AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2021-04-21, 01:36   Link #1
Garr

My Science Experiments

Machines that I built for science experiments. I entered these machines into science fairs and won every single one.

Below is a Microbial Fuel Cell, this is a device that generates electricity using decomposing organic waste. It works by using the electrochemical reactions of the decomposing waste to discharge electrons. Bacteria with electrochemically active redox proteins such as cytochromes on their outer membrane transfer electrons directly to an electron donor called the anode which discharges the excess electrons to an electron acceptor called the cathode, generating a flow of electricity.

Garr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-21, 18:24   Link #2
Garr

A Water Jet, this is a propulsion system for water transport that works by using motor driven turbines to compress water into a nozzle in order to pressurize it and produce thrust. The 1st vehicles to use water jet propulsion are the Trafalgar Class Stealth Submarines used by the British Navy since 1983. Because the water is concentrated into a jet, the noise signature of the water jet is lower than a propeller and this makes the submarine harder to detect using sonar. The next vehicle to be propelled by water jets is the Sea Fighter used by the US Navy since 2003, the use of a Small Waterline Area Twin Hull design to reduce hydrodynamic drag along with the thrust produced by the water jets allows the Sea Fighter to reach a top speed of 102km/h.

Images
BIG
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-04-22, 20:58   Link #3
Garr

A Water Filter, it works by using stones and sediment to block dirt and other particulates from water in order to purify it.

Old 2021-04-23, 20:52   Link #4
Garr

A Vertical Axis Wind Turbine, it works by letting the force of incoming wind push the turbine blades in order to rotate a permanent magnet DC generator. This type of generator works by using the input mechanical energy to turn a permanent magnet which induces an electrical current in an inductor surrounding the magnet by using the rotating magnetic field to attract the electrons in the inductor and force them to move around the coil, generating a flow of electricity.

Old 2021-04-24, 18:28   Link #5
Garr

A front view of a step-up transformer, this is a device that steps-up the voltage of an alternating current. When current is alternating, the acceleration and decceleration of the electrons in the wire causes the photons surrounding the electrons to accelerate and deccelerate back and forth because of their attraction to the electrons and this becomes what is known as radiation. When the AC is run into an inductor, it causes the radiation of become focused because of the rotation of the electrons being aligned in the coiled wire, causing it to generate circulating lines of photons known as a magnetic field, and since the current is intermittent, the magnetic field oscillates, causing intense radiation to be emitted in all directions. The radiation is then absorbed by placing a second inductor in the presence of the primary inductor, causing the electrons in the secondary inductor to be attracted to the radiation and move in the same direction that the radiation moves. To amplify the voltage, the number of turns in the secondary inductors is increased to multiply the forces exerted by the moving electrons and add them up, causing the voltage to increase.

Images
BIG
Old 2021-04-25, 09:09   Link #6
Garr

A rear view of the same step-up transformer:

Images
BIG
Old 2021-04-25, 17:38   Link #7
Garr

A thermoelectric generator, it works by using a source of heat to induce an electrical current in junctions of dissimilar metals called thermocouples to absorb the heat and generate electricity. When the heat makes contact with the thermocouples, the heat causes the electrons in the thermocouples' atoms to move through the circuit with the positive junction containing an excess of electrons and emitting it and the negative junction containing a deficiency of electrons, enabling it to absorb the excess electrons from the positive junction, and when the negative junction gets full, it discharges the excess electrons to the adjacent positive junction of another thermocouple instead of sending it back to its own positive junction because its connection is facing the source of heat which repels the electrons to the connection with the adjacent thermocouple which is not facing the heat source, generating a flow of electrical current which is stopped only when the heat source is removed and the excess electrons have returned back to the positive junctions. In this configuration, the thermoelectric generator uses a gas burner as the heat source.

Images
BIG
Old 2021-04-26, 19:04   Link #8
Garr

In this other configuration, the thermoelectric generator uses solar radiation as the heat source, allowing it to function as a solar panel.

Images
BIG
Old 2021-04-29, 22:21   Link #9
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garr View Post
Machines that I built for science experiments. I entered these machines into science fairs and won every single one.

Below is a Microbial Fuel Cell, this is a device that generates electricity using decomposing organic waste. It works by using the electrochemical reactions of the decomposing waste to discharge electrons. Bacteria with electrochemically active redox proteins such as cytochromes on their outer membrane transfer electrons directly to an electron donor called the anode which discharges the excess electrons to an electron acceptor called the cathode, generating a flow of electricity.

