between 0 and 2(2 to hanoi knights), before playmaker.
Remember that Go & BA are only "champions" of entertainers. They were basically celebrities like WWE wrestler & idols. Hanoi, on the other hand, are terrorist like Al-Qaeda or IS that will use dirty methods if necessary. Power levels can vary in that case. Remember how the three Hanoi generals can summon Data Gale for their advantage? Yeah, it's already a big achievement that Go & BA were able to win against them. It's like Hulk Hogan & Britney Spears managed to defeat Al-Qaeda members in a gunfight .

Quote:
she "dont made baira release the peoples" it was baira which did on her own decision to her "promise" which if she loose she will release them and don't forget which she was the same person which already was "ploting" to betray the leader among the other guy, she already was planning in do that based on what they where talking, blue angel was just lucky to stumble in the "right person" and remember before that she was "herself a victim and hostage and was thanks to pm which she was released, because she was fooled in use a virus card.
Don't forget that Baira only came out because she wanted to capture PM. She would not let the comatose people go before she can get to PM. But Aoi's win actually inspired her to release the comatose people anyway despite the consequences that she'd receive.

Also, what's the problem with Aoi fallen victim to a hacker-terrorist? Like I said, she's a teenage online-pop-idol, not a mercenary. You can blame the victim for being foolish if it's someone like Emma who knows the inside-out of criminal underbelly.

Quote:
and when they goes to the other world to save jaden and also had to help the peoples from that world and also when the school was being attacked and she also helped, she could not had saved a whole town or world in one time but she saved a lot of peoples.
But Alexis/Asuka did those with her friends, right?

All in all, whatever Asuka did in GX, it doesn't negate Aoi from deserving of being called a hero due to the numbers of people that she saved.
Old 2018-06-14, 13:41   Link #1110
Blueknight78

Quote:
PM & BA beat two AIs. Only two, and they needed a considerable amount of time to beat those AIs. Baira & Faust beat dozens (if not hundreds) of those AIs in an instant. The moment the duo came, those AIs were dropping like flies.

Different scale, different numbers, different duration, different skills. Please understand that.
not really all the AIs use exactly the same deck and tactical, because that was "the best deck for them, if you deck can beat one, then you can beat all unless SOL manage to change they decks once they relased which that dack and tactical is not work anymore, the worst case could you have really bad lucky in get bad draws.

It was liking fighting the power rangers fodders army in the sense which all of then have the same strengt and tactic, that is why they started to drop more and more fast, because the guys already knew the AIs decks and tactics and since they already have counter for that, then they just become numbers and no more a threat.

Quote:
But Alexis/Asuka did those with her friends, right?

All in all, whatever Asuka did in GX, it doesn't negate Aoi from deserving of being called a hero due to the numbers of people that she saved.
usinf that logic then AOI also need help from PM and GO to defeat the hnaoi she don't win alone, following your logic about friends, in both cases was a war of one side against other side not just AOI x hanoi, it was BA, GO and PM vs hanoi.
Old 2018-06-14, 14:05   Link #1111
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
not really all the AIs use exactly the same deck and tactical, because that was "the best deck for them, if you deck can beat one, then you can beat all unless SOL manage to change they decks once they relased which that dack and tactical is not work anymore, the worst case could you have really bad lucky in get bad draws.

It was liking fighting the power rangers fodders army in the sense which all of then have the same strengt and tactic, that is why they started to drop more and more fast, because the guys already knew the AIs decks and tactics and since they already have counter for that, then they just become numbers and no more a threat.
I'd say you have a weird scale in measuring character's skill.

For example, Red Ranger might be able to beat 10 Putty Patrols in five minutes, but if Green Ranger can beat 100 Putties within the same duration then that's a mark of different skill (Green Ranger is better). It's common sense.

Quote:
usinf that logic then AOI also need help from PM and GO to defeat the hnaoi she don't win alone, following your logic about friends, in both cases was a war of one side against other side not just AOI x hanoi, it was BA, GO and PM vs hanoi.
I was talking about how Aoi fought Baira by herself. She did not receive anybody's help or support during that fight in terms of dueling.

It's not like the fight with the AIs when BA helped PM to defeat the AIs. Even though they didn't fight together at the time, but they actually work together separately. Like a separate team. With Baira, BA was on her own.
Old 2018-06-14, 14:24   Link #1112
Blueknight78

Quote:
I'd say you have a weird scale in measuring character's skill.

