AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-26, 11:41   Link #41
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, this episode has Leo trying hard to apply Japanese drinking etiquette to get outta dodge but to no avail. Btw, was he reincarnated from futuristic Japan in that early scene? Or is this world just the far future after a time skip?
Its not an isekai, the setting is definitely post apocalyptic but we don't know much else at this point.

Is there some kind of rule that demon lords have to be flat chested?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-26, 12:02   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Is there some kind of rule that demon lords have to be flat chested?
Flat chested? Have you seen the Maou in Maoyuu?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Just look at those lethal cannons!! ^^^ (or as the Maou herself called them: useless meat)

People have been comparing Maoyuu & this show a lot, and you said that there's a rule that Maous have to be flat chested? Where did that come from? There is no such rule .
Old 2022-04-26, 12:34   Link #43
grecefar

Thing were getting good at the end but those two had to interrupt because the other generals just want some attention too.

It was funny thought...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-26, 12:35   Link #44
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
Flat chested? Have you seen the Maou in Maoyuu?
Fair enough, though I kinda hated Maoyuu and dropped it. Admittedly, on the surface it is pretty similar to this.

IMO female demon lords are still more often than not modestly endowed (and/or lolis) like Eve from Redo of Healer or Ariel from So I'm a Spider. Big tiddy demon lords are still in the minority.
Old 2022-04-26, 17:14   Link #45
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Fair enough, though I kinda hated Maoyuu and dropped it. Admittedly, on the surface it is pretty similar to this.

IMO female demon lords are still more often than not modestly endowed (and/or lolis) like Eve from Redo of Healer or Ariel from So I'm a Spider. Big tiddy demon lords are still in the minority.
That is a matter of time period. Flat chested demon lords were a reaction to all the tiddy monster demon lords that came before them.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-26, 21:26   Link #46
Decel

Dropping this after ep4, it's quirky but too generic and the pacing is a tad too slow for my taste.

Also too many Leo-monologues.
Old 2022-04-30, 12:52   Link #47
Ghostfriendly

Key difference from Maou Maoyuu Yuusha; this should be called Mansplaining: the series. The idea of an insufferably competent hero was decent, Shutina, Lily and demon queen clearly aren't talentless, but they just as clearly exist to be ineffectual pathetic fanservice and get saved by the male hero, in the sadly familiar manner of these trashy male fantasies which Maou so thankfully avoided. It would have been easy for the girls to fight respectable duels with the hero (as the male generals did), to score even the odd point off him rather than being continually made fools of, or to justify their rank and existence by independent problem solving with their individual knowledge/skills rather than the wonderful male hero's advice. That would defeat the show's purpose, though, which is not to be a good or egalitarian anime.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 10:04   Link #48
EroKing
Version Nightmare

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-05-03, 14:37   Link #49
grecefar

aw I didn't want some deep reason of him joining the demons army, it was plenty good and funny that he just wanted to end humanity after they throw him away.
Old 2022-05-04, 07:33   Link #50
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Sadly not on Crunchyroll...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 08:10   Link #51
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Key difference from Maou Maoyuu Yuusha; this should be called Mansplaining: the series. The idea of an insufferably competent hero was decent, Shutina, Lily and demon queen clearly aren't talentless, but they just as clearly exist to be ineffectual pathetic fanservice and get saved by the male hero, in the sadly familiar manner of these trashy male fantasies which Maou so thankfully avoided. It would have been easy for the girls to fight respectable duels with the hero (as the male generals did), to score even the odd point off him rather than being continually made fools of, or to justify their rank and existence by independent problem solving with their individual knowledge/skills rather than the wonderful male hero's advice. That would defeat the show's purpose, though, which is not to be a good or egalitarian anime.
I do get this point. There's this male hero who defeated this female demon lord who is now telling everyone what to do and you'll have to listen to me since I'm the one who defeated you and knows all of the answers etc.

But I don't think it's intentional, IMO it's more because of the previous cycle of overly competent demon lords totally dominating everything around them, and now we return to stories involving a competent hero who happened to be male, and when it gets stale we'll get OP demon lord stories again.

