AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-26, 13:11   Link #81
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
the part about Todomatsu, was that meant to be a parody of an actual reality show? like is it popular?
As far as I'm aware it wasn't a parody of anything specific, more like a more general parody of the sort of sensationalist coverage of sports tabloid programmes. But I could be mistaken.

It was a fun episode, though after the outstanding Christmas episode of S1 I kind of expected more... oh well, I laughed so I guess all is well. Aside of the Totty segment, my favorite was the New Year's card skit, Osomatsu drawing dicks on his was the best.

(Irino Miyu is never going to live down his stint in the US, is he... )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 13:25   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This time I genuinely felt bad for Totty. Nobody deserves to be treated like this.

Most of the new year's skits were amusing. I think I like the first one the best. Simple and effective.
Old 2017-12-26, 13:54   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I almost always feel bad for Totty. He's basically perpetually punished but being relatively normal and not being satisfied with being an abject failure and a social pariah his entire life. It was nice to see a skit basically acknowledge it.

The irony here is Totty is right - he really is those goofs' best chance to graduate from perpetu-virgin status, if only they could get past their petty jealousy enough to let it happen.

Also: loved that the scouts with their "radar guns" at the tryout were Miyazaki, Hosoda, Shinkai, etc..
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 00:58   Link #84
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Seems like I skipped the episode (s) that I missed out on the previous Nyaa/Totoko 1/2 shorts. Anyone rememer what they were about?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 16:32   Link #85
kuromitsu

1. The Sanematsu skit was near genius.

2. Osomatsu-san is apparently incapable of having a bad opening.

3. That ending, though... what on earth was that? I'm not sure if I'm expected to laugh, feel weird, feel offended, or feel trolled (<-- the last one, probably). Like, I get the joke, I just don't quite understand what I'm supposed to think about it.

4. The Choromatsu incident is one of the best stories from both seasons so far.

But seriously, wtf was up with the ending. Does someone really hate the show? Is it a weird expression of love? Is it a deep, well-thought out meta commentary on the Osomatsu-san phenomenon? Are they just taking the piss? I'm confused. I need to lie down.

(Although if I think about how the ending might have come about, that is funny...)
Old 2018-01-09, 08:49   Link #86
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/896165466091143171/

VIZ announced that an English track will be produced.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 09:33   Link #87
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

that Sanematsu part, lord, that was depressing.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 12:45   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a great episode. I liked the Sanematsu skit, but the Choromatsu incident definitely took the cake. I loved how the three younger brothers were trying as hard as they could to spare Choromatsu's feelings and then Osomatsu arrives and just ruins everything with his insensitivity (and Karamtsu, though well intentioned, rubbed salt in the wound)
Old 2018-01-10, 16:49   Link #89
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a great episode. I liked the Sanematsu skit, but the Choromatsu incident definitely took the cake. I loved how the three younger brothers were trying as hard as they could to spare Choromatsu's feelings and then Osomatsu arrives and just ruins everything with his insensitivity (and Karamtsu, though well intentioned, rubbed salt in the wound)
All the while I was like "man, Choromatsu was smart to have brought these three, Osomatsu would have already skewered him", and then Osomatsu walked in.
Old 2018-01-15, 18:10   Link #90
kuromitsu

They continue to have way too much fun at Irino Miyu's expense with Irino Miyu's stay in the US,

This episode was, again, a great one, with great skits. I don't think I could choose a favorite - the bin skit was oh-so-relatable, the Karamatsu Taxi scene hilarious with an evil punchline (but of course) and the Totty Quiz was just Osomatsu-san at its best.

Question of the day: so, er, are we supposed to think that only Choromatsu and Ichimatsu chose manjuu over karintou? (That, er, might explain some things about why the others can't get girlfriends, huh. ) But I seriously don't think that Osomatsu, at the very least, wouldn't have a mind dirty enough to get the joke... so the right answer was karintou and not manjuu? That might explain some things about Totty...
Old 2018-01-16, 13:05   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The jar skit brought forth so many memories. I liked the ending.
Old 2018-01-23, 17:46   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kin-chan was the best thing that happened to the brothers this season. They actually managed to build a healthy relationship with her. Too bad her stay was short lived, but it wouldn't be Osomatsu-san if the brothers were happy.
Old 2018-01-24, 10:31   Link #93
kuromitsu

I'm not sure I "felt" this episode, it was just too... soft? Not mean enough? Not Matsu enough?

I get that the joke was supposed to be about Totoko being jealous that another girl diverted the attention of her adorers (and also how whipped the brothers are), but all the while I was waiting for the punchline and it just never came. The guys were just basically completely decent all the while, nobody was a perverted dick, nobody did anything particularly embarrassing, etc... and even Totoko came around in the end! Who are these characters?! What "the brothers are actually pretty nice and not dicks and all" AU fanfic did I just watch?!
Old 2018-01-24, 11:00   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was one of the best chapters of the series for me, not on the level of the Jyuushimatsu girlfriend episode but in the same vein. I think tragicomedy is something this series is very good at, and this was in that vein. Someone (a small-town girl, not coincidentally) treats them decently, and they turn out to be decent guys. Totoko is more enraged by that than anything else, and by the end both she and they slip back into their depressing trough.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 14:13   Link #95
Dop
Mmmm....

Now that was an excellent episode.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 16:39   Link #96
kuromitsu

HASHIRE IYAMI!

I don't know about excellent, but this episode was leagues better than the previous one, I wish they'd found a way to go about that like they did this time. The self-awareness, Iyami being Iyami and the other characters being more or less themselves tempered the maudlinness, and even with that it was a genuinely good Iyami piece. (It made it pretty obvious how and why the previous one wasn't a good Totoko piece, or even a sextuplets piece.) And it just makes so much sense for the brothers to be Chibita's underlings.

Also, I just really love this show's music. Even the more casual BGM is really fun and stylish in a kind of retro way, and this time they just went all-out with the pathos which was pretty nice.

And the preview... god help me, it seems they're finally doing a Valentine's skit.
Old 2018-02-06, 03:29   Link #97
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

man, the trying to cure the blind girl story, that was an emotional roller coaster.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 12:28   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was actually a really touching story. I kept waiting for the punchline, but there was none.
Old 2018-02-12, 14:06   Link #99
Dop
Mmmm....

Dekapan has a button, a bigger and more powerful button, and his button works.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 15:21   Link #100
kuromitsu

Yeah, that wasn't particularly subtle, was it.

And wow, OK, it's Valentine's day but Totty just continues quietly going off the deep end there. I suppose it's better this way, though, I think nobody would have needed to hear what Totty really thought of them...

Tags
comedy, gag comedy