AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2018-09-05, 21:41   Link #281
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
To me Macross Delta still better than most anime movie this year. Even better than SAO movie.

Especially Keith vs Messer dogfight in te movie. I mean do you agree that its one of the best dogfight scene in entire Macross franchise?

(by the way, what do you think my review?)
Well....1 is mecha anime and the other one is non mecha anime..
U should compare apple to apple not apple to orange
Even both is movie..but genre is difrent
Maybe u should compare with another mecha movie.....
Ex: compare with guren laggan or aquation movies...or other(i really want to say frontier but tbh this already mainstream)
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 09:16   Link #282
charles883

Sorry but nowadays there no mecha movie other than Mazinger Z movie and its quite good but its super robot genre which different than Real robot. Sad times as mecha anime movie become rare. To me Delta movie are better than Frontier movie 1 but Frontier movie 2 are better.

Quote:
But I do really dislike Roid as a character in general. While I could sympathize with Keith for his brother's condition (who's is used like a tool by both his father and supposed best friend later on) and also other Knights who really didn't wanna fight the war (Bogue is not in this area) but had to... Roid's motivation always felt... shallow and pointless. This guy wants to join everyone into a hive mind for peace? Has this guy seen any media in said genre? It never works. Exhibit A: Fallout. Period
Roid motivation , I kinda understand. As he research on his own race, many of his race has meet criteria of true successor of Protoculture like having Fold receptor, strongest micron race. fast learner and latest creation except 1 most important criteria: lifespan as Windermere are shortest compare to other Protoculture race. For all his talk on Windermere are chosen one, he painfully aware that they are not due to their short lifespan and in long term, they are most likely will died out. That why he was desperate save his race by enact hive mind after he found out that ruin device only compatible with fold receptor, he wants Windermere to become eternal race and free from curse of their lifespan even though he did it in wrong way. This highlight when Walkure sense his sorrow and despair during final battle in the movie.

Its seems that in the movie Roid plan actually going more smoothly and faster time than series. It seems that Roid has been planning hive mind plan right from beginning as his plan going more slowly than movie version as different was Gramia died earlier in the movie than series. It look like that Gramia actually interfere Roid plan as Gramia only care for revenge on NUNS and does not think on long term on his people. No wonder Roid kill him as he knew Gramia will continue interfere Roid plan without Gramia knowing it.

Last edited by charles883; 2018-09-07 at 09:56.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 13:36   Link #283
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

OTOH, I never felt so indifferent to a Macross protagonist, but Hayate is so meh! that I cannot care less about what happens to him.

Speaking of Alto, he was plenty confused about Sheryl. After all, he had never met anyone who can fill the shoes of a woman better than he does...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 15:45   Link #284
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Speaking of Alto, he was plenty confused about Sheryl. After all, he had never met anyone who can fill the shoes of a woman better than he does...
The one thing the movies did which I really found better than the TV series (because I prefer "fuck-up Ranka" to "really nice Ranka". ) was the incredibly cute scene of chibi-Sheryl meeting chibi-Alto. Daaaaaawwwwww!!!
Old 2018-09-07, 00:22   Link #285
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Chibi Sheryl beats everything. I'm sorry but her uguu tsun face absolutely killed me. I'm ruined for life sobs
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 03:29   Link #286
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Chibi Sheryl beats everything. I'm sorry but her uguu tsun face absolutely killed me. I'm ruined for life sobs
Yeah, she'd the only thing missing to make Frontier TV a perfect experience. Oh, well. Head canon, I guess.
Old 2018-09-07, 10:35   Link #287
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Okay, it has gone on long enough, use a Frontier thread to discuss Frontier and use this thread to discuss the Delta movie.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-09, 21:51   Link #288
charles883

Guys, do you think that VF-31 are superior than Sv-262 due to its versatility as VF-31 can use more pack system like Armored pack and even Ghost booster pack?

Strangely that when ask to go Frontier thread, no one go there?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote