AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-08, 16:25   Link #21
grecefar

I was looking foward to this one, it was a great chapter and is cool that they showed the gelato faces in the first chapter, since they showed green I hope for funny scene in the future.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-08, 16:30   Link #22
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
How can someone(Desumi) who wears that outfit in public be shy? And you would think she would be used to men throwing themselves at her even with her reputation(especially with her reputation for some guys).
Villain logic where you don't overthink the skimpy outfits .
Old 2022-04-09, 09:30   Link #23
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Man, Toei really need to upped their tokusatsu; nowadays anime, manga and some web novel are catching up with interesting idea. LOL.

Old 2022-04-09, 10:31   Link #24
Lex79

Nice series, the premise isn't the most original but so far the execution seems good. I'm curious to see if we'll get a backstory for Desumi to show how she became a villainess.
Now we only need a combining super robot for the heroes...
Old 2022-04-09, 11:05   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a really fun first episode. They really went all out with it. Even just the pure super sentai side was pretty fun. Went all in on the transformation poses, introductions, and entertaining weaponry. They really nailed that side of it on top of it on top of the great main pair. Honestly the leads are just really likable. Even leading to their relationship starting that was the case. Both of them are capable, powerful, and yet have great interactions.

Not sure where it will stack against the powerhouse lineup of this season. But I can definitely see myself enjoying it from start to finish.
Old 2022-04-09, 12:40   Link #26
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Wow....I almost didn't recognise the yellow sentai's voice, at first I thought it was Nao Toyama.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-09, 13:30   Link #27
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This is giving me heavy Boarding School Juliet vibes :)
My short take was pretty much 'a more romantic-comedy take on 'When Max met Miriya' with the super sentai trappings as backdrop'. Sounds amusingly cute enough to merit further observation.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 08:30   Link #28
larethian

Souma and Aisha reincarnated here this cour.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 10:32   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Souma and Aisha reincarnated here this cour.
And right after a story where Subaru and Rem finally got together. It's funny how that works .
Old 2022-04-10, 11:21   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm SO GLAD that we have yet another Tokusatsu (spoof) anime after last season's Kuroitsu-san ending left a gaping hole in my toku-based anime-watching heart. And the animation is very nice too! Damn dem boobas & booties .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
My short take was pretty much 'a more romantic-comedy take on 'When Max met Miriya' with the super sentai trappings as backdrop'. Sounds amusingly cute enough to merit further observation.
For me, this is simply what happens if there's an anime focusing on the "star-crossed lovers" nature of red ranger & villainess (with a slab of comedy). As fans of tokustasu should know, this kind of thing has happened before. One of the most famous is the relationship between Ryu Tendo/Red Hawk & Rie Aoi/Maria from Choujin Sentai Jetman (1991):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm just hoping that we get a......happier... ending in this one .
Old 2022-04-10, 14:05   Link #31
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
For me, this is simply what happens if there's an anime focusing on the "star-crossed lovers" nature of red ranger & villainess (with a slab of comedy). As fans of tokustasu should know, this kind of thing has happened before. One of the most famous is the relationship between Ryu Tendo/Red Hawk & Rie Aoi/Maria from Choujin Sentai Jetman (1991):

-imagery redacted-
Thank you; the history lesson is appreciated. A listing of star-crossed lovers across anime and tokusatsu might make for interesting perusal...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 14:23   Link #32
Frontier

Quote:
I'm SO GLAD that we have yet another Tokusatsu (spoof) anime after last season's Kuroitsu-san ending left a gaping hole in my toku-based anime-watching heart. And the animation is very nice too! Damn dem boobas & booties .

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm just hoping that we get a......happier... ending in this one .
Also Carranger .
Old 2022-04-10, 14:24   Link #33
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

It's as if all those writing prompts about forbidden love between heroes and villains and keeping their secret identity from each other and the public, and those about 2 "ordinary" married couple who didn't know each other's secret identities finally reached critical mass and coalesced to make this series possible

I need 1 more episode to decide but I'm very interested in where this story is heading!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 16:33   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Also Carranger .
Of course. The 1996 classic . Zonette & Kyosuke.

Spoiler for saving space & a bit of NSFW:
For Kids!!!
Old 2022-04-10, 17:33   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Of course. The 1996 classic . Zonette & Kyosuke.

Spoiler for saving space & a bit of NSFW:
For Kids!!!
I saw someone on reddit post about the history of sexy and skimpy Sentai villainesses, so Desumi definitely is true in that spirit .
Old 2022-04-12, 10:12   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It had funny moments, but I'm kinda not feeling the guy. I'm sure he's nice, but he's also loud and a muscle head.

Also, the prof punched with his right hand, but it's his left that's bruised?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 09:46   Link #37
Frontier

We get to see how Red Gelato and Reaper Princess first properly met, and after proving themselves each others' physical equal, Fudo sees Desumi's face behind her mask under the moonlight...and is unsurprisingly smitten .

"HeroTV?" So this really is just like a real tokusatsu show that they're acting out in real life and with some level of real conventions but ultimately all in fun for people to watch .

Desumi being self-conscious about being around Fudo because she's so sweaty...but sweaty Desumi is cute. Everything about Desumi is cute! No wonder Fudo's taking as many pictures of her as he can, but nothing beats the intimateness of a couple selfie .

So Desumi plays dead so Fudo can win...and they just leave her there instead of, like, unmasking her, arresting her, or blowing her up, so I guess that's part of the game that after you're "defeated" they just leave you alone and wait for the next day so you can get right back at it .

Desumi's not happy about the female attention Fudo is seeing as a perceived eligible bachelor, but that's a perfect opportunity to plan their proper first date .

Misaki's great. I love how she has that older, Nee-san, vibe and is very outgoing and teasing, and how she also drinks beer, wears tight outfits, and throws her boobs around. We even got a scene of her in an Onsen showing those babies off even more .

Fudo and Misaki finally getting to see each other out of costume was nice, especially Desumi in her plain clothes which was absolutely stunning .

Fudo taking Misaki's drunk advice to heart and doing things he perceives they'll both enjoy...which is a bunch of exercise training since they're super strong, and running, and eating energy bars...without being considerate of the fact that Desumi is a girl and might have had different expectations .

But while Fudo thinks he's screwed up, in reality Desumi did enjoy herself and just went to get drinks to go with the energy bar. She enjoys any time she has with Fudo and Fudo being himself, and she'll accept that genuinely and be happy. It was a very sweet culmination of their date, it's just too bad the mood and their almost kiss was ruined by their dayjobs, but they're too happy to get into it .

So Gekko has female dorms? And female goons who wear those skintight outfits very well? Cool .

We also meet Desumi's cat Hellko who has seen the real Desumi behind closed doors as she does normal girl things and worry about if she'll ever find love and is anxious about what others think about her...and got a first-hand look at the impact getting together with Fudo has had on Desumi to where she's happy, even more beautiful, doesn't let anything get to her, and is gaga over Red Gelato. It was super adorable .
Old 2022-04-15, 10:45   Link #38
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

oh wow, a third person(?) who knows the secret by episode 2. That was kinda unexpected.

I don't think their interactions have the right to be this cute, but it works for me. If this was another not so well-made series I would've probably have dropped it by the first episode. I don't know what's different, probably Desumi's character design if I had to guess.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 11:29   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
oh wow, a third person(?) who knows the secret by episode 2. That was kinda unexpected.

I don't think their interactions have the right to be this cute, but it works for me. If this was another not so well-made series I would've probably have dropped it by the first episode. I don't know what's different, probably Desumi's character design if I had to guess.
And it's Desumi's cat .
Old 2022-04-15, 18:49   Link #40
stray
Classic Tsundere

This series is a lot more fun than I expected. I might actually break down and check out the manga depending.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote