AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-22, 23:02   Link #161
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
What I really want to know now is how Desumi is so strong, Fudo I get it as he trains a lot, but we really don't see her training much, we now saw her past training with Daigo. Is it because she is from a Gekko family?
Story's too lighthearted to assume she's been genetically experimented on...
Old 2022-05-22, 23:46   Link #162
Lex79

I assume she's simply naturally gifted.
Old 2022-05-24, 03:17   Link #163
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 06:50   Link #164
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Sadly (and obviously) Zonette didn't make the transition for the American Carranger adaptation: Power Rangers Turbo. Instead, the Americans introduced their own boobs villainess: Divatox

You know....FOR KIDS!!
Old 2022-05-24, 21:56   Link #165
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Their color scheme and personality kinda identical to Fuudo and Desumi.
I guess now we know which Sentai is author childhood on top of obvious "Fine, I'll do it myself with my OC" move.

Old 2022-05-27, 09:40   Link #166
Frontier

Well, nothing gets the day off to a bad start than knowing someone has candid pics of your relationship and might expose you. Sorry, Fudo .

I was not expecting Ayane Sakura as a gyaru going to Desumi's school and who teases her...let alone the other revelations about her in this episode, but hey, more Ayaneru is never a bad thing .

Beast Princess and Steel Princess go to Desumi's school with her!? All the Princess series go to the same school!? Steel Princesses real name is Kyoko!? They're the student council president and a discipline officer respectively!? Wow ...

I love how Fudo's first priority is respecting Desumi's privacy, both because he cares about her and because he thinks if her identity as Red Gelato's girlfriend got outted other people would see how much of an angel she is and immediately scout her .

Hojo has a great pair of legs, but despite being a gyaru who thinks she knows how to toy with a boys heart...she's not prepared for Fudo's sheer bluntness and absolute loyalty to Desumi. And in the end it turns out she's not trying to steal Fudo from Desumi at all but trying to steal Desumi from Fudo! She fell in love with her when Desumi was the only person who would talk to her and accept her for who she is! She and Fudo left things pretty cordially, especially because Fudo respects someone who loves Desumi like he does, but she's set herself as his rival in love for Desumi's heart .

I had a feeling Hojo was in Gekko too, and it turns out she's Heat Princess. And she's been simping for Desumi incognito the whole time .

Poor Haru needs to study for tests, but luckily Fudo despite being a musclehead is actually pretty smart! And Desumi wants in on this study session .

Going straight into enemy territory for a study session in Desumi's room at the Gekko womens' dorm. All Fudo can think of is that he finally gets to see Desumi's place. I love how Haru is able to fit into the costume and wear the helmet but Fudo has the mask on backwards the whole time. Also, the Kaijin live at the dorm too huh .

Hellko slap! Keeping Fudo back on point before he loses himself even more in the glow of Desumi's room .

Yeah, I'm not surprised Desumi is smart and just lied so she could get Fudo and Haru to let her get involved with the study session, although the fact that these two have a rule that if someone lies they have to get hit is surprisingly cute .

Sexy Desumi-sensei in the mini-skirt and blouse! Oh boy .

Well, Fudo and Desumi are smart, but they're not naturally great at teaching people...Fudo relates everything to muscles and Desumi relies too much on pure instinct. Poor Haru learned nothing other than how these two really are peas in a pod .

With the two alone, their thoughts turn to their future together and what they plan to do after high school. Fudo wants to become a teacher and Desumi wants to go to college with him, which seems like a nice plan for the pair...and then her father and little sister appear outside her room ready to come in. Looks like Fudo is going to meet Desumi's family sooner than expected .
Old 2022-05-27, 12:42   Link #167
Lex79

Ah, one of my least favorite trope, the lesbian love rival. She doesn't seem as bad as the ones I'm used to see, and Fudo and Desumi are already an unbreakable couple so there is no risk of stalling the romantic development, but still she leaves me with a bad aftertaste.
Speaking of rivals, Haru seems to have completely moved on from Fudo and she has no problems spending time with him and Desumi, even if it's in the Gekko dormitory (which, as noted, has a very lax security).
I'm used to see muscular characters being stereotypically dumb, and not only Fudo is actually a brilliant student, but his study method involves muscles....this series never ceases to amaze.
Old 2022-05-27, 15:42   Link #168
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Speaking of rivals, Haru seems to have completely moved on from Fudo and she has no problems spending time with him and Desumi
One thing i am confused about is how was Haru planning to go along with her love for Fudo.
I mean, Gelato has the rule of "no relationship between colleague".
So, there was no way she could have been with Fudo from the start, unless she left the team to pursue her love, but that could have caused issue as well.

