AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-06, 23:19   Link #761
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Soul View Post
Too bad that the youma didn't jump on a building...if Raki would have jumped after him we
would had know if he is or not a human.Clarice looked like a human under pills, Clare too, but when they start jumping on buidings they proved that they aren't.

Isley is a AO who feed on humans.Priscilla too.I don't see Raki swallowing this for 5-6 years
and still trust them.We all think that Raki stayed with them for 5-6 years.No prove about
this.Raki could have trained himself, in a town, at the ORG HQ, found someone who try to hunt youmas too and trainined with him etc.
The fact Raki was able to move so fast that he reached the yoma while the villagers were still staring at the spot Raki moved from shows that even if still human, he would of been able to run up the walls , so its a moot point
Old 2008-06-06, 23:28   Link #762
Ancient Soul

I said "jump" not "run up the walls".If he can jump 5-10 metres into the air he can't be a normal human anymore.
Old 2008-06-06, 23:30   Link #763
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Soul View Post
I said "jump" not "run up the walls".If he can jump 5-10 metres into the air he can't be a normal human anymore.
true, but considering how fast he can move, it wouldn't be surprising if he could jump that high too. But then didn't Cid & Galk jump up on the roof too when trying to catch Clare the first time she was in Rabona? (not sure on that, im just guessing) and Cid was able to jump on Agatha (couldn't of climbed else she would of felt it)
Old 2008-06-06, 23:31   Link #764
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

on chp 80 pg 02-03 - is the awakened being facing three kin of dragons? maybe that was the reason why they fought until they died cuz they were more dragon kins than awakened beings.
Old 2008-06-06, 23:39   Link #765
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin
But then didn't Cid & Galk jump up on the roof too when trying to catch Clare the first time she was in Rabona?
Nope. Each time they met, Cid and Galk were already up on the rooftops. They could have climbed up using various alley staircases (you know how old cities are), or maybe Galk gave Cid a boost up to the roof when they saw someone running past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin
Cid was able to jump on Agatha (couldn't of climbed else she would of felt it)
Agatha's height was on par with the rooftops. If the soldiers have easy access to the roofs, getting up on top of Agatha wouldn't have been that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss
on chp 80 pg 02-03 - is the awakened being facing three kin of dragons?
That's what it looks like, yep. Each of the three dragon kin critters looks pretty much like the others, instead of the unique forms of the awakened beings.
Old 2008-06-06, 23:48   Link #766
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Nope. Each time they met, Cid and Galk were already up on the rooftops. They could have climbed up using various alley staircases (you know how old cities are), or maybe Galk gave Cid a boost up to the roof when they saw someone running past.

Agatha's height was on par with the rooftops. If the soldiers have easy access to the roofs, getting up on top of Agatha wouldn't have been that hard..
makes sense, anyway Raki still has awhile to be developed and reveal how good he is. He had little trouble with a regular yoma and his stronger than Clarice but how far he goes won't be shown to later i bet
Old 2008-06-06, 23:58   Link #767
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
(...) Priscilla saving Raki and then helping him hunt Youma messes with her character even more. It would be cool (...)
In a way yes, but it would stir up things a little too quickly IMO (and I still hope we will see Priscilla in her true form, i.e. sarcastic, cold bastard mode). Also as I've written before (and the only ones who seemed to notice it were Cyclone and tenken), if it was Priscilla Galatea should have detected her. I don't care if she can suppres youki or minimalize it, Riful detected her humongous power when she stood before her and Galatea always had a much better youki radar (even more after time skip) so I don't think she would have overlooked such strong being's presence. Personally I think Priscilla is still with Isley but I have absolutely no idea who the girl is. It's easier to guess who she isn't and I don't think she's Isley's and Priscilla's child (and definitely not a being more powerful than Teresa, Cyclone :P).
It might be possible that Raki can read youki, at least a bit and the girl is his "master" and a teacher. Otherwise he would be risking lives of innocent people (I wonder if he cut youma's arm to be sure that it's youma) because knowing with certainty who the girl meant when she pointed in the crowd would be impossible, IMO.

And about Galatea how did she manage to lure claymores to Rabona? Did she send them a letter telling that in Rabona is a blind nun (but it would be difficult to write it herself or telling someone to do it for her for many reasons)? Or did she know that there was org's spy in the city and didn't keep low profile. Also how come Miata sniffed Galatea's scent ? Did she remember all of her generation claymore's scent's to ignore them? I mean wasn't she distracted by scents of others? Does that mean the Org narrowed down for them possible places where she could be?

Last edited by Gooral; 2008-06-07 at 00:16. Reason: shrimpy's translation is out
Old 2008-06-07, 00:15   Link #768
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

alright:
drunk helen = win
Guts/Raki = not win...

it seems art quality seems to have dropped.
Old 2008-06-07, 00:21   Link #769
ergon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
This one I'm having a bit of trouble with...

