AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-07, 21:09   Link #21
Decel

The first part felt bleh, but the MC's attitude in his backstory gives me a little hope. I'll roll the dice once more and see if ep2 improves.

Hope this weekend delivers, because so far the series are rather lackluster.
Old 2022-04-07, 21:12   Link #22
Marcus H.
Lord of the Lap Pillow

I easily noticed a lot of "holes" in the story as presented in the POVs of the Hero Leo and the Demon Lord Echidna.

- For one, the town is constructed near the ruins of a modern city. You can clearly see apartments and office buildings covered by overgrowth.
- Both Leo and the Elite Four know business concepts which are unheard of in a typical fantasy story.
- The Hero Stone, which probably grants the bearer the OP abilities needed to defeat the Demon Lord, seems to be cultivated from a laboratory.
- And Echidna's aversion of scorched-earth tactics seems to be a massive departure to your typical Demon Lord behavior.
- Oh, and the Hero wasn't stripped on his Hero Stone by the king despite being kicked out of his role, and the king even trusts the former Hero regardless of the decision.

Those "holes" greatly interest me at the moment. That mystery revolving the setting can be the thing that makes this worthwhile to watch.

Anyway, expect that this series is a complete adaptation since the source is complete at THREE volumes, meaning that we're blessed with a comfortably-paced show at the very least.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 447. Plan to watch: 43.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 21:49   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
since the source is complete at THREE volumes, meaning that we're blessed with a comfortably-paced show at the very least.
Now that's nice

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-09, 01:31   Link #24
rladls2121

Ok, I'm going to watch this anime adaption just because the main protagonist is Sakaki Yuya.

I know he can do this, he is the Supreme King after all.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 10:31   Link #25
stray
Classic Tsundere

So far this kind of reminds me of a more down to earth Realist Hero where MC is productivity consultant rather than king... with less harem, at least for now. I'll probably stick with it, especially since it seems to be a full adaptation. As long as it stays interesting anyway.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 11:29   Link #26
magnuskn

Hm, this isn't clicking with me. The MC ain't exactly a sympathic person and the rest of the cast isn't really doing it for me, either. Dropped.
Old 2022-04-12, 11:35   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh, so the hero is also adopting a black/dark knight alter ego just like Maoyuu? That's a neat callback. But this time, the hero has both the brain & brawn power. I wonder what role the demon queen will play? Leo's role is like both MCs from Maoyuu rolled into one. If so, what's left for the demon queen to do then?

Anyway, I'm still interested in Leo's journey and his managerial career in the demon army. Def a keeper for me unless it drops the ball hard.

Also, I'm really liking Shutina. About time the "secretary" archetype gets more time to shine.
Old 2022-04-12, 12:04   Link #28
grecefar

I did enjoyed it, a full chapter of shutina is a good chapter for me. Each general will likely get a chapter with the next one being lily, I think is going to be a fun chapter.

lol when shutina asked to meet him at night I really thought she was going ahead with the kiss. Maybe if he does a good job helping lily.

Last edited by grecefar; 2022-04-12 at 14:03.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 13:38   Link #29
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Uncertain after the 1st episode but the 2nd episode has made it interesting about the direction of the series. May get on board.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 14:43   Link #30
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Eh right now I'm more into the explanation for management concepts for executives in an organization rather than the uncharacteristically shy succubus and the guy who's trying to rebuild an army he destroyed coz he got nuthin' better to do.

I mean, if this goes kinda similar to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha then I will stick until the end because I liked that show.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 15:00   Link #31
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
uncharacteristically shy succubus
She's not shy around people though. She was just flustered around Leo after catching her in a compromised manner. And the fact that she can't get rid of him both in terms of power and in terms of his help that she needs only makes it annoying for her. Once she realized that Leo did a good job, she became embarassed with her previous dismissal of Leo's work ethic & managerial skills.

Also, Shutina interviewed all the demons working under her. Shy characters usually don't do that.
Old 2022-04-12, 23:54   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, so the hero is also adopting a black/dark knight alter ego just like Maoyuu? That's a neat callback. But this time, the hero has both the brain & brawn power. I wonder what role the demon queen will play? Leo's role is like both MCs from Maoyuu rolled into one. If so, what's left for the demon queen to do then?

Anyway, I'm still interested in Leo's journey and his managerial career in the demon army. Def a keeper for me unless it drops the ball hard.

Also, I'm really liking Shutina. About time the "secretary" archetype gets more time to shine.
I feel like the only role for the Demon Lord in this case is direction. Leo is powerful and capable. But he doesn't really have any direction either. He was asked to defeat the Demons and he did. Now he's basically doing whatever jobs are thrown his way. He can think outside the box to a degree to get those jobs done. But he doesn't really have any direction.

At the very least it seems like she has a goal for both herself and her people. She can presumably provide a cause to follow.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2022-04-13 at 00:28.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-19, 10:40   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh look, Lili is surprisingly smart. All Leo needed to do was to give her a general direction. Though watching his setup hurdles failing one by one is pretty amusing. Btw, after witnessing the power that Lili has, I wonder if she's from the same clan as Holo .

Note: wow, Leo really tried to flirt with Shutina early on. There might be a genuine interest there.
Old 2022-04-19, 11:49   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

The last scene: we have to get to making this ED make sense soon.
Old 2022-04-19, 18:04   Link #35
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Note: wow, Leo really tried to flirt with Shutina early on. There might be a genuine interest there.
Hard to tell. She is the only woman around he can flirt with and considering she is a succubus (that doesn't particularly act as one) it is kind of obvious to provoke her a bit. Though he seemed much more interested in the demon king.

Btw. what is with the recent trend of Succubi that don't act like one at all? It has been an eternity since I last saw a seductive/flirtatious one (in an all-age show).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-19, 18:32   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Btw. what is with the recent trend of Succubi that don't act like one at all? It has been an eternity since I last saw a seductive/flirtatious one (in an all-age show).
The succubi in recent Iruma-kun show would like to know your location .
Old 2022-04-19, 22:09   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ep2 was definitely better than Ep1, but Ep3 was deadly boring again
It really doesn't help when the protagonist narrates half the episode, trying to show that he is smart, when it is just that everyone else is terribly dumb

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-19, 22:51   Link #38
stray
Classic Tsundere

Yeah, my interest is really sort of fizzling out after episode 3.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-26, 10:43   Link #39
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, this episode has Leo trying hard to apply Japanese drinking etiquette to get outta dodge but to no avail. Btw, was he reincarnated from futuristic Japan in that early scene? Or is this world just the far future after a time skip?

Also, does Leo remember his previous life or him changing his face to the way he was is just a reflex/muscle memory?

All in all, an interesting turn of events.
Old 2022-04-26, 11:10   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

Such a shame this interrupt trope is still alive, and to use it here of all places felt really dumb too, it's not exactly a romcom (at least not yet). It would've felt like good payoff to reveal his identity there and possibly get a real reaction instead of straight violence from Echidna.