AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 20 32.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 39.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 16.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-30, 16:51   Link #41
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Lol
I'm taller than Yuki xD

Anywayz,I thought episode 4 was pretty good.
The animation was wonderful though.I had to keep on pausing just to stare at some of the scenes >w< [and my my,shirtless Zero <333 i really don't remember him being shirtless THAT much O.o;; ]

But yeah,that Yuki/Zero scene was touching.Makes me want to hug Zero too & make everything better ;__;

Gosh,he's so emo and angtsy though lol
Old 2008-04-30, 17:59   Link #42
Kaijin
かいじん

I'm exactly the same height as Yuuki...all I need now are two sexy vampires and I'm set
This episode seems to be the turning point for anime watchers who can't stand the wait and have jumped on the manga bandwagon...welcome! Mwhahaha!

N.B. Although waiting for manga chapters is as agonizing as waiting for episodes (or worse since it's only a chapter per month)
Old 2008-04-30, 21:12   Link #43
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

._. Yuki is very Short
Old 2008-04-30, 23:59   Link #44
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
N.B. Although waiting for manga chapters is as agonizing as waiting for episodes (or worse since it's only a chapter per month)
welcome to the Claymore club

man, i need to see this ep subbed. it should be out any time, according to the release last week.
Old 2008-05-01, 02:51   Link #45
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
didnt the release get delayed tho (or so i heard) i would assume tommorow tho perhaps
Old 2008-05-01, 09:41   Link #46
andromeda0201

Really liked this episode even though it was mostly talking.
I don't remember the manga that much but then am sure they certainly added some scenes, which I'm certainly not against since I love those random little twists which appear quite unexpectedly.
Also, am I the only one who thinks that Yuuki's friend knows more than shes supposed to? She seemed to have a knowing + resigned look when Yuuki dashed out of the classroom.

My heart went all out to Zero in this episode, maybe the music helped, maybe the flashback scene did...not that sure, but it definitely made me feel more for him compared to the manga, knowing that he'd somehow turn into a blood-lusting level E vampire someday should feel pretty horrible, not to mention he'd constantly target the person closest to him... yuuki.

Not sure who the guy at the end was, from some vampire association apparently but this does indeed show things are heating up. Can't wait for the next episode, so far this anime has kept me glued to the screen.
Old 2008-05-01, 13:21   Link #47
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its been out since 11 est. this was an enjoyable ep. voted 9/10. this is my favorite show of the season. even though i know whats going to happen, its still exciting to watch it animated.

one can only guess how strong of a character Kaname is to watch whats going on between Yuuki and Zero and to remain so stoic.
Old 2008-05-01, 14:36   Link #48
ani_d

Watched the subs and I felt even more sorry for Zero. -_- If what they really say is true about Level D and E, I feel like Zero will inevitably die in the end, Yuuki will just have to end up with Kaname. That would be...terrible.

And I'm not sure if they mentioned this earlier, but is Kaname really the last of his clan (Kuran)? How many clan of purebloods are there really? It looks like they're going to introduce a new character next time.
Old 2008-05-01, 17:07   Link #49
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
... Yuuki will just have to end up with Kaname. That would be...terrible.
No it wouldn't
Old 2008-05-01, 17:22   Link #50
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

The episodes keep getting better and better
Old 2008-05-01, 19:58   Link #51
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The emo never wins! remember that, lol
Old 2008-05-01, 22:05   Link #52
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Never underestimate the power of emo
Old 2008-05-02, 01:51   Link #53
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

^ lol, well as far as it seems, Yuki is comforting Zero out of guilt and pity. Her love obviously lies with Kaname, but she felt obligated to do what she did, and to herself hope for Kaname's forgiveness. Thats no way for any relationship to start.
Old 2008-05-02, 02:02   Link #54
ani_d

Nah, I don't think it's guilt and pity at all. Yuuki told him she's been watching him over these past 4 years. She's comfortable around him because she feels they're the same. That's why she wants him to confide in her. It is in every way a way for any blossoming feelings to start. But I dunno, Yuuki can play the naive card and just mislead everyone.

