AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 22 31.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-08-02, 11:49   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Sword Art Online II - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sword Art Online II, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 11:59   Link #2
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Best episode so far. That virtual slap mark
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 11:59   Link #3
Gravitas Free Zone

I wonder how much infodumping we'll get next episode. The LN put more weight into the you-know-what than the anime did.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 12:15   Link #4
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Fuck you. That's all I have to say to you SAO II. Don't end the episode there!!!####$#$%$%%.

10/10.

Lol, that was the best episode so far, even though it was almost slightly hammy when Kirito stabbed that other guy and it almost took too long (but then it didn't).

That was an excellent episode. And now I get what the staff is trying to accomplish in terms of confusing the audience. Well-played.

That was wonderful. This is probably my favorite show this season, and it may be my favorite animated arc of anything if this trend continues. Every episode quells the questions people made in the previous episodes... they're doing pretty well with this so far, got to say.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 12:19   Link #5
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yep - not bad at all.

So Death Gun bears the insignia of the Laughing Coffin guild. Hmm. Was that their name? The ones who just decided to kill folks in game knowing full well they were killing people in real life? Implying he was an SAO survivor who was part of that guild (and remembered Kirito the swordsman from SAO) and is now apparently doing something similar in terms of killing people in GGO?

Talk about an unexpected surprise!
Old 2014-08-02, 12:26   Link #6
Mr Nr

Once again another very good episode. I feel like this season is much better then the first season in so many ways. Ah yes Shino finally knows that Kirito is a male and at the worst possible time too . Although I do respect Kirito for not being all horny though and politely not look too much. So hey his a gentleman at best although yes he did deserve that slap and probably knew that too. Shino also wants to teach Kirito the face of defeat. Whether that will happen or not we will see. I'm just praying to the anime gods that she doesn't fall into the harem pit. The first round with Kirito was rather interesting and explains (kind of sort of) how he will able to use a light saber (I'm just going it that because I forgotten what it originally was called) in a gun fight. So that was pretty cool although I thought it would mean instant death if you get stabbed where in this it did took a while for the guy to die. And oh hey Death Gun decided to congratulate Kirito on his victory whether his the real deal. Interestingly he (or she you never know) was part of Laughing Coffin (I think they were called) although who is he we aren't sure but I'm guessing next episode we might know given it seems Kirito does know him. Another solid episode for an already improved season if it keeps up like this it might actually be fun to watch and is interesting and I don't have to yell at the screen when my tears aren't delicious.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 12:30   Link #7
Key Board
Carbon

no StarWars joke, yet?
I guess all used up last week?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 12:35   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, that's a good shock value moment for Kirito. Not only determining this Death Gun is an SAO survivor, but also a member of Laughing Coffin. A group going around murdering people because they could. Well guess I"m not surprised those psychos weren't able to be tossed in jail considering the secrecy that was put on the whole situation.

Might be a stretch for Kirito to presume he met this person. I mean there has to be a ton of people he never interacted with in SAO. His reputation and that big duel he was in would be enough for someone to identify him. Though I'm sure if they had Kirito thinking he met this person he actually did. Story power .

Oh boy, Kirito really got it in this one from Sinon. It was bound to happen at some point. I'm not sure if that was the optimal time to reveal it...but considering he needed to de-equip to get ready to fight I guess that was the last moment he could.

Did a decent job in the first fight. At least making it a difficult thing for him to get in there and attack. I kind of preferred the action music for the first series more, but the battle itself was fine.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:38   Link #9
HandofFate

Decent episode.
Lots of explanation talk, but its expected.

Not sure why Sinon would care that Kirito sees her, its not like its her real body, and it doesn't even look like her real self. Oh well.

Sword vs Gun battle was neat. Not too short, not too long.
I think the guy screaming after Kirito stabbed him was a bit long and drawn out though. Would have preferred a quick stab thru and him having a regular scream or surprised face, and that's it.

Wonder how many are going to equate Kirito's SAO Survivor thing with Rape Survivor analogies.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:38   Link #10
Jerseykid

when the music started at 16:30 i thought they going to play "smack my b!tch up", sounded very similar
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 12:46   Link #11
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Decent episode.
Lots of explanation talk, but its expected.

Not sure why Sinon would care that Kirito sees her, its not like its her real body, and it doesn't even look like her real self. Oh well.

Sword vs Gun battle was neat. Not too short, not too long.
I think the guy screaming after Kirito stabbed him was a bit long and drawn out though. Would have preferred a quick stab thru and him having a regular scream or surprised face, and that's it.

Wonder how many are going to equate Kirito's SAO Survivor thing with Rape Survivor analogies.
It's her alter-ego. Since it feels like a different her, Kirito seeing Sinon naked, feels like him seeing the stronger side of her personality in a vulnerable position.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 12:59   Link #12
hamazura
whatever

im not surprised by bullet slashing jedi.
i just remember yesterday they explained how the bullet has prediction trajectory line.
ez
Old 2014-08-02, 12:59   Link #13
Kakurin
大佐

So my hunch was right after all. Death Gun is that Laughing Coffin dude.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:03   Link #14
M.A.D

Lol, Kirito used the Force without being told to. Also, the opponent had the sword stuck in him for 5 seconds before he died. That's so brutal, it's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
no StarWars joke, yet?
I guess all used up last week?
It's ok. We can reuse them throughout the season.

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia

Last edited by LKK; 2014-08-02 at 14:22. Reason: removed spoiler
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 13:06   Link #15
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
can anyone tell me the theme or song title for the music playing right when this episode starts? n I don't me the op theme.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:11   Link #16
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
can anyone tell me the theme or song title for the music playing right when this episode starts? n I don't me the op theme.
Sounds like an altered and abridged version of swordland.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:11   Link #17
Darthtabby

The handling of that changeroom scene actually increased my confidence in this adaptation. I was expecting an "oh sheesh" kind of scene but it was handled about as well as a scene like that could really be handled.

I had some issues with how they handled the fight between Kirito and the other tournament hopeful though. Its hard to believe he could block that many shots that fast, or even that he'd know which order to block them in. Maybe they should have had him dodge most of the shots and just block the few that he couldn't dodge?

Also, since Kirito's pistol is more of a distraction weapon it might have been cool if he missed most of his shots but was able to make his enemy panic and mess up.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 13:13   Link #18
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

this ep makes me think Sinon's friend is death gun. that focus shot when kirito came back from his match to show he was there.. very suspicious. or he get killed by death gun. I'm going with he is death gun because kirito can't have real competition for a girl, so if he is a bad guy its ok that she stop liking him and goes for kirito. hope i am wrong i'm sick of that copout.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 13:17   Link #19
ookamigirl

Bullet of Bullets tournament is a go!
Sinon was teaching him a last few things.
Didn't expect him to confess he was a guy LOL
She took it as expected..
He was following her like a puppy afterwords ROFL
So things have stared moving.. finally!
His first battle was challenging, but he found a way pretty fast.
Damn, he is definitely more suited for the sword.
That visit from the death guy was sudden & fast.
Didn't expect it so soon.
Still, Kirito came to some interesting conclusions.
Seems like SAO will follow him forever.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 13:23   Link #20
Wandering Soul

Kirito cant escape his past since Laughing coffin is here to oppose him even in a different game.

Kirito could no longer hid his real gender and needless to say Sinon was not amused. Jedi Mace Windu I mean Kirito wins without much hassle but it was still an alright fight.