AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-08, 03:27   Link #441
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I did a quickie look at 51 and it seems to me like the end is near.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 03:32   Link #442
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Yeah I mean translate them later. Some groups do extras when they come out with tanks.
i doubt they would do it..its already licensed..already doing it is a risk already
Old 2014-04-11, 13:19   Link #443
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i doubt they would do it..its already licensed..already doing it is a risk already
Just like what happened with Higurashi. I get irritated because I keep backups of everything but I understand that it's illegal to scanlate once licensed. I'll just have to deal with it.

Chapter 51 does seem like it's bringing us closer to the ending. I hope it's not a sad one, although anything involving zombies has a hard time ending in any other way.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 18:00   Link #444
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
Chapter 51 does seem like it's bringing us closer to the ending. I hope it's not a sad one, although anything involving zombies has a hard time ending in any other way.
IMO it has more to do with the fact that this manga is too damn realistic, it hardly deserves the "supernatural" tag since zombies here have roots in science, not magic or supernatural entities/energies that raise the dead from their graves. As such we are at a point where I can no longer think of how to bring a happy ending, the best thing that can happen at the moment is making Rea snap out of her confused state by stuffing her with leaves but then she would be sent into a Lab for the rest of her life :/
Old 2014-04-13, 01:23   Link #445
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
IMO it has more to do with the fact that this manga is too damn realistic, it hardly deserves the "supernatural" tag since zombies here have roots in science, not magic or supernatural entities/energies that raise the dead from their graves. As such we are at a point where I can no longer think of how to bring a happy ending, the best thing that can happen at the moment is making Rea snap out of her confused state by stuffing her with leaves but then she would be sent into a Lab for the rest of her life :/
The dead coming back to life is supernatural. Zombies do not have their roots in science, there's nothing scientific about it.

There was never going to be a happy ending. She's a Zombie. Unless the author does a giant ass-pull, the story does not have a happy ending. The best one could hope for is the story ends with Rea being frozen with the hope that one day a "cure" can be found - since her father is looking for one.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 02:18   Link #446
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightSaidFred View Post
The dead coming back to life is supernatural. Zombies do not have their roots in science, there's nothing scientific about it.
There are zombie insects and zombie plants IRL, so you can not really discard the possibility that a parasite or virus (probably man made) could have the effects we normally associate with zombies. Also, in the sankarea universe zombies are the product of a chemical connoction, not some kind of voodoo ritual, therefore they are not supernatural.
Old 2014-06-10, 02:12   Link #447
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Sankarea Zombie Romantic Comedy Manga to End by November
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 12:07   Link #448
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Chapter 53
I wonder if there's actually some hope for good ending now that he has returned.
Old 2014-06-13, 12:32   Link #449
Homura7

It's gonna be one hell of irony if the main culprit why this shit started in first place ends up becoming the savior. And I'll love it.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 03:09   Link #450
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
There are zombie insects and zombie plants IRL, so you can not really discard the possibility that a parasite or virus (probably man made) could have the effects we normally associate with zombies. Also, in the sankarea universe zombies are the product of a chemical connoction, not some kind of voodoo ritual, therefore they are not supernatural.
Really? Your examples aren't what you think they are. When the term "zombie" is used to describe a plant or insect it doesn't mean something that is dead. The term "zombie" means mindless. There are no zombies anywhere in nature. I can't believe I have to say that. Wow.

SankaRea is supernatural. There is no explanation as why the potion turns someone into a zombie. It's just a matter of drinking it and then you are a zombie. To use your words, that's voodoo. In fact voodoo has potions too. So you really don't know what you are talking about.

If the story explained the mechanism by which the potion transformed someone into a zombie, then it would be science fiction. As it stands it does not, hence supernatural.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 17:22   Link #451
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

the problems is "what we understand for zombies"
some people use the media image, dead person(animal) moving and haunting the living, but the word zombie has a lot of definitions, just like RightSaidFred said.

in the nature we can see examples were a fungus(parasite), can destroy/manipulate the host brain...but to apply this to a human ...a human brain is a very complex system( immune system), but i suppose that is not impossible....in a lot of years

how we can do that,...that is another thing, we need to choose a very specific virus or bacteria, then create a variant, a mutation with the capacity to attack a specif part of the system ,and overrun his function..but this is a very difficult thing to do, even in a simple organism, the capacity to adapt and create a resistance is so amazing,......and let no start with a complex system

woodoo is science + religions, a lot of the potions and "powder", have a scientific background, eve the so called "zombie powder", is the use of the puffer fish poison.

but all this is when the "specimen" is alive, if we talk about a death specimen, the problem is different, even with the "reviving the dead experiment", fully return a thing from dead is something theoretical, because first we need to understand what is a living specimen, .. we can recreate the life force ( tricky definition ) trough electrical impulse, generating the same energy to create a biological rhythm (you can see nazis, sovietics and american experiment about reviving thing...but you can suffer a little).

even in the hypothetical case where you can create a specimen with a controlled biorhythm and rotting.. the specimen become a empty shell ....and to this you need add the ability move at will so he can be called a zombie.

at the end is just a theory(science fiction), but in sankarea, they use a potion to maintain life, but the zombie also maintain all his characteristics so, it is supernatural story, with a "fake but interesting " concept.
----------
i really hope that chihiro chop rea head off, that is the way to go...if you want another end , you shouldn't play with dead people in first place.

but,this is a story about a "boy and a girl", so the most possible end is a bittersweet one
Old 2014-08-11, 14:24   Link #452
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Huh, I wonder what was real and what wasn't in the latest chapter (pretty sure it's obviously the latter but I need more details)... guess there's just one month of waiting left.
Old 2014-08-12, 04:45   Link #453
Triok123

the 55 is ultra mindfuck......holyshit!!!!!

Won't spoiler....

Last edited by Flower; 2014-08-12 at 13:16. Reason: Links to raw distro sites are absolutely forbidden here....
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 05:21   Link #454
pies90

That seriously just blew me away
pies90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 05:24   Link #455
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Spoiler:

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-08-12, 05:42   Link #456
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Woah

Spoiler for s:

Last edited by Flower; 2014-08-12 at 13:13. Reason: Deleted quoted post that was deleted.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 05:46   Link #457
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Woah

Spoiler for s:
Spoiler:

Old 2014-08-12, 05:49   Link #458
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for s:
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 05:53   Link #459
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Spoiler for s:
Spoiler:

Old 2014-08-12, 08:37   Link #460
Triok123

Quote:
Spoiler:
that what though .... i was like, ok so she's human again?, nice....WTF happened his all scars she had in her arm?, disapeared?, the autor is like FUCK YOU ALL!!!
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen, supernatural, zombie