I like both guys btw. Just to make that clear. I'm trying not to get tempted in reading the manga, but waiting for the next episode is a pain. -_-
Old 2008-05-02, 07:12   Link #55
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Kira Yamato (gundam seed), Cloud Strife (FF7), Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto)... those were emo characters that attracted the female leads in their respective animes

Besides, it is quite ambiguous where Yuuki's real feelings lie, its more like she can't decide or doesn't know. She blushed when Kaname touched her cheek (which we know that would happen since she likes him), but she was blushing when she hugged Zero from the back in this episode.

So depending what the author wants, she may have a sudden change of heart towards the end as sometimes seen in shoujo mangas so we still cannot be certain who the final pairing will be
Old 2008-05-02, 08:47   Link #56
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Also, am I the only one who thinks that Yuuki's friend knows more than shes supposed to? She seemed to have a knowing + resigned look when Yuuki dashed out of the classroom.

Not sure who the guy at the end was, from some vampire association apparently but this does indeed show things are heating up. Can't wait for the next episode, so far this anime has kept me glued to the screen.

Maybe she is the spy the girlish looking guy in the end was talking about?

Good episode. I don’t know if I am supposed to like this series since for the most parts there aren’t many guys in here or so it seems from reading comments but I guess I am just a sucker for vampire animes.

Kaname’s continued assault on Aidou just seems to keep getting funnier. The small glimpses of Kaname’s abilities are impressive, curiously waiting to see just how powerful he is. The talk between the head master about Zero’s clan, purebloods, and Vampire ranks was interesting, perhaps a bit too interesting.

Should I read the manga?

P.S.

Anyone else get the feeling that some of Kaname’s subordinates are also pretty high in status? At times a few characters like Akutsuki for example seem to talk to him in almost equal status, as if they are just casually talking to a friend.
Old 2008-05-02, 10:00   Link #57
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
Maybe she is the spy the girlish looking guy in the end was talking about?

Good episode. I don’t know if I am supposed to like this series since for the most parts there aren’t many guys in here or so it seems from reading comments but I guess I am just a sucker for vampire animes.

Kaname’s continued assault on Aidou just seems to keep getting funnier. The small glimpses of Kaname’s abilities are impressive, curiously waiting to see just how powerful he is. The talk between the head master about Zero’s clan, purebloods, and Vampire ranks was interesting, perhaps a bit too interesting.

Should I read the manga?

P.S.

Anyone else get the feeling that some of Kaname’s subordinates are also pretty high in status? At times a few characters like Akutsuki for example seem to talk to him in almost equal status, as if they are just casually talking to a friend.
My personal feel is that the anime might have surpassed the manga in terms of content for now. I am not sure if i am alone in thinking this way. ^^ I think you should be fine not reading the manga for now.
Old 2008-05-02, 10:28   Link #58
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
P.S.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that all the vampires in the Night Class, certainly those who associate with Kaname, are from the vampire nobility.

If you study European noble childhood patterns (especially British nobility's childhood patterns) from the late 19th century through the mid 20th century, you can find a model for the friendship behavior of Kaname and the other Night Class members. Back then, it was common for nobility to send their sons and daughters to boarding school. Princes, princesses, future dukes and duchesses, etc. of the same age would be classmates, dormmates, and friends. Among the children, there would be a recognition and acceptance of the differences in status in formal situations and in situations when push came to shove. But beyond those times, the differences in their social status would be dropped in favor of friendship.

I see the same type of behavior with Kaname and the other members of the Night Class. Friends and equals most of the time, but always aware that Kaname outranks them socially (and perhaps legally as well).

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-05-02, 10:50   Link #59
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Zero doesn't seem to be very popular around here Poor guy
Old 2008-05-02, 12:26   Link #60
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Heh...poor Zero, but I do feel that his emoness is overDRAMA-ish ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Nah, I don't think it's guilt and pity at all. Yuuki told him she's been watching him over these past 4 years. She's comfortable around him because she feels they're the same. That's why she wants him to confide in her. It is in every way a way for any blossoming feelings to start. But I dunno, Yuuki can play the naive card and just mislead everyone.

I like both guys btw. Just to make that clear. I'm trying not to get tempted in reading the manga, but waiting for the next episode is a pain. -_-
I'd say it is a mixture of both. Yuuki would feel some guilt for not knowing/noticing Zero's situation and saying something to hurt his feelings, but that shouldn't be a reason (or full reason) why she wants him to stay. She may not love him in a romance sense, but she does in a sibling sense.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread