AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-24, 18:47   Link #161
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Astrea's VA did Koromo@Saki, Charlotte@Blacksmith, Plug@FightIppatsu & Seto@Needless ... and if it wasn't for the last one I would be completely disappointed at the choice ... though occasionally even the cutest sounding VAs can pull out badass acting (like Yuuki Aoi, recently).
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 19:00   Link #162
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well its not like Astrea's badass moments dominate her screen time.. VA is a good fit.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 19:07   Link #163
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well its not like Astrea's badass moments dominate her screen time.. VA is a good fit.
Dunno, that was my impression from the OVA and the promo material I saw ... though I am not familiar with the manga. I can alway hope that she will discipline Nymph
Old 2010-09-27, 01:28   Link #164
Dr. Casey

Coming to this thread a bit late, but I enjoyed Project Pink a lot. It was surprisingly plotful for an episode that I expected to be nothing but pure fanservice; Nymph's character development is very well-done. I can't blame her for being so deredere after the closing parts of episode 13, Tomoki and friends showed a crazy amount of loyalty there (I mean 'crazy' in a literal way; saying 'So what?' in response to Nymph pointing out that everyone in the area might die if the bomb goes off made me go 'wtf' at first, but the scene was pretty touching once I realized what Tomoki meant). The scene where Nymph started getting hysterical because Tomoki wouldn't give her an order was one of the most extreme examples of mood whiplash I've ever seen, and I mean that in a positive way; it was jarring, but in an effective 'Whoa, when did things get so serious/Nymph get so hurt?' way rather than a 'This is awkward because there was no transition' way.

To me the story and characters and genuinely warm friendships and sense of camaraderie between the main cast are the main appeal of Sora no Otoshimono, though judging by comments on blogs and stuff I think a lot of people are in it mostly for the ecchi toilet humor (Which I enjoy too, though it's pretty far down the list for things that draw me to the series). Wonder if the whole of Forte will be plot-driven, more akin to the second half of the original (Episodes 7+) than the first half. That trailer makes it look like Forte is serious fucking business.

I'm not sure where to place Project Pink... I know it belongs to the first season, but it feels more like Sora no Otoshimono 1.5 to me. Episode 13's had a long time to cement a feel as being the season finale, and I'll probably always associate Project Pink moreso with Forte since it was released just a few short weeks before. Of course, it plainly doesn't feel like Forte either... yeah, it will probably always be 1.5 to me.

But anyway, can't wait for Sora no Otoshimono Forte, I've honestly never looked forward to an anime series as much as this one. Mildly disappointed that it's 12 episodes while the original was 13-14, but I don't mind too much since I'm sure it will be 12 episodes of pure, undiluted awesome.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 03:45   Link #165
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Wonder if the whole of Forte will be plot-driven, more akin to the second half of the original (Episodes 7+) than the first half. That trailer makes it look like Forte is serious fucking business.
I'll just say this.. a lot of the Nymph centric moments in the later episodes happened after she had her chain cut by Tomoki in the manga.. still going to be quite a few more of those moments and an "event" to end things with, in addition to some hilarious chapters and Astrea's introduction.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 09:03   Link #166
tsunade666

when do you think they would show delta or astrea?

the early part or the mid part? they show nymph early on in the first season but just dwell more her story on the near end.
Old 2010-09-27, 11:55   Link #167
Dr. Casey

I'm thinking they'll introduce her towards the start. The previews make her out to be a fundamental staple of the anime, so I'm guessing around the end of the first episode or somewhere in the second.

Just noticed that the first two episode names for Forte were posted at Wikipedia. But...

"Take off too you! Yuusha come back"
"Surprise! It was Angels Kyonyuu!!"

... they confuse me. Yuusha? Kyonyuu?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 16:12   Link #168
SpAyKeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Yuusha? Kyonyuu?
Next two Angeloids ?

Spoiler:

"Never need to question, how to defeat you" -by Disturbed
SpAyKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 17:44   Link #169
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Those sound like machine translations.

Should be
Ep 1:
キミも脱げ!帰ってきたユウシャ
is "You strip too! The returning hero"

驚愕!天使はキョニュウだった!!
is "Suprise! The angel has huge breasts!!"
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 18:06   Link #170
Metis
Combat Android

That second episode title is pretty ironic, I doubt an angel having huge breasts is going to be a surprise to anyone.
Metis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 21:46   Link #171
tsunade666

another pettan would be more like a surprise to me than seeing another huge oppai.

Among angeloid Nymph is still pretty unique.
Old 2010-09-27, 21:58   Link #172
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The surprise probably doesn't come from the breasts, but from something else. Her character for example.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 22:29   Link #173
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I love the 2nd title. Pretty much
Spoiler for ops:
are what this show is all about from the beginning.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 05:58   Link #174
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I love the 2nd title. Pretty much
Spoiler for ops:
are what this show is all about from the beginning.
It's not about a broken loli slave, that after being granted freedom, desperately searches for a new master to serve
Old 2010-09-28, 13:55   Link #175
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... so the one who voiced Koromo in Saki will be voicing Astraea?

Unexpected combo ... would never have guessed who it was from the short "preview" at the end of "episode 14"....
Old 2010-09-28, 14:36   Link #176
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm surprised no one mentions that Fukuhara Kaori did the voice behind Tsukasa from Lucky Star, my favorite character she has done.
For me, that alone warrents a big YIPEE! from me

Can't wait to see Astrea show up, she won a special place in my heart following some of her antics from the manga.

I think Astrea and Nymph's antics are the best, even better with a little sprinkling of Ikaros on top
Old 2010-09-29, 02:59   Link #177
SpAyKeR

Huh i can't wait also there is only around 2 days for RAW :P.
@topic
But for real in spoiler guys i will ask you about love in sora no otoshimono:
Spoiler:

This picture on the official site (kodakawa) of the relationship is not quite clear.
Waiting for the discussion about that.
Peace

"Never need to question, how to defeat you" -by Disturbed
SpAyKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 12:29   Link #178
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
@SpAyKeR....

I honestly do not know what the anime will show, but the manga is far ahead story wise, and some of your questions can be answered therein (although who knows if the anime will strictly follow the manga?) ... might check out if there is a manga thread on SnO in here to get a better idea?
Old 2010-09-29, 17:40   Link #179
Metis
Combat Android

The first season followed the manga fairly closely, only changing the orders of some events and character introductions, so probably the second season won't change all that much either.
Metis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 03:40   Link #180
dark998

New CM featuring the OP song Heart no Kakuritsu (Probability of Heart)

dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen