AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 7 20.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 47.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 14.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 8.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-05, 14:02   Link #81
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
So no, anime most of its content isn't canon, it's been authorized by the owners of the right passed down to the studio but in no way it makes it canon, just an official work.

KyoAni themselves published the LN, so they own the rights. That's why the anime is canon.
Old 2014-03-05, 14:12   Link #82
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
You have a wrong concept about canon. Canon is just the "work that'is done by the author's hand" just that, isn't about good or bad or if the public claims it or not.
So no, anime most of its content isn't canon, it's been authorized by the owners of the right passed down to the studio but in no way it makes it canon, just an official work.
not wrong, canon is about who "have the right about the fiction, and kyoto buy the rights over the novel, their are owner of the novel, kyouto animation is a smart company who unlike others their "actually buy the license and the rights over the fictions, the ln writer is working under/for kyouto shrouder, is the same of exemple marvel comics, stan lee is the creator of most of marvel heroes but the marve is the owner of the right over the heroes.

this make anime also canon, cuz was published by the company owner of the franchise.
Old 2014-03-05, 15:02   Link #83
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Yes, it is. And? How does it disprove my point that the relationship between Yuuta and Rikka is not romantic at all?
It doesn't, I just wanted to specify that there is an actual underlying logical reason for it, differently from the continuous senseless cockteasing that other japanese anime have.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2014-03-05, 20:21   Link #84
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Stop. I hate discussing stuff that strays off the raised point. It doesn't contribute anything to the topic so please refrain from replying to this post.
let me see if i get your point, you say who because their already engaged as a couple, their must act serious, kiss, huge and things like that and their can't be shy???? them because of this their relationship dont look real????

if yes then i partially agree with you, because for their age (between 16 and 17 their must act a few more mature) but my point is who since this is a "japanese" product or to be more precise a otaku culture, then a "shy love is perfect "normal", have a couple who can't beare kiss or hold hands and things like that, this is pretty common in both shounen and seinen, the difference in shounen and seinen most of the times when comes to romance is who while shounen try to be more focused in "fall in love" and build all the drama/comedy/tension toward the confession seinen try to be more focused in the "after" the confession, when their indeed already started as a couple, as their start to develepe their relationship, this when we have different type of seinen, some of then try to do a more "mature" aspect while others try to keep the "childsh" nature of shounen, where the couple even after the confession keep being shy and must learn how to "grow as a couple".

and dont forget japaneses consider a shame does too much love-dove things in public or too much open, this dont means who you can't but peoples will look bad to you if does too much.

yuuta and rikka behavious is perfect normal looking from japanese point of view as a lovers, their are just learning how to be a "normal couple", this happen in a good amount of mangas/animes (specially seinen), this is my point, it's just due to western way of relationship is "more openly in express the love in japan their does this in a more shy way(in otaku vision), their try to value the "pure" the cute and things like that.

let's say their behavious as their are a 8 or 10 years old couple, completly clueless about "what to do" and being to shy to do things.

this anime is "not a serious" plot or wanted to be, the focus still the comedy and low drama(the first season have more drama cuz was focused more on the "fall in love"), the first season was a few more serious but that second already was warned who will be more funny with little drama and more focused on their development, who actually is happen, little by little we see rikka and yuuta start to "feel more confidant in their action toward improve their relationship, it's just this not a "shoujo" where their kiss on allmost every episode or keep saying "i love you" amost every episode, their already aware of their feelings toward each other and already being a couple then keep saying "i love you" everytime or not needed or their are just to shy to do this.
Old 2014-03-06, 08:56   Link #85
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Quote:
yuuta and rikka behavious is perfect normal looking from japanese point of view as a lovers, their are just learning how to be a "normal couple", this happen in a good amount of mangas/animes (specially seinen), this is my point, it's just due to western way of relationship is "more openly in express the love in japan their does this in a more shy way(in otaku vision), their try to value the "pure" the cute and things like that.
I disagree with you.
Even Nibutani, well a Japanese ofc, more than once, thought that Rikka and Yuta didn't look like a real couple. She couldn't believe that after 3 months they only held hands, nothing else and even tried to escalate things for the 2.
That said, how the hell is this relationship perfectly normal!?
Old 2014-03-07, 14:17   Link #86
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
-snip-
First of all, I'm Asian. I don't need anyone to explain to me how you're supposed to behave yourself/ves in regards to Asian culture. I know it perfectly fine, thank you. Full stop.
Second, no, you don't get my point at all, so the continued discussion is pointless since we're not on the same page.
Third, I explicitly asked you to stop. Okay?

