AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-10, 17:10   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm surprised at how much I'm liking this.

Could have they made it more obvious that Marie is his sister though? It's already obvious from a meta perspective: if there is another isekai-jin around in that sort of story, it's usually someone the MC knows from his past life, and the only one we've seen is his sister. More importantly, they're both voiced by Ayane Sakura, and she's the kind of seiyuu with a voice you instantly recognize.

Marie is basically Bakarina if she was actually devious. It's all working out for the best though, since going by the ED, that means the actual best girls will be pushed into Leon's arms as a result. The prince's fiancée who was an antagonist in the game actually seems like a rather nice girl, she just doesn't like getting NTR'd. She's very good looking and has big boobs too, same goes for the heroine.
Old 2022-04-10, 17:17   Link #82
Lex79

So, the villainess doesn't seem really bad, at least she doesn't have prejudices against Leon.
The male capture targets seem destined to play the role of antagonists, and the fact that they are the only males in a position of power isn't going to make things easier between them and Leon.
The loli seems to be the real villainess despite playing the part of the heroine, I'm curious to learn more about her.
I'm glad to see a confirmation that Leon is strong and competent enough to hold his own in battle. Speaking of him, despite trying not to get involved with the game plot he can't help but rising flags with Olivia, and it was fun to see how his opinion of her did a complete 180 after meeting her in person.
This second episode really solidified my interest in the series. If it keeps this way I'll definitely check the source material for more.
Old 2022-04-10, 23:05   Link #83
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Marie is definitely the sister. Same voice by Ayane Sakura. Why would they cast her as the sister in ep1 if not for this. She's pretty recognizable. Kinda ruined the twist there now though, although maybe it will be revealed early so it wouldn't matter?

The question now is, why would she usurp the protagonist's role in the story. And she would have been planning this for as long as Leon, though he planned to just stay as a mob himself and live peacefully. Also, that means she played through the game to be able to know the plot points and event flags to be able to insert herself in it. For someone who said that she just wanted the special voices and other things from clearing the game but pushed it to her brother to clear it, she bothered to know of the story to use it on her reincarnation. Maybe she played the game after knowing her brother died from clearing it and died herself. Guess by playing it long enough she loved the male targets a lot that she wanted to be the protagonist in the next life and get the reverse harem ending. Would be interesting when she and Leon faces off and they figure out their identities.

Need more Luxion though. I want more of his banter with Leon.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 01:14   Link #84
Lex79

Quote:
She's very good looking and has big boobs too, same goes for the heroine.
I'm not going to lie, that's definitely a huge plus in my eyes.
Old 2022-04-11, 03:17   Link #85
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
Oh god where do I start
Spoiler for For what happened:
You should send this via pm and then delete post. It's risky leave massive spoiler in thread.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2022-04-11 at 06:17.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 04:20   Link #86
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Oh, Best Girl Marie has shown up at last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Speaking of him, despite trying not to get involved with the game plot he can't help but rising flags with Olivia, and it was fun to see how his opinion of her did a complete 180 after meeting her in person.
He's the type of shameless guy who doesn't care how hypocritical he is.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 06:16   Link #87
Tenzen12

Well, it was always either devious or brainless and he really couldn't tell which until he met her in person. Not to mention he wasn't exactly in right state of mind when he played that game.
Old 2022-04-11, 06:45   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
The question now is, why would she usurp the protagonist's role in the story. And she would have been planning this for as long as Leon, though he planned to just stay as a mob himself and live peacefully. Also, that means she played through the game to be able to know the plot points and event flags to be able to insert herself in it. For someone who said that she just wanted the special voices and other things from clearing the game but pushed it to her brother to clear it, she bothered to know of the story to use it on her reincarnation. Maybe she played the game after knowing her brother died from clearing it and died herself. Guess by playing it long enough she loved the male targets a lot that she wanted to be the protagonist in the next life and get the reverse harem ending. Would be interesting when she and Leon faces off and they figure out their identities.
While Leon would be content living a peaceful mob life, that doesn't mean Marie doesn't have greater ambitions. I think wanting to be a princess and later queen is all the reason she needs to usurp the heroine's role. Might want that sweet reverse harem end too.
Old 2022-04-11, 07:00   Link #89
Twi

Logically, the Five are the highest-ranked nobles, with one being the prince and the other being his relative. Meanwhile, Marie is a Viscount's daughter, placing her just above a Baron (which is the lowest of the social order) with only Olivia being known as one of the lower ones because she's a commoner. On top of that, she's the daughter of a poor viscount, which is worse than a rich Baron, so under normal circumstances, there's no way she'd get with any of them.

But, riddle me this, Olivia (who is a commoner) is supposed to in-game become capable of getting a reverse harem. So Marie should also be capable somehow, yes?

And again, I love the perspective flip. If Olivia was the one who was getting nice with the Prince and we were seeing it from her perspective, we'd only get the bad parts to color our view of Angelica being solely the antagonist. But since we're watching from an outside perspective (like that of a Mob) we can see how some low-ranked girl suddenly gets the affections of the prince would be pretty suspicious and humiliating for someone who was engaged to him.

People mention Bakarina, but basically think of Angelica as the original villainess before she got her past-life memories while Maria Campbell is Olivia. Except for this time the one who reincarnated was one of the faceless guys who stand in the background, only he has the equivalent of a nuke in a world where they are still using cannons.