Old 2022-05-27, 15:53   Link #169
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
One thing i am confused about is how was Haru planning to go along with her love for Fudo.
So, there was no way she could have been with Fudo from the start, unless she left the team to pursue her love, but that could have caused issue as well.
Maybe she was planning to love him from afar...
Old 2022-05-27, 16:21   Link #170
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Maybe she was planning to love him from afar...
Aka., an "Unrequited love".
Meaning she was mentally prepared from start to give-up on Fudo and move-on, even before she learned about his relationship with Desumi.

Old 2022-05-27, 16:40   Link #171
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
It's possible she didn't know about the rule when she joined, and then decided that getting closer to him while working together was still her best chance, even if she had to wait until they retire from Gelato 5 to be in a relationship.
It may also be possible that Green is the only one who is really strict about that rule.
Old 2022-05-27, 16:59   Link #172
Frontier

Quote:
It's possible she didn't know about the rule when she joined, and then decided that getting closer to him while working together was still her best chance, even if she had to wait until they retire from Gelato 5 to be in a relationship.
It may also be possible that Green is the only one who is really strict about that rule.
The professor seemed so gung-ho about helping Fudo's relationship that I can believe he'd be pretty chill about interteam dating. Daigo probably just needs an excuse to refuse Misaki's advances .
Old 2022-05-27, 18:51   Link #173
Magewolf

Steel Princess was cute as the student council president but how does that square with the other two girls being surprised at her figure when they see her out of armor? I mean you can not miss she is packing a pair of heavy cannons and nice legs in the school uniform.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 19:24   Link #174
grecefar

Quote:
Ah, one of my least favorite trope, the lesbian love rival. She doesn't seem as bad as the ones I'm used to see, and Fudo and Desumi are already an unbreakable couple so there is no risk of stalling the romantic development, but still she leaves me with a bad aftertaste.
yeah I really hate this trope, the less we see of her the better.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 21:13   Link #175
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Speaking of rivals, Haru seems to have completely moved on from Fudo and she has no problems spending time with him and Desumi, even if it's in the Gekko dormitory (which, as noted, has a very lax security).
I'm used to see muscular characters being stereotypically dumb, and not only Fudo is actually a brilliant student, but his study method involves muscles....this series never ceases to amaze.
Glad to see that I'm not the only that has mixed feelings on that trope. I don't hate the idea, it's just that usually the girl in question ends up being annoying as hell
Old 2022-05-28, 00:44   Link #176
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Steel Princess was cute as the student council president but how does that square with the other two girls being surprised at her figure when they see her out of armor? I mean you can not miss she is packing a pair of heavy cannons and nice legs in the school uniform.
Desumi seems less endowed when she wears the uniform, so maybe it hides the curves well?
But considering also the previously discussed matter about love between coworkers, I wouldn't be surprised if the author didn't think too much about the setting being 100% coherent but introduces things on the spot if he needs them for a joke.
Old 2022-05-28, 04:03   Link #177
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
The way I got this is that them going to the same school is a relatively recent development. What confuses me is how is Beast Princess a discipline officer. Being a delinquent would fit her so much better.
Old 2022-05-28, 05:28   Link #178
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
The way I got this is that them going to the same school is a relatively recent development. What confuses me is how is Beast Princess a discipline officer. Being a delinquent would fit her so much better.
Not my first delinquent-like discipline officer.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 09:12   Link #179
ryllharu

I don't think the Princesses really understood that they all work or study together. After all, none of them know Heat Princess' identity and they don't even know that Hojo works at Gekko. Only the recent developments that made them realize they're all classmates. Beast Princess and Desumi probably did know, as the single exception until recently.

It was obviously soft-retconned in, but I'm willing to let it go.

Quote:
They take to another level though, where Fudo and Desumi are both brilliant, but how they arrive at their answers are so completely incoherent, they're still kind of dumb in their own ways.

They're instinctually intelligent. Fudo is still a complete meathead, he just has such an advanced understanding of anatomy, that he can apply it to other subjects, lol.

Haru ultimately drawing it out and then suddenly understanding it...that's high-level gag payoff.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 09:13   Link #180
Frontier

Quote:
Quote:
Desumi seems less endowed when she wears the uniform, so maybe it hides the curves well?
But considering also the previously discussed matter about love between coworkers, I wouldn't be surprised if the author didn't think too much about the setting being 100% coherent but introduces things on the spot if he needs them for a joke.
It seems like they've only recently really interacted with or actually become friends for each other, so it could be that they didn't really see each other much or interact outside Gekko meetings.

They don't even know who Heat Princess really is so they may not have initially been aware of their civilian identities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I mean, she seems more focused on doing her job for Gekko than Desumi is and was the one harping on the no-relationship rule while also actually doing the feminine course Desumi was teaching. I think she might be more responsible than she looks .