It turns out you've been going around and taking credit for other's people work in fields from science to the fine arts. These MFCs were not something you personally worked on: the project is from the Okinawa Prefectural Livestock and Grassland Research Center's OIST Biological Systems Unit lab. I'm not sure what you think you stand to gain by doing this, but I would be happy to hear you out as to why you're claiming to have submitted this project, clearly above middle and secondary level, to science fairs for awards.
Old 2021-04-30, 02:04   Link #10
Garr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
It turns out you've been going around and taking credit for other's people work in fields from science to the fine arts. These MFCs were not something you personally worked on: the project is from the Okinawa Prefectural Livestock and Grassland Research Center's OIST Biological Systems Unit lab. I'm not sure what you think you stand to gain by doing this, but I would be happy to hear you out as to why you're claiming to have submitted this project, clearly above middle and secondary level, to science fairs for awards.
I took that image and used it as an example because I did not have a picture of the microbial fuel cell that I built for a science fair years ago.

Digital cameras were not common at the time and I did not want to use a film camera to document my work.

But I did build the device which is comprised of a plastic box containing decomposing organic waste and two slots for the zinc and copper terminals.

The zinc terminal acts as the positive junction or cathode because it has an excess of electrons and discharges the electrons to the copper terminal which acts as the negative junction or anode because it has a deficiency of electrons, generating electricity.

The cathode is also referred to as the electron donor while the anode can also be referred to as the electron acceptor.

The images for the other projects were taken from an image hosting website, and the account that has the images belongs to me so you can be sure that I did all of these things.

The science projects I posted here are all mine.
Old 2021-04-30, 11:42   Link #11
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

It would be easier to believe, if it were the case that in another thread, the Apollo 11 launch painting you posted, was in fact yours; the painting was made by Richard Beard, and there, you also suggested "your" painting won awards. It's one thing to simply share things you may have done, but your claims about having won awards for everything strikes me as a bit off. As it stands now, I am not convinced you understand the science behind the projects you're saying you worked on. Perhaps you can start by explaining why you would pick zinc and copper for the respective cathode or anodes to demonstrate that you do, in fact, know the science.
Old 2021-04-30, 16:54   Link #12
Garr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
It would be easier to believe, if it were the case that in another thread, the Apollo 11 launch painting you posted, was in fact yours; the painting was made by Richard Beard, and there, you also suggested "your" painting won awards. It's one thing to simply share things you may have done, but your claims about having won awards for everything strikes me as a bit off. As it stands now, I am not convinced you understand the science behind the projects you're saying you worked on. Perhaps you can start by explaining why you would pick zinc and copper for the respective cathode or anodes to demonstrate that you do, in fact, know the science.
Again, I did make the painting of the moon rocket but I did not take a photo of the painting at the time I made it.

When I visited the place where the painting was exhibited to take a photo, the painting was no longer there.

I contacted their administration and asked them to find the painting but they have not located it in their storeroom as of yet.

This is my fault for not properly documenting my work.

However my painting of the NSX battleship from Magic Knight Rayearth is really mine.

And as for the use of zinc and copper strips, in any solid state power generation system that uses various phenomenon such as chemical reactions, heat, radiation, radioactivity, and nuclear reactions to produce electricity, dissimilar pairs of materials are always used.

In semiconductor physics and quantum electrodynamics, one material which has an excess of electrons called the positive material, cathode, or the material with the electron pairs, is connected to the material with a deficiency of electrons, called the negative material, anode, or the material with the electron holes.

When the source of energy in the form of chemical reactions, heat, radiation, radioactivity, and nuclear reactions comes in contact with the cathode, the energy forces the electrons out of the cathode and into the anode which contains the electron holes. When the anode gets full, the electricity flows out into the ground or return circuit and back into the cathode, generating a flow of electricity.
Old 2021-05-02, 18:45   Link #13
Garr

An automatic ID scanning sentry, it works by using a barcode scanner to scan the IDs. When the laser light from the barcode scanner touches the barcode, the light bounces off the surface and into a receiver in the scanner that converts the light into electricity using photoelectric materials. The signal generated in the process is converted into a digital signal using an analog to digital converter before sending it to the microprocessor that is running an ID scanner program. The program compares the input data to a list of codes in a database and if the input code is found in the database, the program sends a signal to the sentry to open and if not, the sentry remains closed and an error message appears stating that the ID is invalid.