For example, Red Ranger might be able to beat 10 Putty Patrols in five minutes, but if Green Ranger can beat 100 Putties within the same duration then that's a mark of different skill (Green Ranger is better). It's common sense.
we where talking about the "AIs skills levels which where the same and in a card battle the "losing of stamina" and get tired i much less than a "real battle in hand to hand" which i means if you have a natural endurance to beat 100 guys from the same level in 5 minutes, then they skills and numbers don't matter because you alread was ready to beat them, the some goes to PM, BA and GO which also where defeating the hanoi knights fodders before the SOL AI come to help and also try to get PM, if the 3 of them could keep beating the fodders of hanoi at non stop why the middle tiers could not do that with the sol AI fodders.
Quote:
I was talking about how Aoi fought Baira by herself. She did not receive anybody's help or support during that fight in terms of dueling.

It's not like the fight with the AIs when BA helped PM to defeat the AIs. Even though they didn't fight together at the time, but they actually work together separately. Like a separate team. With Baira, BA was on her own.
they also have fights without any one near them to fight and win and even with that it's don't change the fact which they won "alone" it not was a team battle, if we are taking that in account then all the original yugi battles where a 'team" victroy, and not just yugi victory because he aways had his friends cheering for him, if having friends near or cheering for you means which you don't won alone then basically almost none yu-gi-oh mc aways wins "alone" since they had many times fighting to protect someone or have someone cheering for them, your argument is really weak on that
Old 2018-06-14, 16:11   Link #1113
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I still don't think there was much to talk about. Aoi's mission is to get the Ignis, Soulburner and Playmaker's aim is to not let that happen. A duel was inevitable.

That's what happens when you're on opposing sides. You duel.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 16:29   Link #1114
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I still don't think there was much to talk about. Aoi's mission is to get the Ignis, Soulburner and Playmaker's aim is to not let that happen. A duel was inevitable.

That's what happens when you're on opposing sides. You duel.
well but emma herself not was really looking for a duel like AOI, shje was fine just looking for "air ignis", the one calling for a dual was AOI wanting to "shiny and showing how she "improved", if she not had did it and stay quiet like emma maybe things could had go in another way, like emma was trying to be more "sneak and smart".
Old 2018-06-14, 18:22   Link #1115
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
we where talking about the "AIs skills levels which where the same and in a card battle the "losing of stamina" and get tired i much less than a "real battle in hand to hand" which i means if you have a natural endurance to beat 100 guys from the same level in 5 minutes, then they skills and numbers don't matter because you alread was ready to beat them, the some goes to PM, BA and GO which also where defeating the hanoi knights fodders before the SOL AI come to help and also try to get PM, if the 3 of them could keep beating the fodders of hanoi at non stop why the middle tiers could not do that with the sol AI fodders.
You need skill to face hundreds at the same time, compared to facing 10 or 2 at the same time. Also, if PM & BA's episode was anything to go by, the AIs will not take turns to attack you. If one is facing you in a duel then the others will attack you physically (like what they did to PM). It needs a great skill to keep on dueling while other AIs are attacking you (even PM couldn't handle two at the same time).

Quote:
they also have fights without any one near them to fight and win and even with that it's don't change the fact which they won "alone" it not was a team battle, if we are taking that in account then all the original yugi battles where a 'team" victroy, and not just yugi victory because he aways had his friends cheering for him, if having friends near or cheering for you means which you don't won alone then basically almost none yu-gi-oh mc aways wins "alone" since they had many times fighting to protect someone or have someone cheering for them, your argument is really weak on that
Weak argument? My argument was that Aoi is worthy to be called a hero. And given the amount of people she saved, she deserves it.

What you're doing, on the other hand, is only comparing her to other heroines, which doesn't negate Aoi's status of a hero. You can keep comparing her to anyone, but the fact that she's a hero won't change.
Old 2018-06-14, 18:31   Link #1116
Blueknight78

Quote:
You need skill to face hundreds at the same time, compared to facing 10 or 2 at the same time. Also, if PM & BA's episode was anything to go by, the AIs will not take turns to attack you. If one is facing you in a duel then the others will attack you physically (like what they did to PM). It needs a great skill to keep on dueling while other AIs are attacking you.
if you can win in a single turn all of them them you don't need "skills", like you let all of them make they have they first turn, then if you have the deck redy to beat them in one turn all you need to do is wait for your turn and delvery your finish combo as already happened before in the series with the heroes fighting x 2 or 3 guys at same times, what is matter is how your deck is ready to swoop in one single turn, beting multiple guys at same time or beating guys in a single turn already happened before and again before the 2 hanoi comes and the AI come, all the 3 AOI, PM and GO already where clean the hanoi knight in a fast pace too, this means which is not that "ultra feat" beat many fodders as possible as long you deck is strong enough to beat them fast and clean as possiuble, at last is that what the anime show, now if you want to "proof opposite, them let's just disagree.

Quote:
Weak argument? My argument was that Aoi is worthy to be called a hero. And given the amount of people she saved, she deserves it.

What you're doing, on the other hand, is only comparing her to other heroines, which doesn't negate Aoi for being a hero. You can keep comparing her to anyone, but the fact that she's a hero won't change.
let's just disagree right i really don't like to waste my time with you, definitely.
Old 2018-06-14, 18:41   Link #1117
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
if you can win in a single turn all of them them you don't need "skills", like you let all of them make they have they first turn, then if you have the deck redy to beat them in one turn all you need to do is wait for your turn and delvery your finish combo as already happened before in the series with the heroes fighting x 2 or 3 guys at same times, what is matter is how your deck is ready to swoop in one single turn, beting multiple guys at same time or beating guys in a single turn already happened before and again before the 2 hanoi comes and the AI come, all the 3 AOI, PM and GO already where clean the hanoi knight in a fast pace too, this means which is not that "ultra feat" beat many fodders as possible as long you deck is strong enough to beat them fast and clean as possiuble, at last is that what the anime show, now if you want to "proof opposite, them let's just disagree.
But that's a big "IF". The fact is, the AIs do not operate that way. If one duels you, others will physically attack you. And those who can wipe hundreds of them in a matter of minutes is still very skillful. I mean, imagine the stress of facing hundreds at the same time. It's like when you have to play chess and win while you have hundreds of other opponents trying to stab you when you're playing (and you have to do that multiple times. That's what Baira & Faust did). You need to have real concentration skill and focus to keep dueling while other AIs are physically attacking you (something that even PM couldn't handle).

Quote:
let's just disagree right i really don't like to waste my time with you, definitely.
Yes, because you comparing Aoi to other heroines has no effect on her hero status. She saved hundreds of people = she's a real hero for it. End of discussion.
Old 2018-06-14, 19:24   Link #1118
Blueknight78

Quote:
But that's a big "IF". The fact is, the AIs do not operate that way. If one duels you, others will physically attack you. And those who can wipe hundreds of them in a matter of minutes is still very skillful. I mean, imagine the stress of facing hundreds at the same time. It's like when you have to play chess and win while you have hundreds of other opponents trying to stab you when you're playing (and you have to do that multiple times. That's what Baira & Faust did). You need to have real concentration skill and focus to keep dueling while other AIs are physically attacking you (something that even PM couldn't handle).

Yes, because you comparing Aoi to other heroines has no effect on her hero status. She saved hundreds of people = she's a real hero for it. End of discussion.
to just end that, they battle was full offscreen, we don't know what they did to beaat then, they could have just used some "virus" to just kill most of them, it not was clear how they beat them we just know they beat.
Old 2018-06-15, 00:39   Link #1119
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
to just end that, they battle was full offscreen, we don't know what they did to beaat then, they could have just used some "virus" to just kill most of them, it not was clear how they beat them we just know they beat.
Yes, we don't know what actually happened there but as a result, you can't use it to diminish Baira's skill either.
Old 2018-06-15, 11:04   Link #1120
Blueknight78

Quote:
Yes, we don't know what actually happened there but as a result, you can't use it to diminish Baira's skill either.
ok, you know which "physical skills" and play card game skills are two different things, and even with that, unless they where a sort of "superman" or flash or batman x1000, is impossible for a person beat let's say 100 peoples in less than 5 minutes in the conditions you are bringing, because he not only have to play but also dodge attacks and does that make him loose time, then no matter how you are trying to sound "reasonable it's not, the only way it could be remotely done could be as i told if him had challenged all at once time and even with that, the time he have to wait for each one to have they turn and make they moves could still count and based on number still make impossible for them to do that, that is why is hard to believe in your "logic" you are using the "toon" force ot super human powers logic or "anime logic" or whatever you want to call to say which someone can beat many enemies playing card in the speed of light.

For the last time again physical skills x from playing card skills.

Battling 999999999... guys which use the same deck and same tactics is the same of battle the same guy using the same deck and same tactics 99999999999, the worst case scenario could be he ending fatigued to have to use his brains too much times in so short time when comes to "card skills" but others sorts of card skills, like be ready to counter different tactics and bla bla bla will be meanless, because all you need is keep repeating the same play over and over, if you deck already have all the cards and trick needed to beat one deck and one tactics then don't matter numbers or "skill" because the result will be the same, you gonna wins by default the only big matter here is fatigue, but in they case since they are flying the physical skill prowess will be important to avoid being knocked out by "dirt tricks" but in the game itself no, because if they where battling peoples like PM or BA or GO which don't "cheat" and don't need to have to need physical skills it will not count, it will count at best for herself to avoid obstacles in the track;

them her physical skill against BA was meanless since BA don't do what the AI's do all she needed was play normally.

at this point this will be my last replay to you and really probably my last replay to any other time or post or thread.

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series