AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-03-05, 13:29   Link #621
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Actually his luck is top-notch. He remarks on several occasions about how his one big positive characteristic (in his mind) is his incredible luck. Aqua's the one with abysmal luck. But sometimes blessings don't look as hot as they really are. I'd say that Megumin and Darkness are blessings in disguise: they're great-looking, growing closer to him by the day, indifferent to his flaws (a big one there), and they seriously play off him better than most people could hope to. They're partners worth having, even if they have serious flaws. And for this reason his massive good fortune would most certainly result in those two attached to him again.
They aren't indifferent to his flaws at all. It's just that Darkness is a masochist who pretty much wants somebody who will treat her like crap. As for Megumin she's pretty much a one trick pony and Kazuma indulges her in the trick.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 14:43   Link #622
Draco Spirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Lets be honest here, for all his moaning he's pretty happy.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 15:44   Link #623
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
They aren't indifferent to his flaws at all. It's just that Darkness is a masochist who pretty much wants somebody who will treat her like crap. As for Megumin she's pretty much a one trick pony and Kazuma indulges her in the trick.
I didn't mean absolute indifference, sorry. My point was that while they know some of his real bad flaws they still stick around and both have shown signs of seriously liking him, and I'm not just talking about stuff like how Darkness is attracted to his sadistic side, I mean really like him. Rather than indifferent, it might be better to say that the good is important enough to them to accept the bad.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 16:42   Link #624
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Lets be even more honest here. All four of them have some REALLY serious flaws. As much as their flaws irritate and annoy each other, it's a testament to their friendship and relationships that they'll still spend so much time together.
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 21:07   Link #625
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Lets be even more honest here. All four of them have some REALLY serious flaws. As much as their flaws irritate and annoy each other, it's a testament to their friendship and relationships that they'll still spend so much time together.
I wouldn't go that far. Aqua and Kazuma are stuck with each other and Darkness and Megumin are relative loners otherwise. Half the time Kazuma wants to strangle Aqua
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 09:35   Link #626
eiyuuou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
If they go on their separate ways, kazuma will reign top among the four.
At the beginner town, his lack of firepower isn't a large issue as he compensates with his versatility as a thief, support the team with magic and range with his bow.
Kazuma is essentially the binder of the group of eccentrics.

Megumin will starve as she was at the start of season 1. Might become decent once she gains more mp. nah
Aqua will probably be sold as a slave, or end up with the Axis cult.
Darkness might be decent if she moved further.
__________________
「The liar that canít lie」 = 「空」
eiyuuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 09:48   Link #627
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 28
By the way, does anybody know the true meaning behind Aqua's pause? It happened in the first episode and in the second season. Was that an inside joke from the anime staff to give Aqua's actress a break?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 09:56   Link #628
Sixth
True Momo v2.0
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
If they go on their separate ways, kazuma will reign top among the four.
At the beginner town, his lack of firepower isn't a large issue as he compensates with his versatility as a thief, support the team with magic and range with his bow.
Kazuma is essentially the binder of the group of eccentrics.

Megumin will starve as she was at the start of season 1. Might become decent once she gains more mp. nah
Aqua will probably be sold as a slave, or end up with the Axis cult.
Darkness might be decent if she moved further.
Agreed. I felt that Kazumo would have fair pretty well if he ended up partying with a decent members.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 09:57   Link #629
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
By the way, does anybody know the true meaning behind Aqua's pause? It happened in the first episode and in the second season. Was that an inside joke from the anime staff to give Aqua's actress a break?
The world where Konosuba is considered to be like a game. The "Pause" screen is more of a joke to substitute as a commercial break. Or heck it might be where a commercial break might actual have been done if we weren't watching an online stream.

Still I think it's just a joke.
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 10:30   Link #630
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
Megumin will starve as she was at the start of season 1. Might become decent once she gains more mp. nah
Aqua will probably be sold as a slave, or end up with the Axis cult.
Darkness might be decent if she moved further.
Actually, if they are put individually into otherwise balanced parties, their special abilities can make the team shine. Darkness can tank to buy time while everyone pummels at the monsters, Aqua can heal, buff and is good against undead, and Megumin gives the team a shot against monsters they otherwise don't have the top end firepower to defeat.

While the girls have problems, Kazuma is equally a problem because he is too weak to hold up as the center. While I understand the thematic reasons, from a character standpoint, it is honestly unbelievable that Kazuma would see the solution to his team's problems walk by him and not even try to reel her in. Does he really like the idea of frogs being life threatening to his party?
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 11:20   Link #631
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post

While the girls have problems, Kazuma is equally a problem because he is too weak to hold up as the center. While I understand the thematic reasons, from a character standpoint, it is honestly unbelievable that Kazuma would see the solution to his team's problems walk by him and not even try to reel her in. Does he really like the idea of frogs being life threatening to his party?
Who is that solution? Yun Yun?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 11:22   Link #632
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Darkness and Megumin have been part of balanced parties before. It didn't work out.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 11:39   Link #633
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Who is that solution? Yun Yun?
Yeah. In fact, even Megumin might be supportive once she thinks about it and realizes Kazuma will stop bothering her about learning other magic, nor will her insistence threaten the health of the party on regular intervals. If she doesn't cooperate, Kazuma can just point these things out to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Darkness and Megumin have been part of balanced parties before. It didn't work out.
Want to answer but getting close to the border, suffice to say I really don't remember when they were part of "balanced" parties - can you throw out Book and Chapter numbers or go PM?
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 11:47   Link #634
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post