Just like what Magewolf said about the big tiddy/flat chested demon lords, it's also a cycle
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 10:58   Link #52
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 6
Leo's backstory is finally revealed and it is a very nice twist. This is no isekai. If I were in his shoes, I would have done the same.
leongsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 11:41   Link #53
stray
Classic Tsundere

Well, its definitely post apocalyptic but I guess the apocalypse was magical in nature.
Old 2022-05-10, 12:55   Link #54
grecefar

Humanity needs to know how bad they messed up by throw him away.

I like the bonding of mernes and leon, it can be a good bromance.
Old 2022-05-10, 19:38   Link #55
Dark Wing

Well we finally get confirmation that world this story takes place in is a post apocalyptic earth and Leo is the last super soldier from an experiment that happened thousands of years ago.

Now this is a surprise I didn't expect. When you think about it, Leo's story is similar to many veterans who are casted aside by the the country they were willing give everything for.
Old 2022-05-11, 02:38   Link #56
Chosen_Hero

Am I the only one thats gotten tired of seeing Demon Lords not acting like Demon Lords? It's about as boring as having the church in one of these anime be evil... again... for like the billionth time.

Also, heroes not wanting to be heroes is also tiring and boring to watch, definitely tired of these pedantic heroes as of late.
Old 2022-05-11, 07:50   Link #57
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Am I the only one thats gotten tired of seeing Demon Lords not acting like Demon Lords? It's about as boring as having the church in one of these anime be evil... again... for like the billionth time.

Also, heroes not wanting to be heroes is also tiring and boring to watch, definitely tired of these pedantic heroes as of late.
But we have seen Hero who act like hero and demon lord who act like demon lord for like trillionth time already from other anime in the past years.
Old 2022-05-11, 08:37   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

I mean, demon lords & heroes have been played straight since the days of JRPG in various media for decades that grossly outnumber entries like I'm Quitting Heroing. If you're bored with the current twist, you can always go back to hundreds of past titles (anime, manga, novels & games) to get your fix.
Old 2022-05-18, 04:40   Link #59
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
But we have seen Hero who act like hero and demon lord who act like demon lord for like trillionth time already from other anime in the past years.
Yeah, and those didn't bore me as much as the boring demonlords and heroes we get nowadays.

Quote:
I mean, demon lords & heroes have been played straight since the days of JRPG in various media for decades that grossly outnumber entries like I'm Quitting Heroing. If you're bored with the current twist, you can always go back to hundreds of past titles (anime, manga, novels & games) to get your fix.
And they have worked for this long for a good reason, unlike the new age demon lords and heroes from manga and LN that are either just playing the world's most boring videogames or plain old public workers in "fantasy" cosplay trying to make the fantasy world into the real world for some dumb reason.

Twists in a genre are fine and good (I like a good twist when it's done well), but when you forget and ignore the roots of why that genre has worked you end up with boring copy and paste stories like the glut of shitty isekai stories (thankfully some at least have the decency of being fun to actually watch or read).

Honestly, I don't even consider these supposed "fantasy" stories to even be part of the fantasy genre, they definitely haven't earned the same type of respect in my opinion.

------

I have already seen them and I don't watch things more than once unless they are exceptionally good, what I want is new stories in a similar vein to those old ones. I would rather have writers learn to write actual good fantasy stories that honor and learn from the old ones than to have them stagnate and damage the fantasy genre with the low effort copy/paste writing some of these stories (mainly in manga /LN) have been skating by.

If I sound way too harsh then it's because fantasy and sci-fi are my two personal favorite genre's and the worst anyone can do is bore me to tears with their writing in them and I'm not even asking for it to have perfect writing, just that it at least holds my interest and attention until the end of the episode instead of having me lose it and focus more on writing this whole reply instead of focusing on watching the episode itself.
Old 2022-05-24, 10:44   Link #60
grecefar

I really hate flashbacks, fucking chapter, I skipped it.