どうやらここにもいそうにないがな
It looks to me like hes saying "she doesn't seem to be here either" but I think hes speaking in really casual japanese, which I don't understand too well.

edit: hey Raki's wrist guard thing looks just like his shoulder armor. maybe it slides anywhere on his arm, thats why it has all those joints. I still don't see the point, other than fashion

Last edited by ergon; 2008-06-07 at 00:36.
Old 2008-06-07, 00:21   Link #770
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
And about Galatea how did she manage to lure claymores to Rabona? Did she send them a letter telling that in Rabona is a blind nun (but it would be difficult to write it herself or telling someone to do it for her for many reasons)? Or did she know that there was org's spy in the city and didn't keep low profile. Also how come Miata sniffed Galatea's scent ? Did she remember all of her generation claymore's scent's to ignore them? I mean wasn't she distracted by scents of others? Does that mean the Org narrowed down for them possible places where she could be?
I believe this is explained by Galatea. She left subtle hints on her whereabouts and the MIB narrowed down her location to a certain area and sent Miata after her.

the hints could have been obvious. like exposing her claymore to random people or leaving her claymore outfit somewhere. she is blind so she can't just walk around for people to notice.

Miata and Clarice took suppressant pills so Galatea couldn't detect them and to allow Miata to sniff out every source of youma, which is why they had to fight so many youma and AB's on the way to Robana.
Old 2008-06-07, 00:37   Link #771
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
the hints could have been obvious. like exposing her claymore to random people or leaving her claymore outfit somewhere. she is blind so she can't just walk around for people to notice.
I don't think she would leave her claymore on sight, claymore outfit sure, she could dump it anywhere, but carrying a sword being a nun or leaving her weapon at random place wouldn't be wise. As for the outfit, I think there would still have to be MiB's spy to recognize that clothing was claymore's, unless it's common knowledge that every claymore uniform has it's signature/symbol on it. I don't think they're "leotard" is being made of some unique material.
Quote:
Miata and Clarice took suppressant pills so Galatea couldn't detect them and to allow Miata to sniff out every source of youma, which is why they had to fight so many youma and AB's on the way to Robana.
Well yeah, but how come she went in the right direction? For example if Alicia and Beth were south, Audrey west, fab 7 heading to Rabona, how come she ignored all of them and went straight to Rabona? Also Miata could distinguish AB and youma from claymores because when she first arrived to the town she said that a strong claymore is there, not strong AB (and we know Agatha was there).
Old 2008-06-07, 00:42   Link #772
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Galatea's real defense against pursuers is that she out senses them. It is not even necessary for Galatea to have her youki cloaked (although she did) to avoid hunters because she "sees" them long before they see her. Apparently the organization has been looking for her for some time. Galatea may have lured the hunters to Rabona by simply staying there for a long time and not running away when they got close. She herself was the lure.

There was no mention of any youma to hunt because then they would not have sent strong enough warriors. Miata and Clarice did not originally know to go to Rabona. Somehow they ended up exterminating many AB's along the way. With Miata so focused on Galatea she may have ignored Agatha until their mission finished (which she tried even when Agatha did show up). They had to find Galatea's trail and presumably Miata either knew Galatea's smell (Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani for Women) or was just searching for strong claymore scents she did not know from the organization. Hunting dogs style while knowing Galatea's scent makes the most sense to me. It is entirely possible that Galatea has not been camped in Rabona this whole time prior to Agatha. I think she spent a great deal of time there from her attachment to Rabona, but with Claymores crisscrossing the continent I imagine she did not hide in the Orphanage until her youki was completely cloaked. It is possible that Galatea sent a letter or something to someone, but there is no mention of it.

Well, if the cloaked girl is someone we know already it is probably Priscilla. That is the simplest solution. It reminds me of when we were speculating over who really was in Rabona before the extra chapters tortured us for months. We had all sorts of ideas but the simplest solution was the one that held true. Raki was last seen with Priscilla. He obviously lived through it which means he is probably on Isley and Priscilla's good side. Priscilla can sense youma. She is short. She loves Raki. Priscilla is the simplest answer. But, of course, we do not know if it is the right answer yet. There are plenty of options that could be more interesting.

We do not know that Galatea has not sensed other beings coming through Rabona. We just know that Agatha stayed there so to protect the city she decided to get help to kill her. We do not know if it is possible for an AB to entirely cloak their youki. Riful was able to fool Clare but not Galatea with her hiding ability. Who knows what Priscilla is able to do.