While the girls have problems, Kazuma is equally a problem because he is too weak to hold up as the center. While I understand the thematic reasons, from a character standpoint, it is honestly unbelievable that Kazuma would see the solution to his team's problems walk by him and not even try to reel her in. Does he really like the idea of frogs being life threatening to his party?
I couldn't disagree with this idea more.
Kazuma is not an OP super powered Protagonist who can beat everybody by himself like Kirito from SAO or others in these kind of stories.

His job is made trickier when you have Megumin whose a one trick pony (yes explosion is powerful if used right); Darkness a swordsman who can't really fight because of the fact she's a masochist and doesn't fight; finally Aqua who seems to cause as many problems as she solves and often times as you've seen is the reason things go wrong for him.

However it speaks to his cleverness that he's managed to contain Darkness and managed to get Megumin to work to his advantage.

That being said if you take his cleverness and give him a Yunyun whose a legitimate mage and Mitsurugi (the guy obsessed with Aqua) he could do some damage. (Truthfully if i were him i would've said listen buddy i get you like Aqua so how about you join up with us) but hey that's another matter entirely.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 12:01   Link #635
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I couldn't disagree with this idea more.
Kazuma is not an OP super powered Protagonist who can beat everybody by himself like Kirito from SAO or others in these kind of stories.
I'm not saying Kazuma is not clever and I've explicitly said the girls also have problems. However, without making Kazuma OP (relative to the universe he's in), if he is for example a normal wizard capable of using Intermediate Magic, or at least a swordsman able to kill moving (not stationary) Giant Frogs, the combat stability of his party will already be substantially improved. The show even kind of shows you the problem with him when he shoots that arrow at the frog and it just kind of gets stuck in that hide.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 12:04   Link #636
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I'm not saying Kazuma is not clever and I've explicitly said the girls also have problems. However, without making Kazuma OP (relative to the universe he's in), if he is for example a normal wizard capable of using Intermediate Magic, or at least a swordsman able to kill moving (not stationary) Giant Frogs, the combat stability of his party will already be substantially improved. The show even kind of shows you the problem with him when he shoots that arrow at the frog and it just kind of gets stuck in that hide.
Be that as it may if you're Kazuma it's pretty much impossible to succeed with teammates that he has. You could argue the fact that he does his missions despite the other two.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 15:38   Link #637
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Yeah. In fact, even Megumin might be supportive once she thinks about it and realizes Kazuma will stop bothering her about learning other magic, nor will her insistence threaten the health of the party on regular intervals. If she doesn't cooperate, Kazuma can just point these things out to her.



Want to answer but getting close to the border, suffice to say I really don't remember when they were part of "balanced" parties - can you throw out Book and Chapter numbers or go PM?
I'm not a reader. But I think it was mentioned they were part of, if not balanced, "normal" parties before, and were kicked out for being useless.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 04:01   Link #638
Sixth
True Momo v2.0
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not a reader. But I think it was mentioned they were part of, if not balanced, "normal" parties before, and were kicked out for being useless.
Duuno about Darkness but Megumin was indeed ditched by her party member for being useless.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 05:07   Link #639
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Duuno about Darkness but Megumin was indeed ditched by her party member for being useless.
Darkness "party" is ... well, you saw it at the beginning of Episode 3 of the first season. As for Megumin, if said parties are missing a mage and expect her to fill that role, it's going to get painful. I did say "balanced" party.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 09:34   Link #640
eiyuuou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Actually, if they are put individually into otherwise balanced parties, their special abilities can make the team shine. Darkness can tank to buy time while everyone pummels at the monsters, Aqua can heal, buff and is good against undead, and Megumin gives the team a shot against monsters they otherwise don't have the top end firepower to defeat.

While the girls have problems, Kazuma is equally a problem because he is too weak to hold up as the center. While I understand the thematic reasons, from a character standpoint, it is honestly unbelievable that Kazuma would see the solution to his team's problems walk by him and not even try to reel her in. Does he really like the idea of frogs being life threatening to his party?
You forget Darkness hitrate is next to zero. A normal crusader would occupy monsters via skills and attacks and we already know darkness misses even in the town of beginning.
being able to hit simple self-destructing dolls that made her so happy tells you how much her crap hitrate is. She is a literal meat shield.
In the town of beginning, you will barely make use of her.

Aqua was owned by mere frogs. Yes, mere frogs. Even with her God Punch or whatever.
Why does it matter? because her stupidity is already maxed out and she won't get smarter. She's like a blessing and a curse.


We already know Megumin is a failure in the town of beginning right from season one because her spell is overkill, useless in dungeon and literally a one shot wonder.
Tell me which party she was actually successful in and not your theory.
__________________
「The liar that canít lie」 = 「空」

Last edited by eiyuuou; 2017-03-07 at 09:56.
eiyuuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.