AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-24, 14:13   Link #61
stray
Classic Tsundere

It was a good flashback though... but yeah the big reveal is pushed to next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Twists in a genre are fine and good (I like a good twist when it's done well), but when you forget and ignore the roots of why that genre has worked you end up with boring copy and paste stories like the glut of shitty isekai stories (thankfully some at least have the decency of being fun to actually watch or read).
Have you never heard of Sturgeon's Law?

You're not entirely wrong as far as genre trappings but I think the ship has sailed for a lot of classic morality tropes and unambiguiously good or evil MCs. The evil church thing is timeless though. There is stuff like Kiseki too if you want a nicer RPG church.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 15:00   Link #62
Alchemist007
*Author

Certainly felt like a chapter from a book that might be worth reading, also new ED wasn't bad, though we never exactly got to see the events of the first since he STILL hasn't revealed himself.
Old 2022-05-26, 19:19   Link #63
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I do get this point. There's this male hero who defeated this female demon lord who is now telling everyone what to do and you'll have to listen to me since I'm the one who defeated you and knows all of the answers etc.

But I don't think it's intentional, IMO it's more because of the previous cycle of overly competent demon lords totally dominating everything around them, and now we return to stories involving a competent hero who happened to be male, and when it gets stale we'll get OP demon lord stories again.

Just like what Magewolf said about the big tiddy/flat chested demon lords, it's also a cycle
'Happened to be male' is disingenuous. The last competent demon lord with the part-time job I recall was male; while Maoh was much better, it undermined the 'competent' heroine quite a lot. Competent demon lord or hero, its generally the same old male fantasy.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 16:06   Link #64
EroKing
Version Nightmare

Old 2022-05-30, 16:26   Link #65
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
It was a good flashback though... but yeah the big reveal is pushed to next week.Have you never heard of Sturgeon's Law?

You're not entirely wrong as far as genre trappings but I think the ship has sailed for a lot of classic morality tropes and unambiguiously good or evil MCs. The evil church thing is timeless though. There is stuff like Kiseki too if you want a nicer RPG church.
There are some stories with decent churches, though the terrible ones outweigh them heavily. For example, there was Saihate no Paladin recently where the church is actually good and there is also Index where the church is no more (probably less) messed up than everybody else.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-31, 11:30   Link #66
grecefar

When he mentioned anothe stone I knew there wasn't something that convenient and easy to reach and solve all the problems.

I think the hardest part of this plan in not to face leo, is to make peace with the humans.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-31, 11:32   Link #67
Marina2

Whoa, suddenly, ep.9 just made this show a lot more interesting.
Old 2022-05-31, 12:55   Link #68
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
There are some stories with decent churches, though the terrible ones outweigh them heavily. For example, there was Saihate no Paladin recently where the church is actually good and there is also Index where the church is no more (probably less) messed up than everybody else.
Index has multiple different churches conspiring against each other constantly though... and then there's Roberto Katze

I didn't really realize before seeing her walk in the snow but Echidna's tail is really sort of impressive. What her chest lacks it sort of makes up for.
Old 2022-05-31, 13:26   Link #69
Alchemist007
*Author

Too bad her temperament isn't up to her supposed strength. At least the hero isn't feeling the effects of it.
Old 2022-06-01, 07:04   Link #70
stray
Classic Tsundere

Its too bad Leo's not a harem protagonist with a literal black hole at his heart.
Old 2022-06-01, 13:04   Link #71
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Huh, I wasn't expecting that, but then again I didn't expect this world to be earth in the 5060s

I don't know how they'll resolve this though, Leo could easily kill them all without breaking a sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
'Happened to be male' is disingenuous. The last competent demon lord with the part-time job I recall was male; while Maoh was much better, it undermined the 'competent' heroine quite a lot. Competent demon lord or hero, its generally the same old male fantasy.
I agree with all these still catering to the male demographic, we're still the primary audience for this after all, but my point was that I didn't and still don't think this was written this way primarily because of the "male hero saving the female demon lord" angle, it just happens that we're at that part of the cycle, things will definitely switch around when the current trend becomes stale.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 00:01   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Really nice episode. Looks like I made a good decision binging where I left off.

I'm really interested in Leo's plan here. He should know that the five of them most likely still have no chance to beat him. But if all it takes to get the PS is to rip his heart out, why can't he do it himself? I'm interested in his real goal to do all of this machination.
Old 2022-06-07, 11:30   Link #73
stray
Classic Tsundere

Echidna appears to have a secret weapon... now to see if it works. Kind of makes sense that she took over PoV for this part.
Old 2022-06-07, 14:01   Link #74
Rasty

I hate the latest developments. I guess we are supposed to infer that he for some reason can't just commit suicide and he just wants to be weak and die. So the expected development is that Leo gets his "heart" gouged out and thus loses most of his power, but regenerates a new heart (possibly connected with Echidona) that will allow him to live, get old and die.

I think the anime does a terrible job in showing that Leo doesn't want to do public good and even worse in showing that he is forced to. Like, why not just say f**k it and go playing a sage by barricading himself in a random cave for hundreds of years? Even if he had some sudden impulses to go protect the world, if he doesn't know it is endangered he can't. And he has shown that he is able to enjoy other things too. And he has shown exactly 0 destructive tendencies so far.

Though my main problem is still with the plotline that has been so popular in JP works of "Yey, let's become weak, mortal and absolutely average" as I see really no reason why that should be a good thing for anyone so any story that ends like that just keeps bad aftertaste.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-07, 15:19   Link #75
Huh...?

Quote:
I think the anime does a terrible job in showing that Leo doesn't want to do public good and even worse in showing that he is forced to. Like, why not just say f**k it and go playing a sage by barricading himself in a random cave for hundreds of years? Even if he had some sudden impulses to go protect the world, if he doesn't know it is endangered he can't. And he has shown that he is able to enjoy other things too. And he has shown exactly 0 destructive tendencies so far.
The "protocol" of saving the Human World when in danger is engraved in his very being and its a directive which he can't ignore even if he locks himself inside some place and go full NEET.

And the probable reason why he can't kill himself might be related to his "super growth". I mean, how is someone able to kill themself, if they have immunity to everything they learn. There is a possibility that, there might a be a protocol built-in which doesn't allow him to kill himself.

The most likely reason Leo can act normal other times, is because his "compulsory protocol" only activates when the Humans are in danger, and after defeating Echidna once, that protocol isn't active now as Humans aren't in danger currently, which is allowing him to do what he wants.

And its not that Leo doesn't want to do public good.
Its the fear of losing his way and harming innocent people which is compelling him to do what he is doing (clearly understood from all the talk in Episode 10).
As for the reason on why he fears going rouge, well there is a reason for that which haven't been covered in the Anime yet, so not going to mention it.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-07, 16:13   Link #76
grecefar

Mmm not liking Leo playing the heel now, but I see there are reasons for it, and when mernes and lily called his bullshit it was more obvious.
Old 2022-06-07, 19:30   Link #77
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
I hate the latest developments. I guess we are supposed to infer that he for some reason can't just commit suicide and he just wants to be weak and die. So the expected development is that Leo gets his "heart" gouged out and thus loses most of his power, but regenerates a new heart (possibly connected with Echidona) that will allow him to live, get old and die.
I don't get the impression anyone in 5060 can make their own Arc reactor or Akashic engine or whatever batteries Leo runs on. If they pull it he's probably toast.
Old 2022-06-07, 23:04   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, I thought the talking was boring, but after seeing this episode's animation, it is a good thing it doesn't have battle scenes
Still was boring though. The conclusion about wanting to be killed was so obvious that it didn't need an entire episode to do, and we get some extremely convenient and specific spell at the end that makes up for the fact he's OP and everyone else is nothing compared to him

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 15:17   Link #79
Alchemist007
*Author

The flashbacks with his descent into madness was a nice touch.
Old 2022-06-14, 17:10   Link #80
grecefar

I doubt he is dead by the title of the next chapter.