AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-04, 06:08   Link #461
Ultragunner

^ of course , he's the one guy that divert the series from falling down to a dark sh*thole of a ending

I was just trying to stir up some fun thought

Speaking of which, the manga also reached its end (I think so?). This reminds me of FMAB and both the anine and manga ended at pretty much the same time, NICE!
Old 2017-04-04, 08:48   Link #462
_Ninja_

Looking back at all the Kanai stuff has me thinking that perhaps he was deliberately not meant to be understood. Akane, after his marriage proposal, says, "I'm still always calculating". Kanai isn't calculating anything though, he just loves her without reservation. And you can't put that into words.

You're aren't supposed to logic it out. And especially Akane wasn't supposed be "calculating" the things that he says he thinks are lovable about her. Because that can't be captured into a list of traits. Akane -- especially Akane because of her abnormal relationship with emotions -- was just supposed to feel it with no conditions or hooks to "calculate" what she's feeling.

So we are left with the mother issue, that's rather vague because those come in a thousand different colors. Because we aren't meant to unpack and pin it down into a bunch of words either. Love is messy and illogical and blind (symbolized by Kanai breaking his glasses).
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 00:15   Link #463
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 09:48.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 01:40   Link #464
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
The image that drains your sanity

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 04:54   Link #465
Ultragunner

a "pyramid scheme" I should say
Old 2017-04-15, 09:30   Link #466
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episodes 7 to 12:
Well, what an ending to this anime series. Seems that Akane Minagawa end up marrying Narumi Kanai instead of moving onto another guy, just to pull an NTR to some girl. Still, I'm worried that their marriage won't last long.

As for both Hanabi Yasuraoka and Mugi Awaya, looks like they end up being heart-broken now that their respected crush just got married. Heck, I'm aiming for both of them to hook up but alas, they end up going to their separate ways...

Gotta say, Lerche did an amazing job on this adaptation!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 00:45   Link #467
Justice_Rises

*Finds thread of my most hated anime ever.*

Kuzu no Honkai board.... Darkness.... My old friend..... We finally meet.

What a stinking.... pile... of....shit.....

And when EP's 11-12 came.............. I FLAT OUT LOST MY COOL. BECAUSE AFTER SEEING THAT, I DO NOT EVEN WANT TO BOTHER GIVING IT A DECENT RATING.

I absolutely depise Narumi and Akane... I hated their storyline, I hated those dickheads equally, and flat out want to murder Narumi for being a total complete moron.

piece of shit series from start to finish. every character is a total dick...

IF there's ever a blu-ray, I'll stab it, i'll kill it! I'll eat it's discs... SOMETHING MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN EVER WATCHING THIS AGAIN.

*Takes a deep breath*

There. I've spoke my peace.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 02:08   Link #468
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
秋の野のけしきが浮んで来た。萩、なでしこ、りんどう、女郎花などの秋の草花が咲いていた。野葡萄の実は、 まだ青かった。
「斜陽」

葛 4 came out today, as it happens...
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 20:12   Link #469
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the ost came out today. the music for this show was great.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 22:37   Link #470
Verso Sciolto
Banned

In related news, ANN reports: ""Scum's Wish" Spinoff Manga Launches Next Month".
Quote:
"Kuzu no Honkai décor" teases story after "many seasons pass."
Announcement on the "Monthly Big Gangan magazine" site, "BG 2017 Vol. 12 Start" (Japanese), with illustration:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

... would also be nice if someone recorded this "Live-Drawing" event with Yokoyari-sensei and hosted the video somewhere public.

Might as well tag this Yokoyari news on as well ... ANN October 28: ""Scum's Wish" Creator Yokoyari Draws New 1-Shot Manga
Quote:
""School Zone" to run in "Big Comic Superior" on November 10"
- as a tribute to Yokoyari's "Mega Heart", which a.o. ran in -now defunct- "Hibana" magazine.

Natalie posted a preview of the title page for "School Zone"

November 25:
Had a look at the preview pages for Digital Big Gangan at midnight and quite like the glimpses it provides from "Kuzu no Honkai décor". Nice cover and poster art, interesting time skip with in-depth explorations - all promised with that first instalment. Kamomebata's story -"the girl who dreamed of becoming a princess"- to lead us back in.

The first chapter, titled: "地下鉄のシンデレラ". A title which is most likely a continuation, a variation on a theme, of the musical references people pointed out for the first series too - probably: (Cinderella on Subway) by 土岐麻子 (Asako Toki) this time.

Looking forward to reading the rest of this too.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-11-25 at 03:04.
Old 2018-05-10, 21:46   Link #471
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Sentai Filmworks grants "Scum's Wish"
Quote:
HOUSTON, TX, May 10, 2018 – Sentai Filmworks today announced it acquired exclusive distribution rights to the acclaimed anime series, Scum’s Wish, for home video and electronic sell-through in for USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Adapted from the manga by Mengo Yokoyari, serialized in Square Enix's Big Gangan, the 12-episode series’ striking visuals, courtesy of Lerche (Monster Musume, School-Live!), envelope the story of young lovers who each ache for the unattainable, unreciprocated love of another.

[...]

Sentai Filmworks’ releases will include an English-language subtitle version and an English dubbed version produced by Sentai Studios. The dub is now in production [....].
The spin-off manga, "Kuzu no Honkai décor", is ongoing in Square Enix's monthly Big Gangan magazine.