Last edited by Twi; 2022-04-11 at 07:14.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 07:04   Link #90
Tenzen12

If nothing else being viscount her ignorance of who she slapped is even more pronounced (not that slapping prince is forgivable offense in first place).
Old 2022-04-11, 07:17   Link #91
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
And again, I love the perspective flip. If Olivia was the one who was getting nice with the Prince and we were seeing it from her perspective, we'd only get the bad parts to color our view of Angelica being solely the antagonist. But since we're watching from an outside perspective (like that of a Mob) we can see how some low-ranked girl suddenly gets the affections of the prince would be pretty suspicious and humiliating for someone who was engaged to him.
I don't think its just perspective; Angelica is just more a bossy type than an actual villainess.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 07:41   Link #92
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I don't think its just perspective; Angelica is just more a bossy type than an actual villainess.
Well, at least when Leon played the game he only saw her as a villainess.

Of course, he also saw Oliva as a "devious woman".
Old 2022-04-11, 09:32   Link #93
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
She comes off almost immediately as the, "Oh No! I've Been Reincarnated as the Villainess!" character archetype. Misunderstood and driven away by circumstance, or caught up in her own jealousy of being rejected/replaced. Swept up in the emotion of it all.

She was quite kind with Olivia, even if a little exasperated that Olivia continued to dig a hole with her lack of formal etiquette education.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 10:03   Link #94
grecefar

I believe that in Olivia POV of the game there is no scene that would put angelica in a good light. As the player you would believe that she was the one sending the bullies to the protagonist, when now we know the true.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 10:39   Link #95
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
She comes off almost immediately as the, "Oh No! I've Been Reincarnated as the Villainess!" character archetype. Misunderstood and driven away by circumstance, or caught up in her own jealousy of being rejected/replaced. Swept up in the emotion of it all.

She was quite kind with Olivia, even if a little exasperated that Olivia continued to dig a hole with her lack of formal etiquette education.
It's possible, but she is also quite stuck on etiquette and rules. What Maria/Olivia doing with prince is pretty bad look and even more for prince then for girls. Higher on social ledder they are less excuse they can make for ignoring their standing. For all we know she might as well just try protect prince reputation.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2022-04-11 at 10:55.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 10:48   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While it's not confirmed, tough to not run with the idea that Marie is the sister. Which raises all sorts of questions. If she knew enough to usurp the main girl role in this story then why have her brother play the game? Heck, are we saying that after her brother died she still sunk herself into that game to enjoy the voice lines and cutscenes? I know she tried to blackmail him into playing the game for her. But was she that evil?

To a degree I get why she took a different approach from her brother. The standing for guys in that setting isn't great. It's a lot more work to make use of the game knowledge to do anything and the ceiling is theoretically lower. But that girl could make full use of her knowledge of the game without as many issues. And the ceiling if she does it right involves harems, royalty, and crazy political power. With enough ambition it would make sense to take full advantage.

I did enjoy the episode. It makes sense that something had to throw events off the rails a bit otherwise the game's protagonist wouldn't end up this guy's love interest. Also makes things interesting since that puts her right off the main character path while retaining all her good qualities. Even if it means the MC has to flip flop how he thinks about her, the good thing is that he does the right things and tries to help her out. Although he's still a bit naive in some ways. It should be obvious that Olivia is well off the path of where she was in the game. Regardless of why Marie has usurped her (I can't blame him for not thinking too far outside the box) it should be clear that if he does distance himself from her that's simply going to leave her isolated.

Even managed to establish the rival girl as being pretty darn good. She's got to dance around her own position and fulfill what is expected of her. But at her core she's not a bad person. And probably will be left feeling more sympathy for her as she's going to be increasingly cornered. And it's kind of a nice thing that two people that would be aggressive rivals in the game will likely end up friends here. Still rivals going for the same guy, but different tone and situation.
Old 2022-04-11, 11:21   Link #97
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post

I feel the same, she seems strict, maybe a tsundere, and so easily misunderstood.

The question is if she has actual feelings for the prince or if she's simply trying to fulfill her role the best she can. I suspect the latter if she's going to be a love interest for Leon later.
Old 2022-04-11, 12:29   Link #98
HandofFate

the biggest str of this show imo, is that even the premise isn't that amazing. The presentation is nicely done, other LN adaptations is usually a bunch of loosely put together scenes and hopefully it fits. I feel this show makes an effort to provide the info that it needs to for the viewer to follow what's going on.
Old 2022-04-12, 02:18   Link #99
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
While it's not confirmed, tough to not run with the idea that Marie is the sister. Which raises all sorts of questions. If she knew enough to usurp the main girl role in this story then why have her brother play the game? Heck, are we saying that after her brother died she still sunk herself into that game to enjoy the voice lines and cutscenes? I know she tried to blackmail him into playing the game for her. But was she that evil?
The hard part of the game was the battle scenes, not that otome game part. That's why Leon was forced to buy Luxon.

This ain't Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess.
Old 2022-04-12, 23:00   Link #100
Alchemist007
*Author

I sometimes look up spoilers just to get some insight into the storytelling and direction, particularly when I'm indifferent to a premise.

Anyhow, ep.2 does bring an interesting direction vs what one could expect from the usual isekai.

Tags
harem