As for Priscilla appearing too early I would have said so too before the last two chapters. Now we know that the real evil in the world is not who we originally thought it was. There is a new world of evil to fight. Priscilla seems fairly tame compared to the MiB's and their organization now. At some point Raki has to be around when Clare meets Priscilla. The plot is leading towards that as an explosion and if it is defused it looses the power. Clare's feelings for Raki and her hatred for Priscilla have to conflict at some point. I think we might see more fighting before Raki meets Clare though .
Old 2008-06-07, 01:17   Link #773
ergon

I think Raki's last line is this:

"What a scene...and I just got back to my hometown for the first time in ages!"
"either way...it doesn't seem like shes here either!"
Old 2008-06-07, 01:33   Link #774
yurifan

I really hate raki for some reason, no matter how much he's grown, how much hes gotten stronger, i just see him as a lil kid, that never get rid of problems, retarded kid
Old 2008-06-07, 01:53   Link #775
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

@ yurifan - i think you being a yuri fan explains it all why you hate him. :P i'm just kidding xD!!
Old 2008-06-07, 01:56   Link #776
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Woah Raki looks strong.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2008-06-08 at 19:28.
Old 2008-06-07, 02:02   Link #777
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
(...) As for Priscilla appearing too early I would have said so too before the last two chapters. Now we know that the real evil in the world is not who we originally thought it was. There is a new world of evil to fight. (...)
True, but I doubt that fab 7 has enough power to take them on, at least not yet. When Luciella - AO awakened and gone berserk the damages she made were quite heavy, nonetheless she was no where near destroying the org (even if she wanted to, she wouldn't be able to detect MiB). Now that organization possesses Alicia and Beth they're even more resilient to attacks. So they would need Clare's and Miata's strength and that could be not enough to dominate them. If Priscilla helped them it would be another case and it would be consistent with "Priscilla is on Raki's shoulder". But I'm not sure if Clare would be willing to cooperate with her, I'm not even sure if she wouldn't prioritize going after revenge on Priscilla instead revenge on the MiB, dumping Miria and others.
Anyway, I still don't believe it's Priscilla and certainly I hope not.
Old 2008-06-07, 02:26   Link #778
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

With the recent information I am not even sure what is coming. Miria knows the twins weakness and Galatea got front row tickets to watch them at work. Isley is not doing much (that we know of) and Riful is out searching for something to level the playing field against Isley. The MiB's are apparently still working on their project because apparently Alicia and Beth are the first step to something that would be deployable in battle without their weakness. Not to mention there is an entire other continent where apparently AB's have been used as weapons. There also lurk freaky dragon monsters that seem fairly tough as well. The organization is up to something and I think the MiB's are only the research and development branch.

This is just me but I think the organization is not going to be the ultimate bad guys. I think they have a real legitimate reason to do what they do (even if what they have done is evil). For instance; maybe they need an AB to defeat the AB's let loose on the home land that are far too powerful. OR ... well, I just think with all this new information there is going to be a lot of plans that get messed up. Miria does not seem to know about Clare's past with Priscilla. On top of that no one knows Raki's connection with Isley and Priscilla: the most powerful faction on the entire continent. I think a lot more sad stuff is going to happen pretty soon.

I think there are many options for who this girl can be, the simplest option being Priscilla. Other than that it will probably have to be a brand new character. Unless Raki is the something Riful discovered, but ... hmm. Lune seems to still be with the organization and the little girl was not clad in any claymore attire. In my mind it is Priscilla or new character but of course I could be wrong. The irony of Teresa bringing little Clare with her, Priscilla killing Teresa, Clare getting stronger to avenge Teresa, Clare bringing Raki, Raki getting stronger to protect Clare, and then Raki bringing Priscilla is just too crazy.
Old 2008-06-07, 02:27   Link #779
Synyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
It might be possible that Raki can read youki, at least a bit and the girl is his "master" and a teacher. Otherwise he would be risking lives of innocent people (I wonder if he cut youma's arm to be sure that it's youma) because knowing with certainty who the girl meant when she pointed in the crowd would be impossible, IMO.
I was thinking that too.

And if he can't read yoki how the hell he knows that "it" (Clare, yoma, AB or whatever he was searching) isn't at the town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifan View Post
I really hate raki for some reason, no matter how much he's grown, how much hes gotten stronger, i just see him as a lil kid, that never get rid of problems, retarded kid
The funny thing is that Clare used to be like him...
Old 2008-06-07, 02:35   Link #780
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i found something interesting that may be priscilla who is with raki when i was re-looking at some of the previous chapters - but first anyone know if priscilla is left-handed?

okay, on chapter 80 pg 21, when raki asked the girl which one of the humans is the youma, she pointed with her left hand right? now go back to chapter 63 pg 01 and you'll see priscilla looking out of the window and she'll also have her left hand place on the window too.

coincidence or not it may really be her - duh duh duh... priscilla. ^^;
Closed Thread

Tags
manga