AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 09:40   Link #4561
AP24

Looked at the pics in vol 14, is Kirito wearing his SAO outfit?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 09:55   Link #4562
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Yes but just the clothes.
Old 2014-04-12, 10:06   Link #4563
Alvendra

Hi,Can you tell me? what's meaning of SAO 16.5 ?
Alvendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:16   Link #4564
noone

misuzu, forgive me for asking this, but who's the stronger char than both kirito and yuuki konno?
http://dailytop10.hubpages.com/hub/T...ine-Characters
i've read the comments section, the main list seem to be only limited to the anime only
so basically, it's either kirito or yuuki konno that placed #1 on people's list
I don't see unfamiliar names on their lists
noone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:40   Link #4565
HasuMasu
*Artist

I was joking about not telling anyway, but it's <<Kayaba Akihiko>>.
Old 2014-04-12, 12:07   Link #4566
noone

Smile

hahah I knew it, but kirito managed to kill him anyway so I thought it would be another guy.
so I think that makes yuuki the strongest char in sao as she was able to defeat kirito TWICE
what made me sad though was the fact she's now dead and kirito won't be able to have another bout with her to erase his loss.
plus the fact that kirito can't even make his own powerful OSS skill like yuuki in ALO is rather disappointing
and kirito himself claimed that even with dual wield he would still be defeated by yuuki/zekken(source SAO wiki)
he also said that if yuuki played SAO, she would've been the one to receive the Dual blades which I think one of the Highlights of his skill(again, from SAO wiki)

it's like he's just the #1 strongest char in SAO is just because the supposed #1 is dead

haha

I know i'm being immature, but that just ruins it for me. but that doesn't mean I will stop reading LN because I'm now focused on what will happen to Kirito, Asuna and the others in Underworld
peace
Old 2014-04-12, 17:58   Link #4567
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvendra View Post
Hi,Can you tell me? what's meaning of SAO 16.5 ?
SAO 16.5 was a short story written by the author back 10 or so years ago when SAO was just a webnovel. It was the author attempting to write an R18+ bedroom scene for that one part in chapter 16/episode 10.

It's not particularly good, and he does not seem to have really attempted a repeat. Now it's just a bit of embarrassing trivia the author would prefer to forget.

People mention it or reference it for various reasons. Usually to mock or bash the series for it's romance and/or fanservice aspects.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 18:37   Link #4568
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
SAO 16.5 was a short story written by the author back 10 or so years ago when SAO was just a webnovel. It was the author attempting to write an R18+ bedroom scene for that one part in chapter 16/episode 10.

It's not particularly good, and he does not seem to have really attempted a repeat. Now it's just a bit of embarrassing trivia the author would prefer to forget.

People mention it or reference it for various reasons. Usually to mock or bash the series for it's romance and/or fanservice aspects.
As a side note, it is written as a doujin posted in a hidden section of his website that can only be accessed by typing in its special URL at that time. (Now completely removed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
There's a fundamental problem with what I just read, and that is that long before Yuuki even appeared there was already someone stronger than Kirito.

I feel like I'll lose an important part of myself if I even have to spell out exactly who it is and why he's stronger than even Yuuki.
Well, Eugeo
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
I was joking about not telling anyway, but it's <<Kayaba Akihiko>>.
Isn't it admitted by both party of Kirito being stronger and that's one of the theme of SAO anyway of Kirito>Heathcliff isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone View Post
hahah I knew it, but kirito managed to kill him anyway so I thought it would be another guy.
so I think that makes yuuki the strongest char in sao as she was able to defeat kirito TWICE
what made me sad though was the fact she's now dead and kirito won't be able to have another bout with her to erase his loss.
plus the fact that kirito can't even make his own powerful OSS skill like yuuki in ALO is rather disappointing
and kirito himself claimed that even with dual wield he would still be defeated by yuuki/zekken(source SAO wiki)
he also said that if yuuki played SAO, she would've been the one to receive the Dual blades which I think one of the Highlights of his skill(again, from SAO wiki)

it's like he's just the #1 strongest char in SAO is just because the supposed #1 is dead

haha

I know i'm being immature, but that just ruins it for me. but that doesn't mean I will stop reading LN because I'm now focused on what will happen to Kirito, Asuna and the others in Underworld
peace
btw, isn't Kirito also believe that a number of people in UW are all stronger than himself?

Last edited by c933103; 2014-07-12 at 00:38.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 21:02   Link #4569
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
btw, isn't Kirito also believe that a number of people in UW are all stronger than himself?
hahahah
well, I was talking about SAO and ALO... people in UW are just artificial fluclights and they do not exist in Real life(most probably, not sure though)

IMHO what I felt they did about Mother's Rosario was:
"Oh let's introduce another character who's more stronger than the Main Character, AND could ABSOLUTELY beat the first game SAO who would be the one to save thousands of other players instead of kirito and should've been the Main Character instead...and let's kill her(yuuki konno) so kirito won't have the chance to regain his glory and let's end it at that because we'll now move to GGO "

I also felt like it shouldn't have ended there, Kirito could've atleast create his OSS stong enough to beat yuuki's OSS even though she's dead

I guess what i'll be saying is,
I don't mind if kirito "demolishes his Marty-Stu title" IF the one stronger than him was an Antagonist, yuuki, who have not shown to be antagonistic, could actually replace Kirito as the Hero of Aincrad and possibly as the Main Character....yea sure she's not as interesting as Kirito but if she could've been the one to save thousand of other players in SAO instead which is the highlight of Kirito's victories I guess that ruins it for me

pardon me if I'm being immature hahaha but then again it's my opinion
Old 2014-04-12, 21:19   Link #4570
sky black swordman

Quote:
Spoiler for Saving space:
Yeah, GGO took place before Mother's Rosario.
Old 2014-04-12, 21:33   Link #4571
noone

oh crap I meant UW
Old 2014-04-12, 22:15   Link #4572
XFire
150% done

Quote:
hahahah
well, I was talking about SAO and ALO... people in UW are just artificial fluclights and they do not exist in Real life(most probably, not sure though)

"Oh let's introduce another character who's more stronger than the Main Character, AND could ABSOLUTELY beat the first game SAO who would be the one to save thousands of other players instead of kirito and should've been the Main Character instead...and let's kill her(yuuki konno) so kirito won't have the chance to regain his glory and let's end it at that because we'll now move to GGO "

I also felt like it shouldn't have ended there, Kirito could've atleast create his OSS stong enough to beat yuuki's OSS even though she's dead

I don't mind if kirito "demolishes his Marty-Stu title" IF the one stronger than him was an Antagonist, yuuki, who have not shown to be antagonistic, could actually replace Kirito as the Hero of Aincrad and possibly as the Main Character....yea sure she's not as interesting as Kirito but if she could've been the one to save thousand of other players in SAO instead which is the highlight of Kirito's victories I guess that ruins it for me

Quick clarification here, just in case.

Yuki can out game Kazuto Kirigaya.

She could not, however, defeat Kirito the Black Swordsman.

There is a distinct difference between the two, as is mentioned in writing. If Yuki had somehow been a legitimate threat to Asuna or himself, instead of a fellow gamer, she'd have died in their first fight.
Old 2014-04-12, 22:56   Link #4573
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

There is a distinct difference between the two, as is mentioned in writing. If Yuki had somehow been a legitimate threat to Asuna or himself, instead of a fellow gamer, she'd have died in their first fight.
In other words, Yuuki has the raw talents and skill to win against Kirito the Gamer but she doesn't have enough real 'kill-or-be-killed' combat experiences to win against Kirito the Black Swordman.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:06   Link #4574
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
hahahah

Personal ability is not what required to clear the SAO game. To clear the SAO, you would need all players to work together.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 01:36   Link #4575
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Personal ability is not what required to clear the SAO game. To clear the SAO, you would need all players to work together.
that's definitely right, but she could team up other players too, well, that is if she played sao... hahaha

now do you guys know if UW is the last arc of sao? I'm curious
Old 2014-04-13, 01:42   Link #4576
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

It was the last arc in the Web Novel.
However, it's possible that's only because soon after, Accel World, and then SAO began official publication.

So I guess we'll find out in two years...
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 01:54   Link #4577
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

pardon me for being the dumb one hahaha
but can you please elaborate the diff bet Kazuto and Kirito the swordsman?
Old 2014-04-13, 01:57   Link #4578
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
pardon me for being the dumb one hahaha
but can you please elaborate the diff bet Kazuto and Kirito the swordsman?
He means that Kirito has no reason to fight seriously. The idea is that because Kirito or anyone he knows is not in danger, he will not do his best to overcome an enemy.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 02:20   Link #4579
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
He means that Kirito has no reason to fight seriously. The idea is that because Kirito or anyone he knows is not in danger, he will not do his best to overcome an enemy.
oh is that so hahaha
well from the comments before, they said that kirito is a competitive player and he was fighting seriously when he fought zekken/yuuki. it was an honest defeat, they said

Last edited by noone; 2014-04-13 at 03:04.
Old 2014-04-13, 02:23   Link #4580
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'll drop the <<emphasis>> for now.

Regrding what's been said about Kirito actually being stronger than Heathcliff I think this actually should have been the case, but Kawahara Reki messed it up.

In their first fight Kirito was clearly stronger, and I fully expected him to beat Heathcliff in even more decisive manner during their second fight since Heathcliff disengaged over-assist.

We all know, however, that this is not what happened.

What happened was Kawahara Reki totally flipped over what was established in the first fight and made it so that Heathcliff not only never really needed the over-assist but Kirito couldn't even hit him. All Kirito's attacks were blocked then parried and Asuna saved him from getting killed...then he got killed anyway.

You could say that Heathcliff was killed anyway, and he totally was...but with a smile and literlly zero resistance. He literally just looked at Kirito and got stabbed.

I don't know exactly what Kawahara Reki was thinking at the time, but what can be concluded is that he decided to throw out the original idea of Kirito actually being stronger than Heathcliff and at the very end flipped it on its head with Heathcliff so far unchallenged as strongest since he never fought again.

On another note I did say that Heathcliff is probably stronger than even Yuuki, and that's because Kirito couldn't beat Heathcliff even if his life literally depended on it regardless of Dual Wielding which most likely Yuuki can't beat unless she pulls out her own Dual Wielding...and then when Heathcliff pulls out Dual Wielding I have no idea.

For comparison remember that Kirito's last duel with Yuuki was described as an epic long battle whereas Kirito's fight with Death Gun was hopeless and took Death Gun neither time nor effort to beat Kirito until he pulled out Dual Wielding. (sort of)

Underworld is kind of a mixed bag. On one hand you have Kirito calling everyone and everyone's grandma stronger than him...and then proving the exact opposite. We see this when he seemingly gets manhandled by Alice and then all of a sudden his countenance changes and she's beaten in one move...though since the whole point of them being there was to save her she escapes getting killed and you know the rest.

Then there's Bercouli outright saying Kirito's stronger, so I think it's better to leave Underworld out of it...

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality