AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-06, 07:59   Link #61
magnuskn

Kuromukuro was shoujo leaning? Kinda didn't see that and I pretty much loved the series.
Old 2022-04-06, 08:13   Link #62
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Kuromukuro was shoujo leaning? Kinda didn't see that and I pretty much loved the series.
I liked it as well though I haven't seen it in years.

Maybe not the best wording on my part but I just mean that in the sense of being more inviting to a female audience. Shoji Kawamori (Macross creator) has always done that though at least since Escaflowne.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 09:54   Link #63
magnuskn

Ah, alright, makes complete sense.
Old 2022-04-06, 18:21   Link #64
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm assuming you've seen at least some mecha considering your Macross avatar; generally the power fantasy doesn't start until the nobody MC somehow finds themselves in the cockpit and realizes they're the greatest pilot in the universe somehow... or at least the one with the most potential. Someone I knew around here years back called it the "instant mecha pilot".
Isn't that what this series is going for? He was content to be a mob character enjoying life in the countryside after being "worked to death" by his sister's whims. Circumstances of this world meant his life would just be used for money/time/effort again so he sought out a Pay-2-Win item in the world.

He literally is an instant scifi ship captain with a P2W legendary vessel from an Ancient Civilization.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 21:21   Link #65
Twi

Yeah, hence easy mode.

Leaving aside the fact that it's more he stupided himself to death because he didn't think to take a nap, Luxion exists so Leon technically never has to worry about money or resources again, meaning that the series should be able to focus on taking a hammer to the Otome genre by showing how it looks from behind the curtain.

I cannot stress how stupid the isekai vector was here. I really can't. This is the one time I legit would have accepted a truck hitting someone to send them off.
Old 2022-04-07, 14:02   Link #66
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

Leaving aside the fact that it's more he stupided himself to death because he didn't think to take a nap, I cannot stress how stupid the isekai vector was here. I really can't. This is the one time I legit would have accepted a truck hitting someone to send them off.
That's because he understimated his own fatigue, it happens IRL

Quote:
Luxion exists so Leon technically never has to worry about money or resources again
Wrong, Leon has already knowledge about the game and with it access to all the farming areas that bring out the best available income.
If anything, Luxion is the fire power he needs.
Quote:
Old 2022-04-10, 08:48   Link #67
mickbis

the episode sure end too fast... and each event is bring shorten so several characters isn't bring properly introduce
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 09:35   Link #68
Twi

Oh, Best Girl Marie has shown up at last.
Old 2022-04-10, 09:42   Link #69
GDB

So based on the end of the episode, I'm going to assume Marie is also an isekai from Japan who completed the game, and is purposely triggering the events that Olivia should have triggered before she can. Essentially stealing the protagonist role.

Guess this is the conflict the story needed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 10:19   Link #70
Decel

The second ep unexpectedly increased my interest in the show. The explanation as to why he has to go to the academy and his behaviour there seems on-point with his character so far.
Old 2022-04-10, 10:55   Link #71
ryllharu

The character design is just very off-putting. Everyone looks like a plastic fashion doll.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 11:00   Link #72
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
The character design is just very off-putting. Everyone looks like a plastic fashion doll.
Everyone have consensus on that sadly,
it like ENGI purposely use that art style to have "Otome Game" feeling on main character design
Old 2022-04-10, 12:36   Link #73
magnuskn

Well, this is getting pretty interesting. Definitely picked up now.
Old 2022-04-10, 12:57   Link #74
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Everyone have consensus on that sadly,
it like ENGI purposely use that art style to have "Otome Game" feeling on main character design
Maybe its because I play a lot of VN but the character design doesn't bother me at all... I can't handle Dance Dance Danseur eyes though.

Don't mess with tea parties. Adaptation seems solid enough but I'm wondering how they're going to handle some implications in the near future. Nice to finally meet the rest of the cast, regardless.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 13:07   Link #75
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Maybe its because I play a lot of VN but the character design doesn't bother me at all... I can't handle Dance Dance Danseur eyes though.