I'm done here.
Old 2014-03-07, 14:37   Link #87
SeanJD

I enjoyed this episode as well, and I find it really weird that the stalker girl was really into Dekomori and how she found the way how to appeal to her with being Mori Summer. I like it how Nibutani stood up for herself and to not let this girl think that she could be the real Mori Summer. It might have not deepen their freindship with each other but it is a start that Dekomori started to appreciate that Nibutani is real enough to act fake than being Mori Summer. The chuuni battle was beyond cool and it really displayed the raw emotions they were both feeling at the time. I look forward to the next episode in store.
Old 2014-03-07, 15:06   Link #88
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
I disagree with you.
Even Nibutani, well a Japanese ofc, more than once, thought that Rikka and Yuta didn't look like a real couple. She couldn't believe that after 3 months they only held hands, nothing else and even tried to escalate things for the 2.
well you dont get my point, i'm talking about "a otaku shounen/seinen vision of love", from that standpoint their relationship is "what their are expectatig:
PURE
like what the true fake morisummer tried to have with deko, she see deko as a angel, pure and virgin, no kiss, she wanted be her first.

is more like yuuta and rikka, their until 2 years ago are just like 2 10 years old childrens trapped in teenagers body with all their chu2byou without need to think about love or really know what is love or how to express love, their just learned in the last yer ago, their are basically, now who finally love rearched them, their dont know what to do or dont have courage to do, their behavious like a children couple(10 or less year), their are trying to find the "pace", the episode 9 the talk between yuuta and touka made it very clear, ofcourse the peoples around then dont like their very slow pace, their want them go more fast, but neither yuuta or rikka feel ready to speed up their pace.

at same time yuuta natural human desires keep bothering him to speed up it, his heart/mind/love dont want that, he basically fine with the way their are doing, he is trying with his own way to evolve at same time also rikka in her own way is try to develop their relationship, we see whenever yuuta was scared to do another step, rikka ended doing it, their are doing the things in their own pace who is different from the others peoples "pace", who is just a plot excuse to us have a very milk/juice romance, with too much "moe(cute moments), because the watchers who was the peoples who the staff wanted to rearch like that things.

the romance between yuuta and rikka is like watching a baby starting to learn "how to walk" it's simple like that.
Old 2014-03-10, 13:16   Link #89
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

To bad KyoAni scriptwriters won't have a guts to make Shinka/Deko official couple (((. How I hate yuri shipping than you can't hope for anything more then that.

BTW. Their relationships reminds me of Sakurako and Himawari from YuruYuri. Same double-tsundere yuri pairing.
Old 2014-03-10, 18:46   Link #90
Anime Online

Quote:

It's perfectly normal.. for an anime. In anime, the smallest things are such a crazy big deal. Holding hands. Confession. These take on a life-or-death kind of significance that is detached from real life. It's a kind of fantasy world made for the otaku viewers. Even people living out their chuunibyou in anime high school become popular, instead of shunned and picked on.
Old 2014-03-10, 19:08   Link #91
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Confession.
This is something that's often a nerveracking experience that people do take deathly seriously in real life. Holding hands with someone you're in a relationship with is one thing, but I've known plenty of perfectly normal people in their 20s that find it hard to muster up the courage to tell a friend of theirs that they like them.
Old 2014-03-10, 23:08   Link #92
HandofFate

Finally got around to watching this episode.
argh, Rikka so close to losing her powers, and hopefully have a normal relationship with Yuuta, only to have to get thrown back.

Instead, to me it seems like its Satone now who ended up losing her powers even though she resolved earlier to never lose it.
Old 2014-03-11, 03:54   Link #93
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I disagree with you.
Nibutani is a self-proclaimed expert in romance, who, despite her seemingly vast knowledge, has yet to score a date of her own. She's hardly what I would call absolute authority on the subject.

A lot of people have very high expectations when they have their first real relationship, but how may of those actually meet those expectations? How many guys indeed get to kiss, or even have sex with their newly-acquired girlfriends right off the bat, or at least within a short timeframe? And even if the answer is a lot, that still means there are some people who take their sweet little time.

Yuuta may have a slight idea of what to expect or what he wants with Rikka, but considering his past experience of forcing his will upon her and how that ended up hurting her, he's taking his time, allowing her to find out for herself what she wants. This will take time, but the progress is there, albeit slower than most people are apparently willing to accept.
Old 2014-03-11, 09:42   Link #94
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I disagree with you.
It isn't perfectly normal. But it's understandable and believable given the circumstances.

Here's the thing - Rikka's adolescence and personal development has been severely stunted by her family issues. She is indeed a bit immature for her age.

Yuuta recognized this in Rikka, and it made him feel deeply sorry for her. His love for her is rooted in sympathy/empathy. Not physical attraction, not "Wow, what a great catch!", but sympathy/empathy. He doesn't find her unattractive, but he isn't drawn to her because of her physical appearance. She's attractive enough, but that's it.

There's pros and cons here.

The pro here is that his love for her is almost unconditional, and so Rikka is currently in the best position she could possibly be in (between Yuta and her wider circle of friends, especially Dekomori). Yes, one day she will have to seriously scale back the Chuuni, but she has an excellent support structure for someone who has endured her degree of stunted development. When it comes to having a strongly committed relationship with someone, Rikka and Yuta couldn't have it much better, because their relationship is rooted in emotions and altruistic love for one another.

The con here is that until Rikka matures a bit, it's going to be hard for sparks to fly in her romance with Yuta. I think that there's a part of Yuta that's deeply afraid of how Rikka, given her current level of maturity, would handle being seduced by him. He's afraid it would hurt her or destablize her. Until he's confident it wouldn't hurt her, he's not going to seduce her, because she's his girlfriend not because he thinks she's hot but because of his strong empathy-based love for her.

If Yuta was going out with Nibutani, they probably would have done it by now. Because that relationship would be rooted in Yuta thinking Nibutani is hot (he made that clear in Season 1), and Yuta would think that she can handle it (Nibutani would want it for her own reasons). So it's not that Yuta is some strangely asexual guy, it's that his current relationship does not lend itself to a more standard approach to sex.

It's a bit ironic, but Sophia is kind of right. The chuuni mask, if rarely/never lifted, gives an impression of immaturity, which generally doesn't gel well with trying to initiate sex with someone.
Old 2014-03-11, 09:53   Link #95
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Ok, let's forget about my last sentence.

Still, first thing first. My cmt focus on this part of ellessarr's post
Quote:
I put Nibutani there as an example for a Jap who didn't think that Rikka-Yuta's relationship progressed normally. So, pls, you guys needn't throw all those arguments at me. I've read enough in the few previous pages.
Old 2014-03-11, 16:19   Link #96
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Ok, let's forget about my last sentence.

Still, first thing first. My cmt focus on this part of ellessarr's post

I put Nibutani there as an example for a Jap who didn't think that Rikka-Yuta's relationship progressed normally. So, pls, you guys needn't throw all those arguments at me. I've read enough in the few previous pages.
ok then let's me correct my post

rikka and yuuta are a perfect couple looking from a otaku way to see "romance", point of view, a shy and childshi romance, when i use "japanese" i dont means who in real life all will be like that even in japan but the only place where we see this type of thing come from japana, come from japanese manga/anime/Light Novel culture.

this is how their like to paint "romance" in seinen and shounen in most of the cases.
Old 2014-03-17, 11:25   Link #97
kitten320

Every time I see comments "No this is not yuri, no this is not yaoi but massively strong friendship!" I want to facepalm.

Because if one of the parties was of opposite sex, people would have no problem claiming them as couple. Yet the moment characters are of same sex, every romance possibility is denied even though they had far closer interactions than let's say a normal couple.

Some people are in denial even after things are spelled out!

Just stop!

Yes Nibutani/Dekomori are not a couple but all possibilities and raised flags are there. You can't fully deny it.

Rika/Yuta and Nibutani/Dekomori situation and relationship are very similar. Both Dekomori and Rika are suffering from chuunibyou syndrome and ended admiring Yuuta/Nibutami who are both in denial of their past. Both pairs had their funny and heart warming moments, both Yuta and Nibutani try to get girls on the right path. Both parties had their moments of jealousy.

They are pretty much the same. The only difference is that Yuta/Rika admitted to date and yet their relationship is extremely slow paced while Dekomori/Nibutani had loads of cuddles/hugs and etc.

Just because this series are not yuri, doesn't make their relationship any less real. If creators wanted to avoid misunderstanding, they could have easily focused on other characters instead of these two. Or explored their relationship differently.

While it would be nice to have their relationship spelled out, I don't think it is necessary in order to ship the two. What we have so far is more than enough to base shipping around, especially for this type of show.