Don't mess with tea parties. Adaptation seems solid enough but I'm wondering how they're going to handle some implications in the near future. Nice to finally meet the rest of the cast, regardless.
Well the eye is the only problems, I find myself get used to the eye in episode 2 lol
it not bad but manga/light novel overall art is definitely better that kind of feeling
but I will take it anyways and hope it do well
Old 2022-04-10, 14:02   Link #76
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So based on the end of the episode, I'm going to assume Marie is also an isekai from Japan who completed the game, and is purposely triggering the events that Olivia should have triggered before she can. Essentially stealing the protagonist role.

Guess this is the conflict the story needed.
Since it looks like everyone's ignoring you then it's true, and I went here having reached the same opinion.

This is getting interesting, I'm probably picking this up
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 14:12   Link #77
grecefar

props to the anime to answer my question of the previous chapter, why he doesn't just take the money and make something for himself. He was doing it and his only purpose to attend the academy is to find a wife, seems to be the only way to find one of his choice.

it truly got interesting on the change of the protagonist and now he befriend the actual/former protagonist?, lol is funny.

to be honest the antagonist rich girl is not actually that antagonist and the prince is just a dick.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 15:12   Link #78
Twi

Right, so review is done on my blog as per usual.

If anyone was wondering, the older sister's name is Jenna. Leon has two brothers and two sisters in this life, with his older brother being the one introduced last episode when he was in the barn (he also attends the academy) and a younger one back on the farm.

As for the marriage thing, Leon technically is only getting married because its expected of him because men who aren't married by 20 are seen as dishonorable and not fit for more responsibility or climbing the social ladder. I mean, that's what a mob should be and I don't see why he isn't beelining it for that outcome, but whatever. That's the reason according to the LN. Then again, that was only from the content that was skipped last episode and maybe there's more ahead that I need to review to recall.

The reason he was also whining about becoming a Baron was that it changed his prospects. He's a higher-ranked noble because of it, which means he doesn't go to the general classes like he wanted, but to the ones specifically for the higher-ranked nobles, and you can see the kind of women that inhabit it. So effectively, he unintentionally screwed himself over by doing too good a job. This is because the Kingdom was founded by Adventurers, so for him to be so successful at such a young age, marks him as capable. His marriage prospects would be better if not for the class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Since it looks like everyone's ignoring you then it's true, and I went here having reached the same opinion.

This is getting interesting, I'm probably picking this up
Less ignoring, more some of us have future knowledge and we're being careful about it. There's more to it.
Old 2022-04-10, 16:14   Link #79
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Right, so review is done on my blog as per usual.

If anyone was wondering, the older sister's name is Jenna. Leon has two brothers and two sisters in this life, with his older brother being the one introduced last episode when he was in the barn (he also attends the academy) and a younger one back on the farm.

As for the marriage thing, Leon technically is only getting married because its expected of him because men who aren't married by 20 are seen as dishonorable and not fit for more responsibility or climbing the social ladder. I mean, that's what a mob should be and I don't see why he isn't beelining it for that outcome, but whatever. That's the reason according to the LN. Then again, that was only from the content that was skipped last episode and maybe there's more ahead that I need to review to recall.

The reason he was also whining about becoming a Baron was that it changed his prospects. He's a higher-ranked noble because of it, which means he doesn't go to the general classes like he wanted, but to the ones specifically for the higher-ranked nobles, and you can see the kind of women that inhabit it. So effectively, he unintentionally screwed himself over by doing too good a job. This is because the Kingdom was founded by Adventurers, so for him to be so successful at such a young age, marks him as capable. His marriage prospects would be better if not for the class.

Less ignoring, more some of us have future knowledge and we're being careful about it. There's more to it.
Becaue if he doesn't have the social status as a mob he will be forced to marry his step-mother's uggo friends and he wouldn't be able to turn her down due to her status.
Old 2022-04-10, 16:56   Link #80
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, the chapters are going well, the animation is perhaps not the most desired but I'm not complaining, to wait for the next chapter to see the protagonist act.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem